HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gabriel Bourque

Old
10-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Gabriel Bourque

Burst on the scene as a rookie, playing steady 3rd line minutes and playing the best hockey of his short career in our series against Detroit.

What do you see his role next year being? What's his ceiling? What line-mates do you want to see him with?

Personally, I see him as a 3rd liner again this year, but in the future, I believe he will be a solid 2nd line player that does a bit of everything. Under-rated, barely heard of, but a very solid 2nd liner.

Also, I want to see a line of Hornqvist/Halischuk-Wilson-Bourque at some point

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 12:49 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

the kids got skill

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 05:00 PM
QScout

Anyone knows why he didn't play yesterday against San Antonio ? Is he injured or whatever ?

QScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 08:32 PM
token grinder

i don't think he has enough pop in his game to be a top six forward. I see him and spaling as as a good third line duo and can be for years. Maybe a guy lie beck o latta in a few years can be that third part. All guys with good grit, all guys with a little pop, and all guys with decent speed. I think we sometimes fall in love with the fresh new thing and bourque was it last year. He will be a good pain in the ass player for us for as long as he understands is role

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 08:57 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicsandOil View Post
Anyone knows why he didn't play yesterday against San Antonio ? Is he injured or whatever ?
I posted your question on the Admirals Roundtable. I saw the game on Friday against Charlotte. Bourque threw a lot of checks and received a lot. The Checkers went after him, Mueller and Blum. It was a very physical game.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Burst on the scene as a rookie, playing steady 3rd line minutes and playing the best hockey of his short career in our series against Detroit.

What do you see his role next year being? What's his ceiling? What line-mates do you want to see him with?

Personally, I see him as a 3rd liner again this year, but in the future, I believe he will be a solid 2nd line player that does a bit of everything. Under-rated, barely heard of, but a very solid 2nd liner.

Also, I want to see a line of Hornqvist/Halischuk-Wilson-Bourque at some point
I think he remains a Darren Helm-esque top-end third line player for his entire career. His role and performance is defined by speed, hustle, and tenacity and I think he is perfect for the third line. He's not bad with the puck necessarily, but I just don't see him developing hands like Erat in the next few years. I am very high on him overall, but I think he's a third liner, and to me, there is nothing wrong with that.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 07:29 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicsandOil View Post
I heard that he was injured. No details other than he didn't go to Texas. I can tell you that Charlotte's team captain Brett Sutter slew footed him with 30 seconds left in the game. I am guessing that he was injured then because he hit the ice very hard.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
I think he remains a Darren Helm-esque top-end third line player for his entire career. His role and performance is defined by speed, hustle, and tenacity and I think he is perfect for the third line. He's not bad with the puck necessarily, but I just don't see him developing hands like Erat in the next few years. I am very high on him overall, but I think he's a third liner, and to me, there is nothing wrong with that.
We didn't expect Erat to develop so well either after his first season either, and that was in comparison to a Preds team with much lower skill level. Bourque has a lot more skill than he has shown on the NHL level so far since his role currently is third line, he is expected to be more speed, hustle, forecheck guy. But his skill level is definitely there, enough to play on Canada's jr team with Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle and Brayden Schenn.

Now I'm not saying he'll be a first line stud, but definitely see him as a solid option on the second line down the road.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote