HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

[Game 3] Hershey @ Bingo | Octobeer 19th, 2012 | 7:05pm w/ stream

Old
10-20-2012, 11:05 AM
benjiv1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
He was mentioned in trade rumours. We tend to not get attached to players that may end up being traded. It is pretty clear we are not trading him now, expect to see more love.
Also, what people don't realize is that Zibanejad was coveted because of his value.

I doubt CBJ would have traded Nash for either of Silfverberg or Stone as the central piece in a package.

I'd also like to mention that in the past I have put 3 rookies name's on my Sens jerseys, before they had played a substantial amount of games. They are as follows:

-Havlat (I got it for Christmas in his rookie campaign)
-Karlsson (after 1 pre-season game I went out and put his name on the back of my SNES jersey, people thought I was crazy!)
-Zibanejad (pre-ordered a Heritage jersey with his name on it)

benjiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
He was mentioned in trade rumours. We tend to not get attached to players that may end up being traded. It is pretty clear we are not trading him now, expect to see more love.
That had nothing to do with it. Lack of highlight play and exceptional production plus a WJC where he didn't dominate were the main culprits. The expectations were unrealistic ally high. Talent level was obvious and still is.

Hard to find a 2nd liner in the league with his talent.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 12:06 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
If you want to silence the haters, tell them to name 5 guys under 20 that could make the play Zib did last night. Laid out the defender that stepped up on him at the blue line, drives it to the net, draws the goalie to him because of his shot, and makes a tape to tape one timer pass. It made me feel like I was watching Ovechkin (although he probably wouldve taken a snap shot at the circle haha)

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
If you want to silence the haters, tell them to name 5 guys under 20 that could make the play Zib did last night. Laid out the defender that stepped up on him at the blue line, drives it to the net, draws the goalie to him because of his shot, and makes a tape to tape one timer pass. It made me feel like I was watching Ovechkin (although he probably wouldve taken a snap shot at the circle haha)
As awesome that was, watching him shake the defender one on one afterward was about just as impressive.

Old
10-20-2012, 12:19 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
I really want to see more of DaCosta. The limited chances he did get shifts last night he was brilliant, imo. He made 3 impressive rushes up ice that lead to a PP and 2 offensive chances.

Something like:

Zibanejad-Pageau-Hoffman
Silfverberg-DaCosta-Stone

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 12:28 PM
benjiv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I really want to see more of DaCosta. The limited chances he did get shifts last night he was brilliant, imo. He made 3 impressive rushes up ice that lead to a PP and 2 offensive chances.

Something like:

Zibanejad-Pageau-Hoffman
Silfverberg-DaCosta-Stone
Don't forget Prince has to get in there somewhere as well!

Perhaps:

Zibanejad-DaCosta-Prince (Mika+Prince = )
Silfverberg-Pageau-Stone

benjiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Carrie Underwood

any highlights from last night?

Carrie Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post

Perhaps:

Silfverberg-Pageau-Stone
or

Zibanejad/DaCosta/Silfverberg
Prince/Hoffman/Petersson
Dziurzynski/Pageau/Stone

Qward is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 02:31 PM
kammy1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post

Perhaps:

Silfverberg-Pageau-Stone
If Stone or Prince are both playing in the top 6 this year, it's because Hoffman is injured/ the lockout ends. ()

I know I'm in the minority but I think Hoffman is the most NHL ready forward on the B-sens right now. I think Silf will turn out to be the best once they (Silf, Zbad, Hoff) all achieve there potential but I believe he needs more time in the A to develop chemistry with Z-bad. The hoff's been given more responsiblity and has accelled with it ever year. He looked great last year in his call up game to playing on the 4th line..rang one off the iron off of the rush against Calgary..wish we could've saw him up here more

kammy1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Berserker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kammy1221 View Post
If Stone or Prince are both playing in the top 6 this year, it's because Hoffman is injured/ the lockout ends. ()

I know I'm in the minority but I think Hoffman is the most NHL ready forward on the B-sens right now. I think Silf will turn out to be the best once they (Silf, Zbad, Hoff) all achieve there potential but I believe he needs more time in the A to develop chemistry with Z-bad. The hoff's been given more responsiblity and has accelled with it ever year. He looked great last year in his call up game to playing on the 4th line..rang one off the iron off of the rush against Calgary..wish we could've saw him up here more
Stone could push Petersson out of a top six spot. Actually that might happen within the next few games if Stone keeps performing well and Petersson keeps struggling.

In the AHL, Hoffman will always have a spot in the top six; he is clearly one of the best forwards on the ice every night. As an NHL player, I think he will end up as a third liner. That isn't to say that he won't be capable of playing top six minutes, I just think that he will be pushed down the roster based on the depth that the sens have. I see Hoffman ending up on the thrd line in a Foligno/Vermette kind of role.

Also I still believe that Stone and Zibanejad will end up being superior players to Silfverberg in the long run.

Berserker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post

Also I still believe that Stone and Zibanejad will end up being superior players to Silfverberg in the long run.
Their upsides are probably both higher if things go right.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:23 PM
We Want the Cup 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Their upsides are probably both higher if things go right.
For me I put Zibanejad a bit ahead of the other two mostly based on age. I feel Stone and Silfverberg have similar upside.

Nice to even be able to have this conversation. It's been a while since Ottawa had forward prospects like this. Since Spezza I'm guessing?

We Want the Cup 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 03:53 PM
kammy1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Stone could push Petersson out of a top six spot. Actually that might happen within the next few games if Stone keeps performing well and Petersson keeps struggling.

In the AHL, Hoffman will always have a spot in the top six; he is clearly one of the best forwards on the ice every night. As an NHL player, I think he will end up as a third liner. That isn't to say that he won't be capable of playing top six minutes, I just think that he will be pushed down the roster based on the depth that the sens have. I see Hoffman ending up on the thrd line in a Foligno/Vermette kind of role.

I agree with this %100, and like the other poster above me just said, it's just nice to even be able of this kind of discussion There's just something about Silf's shot and what he accomplished last year winning the SEL season and playoff MVP that makes me choose him over the others.
Only time will tell though

kammy1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 04:57 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
I think Zibanejad will have the highest impact of them all followed closely by Silfverberg and Stone. The only thing that may slow down Zibby is if Zibby doesn't develop a strong offensive mindset as he develops.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I think Zibanejad will have the highest impact of them all followed closely by Silfverberg and Stone. The only thing that may slow down Zibby is if Zibby doesn't develop a strong offensive mindset as he develops.
May not need it.