HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 3.0 - Unbelievable++ Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2012, 07:41 PM

vCash: 500
Man the Sting suck. 5-0. A team full of Patrick Traverse's.

Old
10-19-2012, 07:50 PM
That

Assist for Gally! Insane hands.

Old
10-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Galchenyuk with a PP assist.

Old
10-19-2012, 07:52 PM
CN_paladin

Man can the Habs exert some pressure on Sarnia to trade Gally to a team with a system and most importantly a defense?

Old
10-19-2012, 07:54 PM

Man the hockeystreams stream is way behind. Still 5-0 here.

Old
10-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

Don't worry, they will trade him baring some incredible season by the Sting. They ''lost'' Stamkos and Yakupov without getting assets in return, they can't afford to lose another stud for nothing as Gally should be in the NHL next year.

It will probably be only a late December/early January trade though. That's usually when big deals go down in the CHL.

Old
10-19-2012, 07:56 PM
pcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
Man can the Habs exert some pressure on Sarnia to trade Gally to a team with a system and most importantly a defense?
I don't think it's that bad , he can become a good player without good teammates. Collberg's situation however is the worse, they should exert pressure to make him play or move to chl.(solve two problems in one if he goes to sarnia hehe)

Old
10-19-2012, 07:58 PM

Goldobin is a boss.

Old
10-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Slick Eller

5-2

Goal Goldobin.

Old
10-19-2012, 07:59 PM
That

5-2 Guelph at the end of the second. Sarnia started picking up momentum later on.

He had a many nice passes that period. A beauty cross ice feed to Sarault and a between the legs pass right in the crease. His assist came from stickhandling through 3 players and lost the puck, but Hottot was right there to pick it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamp View Post
I don't think it's that bad , he can become a good player without good teammates. Collberg's situation however is the worse, they should exert pressure to make him play or move to chl.(solve two problems in one if he goes to sarnia hehe)
Can't happen this year. It may happen next year though, but he hasn't been drafted in the CHL Import draft yet.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Slick Eller

I can't believe Phoenix drafter Connor Murphy in the 1st round. He is absolutely awful defensively.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:05 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I love that Gally can make things happen with this dangling skills.. I think he needs to simplify his game a bit and build from the ground up again, however. Start with simple, smart passes, then build up to the, deke everyone and set someone up plays.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:15 PM
pcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
5-2 Guelph at the end of the second. Sarnia started picking up momentum later on.

He had a many nice passes that period. A beauty cross ice feed to Sarault and a between the legs pass right in the crease. His assist came from stickhandling through 3 players and lost the puck, but Hottot was right there to pick it up.

Can't happen this year. It may happen next year though, but he hasn't been drafted in the CHL Import draft yet.
I believe samuelsson wasn't drafted either and made the jump after WJC.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:20 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamp View Post
I believe samuelsson wasn't drafted either and made the jump after WJC.
Henrik Samuelsson previously played in North America though. He was born in the US, and played there until two years ago.

Welcome to boards by the way

Old
10-19-2012, 08:27 PM
pcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Henrik Samuelsson previously played in North America though. He was born in the US, and played there until two years ago.

Welcome to boards by the way
Ohhhh i see.. I've been reading these boards for a while and figured i should create an account so I could share my opinions... haha

Old
10-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Galy seems to have been picking up steam, good to see.

10-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

The Sting get robbed of a goal that would have made it 5-4.

Old
10-19-2012, 09:11 PM
That

6-3 win for Guelph. Galchenyuk had 1 assist. Despite the 6 goals against, he wasn't one the ice for any of them.

Galchenyuk started the game off nicely. He had a faceoff win on PK and cleared the puck down the ice. Later that shift he picked the up and went through the entire Guelph team, but Boucher couldn't finish. He also had a nice pass cross ice. He looked really strong on the PK too. In the second Galchenyuk had a beautiful cross ice pass to Sarault, but he fumbled the puck. He also went through the entire team again, but the puck trickled out of the other side of the crease, between both Sarault and Boucher. He had a beautiful between the legs pass right in the front of the net. He was a bit quieter in the third however, which could probably be attributed to spending most of his time on the PK (including a 3 minute shift). He had almost got Kuzmyk killed with a suicide pass. I notice he did that twice tonight, but the player didn't get hit. Galchenyuk attempted a really stupid pass to Murphy on the PP, and the Guelph player got a breakaway. Galchenyuk hustled all the back and at the last second was able to swipe the puck from his stick and prevent a shot (middle of his 3 minutes + shift). On a 5-on-3 Galchenyuk realized that the puck was loose, he lost the race to it, but managed to out muscle the player and turn the puck around for a 1 on 1 with the defender.

Overall, I though he played great. He was Sarnia's best player, not that says a whole lot though. He wasn't electrifying and he had his fair share of mistakes, but he certainly made up for that. He created a ton of chances, but only one was converted. He's needs to simplify things and he will pick his production up. Tonight's game was huge step in the right direction.

- Coyotes draft pick Connor Murphy really needs to stop trying to force his shots. He can never seem to get his shot on net. He looked really good early on in the season, but he can't catch a break, he is seemingly having trouble staying on his feet. He seems to be losing his balance very easily.
- Kuzmyk was great tonight, easily Sarnia's defenceman.
- Hottot played really good until the third, he had a dirty hit too. He should get suspended for that hit. Disgusting and unnecessary.
- 2013 eligible Jason Dickinson had a very solid game. Looked great every shift and utilized his hard wrist shot quite often.
- Leafs prospect Matt Finn had an interesting night. He had some bad moments, but for the most part he was very solid. The PP is clearly his bread and butter offensively and had quite a few good plays on it.
- 2013 eligible Tyler Bertuzzi had good moments and bad moments. He turned the puck over and wasn't winning his puck battles, but when the puck was on his stick he created chances. I'd wouldn't recommend that he fights again, that wasn't pretty.

Last edited by That: 10-19-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old
10-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

MT impressed by Galchenyuk, loves his hands, explosive skating ability and work ethic/compete level, but is also pretty clear on the fact he won't be rushed:

http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/#cat=en...videoID=115050

Old
10-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I love that Gally can make things happen with this dangling skills.. I think he needs to simplify his game a bit and build from the ground up again, however. Start with simple, smart passes, then build up to the, deke everyone and set someone up plays.
This is why playing on a terrible team will ultimately be good for him IMO.

Old
10-19-2012, 11:30 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Why? because it will get him used to eventually playing on the Habs?

Old
10-19-2012, 11:55 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Yeah, we don't need a Beaulieu like case where he's a luxury offensive player on a stacked team who can get away with trying to be too flashy, a struggle is good for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
Why? because it will get him used to eventually playing on the Habs?
And this

Old
10-19-2012, 11:57 PM
bleuetbio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
MT impressed by Galchenyuk, loves his hands, explosive skating ability and work ethic/compete level, but is also pretty clear on the fact he won't be rushed:

http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/#cat=en...videoID=115050
statement at 2:22 on the video. Maybe, the staff went to the game to check more the team than Gally himself...

Old
10-20-2012, 08:25 AM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Hey, I wonder if it would be a good idea to sign Charles Sarault? Kid has great skill, and has played with Galchenyuk, could be impressive in the NHL.

Thoughts?

Old
10-20-2012, 08:51 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
Hey, I wonder if it would be a good idea to sign Charles Sarault? Kid has great skill, and has played with Galchenyuk, could be impressive in the NHL.

Thoughts?
I don't really know why but he reminds me a lot of Corey Locke.

Closed Thread