Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Czech prospects thread

Old
09-24-2012, 11:24 PM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Let's not forget the games are on big ice this year, could have in impact in the results.
Very true. This completely slipped my mind. Most, if not all, of these guys grew up on the big ice so the transition shouldn't be too difficult. It may give a team like the Czech Republic an edge over the American's (who they beat 5-2 last year). I don't see this as a struggle for the Czech's, who will almost certainly pool the majority of their talent from the CHL, but as a strength over the North American's. This could give them an advantage and help them to finish stronger than last year.

Only time will tell..

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:42 PM
zorz

just noticed that Tomeček is having really nice start of the MHL season - 12 games, 8+9, +5. way to go

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Et le But

Does anyone know if Pribyl was injured for a while? I notice he put up 3 assists in his last 3 games since returning to the Sparta lineup, what was going on before that?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 12:03 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Does anyone know if Pribyl was injured for a while? I notice he put up 3 assists in his last 3 games since returning to the Sparta lineup, what was going on before that?
Not sure, but it looks like the kid's had a good start to the season. Had 2 goals in 5 ET games and now has 3 assists in 3 games in the regular season. Not bad!

Old
10-19-2012, 02:47 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Yes, was injured.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 02:53 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
just noticed that Tomeček is having really nice start of the MHL season - 12 games, 8+9, +5. way to go
Tomecek plays well. Still dont consider him as NHL prospect but could have nice career in Europe if continues in progress. Has grown up a bit since last season but still lanky, will need time to develop physically. Like his hands/skills and hockey sense.

Old
10-19-2012, 11:26 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
Tomecek plays well. Still dont consider him as NHL prospect but could have nice career in Europe if continues in progress. Has grown up a bit since last season but still lanky, will need time to develop physically. Like his hands/skills and hockey sense.
Which Czech's do you think will be drafted this year? Last year was fairly disappointing from a numbers perspective, although Faksa and Hertl went in the first round and Frk in the second. Is there any high-end talent this year?

Old
10-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Which Czech's do you think will be drafted this year? Last year was fairly disappointing from a numbers perspective, although Faksa and Hertl went in the first round and Frk in the second. Is there any high-end talent this year?
Its possible that there wont be any Czech selected among those playing in Europe.
Craig Button has mentioned Kokes recently but he is pretty bad in my opinion and cant imagine seeing him drafted in June.
Jan Kostalek is top Czech prospect, there has been little talk on him so far but for me he is top 50 prospect. Outside of him its big ? and wont be surprised if he is the only Czech selected(in the worst case scenario).

Old
10-20-2012, 09:48 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Its possible that there wont be any Czech selected among those playing in Europe.
Craig Button has mentioned Kokes recently but he is pretty bad in my opinion and cant imagine seeing him drafted in June.
Jan Kostalek is top Czech prospect, there has been little talk on him so far but for me he is top 50 prospect. Outside of him its big ? and wont be surprised if he is the only Czech selected(in the worst case scenario).
What about from the CHL, USHL, prep-school or NCAA?

I remember hearing lots of good things about Kubalik (haven't seen him play) and he seems to be doing all right. Not sure about any other CHL guys though. Between watching Rielly and Biggs this year I haven't been focusing on too many prospects.

Old
10-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
What about from the CHL, USHL, prep-school or NCAA?

I remember hearing lots of good things about Kubalik (haven't seen him play) and he seems to be doing all right. Not sure about any other CHL guys though. Between watching Rielly and Biggs this year I haven't been focusing on too many prospects.
I forgot Kubalik, should be probably drafted too.

Old
10-21-2012, 09:16 AM
Mirinho

very promising talents are David Kae and Ondřej Kae ... both from Pirati Chomutov

Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 02:37 PM
LeMAD

Seems that Habs 19 yo prospect Daniel Pribyl now has 5 points in 4 games with Sparta Praha. Any info on him?

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Seems that Habs 19 yo prospect Daniel Pribyl now has 5 points in 4 games with Sparta Praha. Any info on him?
tall and lanky, great hands and finishing touch, very good hockey sense, creative, can beat with finesse moves, needs to work on skating, not physical, needs to work harder without the puck.

Old
10-21-2012, 06:54 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
tall and lanky, great hands and finishing touch, very good hockey sense, creative, can beat with finesse moves, needs to work on skating, not physical, needs to work harder without the puck.
Thank you kind sir

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 04:54 PM
icing

Jakub Vrana scored in his first game with the Linkping senior squad. Match against Kalpa in the European Trophy. It was the game winning goal, "LHC" won 3-2.

Highlights without sound (Vrana goal at 2:50):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bo30IEUzfc

This kid is amazing. 9+6 in 8 games in the top Swedish junior division, and he is just 16 years old.

icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 04:35 AM
Schnurvel

What do you guys think, does Vrna have a chance of making it onto the Czech WJC team this year?

Schnurvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 10:03 AM
joey16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
What do you guys think, does Vrna have a chance of making it onto the Czech WJC team this year?
I think it really depends on whether he plays in Elitserien or just in junior league. I'm not sure if junior league will be enough for our coaches. On the other hand, they know what kind of talent he is (big plus for him is last WJC18) so there's possibility anyway.
But if he plays regularly in Elitserien (he is supposed to play tomorrow, am I right?) he will be there for sure IMO.

joey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 03:05 PM
howswedeitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey16 View Post
I think it really depends on whether he plays in Elitserien or just in junior league. I'm not sure if junior league will be enough for our coaches. On the other hand, they know what kind of talent he is (big plus for him is last WJC18) so there's possibility anyway.
But if he plays regularly in Elitserien (he is supposed to play tomorrow, am I right?) he will be there for sure IMO.
I think he's got a great advantage being used to the big rinks. As you mentioned he did very well in the WJC-18, but seeing as he got picked in the World Junior A Challenge Team I highly doubt he will play the World Juniors. Unfortunately.

Yes, Vrana will make his debut in SEL tomorrow against Rgle. He's going to play in the second line with former Islanders prospect Mattias Weinhandl and center Jonas Almtorp. Vrana is going to be the ninth youngest (and youngest foreigner) ever to play the Swedish Elite League. Impressive!

howswedeitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 04:11 PM
wings5

Apparently Jaskin has improved a ton over the past year, good for Czech republic.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Swipes

vCash: 50
Pavel Zacha seems to be turning into a really talented player. Good news for us! He's gonna play for Liberec in the European Trophy as a 15 year old.

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 01:59 AM
zorz

Too bad Straka didn't play like this when it mattered - last season. Now he's got 20+11 in 17 games for Baie-Comeau as an overager. But I guess he still has a chance to be invited to some team's prospects camp on next summer.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:01 AM
joey16

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Too bad Straka didn't play like this when it mattered - last season. Now he's got 20+11 in 17 games for Baie-Comeau as an overager. But I guess he still has a chance to be invited to some team's prospects camp on next summer.
Yeah, maybe Rimouski didn't really fit him or he felt under the pressure after he was drafted in second round. Plus the injuries.
Anyway, he's been playing great right now according to stats and everything. I wouldn't give up on him. Like you said, some team might grab him and try him.
Let's hope Culek will dominate like this as well.

joey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Pavel Zacha seems to be turning into a really talented player. Good news for us! He's gonna play for Liberec in the European Trophy as a 15 year old.
He is accelerated and more physically developed than others. Im afraid that he wont be much better player than Sivek or Olesz who also started playing with adults very early.
I dont see high end upside/skills.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:55 AM
zorz

Really sucks that Nejezchleb is still injured. He started so well his CHL career, there could be a lot of talk about him going on right now if he could play more than just 8 games...

Old
11-19-2012, 11:59 PM
thrillhous

I see that Hertl had a nice game the other night with 2 goals and 1 assist. How has he been playing this season? Is his skating getting better?

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote