HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lake Erie Monsters @ OKC Barons Saturday 10/20 6PM MDT

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2012, 09:27 PM
ales83fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Then coach Nelson should take them off the first line.
heck, two more games (maybe 3) with no results. and I'm telling them to enjoy the view from the pressbox.

man, that must be demoralizing for the rest of the team to watch. if you're on the ice on the PP.....don't be lazy.

They thought they would just come down to the AHL and they will do spin passes and will average 2 PPG. At the end of the day, if you don't have effort, you are nothing....regardless of league you're in.

I just know Hall would take this a lot more seriously....but whatever. I still watched.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:29 PM
OilGuns

Looks like the Marlies dominated

Old
Dallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
say what you want but eberle is not into it.

same with rnh.

These guys are on holidays. good for them, they're millionaires in their early twenties. Why try right?
This. It's very obvious that these guys are coasting. Finally at the end of the game when the Barons are down by one and short handed, you could see Ebs and Nuge decide, "lets just score now" and suddenly you have Eberle blowing past the defense and almost scoring. I'm not upset that they're not into it.... it's hard to be interested when you're an NHL star playing in the AHL.

Old
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
That is why we love him, his nickname is trolver.

Reffing was fair, but that hit to the head call was a complete phantom call.
Disagree, Eberle gets tripped up, nothing, puck goes down the other way, LE player gets tripped, penalty. Then the Pelss call was Godawful and pretty much sealed the win for the Monsters. The Paajarvi and Schultz calls were no brainers IMO, but the reffing IMO was on LE's side tonight.

10-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
This. It's very obvious that these guys are coasting. Finally at the end of the game when the Barons are down by one and short handed, you could see Ebs and Nuge decide, "lets just score now" and suddenly you have Eberle blowing past the defense and almost scoring. I'm not upset that they're not into it.... it's hard to be interested when you're an NHL star playing in the AHL.
RNH was exceptional defensively on that last shift, picked Lerg's pocket and spring Eberle, that was a series of elite plays there.

On the bright side, Marincin came back, but he seemed to have a hell of a time holding the line in the 3rd, hopefully it's not concussion related or something.

Old
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
Are the regular AHL refs on strike or something? Good god.
Rookie refs first game. Personal friend of mine actually. I agree though. He looked fresh.

Old
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Disagree, Eberle gets tripped up, nothing, puck goes down the other way, LE player gets tripped, penalty. Then the Pelss call was Godawful and pretty much sealed the win for the Monsters. The Paajarvi and Schultz calls were no brainers IMO, but the reffing IMO was on LE's side tonight.
I understand your view because I would be mad if ithappen to LE, but the Eberle non-call was really 50/50 while the hooking on the other end was definitely a foul, but again I agree the call on Pelss was pretty bad and was more on how bad it "looked" than a hit to the head.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
heck, two more games (maybe 3) with no results. and I'm telling them to enjoy the view from the pressbox.

man, that must be demoralizing for the rest of the team to watch. if you're on the ice on the PP.....don't be lazy.

They thought they would just come down to the AHL and they will do spin passes and will average 2 PPG. At the end of the day, if you don't have effort, you are nothing....regardless of league you're in.

I just know Hall would take this a lot more seriously....but whatever. I still watched.
I don't know if it's demoralizing for the rest of the Barons but it's certainly demoralizing for Oilers fans.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:38 PM
SDig14

Not that I think Eberle or RNH would take nights off just because they are in the A, but it's understandable that they may not give 110% like they would in the NHL.

These kids are not Barons. They are Oilers that are getting some game action in while they wait for the NHL to come back.

Of course, no one wants them to play half ass and get bad habits, but I wouldn't want a guy like Hall or Nuge to do something that would jeopardize their health after coming off an injury last year.

It's a fine line. Ideal world they would just destroy the AHL at 90% and all would be right in the world again, but that hasn't happened as of yet.

If it happens in the NHL I'll be worried, not yet.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Auguste McEscoffier

I don't know how you can give RNH and Eberle a free pass. If they are pissed about playing in the AHL, they should have told Tambellini the day he assigned them to the Barons.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
I understand your view because I would be mad if ithappen to LE, but the Eberle non-call was really 50/50 while the hooking on the other end was definitely a foul, but again I agree the call on Pelss was pretty bad and was more on how bad it "looked" than a hit to the head.
Regardless of our opinions on the reffing, you guys kept it close the whole game and in the end pulled out yet another win against us. At this point I think that OKC is happy that their next game against your club will be their last in the regular season.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Bryanbryoil

I thought that RNH and Eberle had good games, it's just that they are having a hard time getting bounces going their way. Imagine that, Eberle has all of 1 point in 4 AHL games, who would've predicted that?

Old
10-20-2012, 09:44 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Regardless of our opinions on the reffing, you guys kept it close the whole game and in the end pulled out yet another win against us. At this point I think that OKC is happy that their next game against your club will be their last in the regular season.
Hahaha, I'm scared of your team to death. True that Eberle and RNH haven't been performing you still have their presence on the ice and have that feeling that they can score at any time, plus that defense core of Schultz, Martindale, and Marincin scare me whenever they're in our zone. Their defensive play will come over time.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
I thought that RNH and Eberle had good games, it's just that they are having a hard time getting bounces going their way. Imagine that, Eberle has all of 1 point in 4 AHL games, who would've predicted that?
Their second period was pretty strong. They really petered off in the third, though.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Hahaha, I'm scared of your team to death. True that Eberle and RNH haven't been performing you still have their presence on the ice and have that feeling that they can score at any time, plus that defense core of Schultz, Martindale, and Marincin scare me whenever they're in our zone. Their defensive play will come over time.
Martindale is a center That said until our big guys not named Schultz go on a role and we get secondary scoring, our team is just wasted talent. I wonder what kind of pressure OKC's coaching staff is feeling at the moment?

Old
10-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Their second period was pretty strong. They really petered off in the third, though.
IMO they were almost overplayed at times in the 3rd.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:54 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Martindale is a center That said until our big guys not named Schultz go on a role and we get secondary scoring, our team is just wasted talent. I wonder what kind of pressure OKC's coaching staff is feeling at the moment?
He is? Wow, ahaha. Well still he has been really good.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
He is? Wow, ahaha. Well still he has been really good.
I thought that he had a very solid night on the 4th line tonight. I'd like to see him centering Paajarvi and Pitlick on the 2nd line. Pitlick was a bit off by his standards tonight IMO.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
IMO they were almost overplayed at times in the 3rd.
I know that he wants to get them going, but yeah, Coach Nelson went overboard.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
I know that he wants to get them going, but yeah, Coach Nelson went overboard.
It's a double edged sword because you have to show confidence in the guys that will be here if/when they get recalled. IMO Nelson needs to get away from this rotating in/out crap unless there are 3 in 3's.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:59 PM
SDig14

Quote:
They're 2-2 after 4 games, I don't think they are feeling the heat too much

Old
10-20-2012, 10:00 PM
oil Leaks
5-14-6-1

Quote:
I thought that he had a very solid night on the 4th line tonight. I'd like to see him centering Paajarvi and Pitlick on the 2nd line. Pitlick was a bit off by his standards tonight IMO.
I like to see that line also.

Old
10-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
Excuses. The only game they were good in was the home opener. One is an NHL Allstar while the other was near ppg as a rookie. They can do better than this.

Old
10-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
They're 2-2 after 4 games, I don't think they are feeling the heat too much
Maybe not, but they are 1-2 against Lake Erie, that can't leave a good taste in their mouths IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
I like to see that line also.
Yup, IMO that would be an interesting line and maybe a 3rd line of the future for the Oilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
Excuses. The only game they were good in was the home opener. One is an NHL Allstar while the other was near ppg as a rookie. They can do better than this.
I'm sure that they can do better than this, they haven't so far, but it's just a matter of time before they break out.

Old
10-20-2012, 10:38 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

I bet Eberle has a.4.point night wednesday or next weekend

Closed Thread