HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Flyers Xbox 360 GM Connected League [Round One Of Playoffs] [Part Four]

Old
10-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Gibbs18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHavok View Post
Ill be on tonight(San Jose) have 4 remaining games against Minnesota, Calgary, Nashville, and Columbus.
Ill be on in a little.

Gibbs18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Just a minute to drop a quick line...

1. Devils, feel free to play my team. I'm out of the playoffs, and your competing against inactive teams, so I don't see a huge advantage.

2. I'm in favor of somehow opening the "open" teams up to existing active players at the end of the season, e.g., allowing teams that miss the playoffs or had their 4th or 5th choice the chance to take over a better team if they prefer. But we have time to figure that out.

For the playoffs, I don't know. I would be open to dropping the Islanders for the round and playing games, if the only alternative is handing the team over to an new player out of nowhere. I don't know if that makes any sense--it would allow the teams to be playable, but it probably means the team I'm paired against advances (unless I have Pittsburgh--then I think I'd have a decent chance at getting out of round 1.) Neither scenario seems particularly fair.

Perhaps we need to push the activity requirements up a bit--e.g., you must be active on HF as well as your games. The two seem to go hand in hand.

Anyway. Sorry I couldn't get the last two games in. I'll be back Sunday, so if I need to do anything, someone drop me a PM.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

vCash: 50
At first I thought it would be good to let active GMs (who'll miss the playoffs) switch teams to inactive playoff teams, but now I'm not 100% keen on the idea.

1. It's going to be a lot harder to find new people who are willing to take bottom teams than good teams.*
2. Some GMs have made a ton of trades with their team so they should have to stick with their decisions and not just get to have a new team.
3. People might fight over which playoff teams they want/some people might not be allowed to switch teams (which might anger some people and depending on their attitude they might rage quit the league).

*but then again, why should a newbie have first dibs on a very good team over someone who has been active since the start.

An obvious solution for now would be to allow any non-playoff teams to TEMPORARILY take over playoff teams, then after the playoffs we can decide if we allow permanent switches.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
An obvious solution for now would be to allow any non-playoff teams to TEMPORARILY take over playoff teams, then after the playoffs we can decide if we allow permanent switches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
I have a few possible replacements and if worst comes to worst we can have non-playoff GM's take over the inactive teams just for the playoffs.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

I'm not too thrilled about letting new guys take over playoff teams. It's like an NHL team not playing games all season long, then they get a free pass into the playoffs.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:48 PM
McNasty

Chicago or Columbus available?

McNasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 09:12 PM
CootaRoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yideboit View Post
I mean .. He did bring it out .. But was blatant clock draining going on particularly in 3rd with circle backs and taking puck from o-zone behind own net once! Pretty bad sportsmanship in a league like this is all!
Wow, I really am in awe that this is being said.

In game 1 I was up 2-0 with a minute left and cycled in your offensive zone trying to set up a shot. You ended up taking a penalty and I decided to just run the clock out by continuing to cycle in the zone (aka. you had ample opportunity to clog a passing lane and/or board play a guy, but you didn't/couldn't) in this instance for an attempt at sportsmanship (not trying to score a 3rd goal in a 2-0 game with 1 minute left and a delayed penalty).

In game 2 I really don't know what you're talking about. You ended up scoring a goal to make it 2-1 pretty late in the 3rd because I made a bone head breakout pass trying to score goal 3. There was one instance of me cycling back behind my net, but it was when you were fore-checking heavily (and CERTAINLY not all the way back from the offensive zone as you accuse) and I was trying to protect the puck and open up the breakout pass. You may recall that it took approximately 10 seconds from the time I was behind my net to the time I was in your zone, no? Also, I'm not sure if you're referring to this, but you can ask Detroit/Dallas how I play my blueline entrances when I am down - here is a hint, I played them the exact same way as when I was up against you.

As for Rinne stealing games for me... nice sour grapes. I had considerably better scoring opportunities than you and was cycling the puck in your offensive zone at will. Had I not choked by getting surprised by you switching to the goalie on a few breakaways both games would have been routs.

Last edited by CootaRoo: 10-19-2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Civility
CootaRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Anyone gonna be on to play EASHL tonight?

Old
10-19-2012, 09:29 PM
McNasty

I should be around

Old
10-19-2012, 10:22 PM
McNasty

Berglund out 46 games. Wasn't even a sim!!! **** you Lepisto lol.

Old
10-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Gibbs18

Im up for some EASHL. Inv me when you guys are going to play.

Old
10-19-2012, 11:53 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs18 View Post
Im up for some EASHL. Inv me when you guys are going to play.
Are people on?

Old
10-19-2012, 11:58 PM
Gibbs18

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Are people on?
Nope just me lol

Old
10-20-2012, 12:12 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

I'll be on to kick out the inactive GM's soon.

Old
10-20-2012, 01:20 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

, , , , and have been kicked. if you are one of these gms and would like to rejoin pm me.

Old
10-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

I guess I clinched the Western Conference top spot. Cool beans.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:19 AM
GunHavok

Send a message via MSN to GunHavok
Sharks can be on anytime today, if you can pm me when you want to play ill be there. Remaining games against

GunHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 11:49 AM
McNasty

Quote:

I guess I clinched the Western Conference top spot. Cool beans.
You're welcome!!!

Old
10-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

So we're going to replace the teams and advance to the playoffs tonight?

Old
10-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
So we're going to replace the teams and advance to the playoffs tonight?
Indeed.

Old
10-20-2012, 01:35 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Anyone got a solution for Xbox dropping your connection all the time?

10-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Blame HC.

Old
10-20-2012, 01:43 PM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
reboot your router, check your NAT maybe. or get a wired connection

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 04:15 PM
leclair1088

Colorado still has

Ducks x2
LA Kings x2
Minnesota

You guys around?????

leclair1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 04:29 PM
yideboit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CootaRoo View Post
In game 1 I was up 2-0 with a minute left and cycled in your offensive zone trying to set up a shot. You ended up taking a penalty and I decided to just run the clock out by continuing to cycle in the zone (aka. you had ample opportunity to clog a passing lane and/or board play a guy, but you didn't/couldn't) in this instance for an attempt at sportsmanship (not trying to score a 3rd goal in a 2-0 game with 1 minute left and a delayed penalty).

In game 2 I really don't know what you're talking about. You ended up scoring a goal to make it 2-1 pretty late in the 3rd because I made a bone head breakout pass trying to score goal 3. There was one instance of me cycling back behind my net, but it was when you were fore-checking heavily (and CERTAINLY not all the way back from the offensive zone as you accuse) and I was trying to protect the puck and open up the breakout pass. You may recall that it took approximately 10 seconds from the time I was behind my net to the time I was in your zone, no? Also, I'm not sure if you're referring to this, but you can ask Detroit/Dallas how I play my blueline entrances when I am down - here is a hint, I played them the exact same way as when I was up against you.

As for Rinne stealing games for me... nice sour grapes. I had considerably better scoring opportunities than you and was cycling the puck in your offensive zone at will. Had I not choked by getting surprised by you switching to the goalie on a few breakaways both games would have been routs.
the penalty was under 20 seconds left and i was down 2-0. so i spam switched players to keep away from you to make sure i drained the clock ... it wasnt you cycling the puck in that situation but this one isnt the issue and other people seem to disagree here or not understand what my issue is ... but my problem here is that people drag puck to corner which pulls your attacker plus 1-2 ai players and then back to the point. its just play keep away in the o-zone and imo this isn't THAT hard to do with or without the ridiculous poke check sliders this year. its the same as doing it behind your own net ... just an opinion here that others don't seem to agree is frustrating

in game 2 the goal i scored was because i anticipated the 43rd circle back behind your own net since you'd taken the lead ... i intercepted a player of yours and you had no choice but to make the bad pass ... which luckily my ai finally picked off

you literally DID take puck from the o-zone all the way behind your own net ... you dropped to point ... he bobbled it ... you barely missed keeping it in (picked it up JUST on outside of blueline)... took it out ... kept going back with a player of mine about 8-10 strides behind and went straight to your end behind the net

lol @ considerably better chances. you had a few breakaways but outside the breakaways idk where you consider yourself picking up good chances

edit: dont think im being super clear about the o-zone issue ... its where the offensive team keeps puck for multiple game play mins without putting actual effort into attacking the goal ... just play keep away

Last edited by yideboit: 10-20-2012 at 04:35 PM.
yideboit is offline   Reply With Quote