Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Football Manager 2013

Old
10-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Football Manager 2013

The FM13 beta is live now. If you pre-order it you should receive a code that allows you to download it and play. The game itself is released on the 2nd of November.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 01:30 PM
XO

vCash: 180
Didnt pre-order it but cant wait for the full release, been playing this manager games since like early 2000 Best game there is!

XO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Downloading the beta right now.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 01:42 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

vCash: 500
I would pre-order it right now but I have no money and I don't know when my student bursary comes through

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Playing the game right now, the entire interface is way different from before.

One nice touch that I noticed, you can now manage both a club and a national team with the same manager right from the start. Should make for a few interesting possibilities, like managing San Marino the national team and San Marino the club at the same time.

Old
10-19-2012, 07:08 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

So what's the verdict gents? I'm really on the fence about getting it. I've got a really nice Dortmund career going in FM12 and I don't really notice many significant changes from '12. I have no interest in the online aspect of it, nor the shortened career mode, and those seem to be two of the bigger changes.

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
So what's the verdict gents? I'm really on the fence about getting it. I've got a really nice Dortmund career going in FM12 and I don't really notice many significant changes from '12. I have no interest in the online aspect of it, nor the shortened career mode, and those seem to be two of the bigger changes.
Trust me, it is different. The entire interface and how matches happen have been changed completely, new match engine seems like an improvement as well.

The game just keeps crashing for me though, hopefully they'll have that fixed by the official release.

Old
10-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Captain Saku

Those who play FM and manage an MLS team, are MLS rules all in the game? Like DPs, international players limit, superdraft, salary cap, etc.?

Also for the salary cap does it increases 5% ever year? And for DPs, let's say I manage Montreal, how do they determine how much money the club is willing to spend on DPs?

Also if I pre-order the game and download the beta version, will I have to start a new career once the full version is released?

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Those who play FM and manage an MLS team, are MLS rules all in the game? Like DPs, international players limit, superdraft, salary cap, etc.?

Also for the salary cap does it increases 5% ever year? And for DPs, let's say I manage Montreal, how do they determine how much money the club is willing to spend on DPs?

Also if I pre-order the game and download the beta version, will I have to start a new career once the full version is released?
Yes, all MLS specific rules are in the game, yes, the salary cap is coded to increase slightly each season and no, you will be able to continue your current save game in the full version.

Old
10-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
Yes, all MLS specific rules are in the game, yes, the salary cap is coded to increase slightly each season and no, you will be able to continue your current save game in the full version.
Is the database complete in the beta version?

Also do they have licenses to all teams? I remember the last one I played FM11 they disnt have rights for the german national team.

Old
10-20-2012, 05:49 PM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
The German national team is never in it. All you have to do is delete a file and all the players have their real names. Their rights are sold to someone else. Same as the J-League.

The VEGASKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Is the database complete in the beta version?

Also do they have licenses to all teams? I remember the last one I played FM11 they disnt have rights for the german national team.
Yes to the first question, and to the second I'll just repeat what Vegasking said.

All J-League-owned players are missing because of licensing, other than that everything is in the game after some minor modification. All you have to do to get the German national team to work is to either remove a file called fake.lnc or download a real names fix.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend

Quote:
Playing the game right now, the entire interface is way different from before.

One nice touch that I noticed, you can now manage both a club and a national team with the same manager right from the start. Should make for a few interesting possibilities, like managing San Marino the national team and San Marino the club at the same time.
It will make it easier to do the San Marino challenge

Not saying I've ever done it. I wouldn't even be able to win a game with San Marino.

Finnish your Czech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 10:16 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

I'm a rookie and I just want to really focus on tactics and the like right now. Is there anyway to tone down conditioning? My guys seem to get injured every game and I've been using subs all the time. Frustrating as hell - I wouldn't mind even turning off the conditioning completely for now if that's possible?

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 04:26 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
I'm a rookie and I just want to really focus on tactics and the like right now. Is there anyway to tone down conditioning? My guys seem to get injured every game and I've been using subs all the time. Frustrating as hell - I wouldn't mind even turning off the conditioning completely for now if that's possible?
You could try "stand-off" in your in-game tactics. You should look into the training category (the training cone) and see if your coaches are up to snuff and/or how much fitness training training the players are enduring and how much training they're enduring total. I like to focus on fitness a lot as my philosophy is based on a physically imposing defense and a nimble offense.

You can't "turn off" fatigue or conditioning, it's not a video game, it's a simulator

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Just bought and installed this off Steam. I usually never pay full price for new games and like to wait when games are on sale, but I could not wait I had to get this and get beta access immediately. Your save also will continue with the full version so I will definitely get my $39.99 worth from this game. Only been playing for a few minutes but this version is a lot more in depth!My game log is very deep right now and with many great games coming (Halo 4, Dead Space 3, AC 3 just to name a few) it will be tough but I think I will be playing FM13 the most.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Just bought and installed this off Steam. I usually never pay full price for new games and like to wait when games are on sale, but I could not wait I had to get this and get beta access immediately. Your save also will continue with the full version so I will definitely get my $39.99 worth from this game. Only been playing for a few minutes but this version is a lot more in depth!My game log is very deep right now and with many great games coming (Halo 4, Dead Space 3, AC 3 just to name a few) it will be tough but I think I will be playing FM13 the most.
Insatlled the beta version too. There are small bugs but nothing major. Game is a lot of fun. I'm gonna spend A LOT of time on it.

I started a career as manager of Montreal Impact and Canada.

Hoilett and De Guzman are playing for Canada lol. I'm not calling any player who's older than 30 years to prepare them for WC 2018. But there really aren't many good players in the national pool.

Last edited by Captain Saku: 10-22-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old
10-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

The match engine in the beta is ****ed up. The good thing is that SI have acknowledged that and are working on having it fixed before the official release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Get players with higher attributes in stamina and natural fitness and/or decrease your training work-load.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:29 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
You could try "stand-off" in your in-game tactics. You should look into the training category (the training cone) and see if your coaches are up to snuff and/or how much fitness training training the players are enduring and how much training they're enduring total. I like to focus on fitness a lot as my philosophy is based on a physically imposing defense and a nimble offense.

You can't "turn off" fatigue or conditioning, it's not a video game, it's a simulator
I know its a simulator, but the classic mode lets you switch a lot of options. I'm playing that for now. But thank you.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 04:00 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Can you still create a league in this game ?

Like say I want to turn Canada into a power house by creating a Canadian league and a youth league can I do this ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Can you still create a league in this game ?

Like say I want to turn Canada into a power house by creating a Canadian league and a youth league can I do this ?
Yes.

The editor won't be available until the full version of the game is released though.

Old
10-22-2012, 04:15 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:

Yes, but the series criminally underrates MLS talent and doesn't give MLS teams a remote chance to grab quality DP's.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Yes, but the series criminally underrates MLS talent and doesn't give MLS teams a remote chance to grab quality DP's.
That was fixed in the last patch for FM12. Signing "big names" that have been released on a free shouldn't be difficult at all.

As for "underrating MLS talent", I disagree. FM rates the MLS as about as good as the 3 big Scandinavian leagues, which is roughly where it is in real life in terms of non-DP talent.

Old
10-22-2012, 04:41 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
That was fixed in the last patch for FM12. Signing "big names" that have been released on a free shouldn't be difficult at all.

As for "underrating MLS talent", I disagree. FM rates the MLS as about as good as the 3 big Scandinavian leagues, which is roughly where it is in real life in terms of non-DP talent.
Works for me, I'd mostly mange MLS..

Can you remove teams from a league ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Can you remove teams from a league ?
There's almost no limit to the possibilities in the editor. Replacing a team is pretty straight forward, I think you'd have to use the advanced options if you want to actually reduce the number of teams in a league though.