HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Part XII: Connor Brown is a Steal

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2012, 09:21 PM
#Chychrun2016

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The K Man View Post
You sure he's done for the game? I think it's just a misconduct.
Not sure, but he's so important to the team, can't be taking bad penalties. Did you notice how when he left Lethbridge tied the game?

edit: Fioretti makes it 2-1 MJ

Old
10-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Yeah..I'm not sure even Weber knew he'd be NHL's best defenseman have a 100M contract. Man I really hope we have a diamond in the rough somewhere in our system.
Finn is the guy I have as best chance of being diamond in the rough. We could have a depth prospect right now slated for 3rd line duties who could become a good 2nd liner + PPer/Pker but I still think Finn may just exceed expectations the most. I don't think he would ever be able to achieve Weber status. But maybe more of a Suter? And by that I don't mean style of Suter, I mean playing sidekick to a #1 offensive defenseman (Rielly? ) and doing a great job at it.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:24 PM
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
A fight earlier and now this misconduct. I will be honest, wasn't expecting him to be getting this stuff haha. But I like to see an edge with star players in junior.
He actually got in a fight in either his draft year or freshman year with Moose jaw stepping in for a teammate. I'm not surprised he gets in the middle of stuff, the kid is all character and teammate. So much to like about Morgan's game.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
He actually got in a fight in either his draft year or freshman year with Moose jaw stepping in for a teammate. I'm not surprised he gets in the middle of stuff, the kid is all character and teammate. So much to like about Morgan's game.
Oh okay, didn't know that. I will admit, I knew nothing of Rielly when we drafted him haha. I remember I had just come home from work after Yakupov got drafted and went for a shower. I come down and ask my Dad who we picked, he told me to guess. I'm like Galy? Forsberg? Grigs? Reinhart? Trouba? I give up.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:28 PM
The K Man

On the topic of Finn, before we drafted him I was really hoping Burke would somehow be able to trade for another 1st to pick him. I only saw him a couple times but thought he was just so solid, I honestly think he's a sure bet to be a top-4 guy.

Sounds kinda homer-ish but I'm extremely confident in him, so smart and positionally sound. Showing his offensive upside now too.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:28 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Finn is the guy I have as best chance of being diamond in the rough. We could have a depth prospect right now slated for 3rd line duties who could become a good 2nd liner + PPer/Pker but I still think Finn may just exceed expectations the most. I don't think he would ever be able to achieve Weber status. But maybe more of a Suter? And by that I don't mean style of Suter, I mean playing sidekick to a #1 offensive defenseman (Rielly? ) and doing a great job at it.
If they both reach potential they would probably be broken up to play 1 and 3 to spread the wealth if you know what I mean. Gardiner would be around as well more than likely and Percy could have something, heck for all we know Ranger could surprise and then we have current roster d... We are so stacked with D its insane really.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Just saw finn's stats godly for a defensemen! I hope he continues this pace man. Would be even better if he beats hamilton in points

10-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Well whatever the case is Blacker, Finn or Percy. If either one of them becomes a top 4 defensemen we win for drafting them.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:35 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

I don't think Rielly's done for the game, just a 10 minute misconduct.

Not watching the game however (saving up for his games against Medicine Hat, Brandon, etc).

Old
10-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
I don't think Rielly's done for the game, just a 10 minute misconduct.

Not watching the game however (saving up for his games against Medicine Hat, Brandon, etc).
I hope you see portland as well, want some input on jones from time to time

Old
10-20-2012, 09:38 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Well whatever the case is Blacker, Finn or Percy. If either one of them becomes a top 4 defensemen we win for drafting them.
The sad reality is we need to move d to get a quality g and a c.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Leafs at Knight
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

What's Brad Ross doing? Seems like a waste if he isnt playing hockey

Old
10-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Ample time for it to happen. We could even get pieces from trading our defensemen to use for getting a center. more than enough time.

Old
Pi

Quote:
Can't give up on Reimer just yet.He's had a great first year, a bad 2nd year riddled with a concussion. He's big, he can be athletic, he has made glove saves (unlike people saying he can't make any at all). Reimer IMO is perfect right now, If our defense gets significantly better and Reimer can't play well, then we probably have to get a goalie.

For the foreseeable future, our goalie is either going to be Reimer or Luongo (if we trade for him).

Old
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
I think it's only a matter of time. Got to wait and see who pans out and how many pan out. They already traded Schenn (although for a winger). Aullie was before that too but that was way before we drafted Rielly and Finn. Definitely seems like at this point that we could possibly end up with like 9+ quality defensemen in a few years. My guess as to when they start looking to trade away some guys possibly would be mid 2013-2014.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Our depth and any AHL team's depth is a big reason for a lot of players being benched and being sent down in the ECHL. His time will come.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Can't give up on Reimer just yet.He's had a great first year, a bad 2nd year riddled with a concussion. He's big, he can be athletic, he has made glove saves (unlike people saying he can't make any at all). Reimer IMO is perfect right now, If our defense gets significantly better and Reimer can't play well, then we probably have to get a goalie.

For the foreseeable future, our goalie is either going to be Reimer or Luongo (if we trade for him).
I still believe in Reimer, gotta give this guy some times, usually goalies hit their stride around 25.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Pi

Quote:
Yeah..I don't know why you can't just take out a career AHL'er and give Brad Ross a chance to crack the line up.

If it weren't for the lockout, he'd probably be in the line up.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:44 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I hope you see portland as well, want some input on jones from time to time
Sucks that Moose Jaw only plays them once all season. Should have a good look at guys like Shinkaruk, Pulock and Morrissey however

Last edited by TheLeastOfTheBunch: 10-20-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old
10-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Sucks that Moose Jaw only plays them once all season. Should have a good luck at guys like Shinkaruk, Pulock and Morrissey however
Pulock and Shinkaruk should be a treat to watch. I really dont know much about Morrissey.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:49 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
Finn is currently stats wise on par with Riles, plus 10 even...Captain etc etc, 2 more goals than Riles too. Not saying he is better but he is high caliber for sure.
Haven't seen much of Finn, but Moose Jaw isn't strong offensively. They have a great 2-way system in place, but Rielly is the only player capable of creating chances by himself. Wouldn't be surprised if Morgan's PPG pace slides a bit in the next stretch of games

Old
10-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Haven't seen much of Finn, but Moose Jaw isn't strong offensively. They have a great 2-way system in place, but Rielly is the only player capable of creating chances by himself. Wouldn't be surprised if Morgan's PPG pace slides a bit in the next stretch of games
I don't mind as long he plays his D game. The points will come sooner than later, but defense is something you can't let go in the NHL.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

Quote:
I agree. Much better chance he has a future in NHL over guys like Scott or Acton. Hopefully he gets some games in soon. If NHL starts, maybe it will create a roster spot for him.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
I agree. Much better chance he has a future in NHL over guys like Scott or Acton. Hopefully he gets some games in soon. If NHL starts, maybe it will create a roster spot for him.
Scott an Acton are VERY well liked by Eakins. They were also beastly in the PK for the marlies last year. They still are a very good duo there, and scott always finds good shift with d'amigo in the pk. Which has lead to MANY short handed rush.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Happy Fan
one big happy family

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
I'm serious Finn > Ceci

I was never a fan of Ceci's, terrible skating style, very robotic and sluggish, low hockey IQ and poor defensively, Matt Finn brings all the offense and physicality Ceci does, while playing incredibly strong defensively and playing the toughest competition in the league.

Finn plays so much like Weber it's ridiculous.
Finn-Weber sounds aquatic.
Haha imagine them paired together?

Closed Thread