HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal-Columbus or Montreal-San Jose

Old
10-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
Thank you for making me laugh!!!!! If Eller plays on your first 2 lines, you are in big trouble. His hockey sense is bellow average.
That's non-sense.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 09:24 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
Thank you for making me laugh!!!!! If Eller plays on your first 2 lines, you are in big trouble. His hockey sense is bellow average.
Hockey sense is bellow average? You lack some sense if you don't see this kid is full of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
That's non-sense.
I've NEVER agreed with Habsterix, but now, he's never been more right.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ SF4L View Post
Columbus may probably do that. JJ could cover for losing Wiz, especially if they were to get Eller and Borque in return, and they'd probably ask for Weber over Kaberle.
No we won't. There's not a chance in hell. Eller is interesting only if we're ADDING, not REPLACING forwards; we do not consider him a #1C possibility (so basically he'd add to the "scoring by committee" plan, of which Dubinsky is a vital component). Bourque has become a reclamation project; we're interested only at salvage prices (so there's no sense from the MTL perspective in us inquiring after him).

And despite popular opinion misperception, Wisniewski is not a reclamation cap dump here. He's already pretty much JMFJ's BFF and has already shown that he's a VASTLY better player (and makes JMFJ a vastly better player) when they're paired together. If we're not getting a #1 star defenseman, he stays, and that's not particularly negotiable. That it's a rapidly fading TKaberle coming back makes this completely out of the question.
EDIT: Didn't notice the Yannick Weber option. That doesn't really help much, though. It's still two quarters and two dimes for a loonie.

I can see how Montreal might think it's iffy for them, and I don't entirely disagree, but it's a total non-starter for Columbus.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
to MTL:
James Wisniewski
Brandon Dubinsky

to Columbus:
Rene Bourque
Lars Eller
Tomas Kaberle or Yannick Weber
I hope all can agree that Wisniewski >> Kaberle. I also think Dubinsky > Eller, although of course sans this trade ever happening, we Habs fans will continue to hope for an emergence from Eller which levels that out. It may or may not happen. Eller shows some nice things at times and seems to have added a lot of strength since last year, but it still remains to be seen if he can put it all together consistently enough to be a top-6 player. I'd rather keep him over Dubinsky, for that upside, while recognizing that it would be fair for Columbus to prefer Dubinsky for the present-tense value. Bourque is a throw-in either way to me... if the cap is going down, he's a reasonable salary inclusion to help balance things out more. He may or may not bounce back, but right now, without that, he has very minimal value. End of the day, I'd do this trade from the Habs POV, and would totally understand why the Blue Jackets would not.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 11:55 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I hope all can agree that Wisniewski >> Kaberle. I also think Dubinsky > Eller, although of course sans this trade ever happening, we Habs fans will continue to hope for an emergence from Eller which levels that out. It may or may not happen. Eller shows some nice things at times and seems to have added a lot of strength since last year, but it still remains to be seen if he can put it all together consistently enough to be a top-6 player. I'd rather keep him over Dubinsky, for that upside, while recognizing that it would be fair for Columbus to prefer Dubinsky for the present-tense value. Bourque is a throw-in either way to me... if the cap is going down, he's a reasonable salary inclusion to help balance things out more. He may or may not bounce back, but right now, without that, he has very minimal value. End of the day, I'd do this trade from the Habs POV, and would totally understand why the Blue Jackets would not.
While they may be better right now. I wouldnt touch those contract.

Dubinsky 4.2M for another 3 years but Eller is a bargain at 1.325M for 2 years.
Wisniewski for another 4 years at 5.5M is a bit too much for me.

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post

It's entirely conceivable that players such as Kaberle and Bourque could become cap casualties of the new CBA anyway, so indeed, trading them for even higher priced players - even better ones - might be impossible from a practical standpoint, even if we wanted to do it.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 12:29 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post

Columbus isn't close enough to the cap to worry me. Additionally, Wisniewski has a NTC

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 12:57 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
The only one on this list that could beat him out is Brassard. Johansen maybe one day, but not now.

You haven't watched him the way we habs fans did.
I'm pretty certain I watched him in a very different fashion than you have seen Brassard, Anisimov, Johansen, or Dubinsky play.

Eller hasn't done enough to conclusively jump ahead of any of those players. Ok, well I will grant he was better than Johansen last year, but with his upside, forget about it...

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Wiz' contract for me is a deal killer right there. I'd rather have Dubinsky however.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 04:20 PM
bizzz*

Wiz's contract comparing to some last offseason signings look pretty decent.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Wiz's contract comparing to some last offseason signings look pretty decent.
He was on pace for only 1 less point than he had the year before. Problem was injuries and a stupidly long suspension by Shanaban.

Also, it should be known that he played pretty well at both ends of the ice. Sure he isn't known for his defensive prowess, but he and Jack Johnson looked nothing like the "1-dimensional offensive liabilities" people were labeling them as before being acquired.

I don't feel comfortable moving either Wiz or Dubinsky until we see how they start the season with the Jackets. Especially not for Bourque, Eller, and Kaberle. That's not enough of an improvement at forward. Columbus doesn't need "better than the rest of the CBJ team," they need LEGITIMATE talent that would hold a position regardless of the team the players play for. I.E. We need a #1 C that would be a #1 C on most teams, not just the Jackets.

Last edited by Crede777: 10-20-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Subbanned

No to both.

The first one has potential, but Columbus landed Dubinsky as a key part of their Nash trade. He fits in well with a lot of their hard working semi-skilled players.

The second one is just jokes.

I want to get rid of Bourque as well. Don't think we'll find any suckers.

Subbanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
I'm pretty certain I watched him in a very different fashion than you have seen Brassard, Anisimov, Johansen, or Dubinsky play.

Eller hasn't done enough to conclusively jump ahead of any of those players. Ok, well I will grant he was better than Johansen last year, but with his upside, forget about it...
Agreed on Brassard.

But I can't see the rest being ahead of him.

And I still agree that he hasn't ''done'' enough. But he's shown enough!

Old
10-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
#1 Montreal does not need Wisniewski instead of Kaberle. This is going from bad to worst. 2 Dmen that don't have any defence in them for a high price tag, no thanks.

#2 San Jose won't trade Couture and their fans don't want Bourque.
Are you out of your mind? Wiz was fantastic with us. Our pp was dynamite with him and Subban on the back-end. His defensive game severly underrated too, he just had a couple obvious brain farts from time to time. Plus I loved his mean streak.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Prairie Habs

I loved WIz with the Habs but considering his contract and the fact our D is still pretty small I wouldn't give anything of real value for him. Dubinsky is a second liner on a bad team and a third on a good team. He makes way to much to be a third liner and we are already set in our bottom 6 so I don't see any reason to acquire him only to have to move him when we start playing better.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 06:52 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Wiz' contract for me is a deal killer right there. I'd rather have Dubinsky however.
Yah I like Dubinsky, I also like Wiz, but that contract. Eh, it's not Gomez territory but I'd rather pass. 4.5 would've been good, 5.5 is meh

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 06:53 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
I loved WIz with the Habs but considering his contract and the fact our D is still pretty small I wouldn't give anything of real value for him. Dubinsky is a second liner on a bad team and a third on a good team. He makes way to much to be a third liner and we are already set in our bottom 6 so I don't see any reason to acquire him only to have to move him when we start playing better.
To be fair, Wiz is pretty tough. Just because he isn't 6'4 doesn't mean he plays small. He'd add to habs toughness for sure, especially relative to kaberle.

Not saying I do trade though.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Are you out of your mind? Wiz was fantastic with us. Our pp was dynamite with him and Subban on the back-end. His defensive game severly underrated too, he just had a couple obvious brain farts from time to time. Plus I loved his mean streak.
Of all the "terrible" contracts Montreal has made or acquired. Wiz was the one I actually wanted to make. Sure, he is overpaid but he worked damn well for the Habs and it certainly hurt not having him on the blueline last season. Chalk it up to another of the many blunders from the Gainey/Gauthier era.

For the trades themselves. Neither are an improvement for Columbus or San Jose. Therefore, they have little reason to entertain them.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Mrb1p

Anyway at 5.5 Wizz would've been fine to me.

Guy puts up 50's, hit's and scraps, while playing good defense, until he makes a move that will make you go OH LAWD.

Better than Kaberle at 4.5..

For the love of god....the guy makes blow job moves.

Old
10-21-2012, 03:25 AM
palindrom

Carey Price and Eller for Couture and Niemi

deal or no deal?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 04:35 AM
Slackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post

deal or no deal?
mtl would say no

Last edited by spiny norman: 10-21-2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: corrected [/QUOTE]
Slackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 05:10 AM
WTFetus

Quote:

deal or no deal?
Both teams probably say no. Niemi isn't the problem right now, it's depth.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 10:03 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Agreed on Brassard.

But I can't see the rest being ahead of him.

And I still agree that he hasn't ''done'' enough. But he's shown enough!
I'd have Brassard well behind Dubinsky, and just a hair ahead of Anisimov on the depth chart. I think you have the wrong idea about Brassard, his defensive game has been flawed to this point, and as talented of a playmaker and puckhandler as he is, he hasn't really been a consistent offensive threat since his rookie season.

Eller hasn't done much either. Its true Johansen hasn't achieved much, but look at your own guy. If I were going by production, Anisimov would be a better player than Eller too. Dubinsky, would be much better. Brassard much better as well.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 11:08 AM
bud12

Quote:

deal or no deal?
no deal from the habs

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote