HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Saturday Nights -Adult Pick Up Ice Hockey - Superior Ice Rink - Kings Park, LI

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-03-2011, 12:29 PM
  #1
noupf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
Saturday Nights -Adult Pick Up Ice Hockey - Superior Ice Rink - Kings Park, LI

Hey Guys,

I posted this on the Rangers forum as well ( since I am a Rangers fan ), but I just wanted to spread the word to everybody in the area who likes to play hockey.......reagrdless of who our favorite teams are.........



I just wanted to spread the word about our saturday night adult ice hockey games that go on at Superior Ice Rink in Kings Park. Its every Saturday night from about 11:30pm - 2:00am.......and its $20 per person. The attendance has been getting very low for the last few weeks, so I asked the guy who organizes it if he would mind if I spread the word. For the record, I dont make any money off this. I just wanted to spread the word to help get a better turn out so we can have some fun nights of playing ice hockey. Heres a run down.....

- Every Saturday night, Superior Ice Rink in Kings Park ( 11:30 pm - 2:00 am )
- Come down around 11:15pm, suit up, 15-20 minutes of warm up on a fresh sheet of ice and then we play until about 2:00 am
- Ages 16 and up
- Full equiptment required - chest, shin, elbow, helmet ( cage recommended ), gloves and ice hockey shorts.
- No contact ( a little bump here or there going for the puck, but no hits ).
- No bomb slap shots.......not trying to kill the goalies
- Skill levels can vary ( we have had guys who are real good, guys that are not so good and everything in between.).........at the very least, you should know how to skate on ice. You dont need to be awesome, just be able to skate.
- Come with a good attitude and looking to have fun. Its a good time with good people. I've been doing it for about a year now and we have rearely had a problem with bad players coming down.

If you are a goalie, please PM me. I will give you the phone number of the guy who runs it ( Ralph ). Usually they try to have 3 goalies max, so that the amount of playing time is good for each goalie. Its best to call Ralph and ask if he has enough goailes before coming down. There have been nights where we had 4+ goalies and we had to turn some away. Right now we have 2 pretty consistent goalies.

Any other questions, let me know.

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 12:53 PM
  #2
Bauer Warrior*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noupf View Post
Hey Guys,

I posted this on the Rangers forum as well ( since I am a Rangers fan ), but I just wanted to spread the word to everybody in the area who likes to play hockey.......reagrdless of who our favorite teams are.........



I just wanted to spread the word about our saturday night adult ice hockey games that go on at Superior Ice Rink in Kings Park. Its every Saturday night from about 11:30pm - 2:00am.......and its $20 per person. The attendance has been getting very low for the last few weeks, so I asked the guy who organizes it if he would mind if I spread the word. For the record, I dont make any money off this. I just wanted to spread the word to help get a better turn out so we can have some fun nights of playing ice hockey. Heres a run down.....

- Every Saturday night, Superior Ice Rink in Kings Park ( 11:30 pm - 2:00 am )
- Come down around 11:15pm, suit up, 15-20 minutes of warm up on a fresh sheet of ice and then we play until about 2:00 am
- Ages 16 and up
- Full equiptment required - chest, shin, elbow, helmet ( cage recommended ), gloves and ice hockey shorts.
- No contact ( a little bump here or there going for the puck, but no hits ).
- No bomb slap shots.......not trying to kill the goalies
- Skill levels can vary ( we have had guys who are real good, guys that are not so good and everything in between.).........at the very least, you should know how to skate on ice. You dont need to be awesome, just be able to skate.
- Come with a good attitude and looking to have fun. Its a good time with good people. I've been doing it for about a year now and we have rearely had a problem with bad players coming down.

If you are a goalie, please PM me. I will give you the phone number of the guy who runs it ( Ralph ). Usually they try to have 3 goalies max, so that the amount of playing time is good for each goalie. Its best to call Ralph and ask if he has enough goailes before coming down. There have been nights where we had 4+ goalies and we had to turn some away. Right now we have 2 pretty consistent goalies.

Any other questions, let me know.
Is this the Pops?

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:03 PM
  #3
noupf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
Is this the Pops?
sorry, i'm not sure what you mean......

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:41 PM
  #4
OrangeZebra
Unregistered User
 
OrangeZebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 500
I live less than 5 minutes away, and go Friday nights every so often. Last
Friday 2 people showed up I'm a goalie btw

OrangeZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 03:54 PM
  #5
Brunomics
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Medford
Country: United States
Posts: 5,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZebra View Post
I live less than 5 minutes away, and go Friday nights every so often. Last
Friday 2 people showed up I'm a goalie btw
So that was you in the nets after my game friday night?(I was on that team with the Bruins practice jersey's before you got on)

Go to dix hills pickup that night, usually a good crowd and you play on the new rink.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:25 PM
  #6
OrangeZebra
Unregistered User
 
OrangeZebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
So that was you in the nets after my game friday night?(I was on that team with the Bruins practice jersey's before you got on)

Go to dix hills pickup that night, usually a good crowd and you play on the new rink.
Yep, I was the one in green

OrangeZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 09:56 PM
  #7
Brain Hemorrhage
Registered User
 
Brain Hemorrhage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,431
vCash: 500
I can play all positions, including goalie. Probably prefer not to play goalie since my torn ACL, though.

Live in Boston, but would love some pickup hockey when I visit on the weekends. The time slot is pretty amazingly awesome.

Brain Hemorrhage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:10 AM
  #8
noupf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage View Post
I can play all positions, including goalie. Probably prefer not to play goalie since my torn ACL, though.

Live in Boston, but would love some pickup hockey when I visit on the weekends. The time slot is pretty amazingly awesome.
feel free to come down anytime. For the last year that I have been going, we have never not had two goalies or more, so feel free to come down and skate out as a foward or d man.

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 07:29 PM
  #9
noupf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
Bump.......

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 04:17 PM
  #10
noupf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
Friday bump..............Come on down saturday night. I've heard back from a few people and some goalies. With the regulars that come down ( about 7-8 guys ), plus those I have heard from, it should be a good game. can always use more though.....

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 05:49 PM
  #11
noupf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
Bringin this thread back to life. Anyone who wants to come down and play, you are more than welcome. We always have two to three goalies. We had a good run with attendance, but its been thin for a few weeks now.

Come down and play some ice hockey !!!!!!!!

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 05:54 PM
  #12
Heart of Vukota
Registered User
 
Heart of Vukota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rocky Point
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
My season has ended at The Rinx for now so I may come day for a few Saturday nights. Thanks

Heart of Vukota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 06:32 PM
  #13
7:11 of OT
Call my Monkey Butch
 
7:11 of OT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Monkeyville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,529
vCash: 500
Anyone coming this Saturday - come a little earlier and you will catch the championship of the 18U 4-on-4 league - my son is #10 on the maroon team.

7:11 of OT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 07:40 PM
  #14
OrangeZebra
Unregistered User
 
OrangeZebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7:11 of OT View Post
Anyone coming this Saturday - come a little earlier and you will catch the championship of the 18U 4-on-4 league - my son is #10 on the maroon team.
So he is on the team that beat me a few days ago?

OrangeZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 08:40 PM
  #15
7:11 of OT
Call my Monkey Butch
 
7:11 of OT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Monkeyville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZebra View Post
So he is on the team that beat me a few days ago?
You play for purple?

7:11 of OT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 01:34 PM
  #16
noupf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
last two weeks had ok turn outs, but could use a couple more.

Rink is ours at 1130pm tonight.

Come down and play.

All skill levels welcome.......seriously, you dont have to be great to play.

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 09:55 PM
  #17
isles31
Poster Excellont
 
isles31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noupf View Post
last two weeks had ok turn outs, but could use a couple more.

Rink is ours at 1130pm tonight.

Come down and play.

All skill levels welcome.......seriously, you dont have to be great to play.
Do you guys need goalies? I don't wanna drive 30 mins to have a 5 goalie rotation

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 11:34 AM
  #18
noupf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
More often than not we have two goalies, sometimes a third in the summer when one guy is home from college, but he has left for school again. I've been going for two years and we never seem to have more than 3.......its usually two though.

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:56 PM
  #19
noupf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
saturday bump.....

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 10:36 AM
  #20
noupf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
Saturday bump... Come play some hockey !!

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 11:31 AM
  #21
noupf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
saturday bump.........come play some hockey eh'

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 12:56 PM
  #22
noupf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
to the top...

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 10:42 PM
  #23
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?
 
RoseTintedVisor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: bklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 4,317
vCash: 500
Once I get back to Sundays off im showing up.

RoseTintedVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 03:18 PM
  #24
noupf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
Saturday bump

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 01:27 PM
  #25
noupf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
come play hockey tonight.........

that is all.

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.