HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Buffalo Bills - Regular Season (3-4)

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2012, 03:08 PM
sabresfan129103

vCash: 500
I love these INT's with less 5 minutes to go. Great way to close out a game.

Old
10-21-2012, 03:08 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
The offense played well enough to win, even with the end of game garbage (Gailey - how do you not run the ball up the gut on 2nd and 6??)

The defense did not play well enough to win. No turnovers, barely any stops....just awful.

Old
10-21-2012, 03:09 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
I love it. So amusing to watch.
Condescending remarks in a close lose is a really bad idea. The mark of a true tool.

Old
10-21-2012, 03:10 PM
haseoke39
Brainfart 4 Reinhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDay View Post
Just got home to see the last few minutes of the game.

No surprises, the Bills are terrible.

Is it hockey season yet?

Luckily for you, yes!! Sorta!!!

Old
10-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Condescending remarks in a close lose is a really bad idea. The mark of a true tool.
It's pretty funny to me, the Bills consistently find ways to lose, I try to embrace it so I find myself less disappointed.

Old
10-21-2012, 03:12 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
I love it. So amusing to watch.
Yes, we know, you root against the opposing team and you are always happy watching the game! That shtick got annoying the second time you posted about it.

Old
10-21-2012, 03:13 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Same old Bills...

Wannstedt has to go. Fitz made the one big mistake (INT)...but the defense needs to make stops sometime...right?

Old
10-21-2012, 03:13 PM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
The offense played well enough to win, even with the end of game garbage (Gailey - how do you not run the ball up the gut on 2nd and 6??)

The defense did not play well enough to win. No turnovers, barely any stops....just awful.
That's like asking how you let brad smith throw a bomb out of the wildcat when you're trying to kill the clock...oh wait...chan's an idiot

I ain't even mad. Feel bad for fitz though. Literally his only really bad throw of the day cost them. It's not his fault the defense was non-existant for 75% of the game and got shredded by matt ****ing hasselbeck

Old
10-21-2012, 03:15 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
It's pretty funny to me, the Bills consistently find ways to lose, I try to embrace it so I find myself less disappointed.
You know, it doesn't ruin my day if the Bills lose or anything. Yet I am still a fan of the team and would like to see them win. So when people come into the Bills thread after a close loss and post nothing more than LOL SO FUNNY YOU LIKE THE BILLS LOLLLLLLLLL it seems pretty much like trolling to me. Critique the team, talk about how horrible they are, fine. I'll do the same. But coming in to laugh is annoying.

Old
10-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Clock

That was painful.

At least it was entertaining, though.

Old
10-21-2012, 03:18 PM
johnjm22

One of the most frustrating losses in recent memory. We had the game in our control.

In 3 of the last 4 games the Bills defense has collectively put on one of the worst showings in NFL history.

Old
10-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Mergus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
It was definitely out.

Where was it out? I can't believe they didn't at least challenge it. Sure looked like Gilmore kept it on the field of play before he touched out of bounds.

On the replay it looked pretty clear to be a good fumble recovery.

Old
10-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Taro Tsujimoto

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Wannstedt has to go. Fitz made the one big mistake (INT)...but the defense needs to make stops sometime...right?
He can take Gailey and Fitz with him. Fitz is the second coming of Trent Edwards, Wannstedt's D is a pile of ****, and Gailey is the most clueless head coach I've ever seen.

Old
10-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Layne Staley

Pathetic. Why not go for 2 when we could have tied it? ****ing stupid. Too bad, nothing will change. No one will get fired. Chan will be back and Fitzpatrick will still be the starter next season. We will still have Fred as the #1 back and Lindell as our kicker. How sad is that Lindell couldn't even kick the ball a yard into the end zone on a kickof

Old
10-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
You know, it doesn't ruin my day if the Bills lose or anything. Yet I am still a fan of the team and would like to see them win. So when people come into the Bills thread after a close loss and post nothing more than LOL SO FUNNY YOU LIKE THE BILLS LOLLLLLLLLL it seems pretty much like trolling to me. Critique the team, talk about how horrible they are, fine. I'll do the same. But coming in to laugh is annoying.
Well nobody is saying that, we're all fans, it's gotten to the point where you pretty much expect the Bills to blow it somehow. Whether it's coaching or a player's mistake, it happens, and it's just getting ridiculous.

Old
10-21-2012, 03:53 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Well nobody is saying that, we're all fans, it's gotten to the point where you pretty much expect the Bills to blow it somehow. Whether it's coaching or a player's mistake, it happens, and it's just getting ridiculous.
Certain people in this thread make it a habit to post exactly that after every loss, so don't tell me "nobody is saying that".

Old
10-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

This isn't on Fitz. He played well enough to win. Made some nice throws.

You'll never win when your defense is as bad as this one is.

They have some talent, and some players who might be good in a year or two, but for now it's shameful.

George Wilson and Aaron Williams are terrible. Bryan Scott is only a starter on a really bad team. Nick Barnett is one of the most overrated players in this league. It's simply not good enough.

Old
10-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Layne Staley

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
This isn't on Fitz. He played well enough to win. Made some nice throws.

You'll never win when your defense is as bad as this one is.

They have some talent, and some players who might be good in a year or two, but for now it's shameful.

George Wilson and Aaron Williams are terrible. Bryan Scott is only a starter on a really bad team. Nick Barnett is one of the most overrated players in this league. It's simply not good enough.
Fitz is to blame. Throws a pick on the last drive and fumbles the first play of the second half to give the Titans an easy TD. He sucks.

Old
10-21-2012, 04:49 PM
johnjm22

Fitz SHARES the blame, but most of it is on the defense.

As for the D, I think it's primarily an issue of coaching. A good coach can get the most out of what he has. Certainly we have the personnel to at least be average.

Old
10-21-2012, 04:53 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Fitz is to blame. Throws a pick on the last drive and fumbles the first play of the second half to give the Titans an easy TD. He sucks.
I'm not saying he doesn't suck. I'm saying he isn't to blame for this game. Fitz played pretty well. I'd take his statline today every single game if I could.

There's a reason his INT was so costly. It's because we have no defense. And how the hell do you blame Fitz for that blindside sack?

Good lord open your eyes. We have the worst defense in the league. No hyperbole. The worst.

Old
10-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Takeo

At least it was entertaining! But I want more blue pants!!

Old
10-21-2012, 05:14 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Fitz played well enough to win. The fact that he had to be pretty much perfect to give us a chance speaks more to the failures of the defense than anything else.

And besides, let's say we punt there. Does anyone actually believe the result would have been different?

If I were to make list of people responsible for this game...nobody on the offense is high on the list.

But Wanny needs to go. His refusal to blitz is making life way too easy on offenses--they know exactly who is coming (the front 4) and from where. They can plan the protection, make sure everybody knows their assignments, and then boom...QB has plenty of time to find the open receiver. (And if you have 7 people in coverage...nobody should be open...but the coverage schemes suck too). But if you blitz...now you free up double teams, maybe get the line confused over who is picking up who, etc...and you're gonna get into the backfield.

Wannstedt has no idea how to use the talent he has. It's the bye week...he needs to be fired now.

Old
10-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Mergus

Losing coaches always coach "not to lose" rather than to win. He should have gone for two. This is the same reason I didn't hate on Chan last week for the wildcat throw. He tried to win in last week, now he tried not to lose it this week and it bit him.

Last edited by Mergus: 10-21-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old
10-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Agreed about Wannstedt. If I were Nix/Gailey, I'd give him an ultimatum. Either install some complicated blitzing schemes over the bye or be fired. It's not working as-is, and it won't magically start to work later in the season. We need to pressure the QB.

Old
10-21-2012, 06:39 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

The largest part of the blame today goes to Wanny and his horrible defense.

The next biggest goes to Chan for not running on 2nd and 6 when the backs were moving well late in the game.

The next goes to Fitz for not executing on that call, even though he was actually pretty good for the rest of the day.

That being said, I'm still convinced Fitz isn't the answer and never was and never will be.

Closed Thread