HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Mark Jankowski - Providence College, HE (2012, 21st overall, Calgary)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-20-2012, 04:24 PM
  #201
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,219
vCash: 50
He got his first assist in a 1-1 tie he has 2 goals and 1 assist in 3 games so far.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 04:33 PM
  #202
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,390
vCash: 500
Haha what a scrub. Only a PPG in the NCAA?

JetsHomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 04:52 PM
  #203
Madic
Registered User
 
Madic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,560
vCash: 500
^ I agree, let's get snide after three games. No one's ever looked stupid for doing that!

Madic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 05:08 PM
  #204
Beerfest*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Haha what a scrub. Only a PPG in the NCAA?

Not sure if serious..

Jankowski just turned 18. A PPG in the NCAA would be great production for him. I wouldnt be suprised if he doesnt keep that pace up for the whole year and finishes with 30-35 points, which would be fine for his first year.


Last edited by Beerfest*: 10-20-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Beerfest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 05:24 PM
  #205
SPORTSMANIAC
Registered User
 
SPORTSMANIAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lewiston, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 2,588
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry View Post
Not sure if serious..

Jankowski just turned 18. A PPG in the NCAA would be great production for him. I wouldnt be suprised if he doesnt keep that pace up for the whole year and finishes with 30-35 points, which would be fine for his first year.
I think it was sarcasm the previous two posts above you

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 05:31 PM
  #206
Loffer
Registered User
 
Loffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,220
vCash: 500
this kid's gonna be a star, probably a generational talent. you just know when you see one.

Loffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 06:32 PM
  #207
Rolen
setoguchi sucks
 
Rolen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffer View Post
this kid's gonna be a star, probably a generational talent. you just know when you see one.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. He has played 3 NCAA games, give him some time before you start putting sky high expectations on him.

Rolen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 07:08 PM
  #208
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Awwwww yeah.

The Big Jankowski!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 07:15 PM
  #209
UsernameWasTaken
Hawks Offseason WOAT
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffer View Post
this kid's gonna be a star, probably a generational talent. you just know when you see one.
I guess you and Feaster share the same genius.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 07:43 PM
  #210
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,390
vCash: 500
I don't know what I want more, the jank to be awesome or the jank to never play in the nhl. Whatever is funnier

JetsHomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 08:29 PM
  #211
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
I don't know what I want more, the jank to be awesome or the jank to never play in the nhl. Whatever is funnier
Hahahah this!

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 09:03 PM
  #212
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 27,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeLoBlue View Post
I'm actually hoping Jankowski becomes a legit #1 just to see the reactions. It'll be great the day he hits like 90 points and people are completely bewildered.
I never got the hate for the pick, reading up on the draft it seemed like everybody thought he was a "sleeper" and could slip to the bottom half of the draft.

Considering where he was picked I think it was a good gamble, that being said only negative I could potentially find is why did the flames trade down(I believe they traded from 14 to 21st?) with a couple of good players still on the board(and of coarse if any of those players picked from 14th-20th end up with a better career it will be they should have picked <fill in name> at 14)

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 09:11 PM
  #213
Trae
____________________
 
Trae's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
I never got the hate for the pick, reading up on the draft it seemed like everybody thought he was a "sleeper" and could slip to the bottom half of the draft.

Considering where he was picked I think it was a good gamble, that being said only negative I could potentially find is why did the flames trade down(I believe they traded from 14 to 21st?) with a couple of good players still on the board(and of coarse if any of those players picked from 14th-20th end up with a better career it will be they should have picked <fill in name> at 14)
And Sieloff! So it'll be what would you rather have? Jankowski/Sieloff or <insert player>

Trae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 09:20 PM
  #214
Marc BargainBin
only on playstation
 
Marc BargainBin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,938
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Marc BargainBin
I never understood the hate, although the Feaster comments were ridiculous

Marc BargainBin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 10:43 PM
  #215
FoppaForsberg*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Cause the vast majority of hf hates anything to do with Calgary for whatever reason.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 10:52 PM
  #216
MapleLeafs9
"There will be pain"
 
MapleLeafs9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,479
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
I never got the hate for the pick, reading up on the draft it seemed like everybody thought he was a "sleeper" and could slip to the bottom half of the draft.

Considering where he was picked I think it was a good gamble, that being said only negative I could potentially find is why did the flames trade down(I believe they traded from 14 to 21st?) with a couple of good players still on the board(and of coarse if any of those players picked from 14th-20th end up with a better career it will be they should have picked <fill in name> at 14)
He was expected to be a third round pick was he not? Or a second rounder. Definitely not a 1st round pick anyways, hence all the jokes.

MapleLeafs9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 10:55 PM
  #217
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker
 
superhakan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 View Post
He was expected to be a third round pick was he not? Or a second rounder. Definitely not a 1st round pick anyways, hence all the jokes.
He would have been a first round pick regardless. I think it was NJ who really wanted him as well. He was ranked a mid 2nd went late 1st. A "reach" but we'll see how well it works out.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 11:04 PM
  #218
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,478
vCash: 500
What? Since when was he a third rounder projected to be? I had seen him in late first and early second. In my mock I even had him in the first. Albeit at 29, but still. To call him a third rounder or higher is far-fetched.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 11:05 PM
  #219
FoppaForsberg*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Plenty of players have been pegged a second/ late round pick and chosen much sooner. ( See Oshie, Schwartz, Hishon, Peter forsberg, Antropov and more). And NJ I believe wanted him, if NJ picked him we wouldn't be having any of these jokes.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 12:02 AM
  #220
UsernameWasTaken
Hawks Offseason WOAT
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM93 View Post
Plenty of players have been pegged a second/ late round pick and chosen much sooner. ( See Oshie, Schwartz, Hishon, Peter forsberg, Antropov and more). And NJ I believe wanted him, if NJ picked him we wouldn't be having any of these jokes.
If Calgary hadn't traded picks w/ Buffalo and Buffalo had been the team to draft him at 21 I don't think we'd have the jokes either...(and I admit that i'm one of those making the jokes )

I think it started b/c of the sense that there were a number of players available at 14 who could have helped Calgary a lot...and the Flames are a team that could use some help right now. Instead, they traded the pick...also, I think there was a perception that when Calgary did pick at 21 there were players available who ought to have been preferred over Jankowski.

All of this was compounded by Feaster's praise of Jankowski's potential immediately after he was picked - which seemed a little "over the top" given Jankowski's history/level of experience.

In any event - as I noted above - had Buffalo picked J @ 21 I'm not sure the criticism would have been as great.

Also - don't underestimate the appetite of Canadians to make fun of each other's teams. Had this involved, say, the Carolina Hurricanes rather than the Calgary Flames, I think the "joke" (if there was one at all) would have long exhausted itself a long time ago.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 12:09 AM
  #221
Beerfest*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 View Post
He was expected to be a third round pick was he not? Or a second rounder. Definitely not a 1st round pick anyways, hence all the jokes.
Other teams were going to take in the first round, so thats false.

Beerfest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 12:14 AM
  #222
FoppaForsberg*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
If Calgary hadn't traded picks w/ Buffalo and Buffalo had been the team to draft him at 21 I don't think we'd have the jokes either...(and I admit that i'm one of those making the jokes )

I think it started b/c of the sense that there were a number of players available at 14 who could have helped Calgary a lot...and the Flames are a team that could use some help right now. Instead, they traded the pick...also, I think there was a perception that when Calgary did pick at 21 there were players available who ought to have been preferred over Jankowski.

All of this was compounded by Feaster's praise of Jankowski's potential immediately after he was picked - which seemed a little "over the top" given Jankowski's history/level of experience.

In any event - as I noted above - had Buffalo picked J @ 21 I'm not sure the criticism would have been as great.

Also - don't underestimate the appetite of Canadians to make fun of each other's teams. Had this involved, say, the Carolina Hurricanes rather than the Calgary Flames, I think the "joke" (if there was one at all) would have long exhausted itself a long time ago.
True, I was very mad when Feaster traded down when there was still very good players on the board, espically defensemen. ( We lack D prospects outside of Brodie/Sieloff). But now I'm more comfortable because Jankowski could either one day fill the #1C position in the future, or.... he could not. However the potential is there, something no other player left on the board had. He's a big risk, but there's also potentially big reward. And I understand the jokes, however it's spreading like wildfire, something I didn't anticipate.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 12:16 AM
  #223
Trae
____________________
 
Trae's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,350
vCash: 500
Not sure how much he is being utilized on center, a little concerning to me... I noticed he played LW this last game, hopefully this isn't the case all season. Anybody know if he's played center yet this season?

Trae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 12:18 AM
  #224
Beerfest*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Not sure how much he is being utilized on center, a little concerning to me... He played LW this last game, hopefully this isn't the case all season. Anybody know if he's played center yet this season?
I think starting him at LW is fine. Asking him to center the top line as a recently turned 18 year old in the NCAA is asking a lot. From what i've read hes still playing top line minutes. As long as he keeps getting decent minutes im fine with it.

Beerfest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 12:26 AM
  #225
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,219
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 View Post
He was expected to be a third round pick was he not? Or a second rounder. Definitely not a 1st round pick anyways, hence all the jokes.
He was projected as high as 14th so no he was nit expected to be a 3rd rounder.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.