HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ron Hainsey and the letdown years.

Old
10-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Uber Coca

vCash: 500
Ron Hainsey and the letdown years.

Hey,

I'm finding quite funny to see so much of Ron Hainsey on television during the lockout. He was one of my favorite prospects some years ago (Ron Hainsey was my nickname), but he never showed he could play in the NHL until getting claimed by Columbus in 2005.

It got me thinking how much we liked and overrated the prospects during those years (2002 - 2006). An other good example would be Duncan Milroy or Jozef Balej. Some did pretty well, but we mostly drafted poorly.

Flashback thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ight=prospects

Which prospects did you overrate the most?

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Clumsyhab

5 years from now, we will see another thread like this one about our current prospects.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
5 years from now, we will see another thread like this one about our current prospects.
Only one? Odds are a few prospects will bust, it happens.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
David Fischer used to be my favourite prospect.

**** me.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Damn flashback yeah... but hum, back in the time, I thought that Jonathan Ferland could become a physical scoring forward for the Habs, oh well...

And I still continue to think that Perezhogin was way misused, could have become a skilled 2-way forward for us.

Vasculio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post

And I still continue to think that Perezhogin was way misused, could have become a skilled 2-way forward for us.
He was very good with Bonk and Johnson on our 3rd line.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Odelein24

Quote:

I still think about that too, I remember him on the 3rd line with Radek Bonk and Mike Johnson when Carbo was coaching.

Odelein24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
No. I mean, some prospects will fail and some will not, but I don't think we can be as much unsuccessful as those years. We already have Price, Subban and Pacioretty having great impacts of this team and, for as long as I can remember, we can actually count on who we draft to go forward with this team. I started watching the Canadiens 12 or 13 years ago, and I can honestly say that this prospect group and young players are way ahead of what we had back than.

Plekanec is the only exception I can think of from a early round draft.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 10:54 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odelein24 View Post
I still think about that too, I remember him on the 3rd line with Radek Bonk and Mike Johnson when Carbo was coaching.
They should of went with a kid line of Perez, Higgins, Pleks. Talk about some speedy players.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Hey,

I'm finding quite funny to see so much of Ron Hainsey on television during the lockout. He was one of my favorite prospects some years ago (Ron Hainsey was my nickname), but he never showed he could play in the NHL until getting claimed by Columbus in 2005.

It got me thinking how much we liked and overrated the prospects during those years (2002 - 2006). An other good example would be Duncan Milroy or Jozef Balej. Some did pretty well, but we mostly drafted poorly.

Hainsey was a drinker and party animal, the patriarchal Habs organization wouldn't tolerate it. Like others before him he was lost because he embarassed the family. At times he was a relatively productive player worthy of keeping.

The list of players lost due to this mentality is staggering, it is my greatest hope that the Geoff Molson/Marc Bergevin combination reprograms the organization.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Taupy

Quote:
He was very good with Bonk and Johnson on our 3rd line.
Perezhogin was on our first line when he started as a rookie in the 2005-2006 season. He had 7 points in his first 7 games until Zednik came back and Perezhogin was then dropped to the 3rd-4th line and didn't produce anymore.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 12:01 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Damn flashback yeah... but hum, back in the time, I thought that Jonathan Ferland could become a physical scoring forward for the Habs, oh well...

Seeing Perezhogins name brings back my carbo hate. Putting your speedy offensive weapon on a checking line with grinders

Does not suprise me that idiot couldn't get another job coaching.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 12:49 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Hey,

Ive some probs to see Hainsey's face as much in those negos as well.. The guy never showed any willingness to improve on his weakness when he was a Habs, I recall him complaining about the taxes of his future salary more than for a guy who showed any charactere to become a Pro.. Personally I cant stand his cocky face, a guy who never showed any respect to the org. or the vets playing for the Habs at that time, I recall Quintal almost skaking his head in interview when talking about Hainsey..

He is lucky to make so much money, trashers overpaid big time for that guy not good enough to handle a PP and too soft not reliable enough to play on your PK.. I wouldnt him back for free.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 12:58 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Hainsey was a drinker and party animal, the patriarchal Habs organization wouldn't tolerate it. Like others before him he was lost because he embarassed the family. At times he was a relatively productive player worthy of keeping.

The list of players lost due to this mentality is staggering, it is my greatest hope that the Geoff Molson/Marc Bergevin combination reprograms the organization.
False, Hainsey has been traded cause he didnt showed any progression in his play, wasnt commited to work hard enough to become a real Pro.. Tipical case of someone thinking he will have it easy thinking his skills alone will be enough to succeed.. I remember Therrien using Traverse over Hainsey on the PP and I think it was saying all.. Therrien had 0 trust in this kid, you never want to reward a kid that lazy and disrespectful..

Old
10-20-2012, 02:38 AM
Mr. Hab

Kyle Chipchura...

I was really really hoping he would turn out to be a poor man's Bob Gainey for us. Really.

I was expecting Chip to be a Brian Skrudland type for us...team player, playoffs player,etc. Solid 3rd line center for us...lots of character, leadership, willing to do everything for our Habs, captain material,etc...

I still hope he does well...just wish it was with our Habs.
Time to let it go! (the Chipchura dream).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 04:05 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Seeing Perezhogins name brings back my carbo hate. Putting your speedy offensive weapon on a checking line with grinders

Does not suprise me that idiot couldn't get another job coaching.

Julien did not do much better. Perez was on fire with Saku and Kovy on the first line for several games and then he put him on the third line and it was all over for him.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 05:51 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
False, Hainsey has been traded cause he didnt showed any progression in his play, wasnt commited to work hard enough to become a real Pro.. Tipical case of someone thinking he will have it easy thinking his skills alone will be enough to succeed.. I remember Therrien using Traverse over Hainsey on the PP and I think it was saying all.. Therrien had 0 trust in this kid, you never want to reward a kid that lazy and disrespectful..
The Habs didn't trade Hainsey.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 10:17 AM
MJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Kyle Chipchura...

I was really really hoping he would turn out to be a poor man's Bob Gainey for us. Really.

I was expecting Chip to be a Brian Skrudland type for us...team player, playoffs player,etc. Solid 3rd line center for us...lots of character, leadership, willing to do everything for our Habs, captain material,etc...

I still hope he does well...just wish it was with our Habs.
Time to let it go! (the Chipchura dream).
Pretty sure he was something very close to what you described with Phoenix last year.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Frankc

Quote:

Hainsey never been traded. He was claimed in 2005 by Columbus... Habs called up Hainsey but he had to clear waivers first and Columbus took him.

Frankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 02:08 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankc View Post
Hainsey never been traded. He was claimed in 2005 by Columbus... Habs called up Hainsey but he had to clear waivers first and Columbus took him.
Yeah but I think its fair to say the Habs gave up on him and didnt cry much when they lost him to waiver..

Old
10-20-2012, 02:55 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yeah but I think its fair to say the Habs gave up on him and didnt cry much when they lost him to waiver..
And we're still not crying about it. Useful player but not worth the contract and just not a winner. 0 Playoff games in his name and I'd bet he took a few dollars extra last contract instead of playing where he can actually play to win.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 12:05 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taupy View Post
Perezhogin was on our first line when he started as a rookie in the 2005-2006 season. He had 7 points in his first 7 games until Zednik came back and Perezhogin was then dropped to the 3rd-4th line and didn't produce anymore.
Perez roofed a killer breakaway goal on a great pass from Kovy at Madison square, game 2 I think. Showed huge speed and skill. In that game, Pleks also made an incredible downslot pass to Higgy, who undressed Henrik and scored. I thought the future looked bright after that game. I was wrong.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 09:16 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
Pretty sure he was something very close to what you described with Phoenix last year.
Chipchura...you're probably right or remove probably!...but didn't have the chance to watch a lof of Chip last year.

Anyways...maybe some here wouldn't mind seeing him in a Hab jersey?

Prust/Moen/Armstrong - Chipchura - White

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Chipchura was doing great for the habs, then he randomly got sent down. After that he wasn't the same. He actually had a scoring touch, was winning faceoffs and playing well defensively.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
I'd say not really... he had some moments there, mostly I only saw the playoff run, though. Still sort of looked like a 4th liner on a good string, but that's nothing like Skrudland nor what I wanted/expected from Chipchura either. He flashed bits of that for us, and for Anaheim when he first went there, but still hasn't been able to step up from that consistently. I'm totally with Mr. Hab on the choice though, Chipchura has probably been my favourite prospect of the past decade, and in the running with Terry Ryan for favourite, ever.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote