HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Czech prospects thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-24-2012, 11:24 PM
  #301
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Let's not forget the games are on big ice this year, could have in impact in the results.
Very true. This completely slipped my mind. Most, if not all, of these guys grew up on the big ice so the transition shouldn't be too difficult. It may give a team like the Czech Republic an edge over the American's (who they beat 5-2 last year). I don't see this as a struggle for the Czech's, who will almost certainly pool the majority of their talent from the CHL, but as a strength over the North American's. This could give them an advantage and help them to finish stronger than last year.

Only time will tell..

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:42 PM
  #302
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,912
vCash: 500
just noticed that Tomeček is having really nice start of the MHL season - 12 games, 8+9, +5. way to go

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 10:47 AM
  #303
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,012
vCash: 500
Does anyone know if Pribyl was injured for a while? I notice he put up 3 assists in his last 3 games since returning to the Sparta lineup, what was going on before that?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2012, 12:03 PM
  #304
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Does anyone know if Pribyl was injured for a while? I notice he put up 3 assists in his last 3 games since returning to the Sparta lineup, what was going on before that?
Not sure, but it looks like the kid's had a good start to the season. Had 2 goals in 5 ET games and now has 3 assists in 3 games in the regular season. Not bad!

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 02:47 AM
  #305
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Does anyone know if Pribyl was injured for a while? I notice he put up 3 assists in his last 3 games since returning to the Sparta lineup, what was going on before that?
Yes, was injured.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 02:53 AM
  #306
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
just noticed that Tomeček is having really nice start of the MHL season - 12 games, 8+9, +5. way to go
Tomecek plays well. Still dont consider him as NHL prospect but could have nice career in Europe if continues in progress. Has grown up a bit since last season but still lanky, will need time to develop physically. Like his hands/skills and hockey sense.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 11:26 AM
  #307
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
Tomecek plays well. Still dont consider him as NHL prospect but could have nice career in Europe if continues in progress. Has grown up a bit since last season but still lanky, will need time to develop physically. Like his hands/skills and hockey sense.
Which Czech's do you think will be drafted this year? Last year was fairly disappointing from a numbers perspective, although Faksa and Hertl went in the first round and Frk in the second. Is there any high-end talent this year?

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 06:06 PM
  #308
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Which Czech's do you think will be drafted this year? Last year was fairly disappointing from a numbers perspective, although Faksa and Hertl went in the first round and Frk in the second. Is there any high-end talent this year?
Its possible that there wont be any Czech selected among those playing in Europe.
Craig Button has mentioned Kokes recently but he is pretty bad in my opinion and cant imagine seeing him drafted in June.
Jan Kostalek is top Czech prospect, there has been little talk on him so far but for me he is top 50 prospect. Outside of him its big ? and wont be surprised if he is the only Czech selected(in the worst case scenario).

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 09:48 AM
  #309
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
Its possible that there wont be any Czech selected among those playing in Europe.
Craig Button has mentioned Kokes recently but he is pretty bad in my opinion and cant imagine seeing him drafted in June.
Jan Kostalek is top Czech prospect, there has been little talk on him so far but for me he is top 50 prospect. Outside of him its big ? and wont be surprised if he is the only Czech selected(in the worst case scenario).
What about from the CHL, USHL, prep-school or NCAA?

I remember hearing lots of good things about Kubalik (haven't seen him play) and he seems to be doing all right. Not sure about any other CHL guys though. Between watching Rielly and Biggs this year I haven't been focusing on too many prospects.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 05:19 PM
  #310
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
What about from the CHL, USHL, prep-school or NCAA?

I remember hearing lots of good things about Kubalik (haven't seen him play) and he seems to be doing all right. Not sure about any other CHL guys though. Between watching Rielly and Biggs this year I haven't been focusing on too many prospects.
I forgot Kubalik, should be probably drafted too.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 09:16 AM
  #311
Mirinho
Registered User
 
Mirinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,539
vCash: 500
very promising talents are David Kae and Ondřej Kae ... both from Pirati Chomutov

Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 02:37 PM
  #312
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,430
vCash: 500
Seems that Habs 19 yo prospect Daniel Pribyl now has 5 points in 4 games with Sparta Praha. Any info on him?

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 04:09 PM
  #313
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Seems that Habs 19 yo prospect Daniel Pribyl now has 5 points in 4 games with Sparta Praha. Any info on him?
tall and lanky, great hands and finishing touch, very good hockey sense, creative, can beat with finesse moves, needs to work on skating, not physical, needs to work harder without the puck.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 06:54 PM
  #314
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
tall and lanky, great hands and finishing touch, very good hockey sense, creative, can beat with finesse moves, needs to work on skating, not physical, needs to work harder without the puck.
Thank you kind sir

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 04:54 PM
  #315
icing
Registered User
 
icing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 841
vCash: 500
Jakub Vrana scored in his first game with the Linkping senior squad. Match against Kalpa in the European Trophy. It was the game winning goal, "LHC" won 3-2.

Highlights without sound (Vrana goal at 2:50):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bo30IEUzfc

This kid is amazing. 9+6 in 8 games in the top Swedish junior division, and he is just 16 years old.


icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 04:35 AM
  #316
Schnurvel
Registered User
 
Schnurvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellington, NZ
Country: Sweden
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
What do you guys think, does Vrna have a chance of making it onto the Czech WJC team this year?

Schnurvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 10:03 AM
  #317
joey16
Registered User
 
joey16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
What do you guys think, does Vrna have a chance of making it onto the Czech WJC team this year?
I think it really depends on whether he plays in Elitserien or just in junior league. I'm not sure if junior league will be enough for our coaches. On the other hand, they know what kind of talent he is (big plus for him is last WJC18) so there's possibility anyway.
But if he plays regularly in Elitserien (he is supposed to play tomorrow, am I right?) he will be there for sure IMO.

joey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 03:05 PM
  #318
howswedeitis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey16 View Post
I think it really depends on whether he plays in Elitserien or just in junior league. I'm not sure if junior league will be enough for our coaches. On the other hand, they know what kind of talent he is (big plus for him is last WJC18) so there's possibility anyway.
But if he plays regularly in Elitserien (he is supposed to play tomorrow, am I right?) he will be there for sure IMO.
I think he's got a great advantage being used to the big rinks. As you mentioned he did very well in the WJC-18, but seeing as he got picked in the World Junior A Challenge Team I highly doubt he will play the World Juniors. Unfortunately.

Yes, Vrana will make his debut in SEL tomorrow against Rgle. He's going to play in the second line with former Islanders prospect Mattias Weinhandl and center Jonas Almtorp. Vrana is going to be the ninth youngest (and youngest foreigner) ever to play the Swedish Elite League. Impressive!

howswedeitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 04:11 PM
  #319
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,487
vCash: 500
Apparently Jaskin has improved a ton over the past year, good for Czech republic.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 12:32 PM
  #320
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 599
vCash: 50
Pavel Zacha seems to be turning into a really talented player. Good news for us! He's gonna play for Liberec in the European Trophy as a 15 year old.

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 01:59 AM
  #321
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,912
vCash: 500
Too bad Straka didn't play like this when it mattered - last season. Now he's got 20+11 in 17 games for Baie-Comeau as an overager. But I guess he still has a chance to be invited to some team's prospects camp on next summer.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 03:01 AM
  #322
joey16
Registered User
 
joey16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Too bad Straka didn't play like this when it mattered - last season. Now he's got 20+11 in 17 games for Baie-Comeau as an overager. But I guess he still has a chance to be invited to some team's prospects camp on next summer.
Yeah, maybe Rimouski didn't really fit him or he felt under the pressure after he was drafted in second round. Plus the injuries.
Anyway, he's been playing great right now according to stats and everything. I wouldn't give up on him. Like you said, some team might grab him and try him.
Let's hope Culek will dominate like this as well.

joey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 05:16 PM
  #323
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Pavel Zacha seems to be turning into a really talented player. Good news for us! He's gonna play for Liberec in the European Trophy as a 15 year old.
He is accelerated and more physically developed than others. Im afraid that he wont be much better player than Sivek or Olesz who also started playing with adults very early.
I dont see high end upside/skills.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 10:55 AM
  #324
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,912
vCash: 500
Really sucks that Nejezchleb is still injured. He started so well his CHL career, there could be a lot of talk about him going on right now if he could play more than just 8 games...

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:59 PM
  #325
thrillhous
Registered User
 
thrillhous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,590
vCash: 500
I see that Hertl had a nice game the other night with 2 goals and 1 assist. How has he been playing this season? Is his skating getting better?

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.