*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Spitsfan67*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muh View Post
Hey fellas, I see NHLN is carrying this Knights/Otters game today.

Never seen an OHL game before, but I will be watching this. Who should I keep an eye on for both teams?
For Erie Mcdavid # 97 some compare him to Crosby, For London Seth Griffith and Max Domi who is Tie Domi's boy.

Old
10-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Muh
Beadle

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Knights: Domi, Zadorov and Horvat. 3 likely 1st rounds pick in the 2013 draft. Seth Griffith, Scott Harrington and Olli Maatta are solid veterans drafted by NHL teams.

Erie: Connor McDavid is obvious, the hype is already crazy for this 15 year old. Also Oscar Dansk, 31st overall in 2012 draft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
For Erie Mcdavid # 97 some compare him to Crosby, For London Seth Griffith and Max Domi who is Tie Domi's boy.
Thanks guys.

Yeah once the game started I recognized a few that you mentioned, but will keep an eye on some of the others.

Old
10-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muh View Post
Thanks guys.

Yeah once the game started I recognized a few that you mentioned, but will keep an eye on some of the others.
Yup No problem enjoy the game, you should see why some people(me included) like CHL hockey more then NHL hockey.

Old
10-19-2012, 06:31 PM
SidTheKid8787

Decided to check this game out.
Obviously Maata and Harrington, i wanted to see but this McDavid kid is stealing the show. Special player.

Old
10-19-2012, 10:32 PM
KnightsInsider93

Joke of a game. Everybody except Tierney Anderson and Horvat were non existent. Need some changes in the lines. Welychka does not work with the Ruperts, needs to play with Broadhurst. Defense all played good. Maatta and Ferry were kind of quiet. Loved Raine and Zadorov playing together. Hard shooting and Heavy Hitting.

Better Buck up for Barrie. If not, Scheifele, Zach Hall, Anthony Camara and company will make a laughing stock out of the London Knights who in my opinion showed tonight why they fell out of the CHL top 10 rankings.

Old
10-19-2012, 11:00 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Dale...in case you were wondering:

http://www.hockeyplayer.com/paid/pub...icle_549.shtml

Quote:
The center and right wing forecheck the puck aggressively, forcing the opposition towards the left side of the ice, and as much as possible take away the middle of the ice by forcing the opposition to use the boards.
What Erie did all game long

Quote:
Focus the breakout towards your opponent’s right side, where you will now gain the advantage in the “forehand vs. backhand” theory, as well as disrupt the opponent’s set-up formation.
What the Knights didn't do

You're welcome.

Old
10-20-2012, 06:58 AM
JL17

Just looking at the bench last night Dale looks disinterest from my view... and his team his following his lead right now because alot of players seem to want to watch rather then get their nose dirty.

Horvat parked his butt in the crease on the PP last week and we have success on the PP... Horvat didn't see much if any PP time and not was parked infront of the net. Griffith is you sniper why is he on the point being the play maker?? Both Ruperts up front again.... While we have Horvat, Domi, Broadhurst, Teirney sitting on the bench. Alot more offense in that group then what's on the ice.

Tierney-Anderson-Horvat were the best Knights on the ice.

Maatta got sent a message play better or you get to play with Ferry... the latter happened.

All in all pretty piss poor performance on national television.

Old
10-20-2012, 08:23 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post

Tierney-Anderson-Horvat were the best Knights on the ice.
C'mon..what game were you watching...Anderson was good..Tierney was inconsistent and Horvat was invisible.

Now you know why I'm bald.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:07 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
C'mon..what game were you watching...Anderson was good..Tierney was inconsistent and Horvat was invisible.

I know what u mean the way the Spits are playing this year so inconsistent,by the end of the year I will combing my hair with a sponge

Old
10-20-2012, 09:21 AM
sportnut

Quote:

Anderson was by far London's best player last night. If the kid wants in the NHL, he has to bring that speed every game.
Too many individuals in last night's game.
The Ruperts were not involved at all. They need to bring more to the table. I am not impress by their play so far this season.
4th line played maybe a couple of minutes. They can't get involved and make things happen when they aren't playing. Some nights, Dale needs to remind his vets that the other kids can and will take their spot if they aren't up to par. That simple!

Old
10-20-2012, 09:27 AM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportnut View Post
Anderson was by far London's best player last night. If the kid wants in the NHL, he has to bring that speed every game.
Too many individuals in last night's game.
The Ruperts were not involved at all. They need to bring more to the table. I am not impress by their play so far this season.
4th line played maybe a couple of minutes. They can't get involved and make things happen when they aren't playing. Some nights, Dale needs to remind his vets that the other kids can and will take their spot if they aren't up to par. That simple!
Ruperts were trying to get involved... 10 minutes to go in the third and they're coming in elbows up for checks 4 or 5 times...

Anderson IMO will be a NHLer before some on this team that are more sought after then him.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:28 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I know what u mean the way the Spits are playing this year so inconsistent,by the end of the year I will combing my hair with a sponge
Sarcasm doesn't really show well on these boards...my post was a direct jab at a post from another forum...but I know what you mean HL11.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:31 AM
sportnut

Quote:
Ruperts were trying to get involved... 10 minutes to go in the third and they're coming in elbows up for checks 4 or 5 times...

Anderson IMO will be a NHLer before some on this team that are more sought after then him.
I agree. He is an intelligent player with speed... always a need for those!
Others seem to think there already in the NHL with nothing to prove...wrong! You are only has good has your last shift. There is always something to prove and I don't see a lot of these kids playing that way at the moment.

I am sure that things will change because they just have to much talent.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:17 AM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:

They were the best players for the Knights. Which didn't take much to do. Tierney picked somebody's pocket 4 times on the back check. Just couldn't buy a goal. Anderson and Horvat still played good. The rest just played awful, making them look better.

Old
10-20-2012, 12:12 PM
KnightsInsider93

CHANGE THE LINES BACK TO WHAT THEY WERE!
Rupert Rupert Griffith
Welychka Broadhurst Domi
Horvat Tierney Anderson
Restoule Elie Platzer

As far as Lineups this weekend go, My source says He thinks the lineup (as far as scratches go) should be the same tonight in Barrie as they were vs. Erie. Minus a possible goalie change. He thinks that a bunch of the new guys (Pawley, Liberati and Jammes) will dress in Sudbury. Yes Jammes is ready to go. He did say this before the loss to Erie in what was a joke performance from the knights, so there is no way in telling if the plans have changed because of it.

Old
10-20-2012, 02:30 PM
JL17

If Patterson goes in tonight management is out to screw him big time. His game is tomorrow night.

What really were the lines

Best lines London has displayed this year...

Domi-Anderson-Horvat
Tierney-Anderson-Horvat
Griffith-Broadhurst-Welychka

There is a common theme... When Anderson and Horvat are together things usually go well.

Something that would go over well would be Austin Watson dropped out of the clouds and onto line with the Ruperts... This team is lacking someone or two upfront that can lead by example thats older.... Watson/Knight did it last year. Anderson and Horvat seem to be doing what they can but it isn't nearly as effective as a 19/20 year old doing it.

Old
10-20-2012, 05:19 PM
KnightsInsider93

Bad performances last night led to lineup changes tonight.

Jake Patterson will Start! (See above when I said this earlier today)
Jacob Jammes and Corey Pawley (Who were originally supposed to play tomorrow @Sudbury) are both in the lineup because of the bad performances last night.

Old
10-20-2012, 05:24 PM
KnightsInsider93

Scratches: Brett Welychka, Adam Restoule, Jack Nevins, Miles Liberati

I told you. Brett Welychka would be the odd man out. He does NOT perform with the Ruperts. He needs to be on the line with Alex Broadhurst.

Ryan and Matt Rupert have been split up as well.

Old
10-20-2012, 05:33 PM
JL17

So these line up changes do nothing to actually sit the players that are the problem... Restoule and Welychka are the problems... benching a Rupert or two or Griffith will send messages.. sitting down those 2 means nothing. Pawley and JJ will see limited minutes IMO... I'm happy to see them play but they're in for the wrong people. Welychka can play on any line with this team and proved he can play... sitting him right now is making very little sense... The kid gives it every shift.

Good luck Patterson... facing a high scoring team and maybe the best in the league right now. Talk about really trying to kill the kids confidence. He's been put in nothing but ****** situations. I hope to god he doesn't get shelled or it's over for him in a Knights uniform.

Old
10-20-2012, 05:54 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Good luck Patterson... facing a high scoring team and maybe the best in the league right now. Talk about really trying to kill the kids confidence. He's been put in nothing but ****** situations. I hope to god he doesn't get shelled or it's over for him in a Knights uniform.
Jake Patterson is just as ready to go as Kevin Bailie. If not more ready. We'll see.

Welychka has shown he can't perform with many players on this team. They've tried him with everyone never worked except for when playing with Domi and Broadhurst. The line (Welychka Rupert Rupert) No matter what people say. "Welychka is a third Rupert. (LFP) He is not even close to a 3rd Rupert. Yeah they hang out in the summer, grew up playing against each other, and attend Leafs Development camp together But they have total different playing styles! No matter how much Dale wants Brett to be more of a Rupert (Pesty, Hard hitting) He is not that player, and will not be that player.

If you want to maximize his offensive upside, play him with Broadhurst, If not, move him. Windsor would love him, he could be a 2nd Clarke as those to also hang out in the summer. (Joke)

Old
10-20-2012, 06:00 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Jake Patterson is just as ready to go as Kevin Bailie. If not more ready. We'll see.

Welychka has shown he can't perform with many players on this team. They've tried him with everyone never worked except for when playing with Domi and Broadhurst. The line (Welychka Rupert Rupert) No matter what people say. "Welychka is a third Rupert. (LFP) He is not even close to a 3rd Rupert. Yeah they hang out in the summer, grew up playing against each other, and attend Leafs Development camp together But they have total different playing styles! No matter how much Dale wants Brett to be more of a Rupert (Pesty, Hard hitting) He is not that player, and will not be that player.

If you want to maximize his offensive upside, play him with Broadhurst, If not, move him. Windsor would love him, he could be a 2nd Clarke as those to also hang out in the summer. (Joke)
Patterson maybe ready to go but not playing a game in 6 weeks will say something different. Especially against a team with this much offense and pressure.

Welychka isn't a Rupert he's a smarter player then that. I don't think you'll see most people saying that he is.. aside from a select few ....

Old
10-20-2012, 06:08 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:

While I am not a London fan,I keep close tabs on this club,and I am very surprised to see Patterson starting against one of the best in the league,would have started him tomorrow against Sudbury
I know the Knights are really high on this guy,in fact I have been told he is to be the starter by next season at the latest,not Herbst
As for Welychka in Windsor I would take him,like his speed and grit,who would u take

Old
10-20-2012, 06:14 PM
KnightsInsider93

Windsor has nothing for London.
Knights looking for a Complimentary piece for Griffith, a 7th Defender and a Grit Experienced forward (Petes F and Strathroy native Derek Mathers fits the bill)

Old
10-20-2012, 09:12 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Windsor has nothing for London.
Knights looking for a Complimentary piece for Griffith, a 7th Defender and a Grit Experienced forward (Petes F and Strathroy native Derek Mathers fits the bill)
While I see London has needs like
everybody else I dont think Welychka is the 2nd coming,I just like the kid and if the Knights dont use him properly Windsor might

Old
10-20-2012, 09:14 PM
hockeylegend11

Congrats to Patterson on the win great pressure start for the youngster,coming thru in flying colors,Knights might be ok in goal

Closed Thread