HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Minnesota Golden Gophers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2012, 11:00 AM
  #176
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lam7825 View Post
It's not the Final Five, it's the Frozen Four that matters! Halfway there- 2 more W's and the turnaround is complete!

Do we wish for a UMD rematch or BC?

Either way, I'm sure the weather in Tampa will be nice for the Gophs!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Gophers! (rah!)
Tell the players that the Final Five doesn't matter. Yes the National championship is what every team wants but to say the Broadmoor doesn't matter is absurd.

Congrats on the win last night. The better team won no doubt. Good luck with BC. They are loaded but if the Gophers play like they did this past weekend anything can happen.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:25 PM
  #177
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Oilers Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philly in April 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 5,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
Took long enough, but we are back to Gopher Hockey. Hardware and the frozen four.
Two words for you, my friend - Mike Guentzel

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:30 PM
  #178
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Two words for you, my friend - Mike Guentzel
And 2 more-no Hill

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:10 AM
  #179
MN_Gopher
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mpls
Posts: 3,357
vCash: 500
Well, it is not the end any wanted. You get two games away and it never feels good. Looking back, regular season title, final four and young talent. Season success.

We were just off against BC. Even if we were on we would have needed a lot of luck. BC is clicking and they are good team even when not in full stride.

Next year is not filled with imagination, the expectations are there. Build from this year.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:07 AM
  #180
MN_Gopher
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mpls
Posts: 3,357
vCash: 500
The waiting game.

Who leaves?

I bet every man in the D corp has to working their butts off. 6 returning starters and Reilly and Skjei coming in. Not alot of time for 8 guys. Good problem to have.

Will it be Bjugstad- Buddish- Rau again?
Haula- Buddish- Rau
Haula- Rau- Condon
Or Rau- Condon- Warning/Ambroz?

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:40 PM
  #181
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,962
vCash: 500
Nick Bjugstad returns his junior year and a Sioux fan has to report it here. Come on guys you are slacking.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:47 PM
  #182
MN_Gopher
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mpls
Posts: 3,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Nick Bjugstad returns his junior year and a Sioux fan has to report it here. Come on guys you are slacking.

Its national championship or bust at this point.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 08:13 PM
  #183
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
Its national championship or bust at this point.
Isn't that the goal every season for the top schools?

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:47 AM
  #184
MN_Gopher
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mpls
Posts: 3,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Isn't that the goal every season for the top schools?
A yearly goal for me would be the frozen four. Win hardwear in the WCHA. I would call last year success full.

This year with everyone back. I expect us to win the whole thing. We were close last year and now you top line is back, your blue line is back,

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 12:29 PM
  #185
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
A yearly goal for me would be the frozen four. Win hardwear in the WCHA. I would call last year success full.

This year with everyone back. I expect us to win the whole thing. We were close last year and now you top line is back, your blue line is back,
Oh I agree but the one thing you forgot is they have an unproven goalie. That's kind of a big deal but with that said they will be the team to beat in the WCHA.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 01:12 PM
  #186
MN_Gopher
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mpls
Posts: 3,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Oh I agree but the one thing you forgot is they have an unproven goalie. That's kind of a big deal but with that said they will be the team to beat in the WCHA.
Two unprovens. We did average 3.6 goals a game. No reason that number shouldn't go up.

Reading the panthers board Bjugstad may have just surpassed Huberdeau as their #1 prospect. Hubs played well but Bjugstad just took it at the prospect camp.

The top line gave the NCAA fits last year. A year older, bigger, heathier.

The second line features our top scorer. Condon came on real strong and Warning looks to turn a big corner.

3rd/4th: Boyd and Serratore played very well last year. Few points but played their role perfectly. Ambroz should have grown into his body and I see him with a very solid year/ or he is done IMO. Issackson looked good just sat when the team took off and chemistry was important. Reilly x2 both played well in he BCHL and are very mature freshmen. Conor will play more. Michalson if there was ever anyone who had something to prove he is the guy. A potential 1st early 2nd to falling off the map. Horn is almost the odd man out and i am sure he does not like that. He has the work ethic to make some noise.

On D

Schmidt was the leading PP assist man in the NCAA i think.
Helgeson is a 4th year. Good at clearing the crease.
Parenteau was solid
Alt is on the verge of really taking off. Hope fully he lets Guentzel work his magic.
Holl and Marshall have guys breathing down their necks and they know it.
Skjei is a smooth skating big boy.
Reilly in the BCHL put up simular numbers to Laleggia.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 02:06 PM
  #187
651*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Capital of MN 651
Country: United States
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Nick Bjugstad returns his junior year and a Sioux fan has to report it here. Come on guys you are slacking.
Gophers fans are fairweather to an extent. I know I am. My allegiance is much more to Herb Brooks' legacy than anything since I was born less than a mile from his house and wore the same jersey, although I did play hockey with a kid from my HS/neighborhood who was one of the best defensemen in MNHS history and went on to play for the Gophs. I also played with someone who was a Husky and have a family member who captained the Huskies so my allegiance is split.

That said, the Wild news this offseason has been nothing short of crazy so we have been rambling about that for quite some time.


Last edited by 651*: 07-16-2012 at 04:13 PM.
651* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:47 PM
  #188
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
Two unprovens. We did average 3.6 goals a game. No reason that number shouldn't go up.

Reading the panthers board Bjugstad may have just surpassed Huberdeau as their #1 prospect. Hubs played well but Bjugstad just took it at the prospect camp.

The top line gave the NCAA fits last year. A year older, bigger, heathier.

The second line features our top scorer. Condon came on real strong and Warning looks to turn a big corner.

3rd/4th: Boyd and Serratore played very well last year. Few points but played their role perfectly. Ambroz should have grown into his body and I see him with a very solid year/ or he is done IMO. Issackson looked good just sat when the team took off and chemistry was important. Reilly x2 both played well in he BCHL and are very mature freshmen. Conor will play more. Michalson if there was ever anyone who had something to prove he is the guy. A potential 1st early 2nd to falling off the map. Horn is almost the odd man out and i am sure he does not like that. He has the work ethic to make some noise.

On D

Schmidt was the leading PP assist man in the NCAA i think.
Helgeson is a 4th year. Good at clearing the crease.
Parenteau was solid
Alt is on the verge of really taking off. Hope fully he lets Guentzel work his magic.
Holl and Marshall have guys breathing down their necks and they know it.
Skjei is a smooth skating big boy.
Reilly in the BCHL put up simular numbers to Laleggia.
And of course as we all know injuries can make all good things a hell of alot more difficult. As a Sioux fan last year was a perfect example.The good thing with that is about 4 guys got more ice time than they would of otherwise which of course will help them this coming season.

Again with that said I understand your optimism. They are going to be salty.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:01 PM
  #189
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,962
vCash: 500
Scratch Haula off the list of being a potential captain.
http://www.startribune.com/local/164004976.html?refer=y

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 01:47 PM
  #190
MN_Gopher
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mpls
Posts: 3,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota sioux View Post
scratch haula off the list of being a potential captain.
http://www.startribune.com/local/164004976.html?refer=y
free to pee! Free to pee! Free to pee.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 01:04 PM
  #191
MN_Gopher
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mpls
Posts: 3,357
vCash: 500
Down goes Connor. That hurt. I was hoping he could play a solid 3rd line role.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 10:38 AM
  #192
Kane One
HFB Partner
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,188
vCash: 823
Tonight is going to be the first NCAA hockey game I ever watched.

I'm pumped.

__________________
Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 02:38 PM
  #193
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Oilers Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philly in April 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 5,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
Down goes Connor. That hurt. I was hoping he could play a solid 3rd line role.
Well it isn't like the Gophers don't have anyone else that he can step in.

BTW, looking forward to watching the team this year. Even with some ??? in goal, the Gophers are going to be very good....barring a rash of injuries of course. Gotta love the fact that Bjugstad is back in the maroon and gold this year. Can you say 'Hobey candidate'?

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 10:45 PM
  #194
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,962
vCash: 500
Gophers are good. They are real good. Making Michigan State look like a D3 team.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 11:31 PM
  #195
Ovechkid08
Registered User
 
Ovechkid08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,033
vCash: 500
Should be a great year for the Gophers! Rau is a treat to watch and our defense is solid throughout, reminiscent of the early 00's corps. Shibrowski is quite good IMO and should provide some stability from the net, kid knows how to make the big saves even when he hasn't seen action for a while, something the team lacked for a while at the goaltending position. Team definitely is built as a contender, consistency out of Bjugstad this year as well should put them in pretty elite position in the NCAA.

Ovechkid08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 09:17 AM
  #196
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,514
vCash: 500
I watched the game on TheScore on Saturday night and caught part of one that was on Sunday morning. I could seriously watch more college hockey if the NHL isn't back soon. That game was exciting as hell for me (especially since I have a soft spot for any Minnesota team).

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 09:56 PM
  #197
FreshNsoClean
Skater turned Goalie
 
FreshNsoClean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
I watched the game on TheScore on Saturday night and caught part of one that was on Sunday morning. I could seriously watch more college hockey if the NHL isn't back soon. That game was exciting as hell for me (especially since I have a soft spot for any Minnesota team).
I agree. A lot better than this KHL crap that's been on ESPN. I've feel asleep twice watching it. Think I'm going to get tickets to the next home game.

FreshNsoClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 08:35 PM
  #198
651*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Capital of MN 651
Country: United States
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
Gophers are rated #1 in the NCAA right now? They got it right?

MTU beating them 5-2 after two periods.

651* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 09:14 PM
  #199
FreshNsoClean
Skater turned Goalie
 
FreshNsoClean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Yeah everyone is a little confused right now man.

FreshNsoClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 11:19 PM
  #200
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 651 View Post
Gophers are rated #1 in the NCAA right now? They got it right?

MTU beating them 5-2 after two periods.
5-3 final. Tech has a nice team and took it to the gophs. I really think they get home ice this year and have a great chance of making the big tourney. Gophs D looked lost tonight,probably because they didn't have to play any last weekend.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.