HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[PS3] GM Connected League for NHL 13: Lots of open spots

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2012, 10:18 PM
DyerMaker66

vCash: 500
Tampa, Florida, St. Louis, or Toronto: Wanna play?

Old
10-17-2012, 07:30 AM
boileroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyerMaker66 View Post
Tampa, Florida, St. Louis, or Toronto: Wanna play?
Florida don't have a GM? I'm Tampa and I'd love to play. I can be on pretty much anytime today up to about 9pm eastern, and tomorrow anytime at all right up to when its simmed. Send me a message on here and add boileroo on psn to sort it!

Old
10-17-2012, 02:46 PM
87isgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by boileroo View Post
It's stupid stuff like this that is making this league way less fun than it could be. NYC_RANGERS_94, why bother man? I've said it like 50 times before now, if you want toy play the computer then just play an offline gm mode game! What's the point playing an online mode with other people when you just ignore their attempts to plays the games?!
I'm pretty sure he's playing eashl Isee his name a decent amount..just my 2 cents..Iwanted to be in the league but had 2 back out cause of my commitments to eashl n vghl just too much time to add another 1. But Istill follow u guys alil cause it sounds like a lot of fun. What happened to floridas gm? I thought u had a replacement when we talked ogre awile back? I'm really sorry if Imessed it up 4 u guys ilast time Ichecked someone else was penciled in.

Old
10-17-2012, 03:42 PM
boileroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87isgod View Post
I'm pretty sure he's playing eashl Isee his name a decent amount..just my 2 cents..Iwanted to be in the league but had 2 back out cause of my commitments to eashl n vghl just too much time to add another 1. But Istill follow u guys alil cause it sounds like a lot of fun. What happened to floridas gm? I thought u had a replacement when we talked ogre awile back? I'm really sorry if Imessed it up 4 u guys ilast time Ichecked someone else was penciled in.
I think the point was that he was online, and ignored messages he was sent and just played the games anyway! And dw bout not being involved, there's at least 10 teams without a gm, and only a handful of people playing regularly it seems.

Speaking of which, Tumudorr, shrimper, you wanna go?

Old
10-18-2012, 01:28 PM
boileroo

Dallas, Philly, Winnipeg you wanna play?

Old
10-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Letangoed

hey Ogre just message me tonight to play the game we have.

also if Blues or Colorado exist too i would like to play.

Old
10-19-2012, 03:31 PM
boileroo

Loads of games to play this block! san Jose, NYI, NYR, Carolina, Toronto I'll be available all weekend, just post on here or pm me to sort out a game time!

Old
10-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Joe McGrath

Any open spots?

Old
10-19-2012, 06:45 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

ready to ply

and make some trades, b4 deadline.

Old
10-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Loads of games to play this block! san Jose, NYI, NYR, Carolina, Toronto I'll be available all weekend, just post on here or pm me to sort out a game time!
I'll play you in the next hour or so if you want. otherwise anytime after 6 tomorrow or anytime at all sunday. just let me know.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:36 AM
boileroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I'll play you in the next hour or so if you want. otherwise anytime after 6 tomorrow or anytime at all sunday. just let me know.
Sorry I was asleep! 6pm which time zone? 6pm eastern would be cool with me, if not Sunday sounds good!

Old
10-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Sorry I was asleep! 6pm which time zone? 6pm eastern would be cool with me, if not Sunday sounds good!
Ya eastern time zone. I'll let you know when I'm home and settled in today. Its the end of my first week at my new job, so apparently the wife wants to go out to dinner to celebrate after so we might need to play a bit later or just wait util tomorrow. I'll let you know.

ps: working 6 days a week sucks.

Old
10-20-2012, 08:02 AM
boileroo

Quote:
Ya eastern time zone. I'll let you know when I'm home and settled in today. Its the end of my first week at my new job, so apparently the wife wants to go out to dinner to celebrate after so we might need to play a bit later or just wait util tomorrow. I'll let you know.

ps: working 6 days a week sucks.
Congrats on the new job! I'm easy this weekend so whenever you're free

Old
10-20-2012, 11:12 AM
eXile59
Shirts on.

There are still teams available for a GM connected league? I would love to have a team. My brother & me play a lot.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:15 AM
boileroo

there a quite a few spots still open if you're prepared to commit to playing quite a few games a week. I think we do 2 weeks per week if that makes sense? We move the schedule on thursday and sunday nights, with normally about 5-6 games per block. so approx 10 a week say

Old
10-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

We do 4 weeks in game per real week. 2 week blocks M-TH and F-Sun. League name is HFPens Board i believe. send an invite request and let me know what your PSN name is. If you wait until sometime tomorrow I'm going to go kick some owners who haven't been active at all so you'll have more teams to pick from.

PS. If you haven't been active, give me a reason not to kick you tomorrow. I'm talking about the people who haven't even switched their team to CPU control and who have simply not been playing any games. As long as we can play games against your team, you won't be kicked tomorrow.

Old
10-21-2012, 06:27 AM
boileroo

Quote:
We do 4 weeks in game per real week. 2 week blocks M-TH and F-Sun. League name is HFPens Board i believe. send an invite request and let me know what your PSN name is. If you wait until sometime tomorrow I'm going to go kick some owners who haven't been active at all so you'll have more teams to pick from.

PS. If you haven't been active, give me a reason not to kick you tomorrow. I'm talking about the people who haven't even switched their team to CPU control and who have simply not been playing any games. As long as we can play games against your team, you won't be kicked tomorrow.
Top idea, should hopefully make the league a bit more active! We still good for our game later? Looking forward to our top-of-the-table clash!

NYI, Toronto, Carolina, lets get our games done if possible too?

Old
10-21-2012, 08:21 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Top idea, should hopefully make the league a bit more active! We still good for our game later? Looking forward to our top-of-the-table clash!

ya I'll let you know when. I need to go grocery shopping and run some errands but I should be good to go by early afternoon. I'll let you know.

PS: I'm going to bump the trading block thread. this one is about full. lets take talks over to the other one.

Old
10-22-2012, 01:19 AM
Bishop7979

Quote:

I'm carolina, I had my router blow up about a week into the season and had been fighting with my provider to replace it for a bit. ive been using my cell phone hotspot to keep up with trades and roster moves but its too slow to play actual games with.... But i told that provider to eff off and went with someone else. they'll have me set up for high speed internet on tuesday afternoon. I'll be able to start playing actual games again then.

Old
10-22-2012, 07:40 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

lets ply philly

Old
10-23-2012, 09:38 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

handing the reigns over to boileroo. The new job is making this tough to run. I'll still play and whatnot.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:55 AM
boileroo

As per ogres last post I'll be operating as commissioner for the foreseeable future due to his increased commitments to his new job etc (pfffft real world :p )

I shall be forwarding the league on Monday and Friday mornings UK GMT, so effectively very late Sunday/Thursday nights for you folks in the US, so you shouldn't notice a change. It just happens that I am free on Monday and Friday mornings as far as my university timetable goes so should be able to do it with a good level of reliability. I think that using Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for arranging and playing user vs user games, and then Thursday for CPUing what's left would work well?

Something ogre mentioned was removing inactive players from the league. How would people feel about this? My own experience is that there are a few teams who I don't think are particularly active anymore (Anaheim, phili, Toronto, for example - apologies if I'm wrong here, just some quick names off the top of my head) and that the league would be much better for having fewer, more active members, to increase the competitions and rivalries between the remaining teams.

My first thought was to undergo a kind of 'mid season rollcall' to determine who is still involved, and remove anyone who doesn't reply in say the next week one 2. Alternatively, I could say that if you find someone doesn't ever respond to PMs, psn messages, add requests etc then let me know, and if it seems that this person is never playing there games then I can kick them.

Or I can leave it as is and you can tell me to shut up!

Final point, the end of this block is the trade deadline, so I will leave it open till Sunday night, and we will progress as normal from there. This should hopefully encourage you to make some blockbusters! Speaking of which, I am STILL shopping lecavalier.....?

Old
10-23-2012, 12:06 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
We are closing in on the limit here... Ogre can you get the new thread up?

Closed Thread