HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-19-2012, 07:10 PM
  #951
spits2timechamps
Registered User
 
spits2timechamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 165
vCash: 500
Can anyone tell me how brutal are the goals so far I just turned on the radio and it was 3-0...I figured pavelka wasn't in net lol

spits2timechamps is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 07:14 PM
  #952
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Haha good fight Ebert, should have gave him a kiss, kid can't fight and there was no reason to...he's been playing decent lately to should keep the gloves on its better for everyone.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 07:23 PM
  #953
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spits2timechamps View Post
Can anyone tell me how brutal are the goals so far I just turned on the radio and it was 3-0...I figured pavelka wasn't in net lol
2 soft goals let in, the first one was a bad play by Devlin/Sieloff and Sieloff put it on a platter for a Battalian Forward who roofed it over Dekorts glove... Brutal period for the spits very Lackluster effort.. I mean no momentum at all really for the spits, Refs forgot there whistles in the Dressing room as there was no calls when there was at least 10-12 clear peanalties...Bramptons goalie Smith has had a bad season so far I thought the spits could maybe exploit him and pop a couple in early but now there just giving him some cushin to work with and theyve let him get the jitters out of the way...Hopefully Bougie lays into them and they come out with a VERY Strong second because if they don't this thing is all but over.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 08:05 PM
  #954
Nyax
Registered User
 
Nyax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 512
vCash: 500
Brutal. The Spits didn't show up for this one. They better take care of business in Erie tommorrow night.

Nyax is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 08:09 PM
  #955
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
What a pathetic effort so far, warm the bus up...1) HoSang shouldnt be playing center, Not strong enough and he's getting beat cleanly 75% of the time 2) Kerby like the passion he showed you know he's getting pissed he wants to score points and obviously win BUT keep the gloves on all we need is you to break your hand and your out a couple months and would put the spits in a VERY Tough position, Let's at least try and win the third and bring some momentum in to Erie... Hopefully we see some different line combos, we need HoSang on the wing with Kerby on the other side and maybe slide Brady into Center.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 09:01 PM
  #956
OurHometown
HFB Partner
 
OurHometown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
Spitfires road woes continue, lose 4-1 to Battalion

The road woes for the Windsor Spitfires continued tonight as they dropped a 4-1 decision to the Battalion in Brampton. The Spits have only won road game and have been outscored 17-8 plus tonight in four games.

READ MORE....
http://www.ourhometown.ca/windsor/sports/WS0045.php

OurHometown is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 09:27 PM
  #957
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,599
vCash: 500
Lets hope Spits put forth a far better effort at Erie tomorrow,the
Otters will be sky eye after beating the Knights in a shootout
Both teams playing their 3rd of 3 in 3
Lets see who is in better shape

hockeylegend11 is online now  
Old
10-20-2012, 03:56 PM
  #958
OurHometown
HFB Partner
 
OurHometown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
Windsor Spitfires Game Day versus the Erie Otters

The Windsor Spitfires continue their 2012-13 Ontario Hockey League season this evening with a road game against the Erie Otters. These two teams last played on Thursday night and the Spits came away with a 2-1 victory. Puck drop is set for 7:00 pm.

READ MORE...
http://www.ourhometown.ca/windsor/sports/WS0046.php


OurHometown is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 04:48 PM
  #959
OurHometown
HFB Partner
 
OurHometown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
Sieloff already making his presence felt for the Spitfires

Patrick Sieloff has only played 10 Ontario Hockey League games with the Windsor Spitfires but he has already made his presence felt. The eighteen year old defenceman was acquired by the Spits in a trade that sent Jack Campbell to the Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds last November.

READ MORE...
http://www.ourhometown.ca/windsor/sports/WS0048.php



Last edited by OurHometown: 10-20-2012 at 04:57 PM.
OurHometown is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 05:08 PM
  #960
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurHometown View Post
Sieloff already making his presence felt for the Spitfires

Patrick Sieloff has only played 10 Ontario Hockey League games with the Windsor Spitfires but he has already made his presence felt. The eighteen year old defenceman was acquired by the Spits in a trade that sent Jack Campbell to the Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds last November.

READ MORE...
http://www.ourhometown.ca/windsor/sports/WS0048.php

Gotta figure someone's going after Sieloff, sure the kid will handle himself just fine tonight....Erie starting there back up tonight I'm geussing, hope the spits come out angry and grab the win 6-4 spits.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 08:42 PM
  #961
spitz fan 4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
3-2 spits..rychel heating up

spitz fan 4ever is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 09:30 PM
  #962
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,599
vCash: 500
Nice bounce back win after the bad game at Brampton,Spits go 2-1 in their only 3 in 3 nites,allowing only 7 goals
Spits have lost 1 game in regulation in last 6 going 3-1-0-2
and are 6-3-0-3 in their last 12 since opening nite loss to Owen Sd
As the previous poster wrote Rychel is on a hot streak,6 goals in his last 6 games,Schoenmakers has 5 in the past 6 games as well
Still would like more offence from Maletta,Clark and Clarke,though M.Clarke has 5 pts in last 6,4 in 1 game though
Still amazed that the defence has only scored 1 goal in 1st 13 games
{Seiloff}especially when one considers Ebert had 11 in his rookie yr
The 8 players that form the defence have a total of 19 pts
Goaltending has not been an issue both tenders have played pretty well,Pavelka unbeaten in reg in his last 4 starts giving up only 10 goals
ps- should have mentioned Ben Johnson as well as one who needs to improve offensively
Overall have to pleased with being 1st in the division and tied for 2nd in conference although I know every team has games in hand

hockeylegend11 is online now  
Old
10-20-2012, 09:32 PM
  #963
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,599
vCash: 500
Understand Bowen played well especially late in third knocking Mcdavid down twice
Probably deserves to play in next game I imagine

hockeylegend11 is online now  
Old
10-20-2012, 11:00 PM
  #964
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
Much better game tonight. A team effort. Good to see Pavelka dominate when he had to, though Williams had a big game in net for the Otters. McDavid is the real deal and is going to be a stud very soon. Bowen played well defensively, with a couple of big hits, and a good fight against McGuire (despite the loss). It was a game the team needed and will build upon next week at home.

OHLTG is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 09:20 AM
  #965
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Much better game tonight. A team effort. Good to see Pavelka dominate when he had to, though Williams had a big game in net for the Otters. McDavid is the real deal and is going to be a stud very soon. Bowen played well defensively, with a couple of big hits, and a good fight against McGuire (despite the loss). It was a game the team needed and will build upon next week at home.
There on the road continuing there 5 game road trip..... Sting, Guelph, and Owensound.Should be a good test for them try and at least get 4 out of 6 possible points.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 11:39 AM
  #966
OHLFan8771
Moderator
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,042
vCash: 500
Last nights game was a great game to watch. Pavelka made two spectacular highlight saves. I give this kid credit and still am not sure why some think he is terrible, is he the best in the league? No but he is a solid goaltender.

OHLFan8771 is online now  
Old
10-21-2012, 11:48 AM
  #967
Jakey43
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
No Bateman? How long before he is dealt?

Jakey43 is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 11:50 AM
  #968
Jakey43
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Much better game tonight. A team effort. Good to see Pavelka dominate when he had to, though Williams had a big game in net for the Otters. McDavid is the real deal and is going to be a stud very soon. Bowen played well defensively, with a couple of big hits, and a good fight against McGuire (despite the loss). It was a game the team needed and will build upon next week at home.
Thanks for the update on McDavid. I wasn't sure he was the real deal based on exceptional status, first overall, and his stats. But now he has your endorsement I am confident he is the real deal!

Jakey43 is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 12:03 PM
  #969
OHLFan8771
Moderator
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,042
vCash: 500
Another note from the game last night. I do not think Bilcke had one shift the entire game. If he did I missed it and he had no more one or two. Why continue to dress him and sit him on the bench? I know Bateman is a defender but insert him in that last spot, He has some upside to him being a first round pick.

OHLFan8771 is online now  
Old
10-21-2012, 03:40 PM
  #970
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Nice bounce back win after the bad game at Brampton,Spits go 2-1 in their only 3 in 3 nites,allowing only 7 goals
Spits have lost 1 game in regulation in last 6 going 3-1-0-2
and are 6-3-0-3 in their last 12 since opening nite loss to Owen Sd
As the previous poster wrote Rychel is on a hot streak,6 goals in his last 6 games,Schoenmakers has 5 in the past 6 games as well
Still would like more offence from Maletta,Clark and Clarke,though M.Clarke has 5 pts in last 6,4 in 1 game though
Still amazed that the defence has only scored 1 goal in 1st 13 games
{Seiloff}especially when one considers Ebert had 11 in his rookie yr
The 8 players that form the defence have a total of 19 pts
Goaltending has not been an issue both tenders have played pretty well,Pavelka unbeaten in reg in his last 4 starts giving up only 10 goals
ps- should have mentioned Ben Johnson as well as one who needs to improve offensively
Overall have to pleased with being 1st in the division and tied for 2nd in conference although I know every team has games in hand
I still think last years team was a bit better. This one is very inconsistent, worst goal differential in the conference not named Erie. They haven't won 2 straight since September, next to Kitchener they have worst goals per game average in the conference and it will probably be the worst once Kitchener plays some home games. Like you said they're in 1st place but if they win the divison with a - goal differential I will eat my hat.

RayzorIsDull is online now  
Old
10-21-2012, 04:03 PM
  #971
scokan
Registered User
 
scokan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: southern ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Another note from the game last night. I do not think Bilcke had one shift the entire game. If he did I missed it and he had no more one or two. Why continue to dress him and sit him on the bench? I know Bateman is a defender but insert him in that last spot, He has some upside to him being a first round pick.
I agree, this kid is turning into nothing more than a plug, he must be a great team guy, because how much intimidation is he bringing not playing at all, or playing 1-2 shifts a game? I guess Bilke must show what he can during warm ups ..
but atleast he has a good handshake with the trainer, keep practicing the handshakes!

scokan is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 04:10 PM
  #972
scokan
Registered User
 
scokan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: southern ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 403
vCash: 500
Rayzor, I think anyone would eat there hat if ANY team won a division with a - goals differential.. As many positives as there are for the early season there are no doubt some set backs.. consistancy is key, this team will play as well as there top players play, everyone needs to bring it everynight. Really liking the way KR has been playing lately. Its still early...
whats the story regarding Bateman, for the price we payed for him he should be a top 4!
anyone?
also IMHO Maletta needs to work on his skating, to me he seems too choppy and doesnt have that next gear..

scokan is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 04:15 PM
  #973
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey43 View Post
Thanks for the update on McDavid. I wasn't sure he was the real deal based on exceptional status, first overall, and his stats. But now he has your endorsement I am confident he is the real deal!
Why the trolling? Those type of statements are made on here daily. its a message board.

Tigers1992 is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 04:28 PM
  #974
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scokan View Post
Rayzor, I think anyone would eat there hat if ANY team won a division with a - goals differential.. As many positives as there are for the early season there are no doubt some set backs.. consistancy is key, this team will play as well as there top players play, everyone needs to bring it everynight. Really liking the way KR has been playing lately. Its still early...
whats the story regarding Bateman, for the price we payed for him he should be a top 4!
anyone?
also IMHO Maletta needs to work on his skating, to me he seems too choppy and doesnt have that next gear..
Rychel, Ho-Sang, Schoenmakers and Vail have probably been their 4 best forwards in no particular order. The rest of the group it's one game on and off. At this time last year they had won 6 of 7. It's still early but seeing this team I'm not sure they can win 6 of 7, they seem to lack the talent in pulling that off.

RayzorIsDull is online now  
Old
10-21-2012, 05:21 PM
  #975
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Rychel, Ho-Sang, Schoenmakers and Vail have probably been their 4 best forwards in no particular order. The rest of the group it's one game on and off. At this time last year they had won 6 of 7. It's still early but seeing this team I'm not sure they can win 6 of 7, they seem to lack the talent in pulling that off.
Rayzor

I share your comments re the teams inconsistency,though I do think the goal differential is a bit misleading
Take away the 6-1,5-0,8-2 losses to Owen Sd,Guelph,and London,as well as shootout goals that I dont count the Spits have actually outscored their opposition in the other 10 games 32-24 while going 6-1-0-3 in those games
As well in the last 6 games excluding shootout goals the spits have outscored the other teams 18-17 and have gone 3-1-0-2 in this latest stretch
I think the real bad games make the goal differential stat look bad not reflective of their overall play especially of late Brampton not withstanding
I do think players such as Johnson,Maletta,E,Clark need to step offensively to give this team more balance
As well more offence from the D would certainly help,1 goal from the defence corps wont cut it
Finally there was a story going around the league that the Spits were showcasing Maletta and Bateman,not my rumour,just what I heard from 2 sources,who are more connected to league news then I am

hockeylegend11 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.