HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/20: Hamilton Bulldogs @ Toronto Marlies (7 PM ET) - On TVA Sports/Sportsnet

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2012, 09:53 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Part of the learning process.. I thought St-Denis Beaulieu and Holland looked decent, others were bad..

Old
10-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Et le But

Well, at least Beaulieu and Holland continue to show promise.

Old
10-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Valois

Yeah I mean I saw a lot of potential to be fair, I'm excited for the team in the long run.

Old
10-20-2012, 10:15 PM
domdo345

St-Denis looked like a pro compared to the others. Continued to play the way he had to the whole game, despite trailing 5-0.

Leblanc played well before his injury, but would be beneficial for him to play with skilled players.

Beaulieu was decent but LOT of learning to do. He certainly won't pull a Subban. AT LEAST 1.5 years in the AHL for him I think.

Tinordi was good and IMO, he will be in the NHL much sooner than we think.

Pateryn was dreadful.

Did not notice Gallagher much, but it's definitely not the style of game that will help him get noticed. Broken plays and not much space.

Holland was pretty good offensively.

Nash had a rough night but tried to be physical at least.

That's pretty much what I noted from the game. If you guys want to ask me something, you have 15 mins before I log out in sefl-drunkness-protection.

Old
10-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Jigger77

Well, that thoroughly sucked. And a potentially serious injury to boot, hopefully Louis is ok.

I wish I could find something positive, but it was just brutal execution from start to finish. People are saying St-Denis looked good, I guess he was sort of ok. They must have missed that 2 on 1 goal where he should have had the puck at the blue line and then dove into the faceoff circle taking himself completely out of the play.

Anyway, just one game and they're a bunch of kids most just taking their first steps in pro hockey, it's to be expected.

Old
10-20-2012, 10:24 PM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Well, that thoroughly sucked. And a potentially serious injury to boot, hopefully Louis is ok.

I wish I could find something positive, but it was just brutal execution from start to finish. People are saying St-Denis looked good, I guess he was sort of ok. They must have missed that 2 on 1 goal where he should have had the puck at the blue line and then dove into the faceoff circle taking himself completely out of the play.

Anyway, just one game and they're a bunch of kids most just taking their first steps in pro hockey, it's to be expected.
I think it's pretty lame to blame a defensemen for not playing well a 2vs1. 2vs1 should not happen. Bad read by Beaulieu, no third man high, and a bad bounce is the result of the goal, not St-Denis's play.

Old
10-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sda View Post
Kadri has been much better than Leblanc before his injury
On the perimeter maybe....Kadri has bust written all over him. Many discouraging signs including coach calling him out for showing up out of shape. And that's in a summer in which he supposedly trained hard with Roberts. He's got some dangle but that's about it.

Not saying that he's ready for NHL, but Beaulieu impressed me with his skating and poise with the puck.

Old
10-20-2012, 10:34 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
I think it's pretty lame to blame a defensemen for not playing well a 2vs1. 2vs1 should not happen. Bad read by Beaulieu, no third man high, and a bad bounce is the result of the goal, not St-Denis's play.
He should have had that puck at the blue line. He played it safe instead, and then instead of blocking the passing lane he dove towards the right and ended up on the faceoff circle completely out of position. You're right though, it wasn't only his fault. It was just a debacle tonight.

Old
10-20-2012, 10:42 PM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 72
Well.... good game from a Leaf Fan (I Know....). I really wish we had Gallagher.... kid is going to be a beauty. Delmas made some unreal saves. Bealieau (sp?) will be a good 3rd d-man.

On our side.... Kadri has unreal vision, Gardiner is too good for the AHL, Hamilton is a great leader, and we have minor league beast Aucoin (3 assists) on our team.

Looks like we could have a fun rivalry this season. God Knows we haven't seen it in the NHL lately.... I mean, the Habs aren't even a challenge

Old
10-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Game

This is what I noticed tonight from the game on TVA:

Nathan Beaulieu looked good offensively. Nice rushes and decent passes. However, he was a huge liability on defense. He made some fairly bad decisions and got caught out of position at least 5 times, leading to 2 on 1 rushes for the Marlies. He has to learn when to pinch in. He has a lot of learning to do, at least 2 or 3 seasons in the AHL.

Gallagher was buzzing all night. He had a golden opportunity to score on the PP, but his shot was saved by the goalie. I don't think he was expecting that cross ice pass though. Nice speed and good hustle. He looked good offensively. I don't understand why he isn't used on the first wave of the PP.

Holland is excellent at controlling the puck, and he has good vision. Makes nice passes on the PP, and he always finds his way to the front of the net, allowing him to take advantage of loose pucks.

Tinordi was ok tonight. The game was going a little fast for him in the beginning, and he was on the ice for one of the Marlies goals. He does move well for a big guy.

I really enjoyed Bournival's game tonight. He has excellent speed and he's always hustling on the ice, very implicated in the game.

Dumont deserves some recognition. He clearly doesn't shy away from the physical play. He's real quick too. He could be a spark plug for the Habs on the fourth line as a center this year, if we have a season.

Quailer, Nash, and Pateryn were only ok tonight. St-Denis was also stable on the back end, nothing fancy.

Was expecting more from Palushaj, Blunden and Geoffrion.

Old
10-20-2012, 10:49 PM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
Well.... good game from a Leaf Fan (I Know....). I really wish we had Gallagher.... kid is going to be a beauty. Delmas made some unreal saves. Bealieau (sp?) will be a good 3rd d-man.

On our side.... Kadri has unreal vision, Gardiner is too good for the AHL, Hamilton is a great leader, and we have minor league beast Aucoin (3 assists) on our team.

Looks like we could have a fun rivalry this season. God Knows we haven't seen it in the NHL lately.... I mean, the Habs aren't even a challenge
Kadri is gonna bust

Old
10-20-2012, 11:06 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
All I saw was a young team with no idea how to play defensive coverage in their own zone.

Pateryn kept coming over to an already engaged player to leave his own guy open in the slot.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:18 PM
TroyM

Haha, first taste of TV hockey didn't taste as sweet as I hoped. Was fun to watch though nonetheless. Came away impressed with Holland and St. Denis. One expected, one a pleasant surprise. Nobody else really stood out positively aside from Delmas, but that's okay. It was one game!

Old
10-20-2012, 11:21 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
All I saw was a young team with no idea how to play defensive coverage in their own zone.

Pateryn kept coming over to an already engaged player to leave his own guy open in the slot.
Pateryn and tinordi kept doubling up behind the net chasing the same player. I think that's how the 1st or 2nd goal happened. Looked brutal.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:37 PM
Aurel Joliat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Part of the learning process.. I thought St-Denis Beaulieu and Holland looked decent, others were bad..
I think Holland was really bad tonight...

I hope to see more Bulldogs games on Sportsnet One it was really fun to watch !

Old
10-20-2012, 11:41 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Well, that was a brutal game for the Dogs

I'll echo what others say and was impressed with Holland. I honestly didn't expect him to be able to play a good two way game right away like he does. Gallagher didn't do much, he might need an adaptation period with the pros. Bournival was pretty good, so was Dumont, two very energic players. Hagel and Stortini really are giant punching bags..

Leblanc is the Dogs best player but that wasn't a very good game from him. Hopefully the injury isn't severe. Geoffrion looks better in the AHL than NHL, he might be the kind of player that gets stuck between the two, same with big Blunden. Meanwhile Palushaj was a no show, he should be a leader and key player on that team.

Beaulieu looks like he has all the tools but he was out of position a couple of times. St. Denis is the Dogs' best defensemen. Tinordi imho looks a bit clumsy out there but he plays a sound game. Nash, Pateryn and Corbin were pretty bad. I hope Nash gets his timing back, he was promising two years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game
Dumont deserves some recognition. He clearly doesn't shy away from the physical play. He's real quick too. He could be a spark plug for the Habs on the fourth line as a center this year, if we have a season.
He's the successor to Max Lapierre and Steve Begin. No really I think he'll be an NHLer.

Old
10-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So happy to have Holland in the system.

Old
10-21-2012, 12:16 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
I'm pretty high on Dumont, so to see him fight a 6'2 and handle himself quite well while getting a few shots in, I just can't say enough about him. The team gave up a few goals quickly and they needed a spark. Dumont is 5'9 so it was quite a size mismatch.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
10-21-2012, 12:26 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
On a side-note..

Can SOMEONE teach these kids how to one-time a puck?

Thanks.

Old
10-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Roulin

I thought Beaulieu and St Denis were good, they were moving the puck through the neutral zone well.

Gallagher showed some of his hand skills, but I thought his anticipation was off. He was playing a lot smarter at the WJC. Hopefully he'll adjust soon.

Old
10-21-2012, 12:48 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I'm pretty high on Dumont, so to see him fight a 6'2 and handle himself quite well while getting a few shots in, I just can't say enough about him. The team gave up a few goals quickly and they needed a spark. Dumont is 5'9 so it was quite a size mismatch.
That little guy has alot of charactere and a very big heart.. I wouldnt be surprised if Dumont makes the team when the NHL resume, Leblanc is possibly out for a while and he wasnt playing like a NHLer before his injury anyway, Im not the biggest Geoffrion fan and Palushaj is possibly a carreer AHLer, the guy lacks something to play in the big league.. Gallagher well, he is certainly not an option at this point, I think he is struggling big time right now to make the transition.. So Dumont has great chances to make the team on the bottom 6 and to be honest, it would be quite deserved!

Old
10-21-2012, 01:22 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Here we go again, fans thinking it's the end of the world after a bad loss.

You guys need to chill about Leblanc.

We all know the kid will play in the NHL, it's just a matter of when will he hit his ceiling.

For those saying he won't amount to more than a third liner, I'd like to point out he was doing just that last year for MTL. All be it on a rather weak Canadiens team, 27th overall to be more precise as you are all probably aware, but hey he was still on a 3rd line in the NHL at 20 years old after coming back from a shoulder surgery.

Old
10-21-2012, 01:25 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Here we go again, fans thinking it's the end of the world after a bad loss.

You guys need to chill about Leblanc.

We all know the kid will play in the NHL, it's just a matter of when will he hit his ceiling.

For those saying he won't amount to more than a third liner, I'd like to point out he was doing just that last year for MTL. All be it on a rather weak Canadiens team, 27th overall to be more precise as you are all probably aware, but hey he was still on a 3rd line in the NHL at 20 years old after coming back from a shoulder surgery.
I really don't see anyone overreacting about the loss or leblanc.

Old
10-21-2012, 02:04 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

I thought Beaulieu was more than ok or good, he really impressed me. He certainly can move well, and he was constantly positioning himself in good scoring areas. His feet were moving all the time, he was hard to cover. He just couldn't, like the rest of the team, shoot the puck whenever it was on his stick.

All those whiffs and mishandling of the puck were really painful to watch. The only forwards I noticed were Dumont and Holland. Gallagher had one or two decent moment. The rest had a painful game. Tinordi and Pateryn had a really rough game, but they're learning. They're the only pairing with 0 pro experience. They have the tools but they really need to play smarter, both of them.

And I don't know if it's only me, but the worst team tonight wasn't the Bulldogs, it was TVA's broadcasting team. This whole thing was a mess. Commentators fading in and out, I had constant glitches (choppy frame rate) and midway through the third, they fade out to some commentator while the play is still going on.

Old
10-21-2012, 02:39 AM

Glad I went to a paki restaurant instead of watching the game at home. My angus is not peppered though.

Closed Thread