Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Moncton Wildcats

Old
10-19-2012, 09:53 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
we'll see i guess. i dont wish them bad luck and harship. i guess it depends what your opinion of solid prospects is. if your idea of a good prospect is someone that will play major junior, then yes, all those players are good prospects. if your idea of a good prospect is someone for example that could be a top 2 dman, and top line forward. Sorry, but then we disagree on those players.

nonetheless, for all their sake (and yours! as a fan!) i hope they get it going soon!!! a game tonight against PEI is probably not the best thing they could have gotten, but i hope they figure it out!! they havent had any luck against PEI.
A good prospect is someone I think can make the team. I don't think they're going to be top lines players next season but definately good shot at making the team. On another note, our play has progressed in the last few games , the win against Bathurst was a good confidence booster too. Hopefully we can turn things around tonight and get a win against pei.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 11:22 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
A good prospect is someone I think can make the team. I don't think they're going to be top lines players next season but definately good shot at making the team. On another note, our play has progressed in the last few games , the win against Bathurst was a good confidence booster too. Hopefully we can turn things around tonight and get a win against pei.
if they can finally get a convincing win against PEI, it might be what the doctor ordered!!!

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 08:51 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
if they can finally get a convincing win against PEI, it might be what the doctor ordered!!!
Not the case, came out flat and were trailing 3-0 after two periods. Can't blame the officiating but it was the worse game I've seen in 6 or 7 years. Absolutely brutal, an embarassment to the league! The refs made it impossible for a 3rd period comeback , they looked like amateurs out there

Old
10-19-2012, 10:59 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Would Flynn seriously consider blowing this team up ?

They remind me of the 08-09 Seadogs..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 11:09 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Would Flynn seriously consider blowing this team up ?

They remind me of the 08-09 Seadogs..
no I have a feeling these guys will still put all the eggs into this seasons basket.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 08:04 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
no I have a feeling these guys will still put all the eggs into this seasons basket.
I'm not sure that's the best idea...

It's a 3 team race.

If they chose to blow things up they'd be competitive for years...

Their players would fetch a ton...

Old
10-20-2012, 10:33 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

If the Wildcats are playing like they are now come Christmas time , I don't think we have a choice. Unless we pick things up and start playing like a team , which I think can still happen, we'd be better off sellers. We've got talent but we're not playing like a contender.

Old
10-20-2012, 01:23 PM
RJQuack

I'm all for Moncton selling. Our defense has been great but if we could get Racine to replace Duke I'd love that.

KA - Racine
Gillard - Gazzola
Lewis - Hardie/Weegar

yessir

But I think there's too much talent on Moncton to keep sucking. They lack depth on offense, but have a lot of fresh faces and may (clearly need) take time to gel.

Old
10-20-2012, 01:37 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
I'm all for Moncton selling. Our defense has been great but if we could get Racine to replace Duke I'd love that.

KA - Racine
Gillard - Gazzola
Lewis - Hardie/Weegar

yessir

But I think there's too much talent on Moncton to keep sucking. They lack depth on offense, but have a lot of fresh faces and may (clearly need) take time to gel.
I agree. Personally I see them starting to win 70% of their games soon. 14 new faces this season and 17 new players that have less than a year with the team. That's a massive turn over that will require a significant amount of time to develop chemistry.

Old
10-20-2012, 01:48 PM
rocketfan

its goin into a month in the season how much time do they need? really though I mean other teams have new players also I think its time for Flynn to be done behind the bench

rocketfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 03:53 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfan View Post
its goin into a month in the season how much time do they need? really though I mean other teams have new players also I think its time for Flynn to be done behind the bench
2-3 months.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:56 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfan View Post
Other teams have 3,4,5 or 6 newcomers not 14 or 15. It's a big difference adding a few players into a lineup. Having 14 new faces means you have to teach an entire team your systems and chemistry will take time. Danny Flynn is a proven coach and a very smart hockey person that will get this team winning. I don't know how much time exactly but do you think Moncton dosn't have the talent to be among the league's top teams ?

Old
10-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Revo

Quote:
Other teams have 3,4,5 or 6 newcomers not 14 or 15. It's a big difference adding a few players into a lineup. Having 14 new faces means you have to teach an entire team your systems and chemistry will take time. Danny Flynn is a proven coach and a very smart hockey person that will get this team winning. I don't know how much time exactly but do you think Moncton dosn't have the talent to be among the league's top teams ?
That's the exact reason why it's abnormal for Moncton to be that bad. Chemistry fully built or not, you're not supposed to only have Sherbrooke, Shawinigan and Gatineau (having an even more terrible start) with fewer goals scored. Nor are you supposed to only have Saint John, Cape Breton and Sherbrooke with more goals allowed.

P.S. Didn't look at other teams, but if you want to go that way, the Remparts have 13 «new faces». Are they having a bottom feeder rythm?

Revo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 07:39 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo View Post
That's the exact reason why it's abnormal for Moncton to be that bad. Chemistry fully built or not, you're not supposed to only have Sherbrooke, Shawinigan and Gatineau (having an even more terrible start) with fewer goals scored. Nor are you supposed to only have Saint John, Cape Breton and Sherbrooke with more goals allowed.

P.S. Didn't look at other teams, but if you want to go that way, the Remparts have 13 «new faces». Are they having a bottom feeder rythm?
I don't really understand the top paragraph/argument ... Unless your suggesting they're just underachieving and will pick things up like I mentioned. As far as Quebec having 13 "new faces" , good for them. Not all teams are the same, different coaching , styles, systems etc....

Old
10-20-2012, 08:36 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Prospects Stats

2012 Draft:

2nd rd Gagne(16) MAAA St Eustache 8 GP 3-3-6 2 PIMs
3rd rd McCabe(16) Jr.A Summerside 6 GP 0-1-1 16 PIMs
3rd rd Pugsley(16) Jr.A Amherst 5 GP 0-7-7 8 PIMs
5th rd Beaudoin(16) MAAA St Eustache 8 GP 1-4-5 16 PIMs
6th rd Garland(16) Jr.A Muskegon USHL 1 GP 0-0-0
8th rd Gray(16) MAAA St.John 4 GP 1-3-4 4 PIMs
9th rd Simpson(17) Jr.A Dieppe 5 GP 0-4-4 0 PIMs
11th Stavert(17) Jr.A Summerside 5 GP 0-0-0 0 PIMs

Other Prospects:

Bradley(17) MAAA Moncton 4 GP 6-6-12 4 PIMs
Belliveau(17) Jr.A Dieppe 5 GP 0-0-0 0 PIMs
Bernier(18) Jr.A Dieppe 5 GP 0-0-0 0 PIMs
Arthur(18) Jr.A Amherst 6 GP 2-0-2 2 PIMs
Whitlock(17) Jr.A Woodstock 5 GP 1-0-1 6 PIMs
Grant(17) MAAA Cornwall 3 GP 0-2-1 6.16 GAA .833%
Pitre(17) MAAA Chateauguay 9 GP 5-13-18 30 PIMs
Power(18) Jr.A Miramichi 4 GP 0-1-1 4 PIMs
Vatrano(18) Jr.A Boston Jr 0 GP
Matheson(18) NCAA Boston Coll 1gp 0-0-0 4 PIMs
Beckwith(18) Jr.A Dieppe 5gp 0-3-3 0 PIMs
Holmes(19) Jr.A Weeks 7 GP 2-5-7 9 PIMs
Thomas(19) Jr.A Summerside 4 GP 2-2-4 10 PIMs
Young(17) MAAA Dartmouth 3 GP 3-1-4 0 PIMs
Spears(17) MAAA CB West 4 GP 2-2-4 4 PIMs
Tremblay(17) CEGEP Ste Hyacinthe 6 GP 2-0-2
Lemieux(17) Jr.A St Jerome 5 GP 1-0-1 2 PIMs

Old
10-20-2012, 08:45 PM
RJQuack

Quote:

yes but the players Quebec do return, are important ones. They return most of their top six and top D. Their core (Grigs, Erne, Shaw, Duclair, Sorensen, Culkin, Lefebvre) are back. Whereas Moncton are trying to put 3 top six forwards (Jaskin, Barb, Veilleux) and 2 top pair D (racine, Narbonne) into the system... Even goalie Dubeau too.

Flinn's system can be very different aswell, as he likes the two-way defensive system...

You never know how guys will gel.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:02 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
yes but the players Quebec do return, are important ones. They return most of their top six and top D. Their core (Grigs, Erne, Shaw, Duclair, Sorensen, Culkin, Lefebvre) are back. Whereas Moncton are trying to put 3 top six forwards (Jaskin, Barb, Veilleux) and 2 top pair D (racine, Narbonne) into the system... Even goalie Dubeau too.

Flinn's system can be very different aswell, as he likes the two-way defensive system...

You never know how guys will gel.
This sums it up, Quebec had a smaller facelift.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:30 PM
Revo

Quote:
I don't really understand the top paragraph/argument ... Unless your suggesting they're just underachieving and will pick things up like I mentioned. As far as Quebec having 13 "new faces" , good for them. Not all teams are the same, different coaching , styles, systems etc....
I do believe they will pick things up at least to some extent... but I also feel there's too much emphasis put on the «building chemistry» argument. A talented and mature team can't have «chemistry» as the most prominent excuse for playing a point over 0.400, in my opinion it is way too heavy of an underachievement to be put on that account 2 months after the camps started. If the chemistry isn't at least decent by now (and if it is the cause of the slow start), lack of time may not be the problem, and more time may not be the solution.

@HalifaxDucks: You don't have to tell me the differences, I know them, my point merely was that it is incorrect to say other teams have 3 to 6 newcomers. I'm sure I could have found other teams with more new faces that have important roles, it was just easier to talk of what I'm closer of.

Revo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 04:59 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
I do believe they will pick things up at least to some extent... but I also feel there's too much emphasis put on the «building chemistry» argument. A talented and mature team can't have «chemistry» as the most prominent excuse for playing a point over 0.400, in my opinion it is way too heavy of an underachievement to be put on that account 2 months after the camps started. If the chemistry isn't at least decent by now (and if it is the cause of the slow start), lack of time may not be the problem, and more time may not be the solution.

@HalifaxDucks: You don't have to tell me the differences, I know them, my point merely was that it is incorrect to say other teams have 3 to 6 newcomers. I'm sure I could have found other teams with more new faces that have important roles, it was just easier to talk of what I'm closer of.
i got a chance to speak with a wildcats player today, according to him and he wears a letter on his jersey, its not going well in the room either. by his estimation, about 10-12 players can't stand to play for Flynn.
when you dont have a very talented team, you can ask/demand defensive play 100% of the time. When you ask skilled players - saulnier's, barbashev, jaskin, veilleux, etc..etc to play defensive hockey 100% of the time, your going to have very unhappy players. That was the players summary of the situation.

my guess at this point.....flynn won't change.. coaches dont change, midseason, because if you do, you lose even more credibility. Irving will have to decide between the roster he has paid dearly for, or his good friend Flynn. One of them won't make it the whole year unless there is a tremendous change of hearts by the players all of a sudden.

Old
10-21-2012, 09:20 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ;55157285[B
]i got a chance to speak with a wildcats player today, according to him and he wears a letter on his jersey, its not going well in the room either. by his estimation, about 10-12 players can't stand to play for Flynn.
when you dont have a very talented team, you can ask/demand defensive play 100% of the time. When you ask skilled players - saulnier's, barbashev, jaskin, veilleux, etc..etc to play defensive hockey 100% of the time, your going to have very unhappy players. That was the players summary of the situation.[/B]

my guess at this point.....flynn won't change.. coaches dont change, midseason, because if you do, you lose even more credibility. Irving will have to decide between the roster he has paid dearly for, or his good friend Flynn. One of them won't make it the whole year unless there is a tremendous change of hearts by the players all of a sudden.
Every year there are going to be some players at points in the season upset with their coach. Coaching isn't an easy task. As far as a player coming out and saying it , I don't think so. I'm sure alot of people, including myself, can see the players,coaches and owner is frustrated. I'm sorry but I don't believe that for a second. A player isn't going to come out and discuss internal problems. Especially one wearing a letter on their jersey.
I do agree come Christmas time if we don't have a winning record, a change is needed somewhere.

Old
10-21-2012, 08:53 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Who would be the biggest buyer if Moncton were to sell ?

Old
10-22-2012, 06:03 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Every year there are going to be some players at points in the season upset with their coach. Coaching isn't an easy task. As far as a player coming out and saying it , I don't think so. I'm sure alot of people, including myself, can see the players,coaches and owner is frustrated. I'm sorry but I don't believe that for a second. A player isn't going to come out and discuss internal problems. Especially one wearing a letter on their jersey.
I do agree come Christmas time if we don't have a winning record, a change is needed somewhere.
you dont have to believe me...and i dont need you to believe me!
i know who i spoke with, and, i told you what he said.

Old
10-22-2012, 03:38 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Some players will speak out...

But it's ballsy...

Old
10-23-2012, 06:20 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Some players will speak out...

But it's ballsy...

players will speak out to someone they know and trust. What they wont do is speak out in the papers or in the media. If it's true they can't stand playing for him, they are just not going to play for him. This road trip will say alot. i wish them the best....they obviously have the talent and i'd love to see them do well!

Old
10-23-2012, 12:08 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
players will speak out to someone they know and trust. What they wont do is speak out in the papers or in the media. If it's true they can't stand playing for him, they are just not going to play for him. This road trip will say alot. i wish them the best....they obviously have the talent and i'd love to see them do well!
Players do speak out in the media....