HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

WJC Squad 2012-13?

Old
10-19-2012, 01:52 PM
sg58

vCash: 500
One thing that might make things a bit more difficult to get the AHL guys is that the tournament is played in Russia.

Niclas Bergfors is another guy that was in the AHL and was released, by the way.

Would be interesting to see Krupic. I was surprised we didn't see Hägg, actually.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 02:31 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
One thing that might make things a bit more difficult to get the AHL guys is that the tournament is played in Russia.

Niclas Bergfors is another guy that was in the AHL and was released, by the way.

Would be interesting to see Krupic. I was surprised we didn't see Hägg, actually.
I can already envision the Oilers letting Nugent-Hopkins go while the Senators stop Zibanejad from going, myself. Imagine the storm around here if that happens..

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 01:57 AM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I can already envision the Oilers letting Nugent-Hopkins go while the Senators stop Zibanejad from going, myself. Imagine the storm around here if that happens..
Haha, yeah. The hate towards Canada and AHL is pretty bad at any point during the year so would be jacked up even worse if that was the case.

If the season is going, it's tough to envision some of the guys getting to go to Russia even if they're in the AHL, since most of them will be first or second call-up.

Lindholm "should" be a gimme either way, one would imagine.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
While I think it should be a standard condition of entry level contract for all junior age players that if their federation wants them for a IIHF tournament they should be released without question.... but just once, just one time I'd love to see the reaction from some "fans" if 7-9 players were not released year after year like Canada. I'd love to see it.

Mr Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
While I think it should be a standard condition of entry level contract for all junior age players that if their federation wants them for a IIHF tournament they should be released without question.... but just once, just one time I'd love to see the reaction from some "fans" if 7-9 players were not released year after year like Canada. I'd love to see it.
I think we only have two eligible playing in the AHL? Zibanejad and Lindholm

Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post
I realize that... I was answering to the poster re: anger over a Canadian player being released and a Swedish player not being released... my point was no country is as impacted by the NHL not releasing players more than Canada. I think all players should be released (but with exceptions).... but I'd like to see a country go ballistic when they have 7-9 junior age players playing in the NHL and not released... like we do every year...then I'll feel some sympathy for you... but 1 or 2 players..come on, hardly worth the aggravation.

Again... I believe all players should be released if their respective federations come calling. but with certain exceptions. Players like Crosby at 18 playing first line 23 minutes per game scoring 1.5 pts per game... there's no point in Pittsburg releasing him at 18... I get that...but all other players.... let em play.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Huffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post
Brodin and Rask as well.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 10:39 AM
joe89

Quote:
I realize that... I was answering to the poster re: anger over a Canadian player being released and a Swedish player not being released... my point was no country is as impacted by the NHL not releasing players more than Canada. I think all players should be released (but with exceptions).... but I'd like to see a country go ballistic when they have 7-9 junior age players playing in the NHL and not released... like we do every year...then I'll feel some sympathy for you... but 1 or 2 players..come on, hardly worth the aggravation.

Again... I believe all players should be released if their respective federations come calling. but with certain exceptions. Players like Crosby at 18 playing first line 23 minutes per game scoring 1.5 pts per game... there's no point in Pittsburg releasing him at 18... I get that...but all other players.... let em play.
That wasn't the point. The point was two Canadian NHL clubs having one star prospect each, one being Canadian, one being Swedish. Highly hypothetical scenario at this point, but it could get messy. We're also talking AHL players, not NHL players. NHL players stopped to go I totally buy and always have.

Sweden won without A.Larsson and Landeskog last year, there were no complaints about them not going. We'll cope with whatever happens this year, too.

Old
10-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
That wasn't the point. The point was two Canadian NHL clubs having one star prospect each, one being Canadian, one being Swedish. Highly hypothetical scenario at this point, but it could get messy. We're also talking AHL players, not NHL players. NHL players stopped to go I totally buy.

Sweden won without A.Larsson and Landeskog last year, there were no complaints about them not going. We'll cope with whatever happens this year, too.
Ahhhhhhhh. I get you. I don't think that would ever happen... but if it did, you would be in your rights to scream. my apologies. )))) lets hope we never see such a scenario. Either both get released or none go. but your point in the original was if RNH gets released (Oilers) but little Z (Sens) does not... I mean. again... you are arguing one team 2 prospects, the Canadian gets released and the Swedish player does not... I'd be royally pissed if I were you.

Old
10-20-2012, 10:47 AM
joe89

Quote:
Ahhhhhhhh. I get you. I don't think that would ever happen... but if it did, you would be in your rights to scream. my apologies. )))) lets hope we never see such a scenario. Either both get released or none go. but your point in the original was if RNH gets released (Oilers) but little Z (Sens) does not... I mean. again... you are arguing one team 2 prospects, the Canadian gets released and the Swedish player does not... I'd be royally pissed if I were you.
Personally I'd probably see some humor in it, I don't really believe in conspiracies like this. But I don't think the average fan would be amused, and hardly the federation either. Because make no mistake, the Swedish media would spin something like this to DEATH.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
Personally I'd probably see some humor in it, I don't really believe in conspiracies like this. But I don't think the average fan would be amused, and hardly the federation either. Because make no mistake, the Swedish media would spin something like this to DEATH.
Speaking of the Swedish media, and I don't mean any offense, or to incite, and maybe you view the Canadian media as equally bias... but I think the Swedish sports media is gutter tabloid driven nonsense. The young player who was encouraged to break the Russian doll before the game... I don't blame the player in that scenario, he was encouraged on by the scrum of media guys around him...I hope those guys were punished in some way....

I only hate the Russian media more. ))) and that's only because I read and speak Russian, so I get a sense of everything which is written about Canada...

Old
10-20-2012, 11:17 AM
joe89

Quote:
Speaking of the Swedish media, and I don't mean any offense, or to incite, and maybe you view the Canadian media as equally bias... but I think the Swedish sports media is gutter tabloid driven nonsense. The young player who was encouraged to break the Russian doll before the game... I don't blame the player in that scenario, he was encouraged on by the scrum of media guys around him...I hope those guys were punished in some way....

I only hate the Russian media more. ))) and that's only because I read and speak Russian, so I get a sense of everything which is written about Canada...
That's because the two biggest papers in Sweden are just that. And they always scream the loudest. Yeah, they'll get you covered but you'll also have to eat all the sensationalistic crap they spew. But if you take a tsn.ca equivalent like hockeysverige.se, than you'll get just fine, proper, journalism.

Quote:
Oh and I meant to ask... was there any resolution to the Taping of Practice at the recent IIHF congress in Japan? Swedish Ice hockey Federation promised to raise the issue at the congress as a result of Canada not allowing it at the Ivan Hlinka. Did you hear anything about it there?

thanks for the website. I'll take a peek during the U20 at xmas time.
Haven't heard anything about it.

Last edited by joe89: 10-20-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old
10-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
Oh and I meant to ask... was there any resolution to the Taping of Practice at the recent IIHF congress in Japan? Swedish Ice hockey Federation promised to raise the issue at the congress as a result of Canada not allowing it at the Ivan Hlinka. Did you hear anything about it there?

thanks for the website. I'll take a peek during the U20 at xmas time.

Old
10-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
If we're still in a lockout I imagine the Sens would make Z available. There's a log jam in Bingo and I don't think they'd have an issue opening up a spot for a couple weeks while Z plays for his country.

Without a lockout? Tough call, I think he could be on the brink of a top 6 spot as the season moves forward, in Ottawa. Production hasn't been there in the AHL for Z through 3, but he's looked as though he's unarguably the best prospect down there and the teams most talented forward by a margin. He's been beastly at times.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 01:36 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
If we're still in a lockout I imagine the Sens would make Z available. There's a log jam in Bingo and I don't think they'd have an issue opening up a spot for a couple weeks while Z plays for his country.

Without a lockout? Tough call, I think he could be on the brink of a top 6 spot as the season moves forward, in Ottawa. Production hasn't been there in the AHL for Z through 3, but he's looked as though he's unarguably the best prospect down there and the teams most talented forward by a margin. He's been beastly at times.
If the lockout is blown off I don't expect to see him. But I really do hope with a lockout that all teams can be a little "generous", so we get to see all players compete. We're only talking about 8 guys in total, and they all play on different teams so there'll be no holes in question. One of the very few upsides in this mess.

Old
10-22-2012, 06:34 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Roster for sundsvall:

Lassinantti
Lundström

Djoos
Djuse
J.Pettersson
Wikstrand
Byström
Arnesson
Nilsson

Wennberg
Boyce
Collberg
Arvidsson
Forsberg
Karlsson
Burakovsky
Sandberg
Åberg
Görtz
de la Rose
Molin
lindholm

Last edited by Hockeyfrilla: 10-22-2012 at 06:40 AM.
Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 06:38 AM
Huffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Roster for sundsvall:

Lassinantti
Lundström

Djoos
Djuse
J.Pettersson
Wikstrand
Byström
Arnesson
Nilsson

Wennberg
Boyce
Collberg
Arvidsson
Forsberg
Karlsson
Burakovsky
Sandberg
Åberg
Görtz
de la Rose
Molin
Lindholm
Not a whole lot of surprises, the only "big" names missing that I can think of are Emil Lundberg and Joachim Nermark. Their chances of making the team should be very slim now. The D will look a lot different if there is still a lockout but Emil Djuse got a well deserved spot on this team, he has played well this season.

Last edited by Huffman: 10-22-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old
10-22-2012, 06:49 AM
joe89

So basically Nyström and Lundberg are some of the early cuts.
J.Pettersson over Calle Andersson is a bit interesting.
Djuse deserves the chance.

But as a whole not much to say about it.

Åberg-Karlsson-Forsberg
Collberg-Lindholm-Arvidsson
Wennberg-Molin-Burakovsky
de la Rose-Boyce-Görtz
Sandberg

Last edited by joe89: 10-22-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Old
10-22-2012, 07:12 AM
Hockeyfrilla

oh boy is that defense small, where is Nielsen, C.Andersson ??

Old
10-22-2012, 07:16 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
oh boy is that defense small, where is Nielsen, C.Andersson ??
Big ice tactic? This squad is a lot smaller than a U20 squad usually is though. In fact the U18 squad named for Ann Arbor is bigger!

Old
10-22-2012, 07:22 AM
Huffman

Yeah, this team needs size and mobility on D. Klefbom, Brodin and Lindholm would dramatically lessen that need.

Old
10-22-2012, 07:33 AM
joe89

10 of the players play in Allsvenskan btw. Further proves why it's such a good league for youngsters.

Old
10-22-2012, 07:35 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

my updated lines.

Filip Forsberg - Elias Lindholm - Mika Zibanejad
Sebastian Collberg - Victor Rask - Rickard Rakell
Pontus Åberg - William Karlsson - Viktor Arvidsson
Alexander Wennerberg - Jeremey Boyce - Jacob de la Rose

Jonas Brodin - Oscar Klefbom
Hampus Lindholm - Mikael Wikstrand
Tom Nilsson - Ludvig Byström/Christan Djoos (shutdown)

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Hockeyfrilla

http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/...jvm-skrallarna

Old
10-24-2012, 03:37 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo