HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Purpose Luongo Trade Discussion (New news) MOD WARNING IN OP

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2012, 02:53 PM
FAMOUSfin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
I can't view video's on this computer, but if it is the game tying goal where the puck is deflected, and Lui makes the first save (clutching up) then the man all alone infront unchecked puts home the rebound. What part of the guy infront of your net all alone is not part of the defences fault? I know it was 5 on 6, but that is the last person that should be left alone, there should be a dman or centerman on him.
It's even worse than that. Both Parise and Langenbrunner are alone in front of the net. Weber was the one that deflected the puck on net. But hey, lets blame that goal exclusively on Luongo, not the defencemen who failed to minimize the risk on that scoring chance and ended up making Luongo having to try and make one of the best saves of his career.

Old
10-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAMOUSfin View Post
It's even worse than that. Both Parise and Langenbrunner are alone in front of the net. Weber was the one that deflected the puck on net. But hey, lets blame that goal exclusively on Luongo, not the defencemen who failed to minimize the risk on that scoring chance and ended up making Luongo having to try and make one of the best saves of his career.
The funny thing about the Olympics is that 2010 was Luongo's worst year as a Canuck, He struggled off and on for most of the year. In that down year, he posted a .913 save percentage and won an olympic gold. He was much better in '11 and '12.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
He's youngish, cheap, good two ways and might be a long term fit. What's not to like?
Cheap for 1 more year, could be lost for nothing and I wouldnt exacty rave about his 2 way play.

Plus having to pay a premium essetially for his services.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:04 PM
HamhuisHip
LeggsOverMyHamhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
He's going to need to make 3 of those a period for the Leafs.
At least you know he has the ability to make those kinds of saves. Isn't that a step up from what the Leafs are currently looking at in goal next year.

In any case it was more of a retort to the poster who doesn't like Luo and is just cherry picking 2010 moments to suit his argument.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:06 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
The way i see it is

To Tor- Luongo, Raymond
To Van- Bozak, Kulemin, Kadri
Is a bit unfair for the Leafs.Nucks win this deal but if you throw in Komi and Ballard than it makes it fair for both teams.Yes Ballard is a little bit better than Komi.Contracts are almost the same money wise and term wise.
so
To Tor- Luongo, Raymond and Ballard
To Van- Bozak, Kulemin, Kadri and Komi
Fair for both teams
I'd say no to either trade. Luongo as a backup provides more to the team than Bozak and Kadri. Kulemin for Raymond is a wash.

Any deal from the Leafs would have to include a top 5 protected 1st, a good prospect, and something useful now.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Szechwan
Plug Life.

People are actually using this as proof of Luongo's shaky goaltending?

He makes a save off a deflected puck then gets scored on by one of two guys standing alone in front of the net. I've picked on the guy too, but of all the examples - this has to be one of the worst.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:22 PM
SouthFLFan79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Petrovic
Matthias
1st

FOR
Luongo

Someone said that Florida fans agreed on it, so seeing if they do.
I dont see florida fans agreeing to this at all. Remove Petrovic and replace him with a cap dump back. I dont see us doing this proposal.

Let him go to the leafs.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:29 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I think we probably talked the GTG in the Gold Medal Game to death back in 2010.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:37 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szechwan View Post

People are actually using this as proof of Luongo's shaky goaltending?

He makes a save off a deflected puck then gets scored on by one of two guys standing alone in front of the net. I've picked on the guy too, but of all the examples - this has to be one of the worst.
That video doesn't show the screw up. He had a perfect chance to catch a floater and he messed it up which led to the Kane goal. Look it up on YouTube. There's a great view of it taken from a fan in the crowd. You can even here the tension from the crowd when he dropped it. It was a perfect example of shaky. He's just lucky they won in OT because without that gold medal, his life would be a lot more miserable. Happened against Slovakia too. Canada's up 3-0. Luongo gives up a deflating goal from behind the net and all of a sudden Slovakia is all over Canada and damn near made a comeback.

Last edited by nhlfan9191: 10-20-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old
10-20-2012, 03:41 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Oh right. People don't read what mods say unless we put it in bold. Ahem

I think we talked the GTG of the Gold Medal Game to death back in 2010

Guys, I'm really not trying to squash every little thing that goes off topic here, but we've been through these Luongo threads before. Something like 30 times. I've been on this site for three years. I've been a mod for a year. It's obvious when it's going to fly off track, and if you want to keep a place to discuss Luongo trade news we absolutely have to make sure we don't steer it into a pit like the last time.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Ho Borvat

Its tough because most of the expendable assets the Leafs have aren't improvements/marginal improvements on what Vancouver has.

Vancouver has lots of 6/9 wingers and if we bring in MacA/Kulemin they (or someone like Hansen/Raymond) just ends up on the 4th line.

On defense, our top-6 is set, and we have Alberts, Joslin and Connauton in spots 7-8-9.

Really our only weakess is we could use a fringe 2nd line center with strong enough defense to play our 3rd C.

Sadly the only people filling this need is Connolly and Bozak and one of them has a way higher value to TO than to Van.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:58 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Sportsnet John Shannon: Luongo will be traded to Leafs

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-l...o_maple_leafs/

Quote:
However, I have been told that the next time Roberto Luongo plays in the NHL, he will play for the Toronto Maple Leafs. It is from a reputable source. End of story.

I do not know who or what he will be traded for, and believe it or not, I donít think general managers Mike Gillis and Brian Burke know either. The rules of any new collective bargaining agreement will dictate the actual transaction.

Old
10-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Numbers

Van

Connolly, colbourne, Kadri, 1st

T.O.

Luongo, Raymond

Toronto only needs one more piece to start becoming a contender and that is #1 centre. Colbourne and Kadri certainly do not project that way and I think Toronto fans will agree. They also do not look likely to displace grabovski or bozak. Absolutely no impact players lost for Toronto.

Connolly helps fill a short term need and is a full rental. Kadri and colbourne help build prospect pool but neither are going to make a big impact anytime soon.

Old
10-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Martyros

The guy played great against the Kings in all of those losses, what's the hate for?

Old
10-20-2012, 04:24 PM
BlueBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Circles within circles.

Because we have two great goaltenders, one of whom is 7 years younger.
And one of which wants to be traded. Not sure why Canuck fans keep forgetting this fact. Yes he has said all the right things since then but we know he wants to be traded. This is why his value is reduced , this is why he needs to be traded and ideally before the season starts, and this along with contract factors is what limits his value .

Old
10-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
And one of which wants to be traded. Not sure why Canuck fans keep forgetting this fact. Yes he has said all the right things since then but we know he wants to be traded. This is why his value is reduced , this is why he needs to be traded and ideally before the season starts, and this along with contract factors is what limits his value .
Nope.

Seeing as he has said that he doesn't mind being back I don't think we need to trade him before the start of the season. I don't know why people keep forgetting this fact.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 10-20-2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: as I said earlier, PM these things
Old
10-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
He doesn't have to be traded yet. We'll be fine until the cap drops next year. Even then, we have a few players coming off the books we can afford to let go. If Luongo is still with us by the end of the season, you can start offering lowball deals.

Old
10-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Pyromaniac3

Quote:
Strombone ‏@strombone1

I hope this A-Rod trade thingy doesn't drag out.... That would be so annoying!
Sums it up pretty well.

Old
10-20-2012, 04:31 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
It's been refuted by many.

Old
10-20-2012, 04:36 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
Sums it up pretty well.
Came here to post this. I wouldn't take Luongo's Twitter seriously ever...but still a questionable tweet

Old
10-20-2012, 04:39 PM
DyerMaker66

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
I can't view video's on this computer, but if it is the game tying goal where the puck is deflected, and Lui makes the first save (clutching up) then the man all alone infront unchecked puts home the rebound. What part of the guy infront of your net all alone is not part of the defences fault? I know it was 5 on 6, but that is the last person that should be left alone, there should be a dman or centerman on him.
The giving up that greasy rebound part.

Old
10-20-2012, 04:41 PM
DyerMaker66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Van

Connolly, colbourne, Kadri, 1st

T.O.

Luongo, Raymond

Toronto only needs one more piece to start becoming a contender and that is #1 centre. Colbourne and Kadri certainly do not project that way and I think Toronto fans will agree. They also do not look likely to displace grabovski or bozak. Absolutely no impact players lost for Toronto.

Connolly helps fill a short term need and is a full rental. Kadri and colbourne help build prospect pool but neither are going to make a big impact anytime soon.
I think a goalie could help.

Old
10-20-2012, 04:43 PM
WonderTwinsUnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyerMaker66 View Post
I think a goalie could help.
I think that was addressed in the trade proposal.

Old
10-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
I'd say no to either trade. Luongo as a backup provides more to the team than Bozak and Kadri. Kulemin for Raymond is a wash.

Any deal from the Leafs would have to include a top 5 protected 1st, a good prospect, and something useful now.
Why throw in Ballard/Komisarek? It's so pointless. Both have salaries they don't live up to, sure. No chance in hell I'm taking Komisarek over Ballard though.

Old
10-20-2012, 04:48 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

The end. Open a new one

Closed Thread