HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Lake Erie Monsters @ OKC Barons Saturday 10/20 6PM MDT

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Lake Erie Monsters @ OKC Barons Saturday 10/20 6PM MDT

@
MONSTERS: 2-1-0 VS BARONS: 2-1-0

Game InfoGame Day: Saturday October 20th 2012
Game Time: 6:00PM MDT
Radio:
PPV AHL Neulion

LineupsBARONS:
Hartikainen #10-Nugent-Hopkins #18-Eberle #7
Paajarvi #19-Vande Velde #29-Pelss #23
Anti Tyrvainen #14-Lander #16-Pitlick #9
Hamilton #13-Martindale #17-Byers #34

Marincin #28-J. Schultz #5
Fedun #27-Plante #4
Davidson #3-Teubert #33

Roy #31
Danis #35

Scratches:

Healthy: C Arcobello #26, C House #21, D Ringwald #6, W Abney #36

Injured: Green #12 (Sore Ribs)

MONSTERS:
TBD
Roster

Who to watch?BARONS TO WATCH: Justin Schultz at the end of his game Friday night was the AHL's top scoring defenseman with 5 points, the AHL's 4th leading scorer, the AHL's top rookie scorer, and tied for 2nd in league +/- with a +5 rating. The leagues leader in +/-? His d partner Martin Marincin at +6. The Barons top line of Hartikainen-RNH-Eberle broke out for 5 points on Friday, expect them to carry the mail tomorrow as well.

MONSTERS TO WATCH:Tyson Barrie has a pair of goals to his name this season and both were highlight reel tallies, he also leads the Monsters in +/- with a +3 rating. The Monsters hot goaltending tandem of Sami Aittokallio (1gp. 0.967sv% and 1.00 GAA) and Calvin Pickard (2gp. 0.958 sv% and 1.51 GAA) stands between the Barons and back to back wins.

Since this quote is still very applicable from the last time that these clubs played....

Quotable"He's worth the hype, Dan, I'll tell you that." -Barons head coach Todd Nelson on defenseman Justin Schultz

Team Comparison
 BaronsMonsters
Points44
Wins22
Power Play %6.720.0
Penalty Kill %88.296.2

Team Leaders
BaronsMonsters
GOALS: Schultz (3)Barrie (2)
ASSISTS:4 Players Tied With (2)Pock (3)
+/-: Marincin (+6)Barrie (+3)

Today's Videos

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 10-20-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old
10-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

I'll keep this locked for now, I just wanted to get it ready.

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 10-20-2012 at 04:02 AM.
Old
10-20-2012, 04:03 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

This thread is now open for business. Game 1 of another 2 game set with Lake Erie. These will be the last 2 regular season meetings between the 2 clubs.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:12 AM
Baronsfan

I look for Lander to draw back in tonight for the dinged up Green.

Hopefully Davidson draws back in for Ringwald.

I don't really want to change anymore after that, because the line-up OKC iced last night looked pretty dominant, so I hope they'll stay much the same. Maybe Martindale drawing in for House? Coach confirmed last night that Olivier Roy will get the start in goal tonight.

Given that Green was on the wing, and Lander will draw in at C, it'll be interesting to see what changes he has to make to the combinations. I'd actually like to see something like...
Hartikainen-RNH-Eberle
Paajarvi-Vande Velde-Pitlick
Tyrvainen-Lander-Arcobello
Hamilton-House-Byers

If Martindale did draw in for House, then I wouldn't be against having him C the 2nd line and Vandy the 4th line C as that seems to be the role he plays best.
Total shot in the dark, and it will likely look nothing like this. I'm just hoping to see Lander and Tyrvainen on the same line tonight.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:27 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsfan View Post
I look for Lander to draw back in tonight for the dinged up Green.

Hopefully Davidson draws back in for Ringwald.

I don't really want to change anymore after that, because the line-up OKC iced last night looked pretty dominant, so I hope they'll stay much the same. Maybe Martindale drawing in for House? Coach confirmed last night that Olivier Roy will get the start in goal tonight.

Given that Green was on the wing, and Lander will draw in at C, it'll be interesting to see what changes he has to make to the combinations. I'd actually like to see something like...
Hartikainen-RNH-Eberle
Paajarvi-Vande Velde-Pitlick
Tyrvainen-Lander-Arcobello
Hamilton-House-Byers

If Martindale did draw in for House, then I wouldn't be against having him C the 2nd line and Vandy the 4th line C as that seems to be the role he plays best.
Total shot in the dark, and it will likely look nothing like this. I'm just hoping to see Lander and Tyrvainen on the same line tonight.
I would like to see Pelss draw in for Green just to see what he could do with players like Ebs and Nuge.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:39 AM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I would like to see Pelss draw in for Green just to see what he could do with players like Ebs and Nuge.
I actually wouldn't be surpised to see all them draw in. Lander, Martindale, Pelss in. Green, House, and Hamilton out.

Pelss is definitely a workhorse. You know what compete level you will get out of him every night, no matter where he gets plugged in the line up.

Old
10-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Pelss similar to Liam Reddox maybe ?

Old
10-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Baronsfan

Sweet, got my wish. A blogger on the Barons just posted the lines at practice today. He said the scratches tonight are House, Ringwald, Abney, Arcobello, and Green.

Hall-Nuge-Ebs
Arcobello-Vande Velde-Pelss
Tyrvainen-Lander-Pitlick
Hamilton-Martindale-Byers

Hartikainen and Paajarvi didn't skate this morning, so insert them two for Hall (obviously) and Arcobello. So top two lines probably look more like..
Hartikainen-Nuge-Ebs
Paajarvi-Vande Velde-Pelss

I'm digging that Tyrvainen-Lander-Pitlick line.

Old
10-20-2012, 02:18 PM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

vCash: 50
So Hall is down there now?

Edit: Yup - http://blog.newsok.com/beat-baldwin/...rrives-in-okc/

Old
10-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

**** yeah, let's go Hall. That first line just isn't fair though...

Old
10-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Cerebral

I hope they keep Hartikainen playing with Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins. He could be a fit long-term if he continues to play with the tenacity he's shown he possesses. As long as he remembers he's not there to be a skill guy, I think he can really compliment those two players. That would open up a lot of possibilities with the big roster if Hartikainen proves he can play on a skill line.

Hartikainen-Nugent-Hopkins-Eberle
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov
Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky

Now we're talking!

Mike Knuble was a big guy with some skill who bounced around the lineup until Boston gave him a shot at the age of 30 with Thornton and Murray. He went on to put up 8 straight 20+ goal seasons. I think Hartikainen can follow a similar trajectory (but hopefully a little earlier in his career) if he's given a prolonged shot to be a complimentary player on a skill line. His board work and ability to get to the puck first could be a huge benefit if he can play that way consistently.

10-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Pelss similar to Liam Reddox maybe ?
Probably more skilled from what little I've seen of Pelss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsfan View Post
Sweet, got my wish. A blogger on the Barons just posted the lines at practice today. He said the scratches tonight are House, Ringwald, Abney, Arcobello, and Green.

Hall-Nuge-Ebs
Arcobello-Vande Velde-Pelss
Tyrvainen-Lander-Pitlick
Hamilton-Martindale-Byers

Hartikainen and Paajarvi didn't skate this morning, so insert them two for Hall (obviously) and Arcobello. So top two lines probably look more like..
Hartikainen-Nuge-Ebs
Paajarvi-Vande Velde-Pelss

I'm digging that Tyrvainen-Lander-Pitlick line.
Arcobello has had a slow start and maybe the guy that gets hurt the most from all of the star talent down here (I supposed Byers on the 4th line might disagree).

Old
10-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Lineup in the OP has been updated thanks to Baronsfan's info.

Old
10-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Riverboat Danglers

If anyone comes across a stream for the game could you please post it. I would love nothing more than some hockey on Saturday Night

Old
10-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
I hope they keep Hartikainen playing with Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins. He could be a fit long-term if he continues to play with the tenacity he's shown he possesses. As long as he remembers he's not there to be a skill guy, I think he can really compliment those two players. That would open up a lot of possibilities with the big roster if Hartikainen proves he can play on a skill line.

Hartikainen-Nugent-Hopkins-Eberle
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov
Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky

Now we're talking!

Mike Knuble was a big guy with some skill who bounced around the lineup until Boston gave him a shot at the age of 30 with Thornton and Murray. He went on to put up 8 straight 20+ goal seasons. I think Hartikainen can follow a similar trajectory (but hopefully a little earlier in his career) if he's given a prolonged shot to be a complimentary player on a skill line. His board work and ability to get to the puck first could be a huge benefit if he can play that way consistently.
The only concern that I have with Harski is that he doesn't have the speed to back up the D. If they can overcome that and he can play hard consistently battling in the trenches he could be a very good compliment to that line. Hell with Schultz on the ice at the same time you have another elite skilled player anyway

Old
10-20-2012, 02:42 PM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

I'm starting to believe that, in the long run, Hartikainen is going to be a better player than MPS. He's not got the shot, but he's got the grit that MPS lacks, and I think that's more important. MPS is great two-way but I don't think Hartikainen isn't decent in his own right in that regard.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge for Nuge View Post
**** yeah, let's go Hall. That first line just isn't fair though...
its almost like the league needs to make a bylaw preventing those three from being on the ice at the same time.

jesus they will rip **** up.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Anyone know what number hall will be?

Old
10-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
I'm starting to believe that, in the long run, Hartikainen is going to be a better player than MPS. He's not got the shot, but he's got the grit that MPS lacks, and I think that's more important. MPS is great two-way but I don't think Hartikainen isn't decent in his own right in that regard.
IMO it's a bit early to proclaim that TBH. Hartikainen is far more inconsistent in terms of compete level, doesn't bring speed or good defensive play, etc. That said unless Paajarvi starts getting some confidence in his offensive game he likely won't be a top 6 guy in the NHL. That said Paajarvi has been very solid defensively 5 on 5, and excellent on the PK. All things considered equal I'd still take Paajarvi between the two. I am not sure if Harski's lack of speed will allow him to be a long term fit on RNH's and Eberle's line at the next level.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
Unless you've heard otherwise he won't be playing tonight. Plante currently wears #4 so I'm not sure what # Hallsy would wear.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:30 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Danglers View Post
If anyone comes across a stream for the game could you please post it. I would love nothing more than some hockey on Saturday Night
firstrowsports.eu or atdhenet.tv

Old
10-20-2012, 03:34 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
different players all together... paajarvi will still likely end up being a reliable 3rd line winger... that's all harty really is either, except he plays with more sand-paper in his game, so would fit into our small top-6 better than a more perimeter player like paajarvi will... i don't think this makes harty the "better player", but rather the player that fits into our top-6 better

Old
10-20-2012, 03:36 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
hall isn't playing until his conditioning stint is over and he comes back to edmonton to get the final okay for contact... his likely timeline for getting into a game is around sometime in early november

Old
10-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Delicious Pancakes

Oh please let those streams work. I'd love to see some AHL hockey tonight. Reading the reports from last game I really think having NHL caliber guys in OKC is gonna help some Oiler prospects.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
hall isn't playing until his conditioning stint is over and he comes back to edmonton to get the final okay for contact... his likely timeline for getting into a game is around sometime in early november
No worries, I noticed, was just curious if that guy snuck a peak at the number in practice for when he does eventually play.

Closed Thread