HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings player destinations during the Lockout

Old
10-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Henkka

vCash: 500
Ambri-Piotta vs. Zug 2-4

0-1 07:12 Henrik Zetterberg (Linus Omark)
0-2 16:19 Henrik Zetterberg (Damien Brunner, Andy Wozniewski) GWG
1-3 26:10 Patrick Fischer (Henrik Zetterberg, Linus Omark)

Zetterberg has now 6+4=10 in three games. 2 game-winning goals. He is just on fire!

I just can't wait to see him back in NHL with Brunner (0+2 today).

EDIT:

I didn't notice the game is still on. Zetterberg scores again! A hattrick! 3+1

2-5 45:28 Henrik Zetterberg (Linus Omark, Damien Brunner)

This. is. just. insane.

Last edited by Henkka: 10-20-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 03:37 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
3 more points for Z halfway through the game, lol.

Maybe they should throw a pick at the Oilers for Omark as well
I'm thinking if Omark can prove himself in the NHL, they should definitely try to acquire him. Edmonton's top 6 is pretty much set. Omark could play in the Wings' top 6 in the future. He has the skill. How is his skating, speed, strength though?

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
I'm thinking if Omark can prove himself in the NHL, they should definitely try to acquire him. Edmonton's top 6 is pretty much set. Omark could play in the Wings' top 6 in the future. He has the skill. How is his skating, speed, strength though?
This could be very intriquing scenario. Tom Renney (our new assistant coach) knows Omark perfectly from Oilers-years so they would know from day 1 what to get. Zeta knows him now from Zug and Brunner was a player Babcock wanted. Could they get this whole line together to Detroit at season 2013-14?

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Z40
High Compete Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
3 more points for Z halfway through the game, lol.

Maybe they should throw a pick at the Oilers for Omark as well
I was thinking the same thing. The Wings brass should at least entertain the idea.

Z40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 04:07 PM
jroc86

Really like seeing Pav and Z producing like their name-value suggests they should ... this hiatus (whether its a month or a year) IMO is a good experience to keep them sharp as players but at the same time is a good way to hit the reset button on their careers and maybe shake off any burnout or complacency had built up over the last 5 years with deep cup runs and some disappointing finishes. Basically, while keeping the competitive instincts in tact but also bringing the "fun" back into the game. I think it would serve Franzen to get off his ass and start playing somewhere soon.

Obviously I dont expect Zetterberg/Brunner/Omark to play like this all year - but if the 3 of them continue somewhat down trend of production Id like to see Omark get a "shot" in Detroit.

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 05:05 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
This could be very intriquing scenario. Tom Renney (our new assistant coach) knows Omark perfectly from Oilers-years so they would know from day 1 what to get. Zeta knows him now from Zug and Brunner was a player Babcock wanted. Could they get this whole line together to Detroit at season 2013-14?
Renney was not Omark's biggest fan in Edmonton though. His problem at the NHL has been strength on the puck to date. It is probably worth a gamble but I won't be heartbroken if they have a scouting report that says no to it either.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Tomas W

While I think Omark is a pretty good player that might get one more try in NHL, I dont think he is really needed on DRW. We have already enough smallish but skilled players. What we need is a great defenceman or a big power forward that isnt washed-up. Dunno who that would be though .

Of course there is always room for try outs at preseason and such.

Last edited by Tomas W: 10-20-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 05:18 PM
XO

wouldnt mind trading for Omark and giving him a shot in Red Wings if him, Brunner and Z can keep playing like this together.

XO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 05:19 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 203
Yeah Renney knows Omark.. and not in a good way lol.

Omark is pretty soft and bad at D. Seems to be more or less a headcase, too.

But he's still young. Maybe we could take a shot at him if he comes cheap.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 06:27 PM
irishock
LMAO pre-90s NHL

vCash: 50
This is going to help Z when lockout ends. On fire already and with the captaincy? I think he's going to have a bounce back year in scoring.

irishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 06:58 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

I was just thinking that people are making WAY too much out of the Swiss league

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 07:02 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishock View Post
This is going to help Z when lockout ends. On fire already and with the captaincy? I think he's going to have a bounce back year in scoring.
Aside from a bad first month there is nothing about Z's game to bounce back from. Confused by people that have problems with him, sure he hasn't scored in the 90's since they took apart him and Datsyuk, but really he actually has been the more productive of the two since they separated or on par. Sure his back scares me, but Zetterberg is sold a little short around here too often in my opinion.

Old
10-20-2012, 07:07 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Since 2008-09 (Z's last 90 pointer)
Zetterberg 307 games 292 points
Datsyuk 287 games 323 points

Datsyuk has produced 31 points more in 20 games less.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 07:18 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Since 2008-09 (Z's last 90 pointer)
Zetterberg 307 games 292 points
Datsyuk 287 games 323 points

Datsyuk has produced 31 points more in 20 games less.
Yup with pretty much the entire difference being in 08-09...

Old
10-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Konnan511
#Loyalty

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
It'd be substantially cheaper to get him before he proves himself. If he proves himself we are looking at high picks and prospects.

Konnan511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 08:23 PM
irishock
LMAO pre-90s NHL

vCash: 50
For the Wings to get a decent seed, Zetterberg has to be on the same level as Dats in the reg season. Usually Zetterberg outperforms Datsyuk in the playoffs (except for 2011), but the Wings need at least some home ice advantage.

irishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 09:27 PM
EVZUG

I am a big EV ZUG supporter, so first and for most: Thank you very much for magic zetterberg... he was just awesome during the first two games in the league.

Regarding your discussion about to trade omark to Detroit to keep this line together: I would not. Of course, Omark is a very talented player, but it is mainly Brunner and Zetterberg who play the important part in this line. On the contrary, if Omark would be a better sniper, Zett would have at least 3 Points more in the first two games... For example, in the game yesterday against Langnau, Omark missed a 100% chance (rebound after a Zetterberg shot -> Empty Net!!).

So what I want to say is that almost every guy would be able to play the part of Omark in that line with Zetterberg and Brunner.

And regarding the comment that the swiss league is overrated: Well, I don't know how you rate our league in the states. But please dont take the Zetterberg Points as a scale to do so, as Zug has played against the 2 worst teams of the league by far.

If you want to know anything about EV Zug / Zetterberg / Brunner, I am more than happy to help you out.

Greetings from Switzerland

EVZUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 05:42 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVZUG View Post
I am a big EV ZUG supporter, so first and for most: Thank you very much for magic zetterberg... he was just awesome during the first two games in the league.

Regarding your discussion about to trade omark to Detroit to keep this line together: I would not. Of course, Omark is a very talented player, but it is mainly Brunner and Zetterberg who play the important part in this line. On the contrary, if Omark would be a better sniper, Zett would have at least 3 Points more in the first two games... For example, in the game yesterday against Langnau, Omark missed a 100% chance (rebound after a Zetterberg shot -> Empty Net!!).

So what I want to say is that almost every guy would be able to play the part of Omark in that line with Zetterberg and Brunner.

And regarding the comment that the swiss league is overrated: Well, I don't know how you rate our league in the states. But please dont take the Zetterberg Points as a scale to do so, as Zug has played against the 2 worst teams of the league by far.

If you want to know anything about EV Zug / Zetterberg / Brunner, I am more than happy to help you out.

I could be wrong, but wasn't Omark leading the league before Zetterberg arrived...?

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 06:16 AM
Tomas W

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVZUG View Post

Do you got a highlights video of last nights game?

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 06:33 AM
joe89

Forget Omark, Nyquist is a better version of Omark if you're looking for a shifty SOB as the third wheel.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 06:53 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
Do you got a highlights video of last nights game?
Here you go: http://www.bluewin.ch/de/index.php/1...=131751&page=1

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 08:17 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Forget Omark, Nyquist is a better version of Omark if you're looking for a shifty SOB as the third wheel.
Dont wory, Im having a hard time seeing Omark in Detroit, with Tom Renney there and all...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 08:32 AM
Chris 84

drew miller got a game-winning goal in the last minute for the Clan last night in a 4-3 win. no other points for him despite his linemate getting a hat trick, all of the goals in which were double-assisted, lol.
3 games, 3 points

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 10:31 AM
jroc86

1:50 guy takes a run at Zetterberg and Z just runs him over and his winger buries it haha ...

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 02:07 PM
pRisly

This weekend two games for Mursak.

First game 1 goal
Second game 2 assists

8 games 5 goals 12 asists

pRisly is offline   Reply With Quote