HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

HF Jets Lounge | Now with 92.7% Less Football!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-19-2012, 08:57 PM
  #101
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 7,248
vCash: 1250
Sutter scored BTW.

BOOM

Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 09:56 PM
  #102
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,997
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Sutter scored BTW.

BOOM
Be nice if he could get a few greasy ones to help him get back on track. Sounds like he's strayed from his "game" a bit.

YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
10-20-2012, 10:04 AM
  #103
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,122
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Have at it!

Maybe I could make more general prospect avatars like mine if some of you are interested. AHL ones too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Kosma Kosma Kosma!!!
This was a hint haha

garret9 is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 02:29 PM
  #104
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,122
vCash: 50
JETS WIN!!!

just started re-watching Jets' games in reverse order... only the ones we win haha

garret9 is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 09:46 PM
  #105
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,683
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Wolves and Heat on Sportsnet right now. Interesting dynamic in the rink with all the Canucks fans there haha. Also a bit of nostalgia with Lack in net and Connaughton on D.

__________________
Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 10:03 PM
  #106
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,687
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Wolves and Heat on Sportsnet right now. Interesting dynamic in the rink with all the Canucks fans there haha. Also a bit of nostalgia with Lack in net and Connaughton on D.
It's a good game, I am enjoying watching it.

__________________
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43225&dateline=140320  8020
Guerzy is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 10:16 PM
  #107
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,683
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Just went from good to great with that hit and fight, god damn that was awesome.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 11:06 PM
  #108
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,062
vCash: 50
So the blue jays traded farrell to the red sox

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 11:09 PM
  #109
ps241
The Danish Dash!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,561
vCash: 50
Yup I am watching as well.....very good game

ps241 is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 11:26 PM
  #110
Diatidialga
Registered User
 
Diatidialga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,039
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
So the blue jays traded farrell to the red sox
I can't understand why they wanted him so bad, he's so easily replaceable.

Diatidialga is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 12:23 AM
  #111
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,683
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I had no idea you could trade managers. That's... interesting.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 02:36 AM
  #112
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,062
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatidialga View Post
I can't understand why they wanted him so bad, he's so easily replaceable.
I agree.
Doesnt make much sense.

Hammer, same thing chicago did with ozzie guillen last year... They even did it during the season

Edit: it technically isnt a "trade" boston wanted to sign Farrell so since he is still under contract, they need to give the Jays compensation.

__________________
Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player

Last edited by King Woodballs: 10-21-2012 at 07:47 AM.
King Woodballs is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 01:02 PM
  #113
Jet
Moderator
Chevel-takesadayoff
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Posts: 16,922
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I agree.
Doesnt make much sense.

Hammer, same thing chicago did with ozzie guillen last year... They even did it during the season

Edit: it technically isnt a "trade" boston wanted to sign Farrell so since he is still under contract, they need to give the Jays compensation.
This is the best news I have heard in a while. I think with a stronger manager we could have been in it longer this year (at least until the injury bug hit AGAIN).

The team on paper was much better than the one on the field, and that, IMO is on the manager.

__________________
The Olympic Line
Jet is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 01:09 PM
  #114
Diatidialga
Registered User
 
Diatidialga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,039
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I had no idea you could trade managers. That's... interesting.
It's not really a trade, it's just an agreement of sorts from Toronto to let him go, then Boston hires him

Diatidialga is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 03:08 PM
  #115
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,062
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
This is the best news I have heard in a while. I think with a stronger manager we could have been in it longer this year (at least until the injury bug hit AGAIN).

The team on paper was much better than the one on the field, and that, IMO is on the manager.
I agree.
Farrell was okay not great IMO.

If they can stay healthy and get some starting pitching help, I seriously think we can contend in the AL East

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 07:43 PM
  #116
Jet
Moderator
Chevel-takesadayoff
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Posts: 16,922
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I agree.
Farrell was okay not great IMO.

If they can stay healthy and get some starting pitching help, I seriously think we can contend in the AL East
I hope so buddy, I am getting tired of watching this team lose.

Jet is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 08:23 PM
  #117
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,062
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I hope so buddy, I am getting tired of watching this team lose.
You are not the only one.
I feel this team is pretty close.

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 09:47 PM
  #118
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,592
vCash: 500

Lynk is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 09:53 AM
  #119
Thrashers94
We fly as one
 
Thrashers94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 1,373
vCash: 500
Went to a Gwinnett Gladiators game Saturday night and man ECHL hockey is very sloppy from the NHL, guess it's better than no hockey though...

Wore my Enstrom Jets jersey and saw two other people wearing Jets gear. Good to know there's other Jets fans here in ATL.

Thrashers94 is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 01:44 PM
  #120
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,683
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I wish my workplace was pants optional.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 02:40 PM
  #121
videofarmer
thirsty
 
videofarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ATL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,054
vCash: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I wish my workplace was pants optional.
I wish mine wasn't!

videofarmer is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 03:03 PM
  #122
ps241
The Danish Dash!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,561
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashers94 View Post
Went to a Gwinnett Gladiators game Saturday night and man ECHL hockey is very sloppy from the NHL, guess it's better than no hockey though...

Wore my Enstrom Jets jersey and saw two other people wearing Jets gear. Good to know there's other Jets fans here in ATL.
Yea not easy to do Thrasher94, I had trouble when the Jets left Winnipeg and became disillusioned with the NHL. Glad a few of the folks in Atlanta were able to transition to the Jets because there is lots of room on the bandwagon still

ps241 is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 06:19 PM
  #123
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!
 
LadyJet26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,882
vCash: 50
Maroon 5 isn't coming to Winnipeg

Now to decide between St. Paul, Calgary and Vancouver. Vancouver is higher on the list because they're on a weekend.

LadyJet26 is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 11:15 AM
  #124
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,937
vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
Maroon 5 isn't coming to Winnipeg

Now to decide between St. Paul, Calgary and Vancouver. Vancouver is higher on the list because they're on a weekend.
They came to Winnipeg and Edmonton in 2011, neither of which are on this years Canadian tour. This time they are going to Calgary because they didn't stop there in 2011.

Puckschmuck* is offline  
Old
10-23-2012, 12:01 PM
  #125
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,683
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Could bundle the concert into a nice little mini vacation.

I'm a metalhead, and there are quite a few bands that come here a hell of a lot. Hoping there are still tickets to this bad boy:

Napalm Death
Municipal Waste, Exhumed, Dayglo Abortions, Head Hits Concrete, Sabbatory

November 5th.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.