HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Albany Devils Games

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
Why the **** does Sestito have an "A"
Sestito has been one of the best players in the last two games for the AHL.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Zippy316

I thought for sure that scramble was a going to be a goal.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:20 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Sestito has been one of the best players in the last two games for the AHL.
meh I just hate him from when he was up with the big squad.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:23 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I thought for sure that scramble was a going to be a goal.
you and i both

Old
10-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
you and i both
Albany played much much better, their horrid PK is why they lost, and they did have times when they were pinned in their zone.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Albany needs to call Dave Barr for their PK. Wonder if he ever recovered from whatever was wrong with him this Spring?

Henrique was killing the penalties. Not that he really killed any haha. Josefson a few. Their PP is pretty brutal too. The PK was definitely the difference. The only even strength goal from Syracuse came seconds after a PP expired. Only the last PK of the game was decent. One PP was also played in their own zone so that sucks too.

At least Tedenby scored.I'm just interested in how our NHL guys, and guys that may be on our NHL team are doing. I could care less about Jay Leach or Sestito.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:43 PM
VaxjoDevil

Not sure if Albany is trying to copy the NJD aggressive PK, their boxplay was all over the place. Instead of taking the lane back, the frontmen started chasing the puck.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:52 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
Reminds me a lot of the NJ Devils. Outstanding at ES,mediocre at special teams.

Old
10-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

The PP they got running up there is miserable. Anyone see the one PP where they were pinned in their own zone for half of it? That's not to even mention the brutal PK.

I wonder how Larsson felt when he took some shifts with Jay Leach!

Old
10-19-2012, 10:08 PM
VaxjoDevil

Leach was bad. But honestly, Larsson did not look that sharp though. The best of the Swedes were Tedenby and Yayo. Henrique is probably a bit lost going from playing with Kovy and Parise to this, he did not stand out much.

Old
10-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
Leach was bad. But honestly, Larsson did not look that sharp though. The best of the Swedes were Tedenby and Yayo. Henrique is probably a bit lost going from playing with Kovy and Parise to this, he did not stand out much.
I don't think Larsson or Leach looked too bad. Just LOL'ing that Leach is probably almost old enough to be Adam's dad!

Tedenby, and Josefson looked good. Butler didn't look so hot, neither did Henrique. Butler played on Henrique's line the whole night I think. Henrique losing that faceoff was crucial in one of the Syracuse PP goals early in the PP too.

Old
10-19-2012, 10:28 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
I doubt any of the guys who know they're going to be in the NHL are going full speed.

Old
10-19-2012, 10:37 PM
VaxjoDevil

Wife and I are actually thinking about driving up to Albany to watch Wednesday's game. Would be nice to watch some live action, and I can actually arrange some professional meetings long overdue.

Old
10-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
I doubt any of the guys who know they're going to be in the NHL are going full speed.
Yeah I don't wanna accuse of Henrique of being lazy, but sometimes he looks like the smartest player on the ice in the NHL, wise beyond his years. Tonight he really didn't. Not that he looked dumb. Just that he didn't look as strong, and heads up as his usual self.

Old
10-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Teddy Bear and Yayo have a lot of natural chemistry together.
Definitely a good thing, I hope that continues into the NHL season. Tedenby can use every advantage he can get to make it.

Quote:
Henrique is probably a bit lost going from playing with Kovy and Parise to this, he did not stand out much.
I hope it's just that he hasn't adjusted yet, or that he's going at less than full speed because it's the AHL. I don't want to have to hear from the Oilers fans again that he was a product of his linemates last season and isn't actually a top player in his own right.

Old
10-20-2012, 12:47 AM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Henrique's in kind've a weird spot. He's got a newly-signed Clarksony guy on his left that's still transitioning to a fast game in a small rink, and on his right is one of the biggest question-marks in Butler. Gotta be tough after playing with Parise (winning pucks, strong on D, underrated playmaker) and Kovalchuk (mother****ing Kovalchuk) and in a new system.

Its possible he may not quite have the skill to carry a whole line on his own, so his linemates (be it Hall or Josefson or Kovy) might make a big difference. Either way, getting top line time can only help him. He's one of the few guys I don't worry at all about mentally.

EDIT: And it's not like we haven't seen him excel without top-quality players. The Teddy-Hank-Clarkson line was really effective to start last season. And he looked great in preseason playing with all sorts of guys.

Old
10-20-2012, 12:52 AM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

I can't get the attachment to these guys the way I do the big Devils. That post hit did hurt though in the 2nd period. That, and the brutal PK was the difference.

I'm more interested in Larsson, Henrique, Josefson, Tedenby, and Butler playing well. If they're up there playing solid, and Tedenby is scoring goals like tonight(I didn't catch it. Didn't start watching until the 2nd) and other guys are scoring who will or might play on our big club, and playing well overall I'll be happy enough with that.

I don't remember if Larsson, and Josefson were getting lots of PK time. The quality of the stream wasn't the best, but Henrique was on all of them.

Old
10-20-2012, 01:26 AM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

I did see the highlights, and liked Tedenby's goal. I'm pretty impressed. Last year's NHL Tedenby would have rocketed that thing wide, and not even got it on net.

Old
10-20-2012, 08:13 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

link to teddy's goal?

Old
10-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Ya, I want to see Tedenby's goal if possible. Is there a YT highlights package for this game that would have it?

Old
10-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Jack Griffin

Game Highlights:

Old
10-20-2012, 12:25 PM
KovalSNIPE

Josefson looked outstanding! That deke in the 3rd while heading into the zone was a beauty! He's starting to look like Zetterberg, whom he was compared to!!!

Old
10-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Zetterberg is still a stretch of a comparison, but it is nice to see that his offensive game is developing well.

Old
10-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
Henrique's in kind've a weird spot. He's got a newly-signed Clarksony guy on his left that's still transitioning to a fast game in a small rink, and on his right is one of the biggest question-marks in Butler. Gotta be tough after playing with Parise (winning pucks, strong on D, underrated playmaker) and Kovalchuk (mother****ing Kovalchuk) and in a new system.

Its possible he may not quite have the skill to carry a whole line on his own, so his linemates (be it Hall or Josefson or Kovy) might make a big difference. Either way, getting top line time can only help him. He's one of the few guys I don't worry at all about mentally.

EDIT: And it's not like we haven't seen him excel without top-quality players. The Teddy-Hank-Clarkson line was really effective to start last season. And he looked great in preseason playing with all sorts of guys.

I don't get the comparison, Pesonen = Clarkson-lite really ?

Old
10-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Belizarius

Send a message via MSN to Belizarius
Watched most of the game (though the stream stopped in 3rd and despite buying the season feed, couldn't launch it again )

Tedenby was excellent : was the best forward with Sestito. The others weren't very good but overall, Albany deserved a better fate. They dominated the 1st and most of 3rd.
The defense was not very good though, with Burlon or McPherson having some brain cramps at times.

But as mentionned earlier, PK and PP were awful? They need to take less penalties if the can't kill better than that. Frazee was good enough but not helped by a poor positionning in front of him.

Closed Thread