HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2012, 08:31 AM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Most definitely. Of course there's the bigger names like Jacob de la Rose, Adam Erne, Hudson Fasching, Anthony Mantha, and Valeri Nichushkin, but there's some guys who could be had later than that. Here's some OHL that I know about:

Nicholas Baptiste - Sudbury
Jason Dickinson - Guelph
Justin Bailey - Kitchener
Stephen Harper - Erie

Some guys who may be had even later:

Nick Betz - Erie (If you watched Erie on Sportsnet last night, you probably saw him 6'5")
Zach Nastasiuk - Owen Sound
Sergei Kuptsov - Belleville

Does any have any other names for the Q, or the WHL? So many talented players this year...
This SCREAM'S Sorensen.

Terrific player.

Old
10-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Speaking of Sorensen, the Remparts are on TVA Sports this afternoon. I'll definitely try to tune in to see him and Erne.

There's no doubt that this class has a lot of quality wingers with some size.

Old
10-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

If we don't make a trade and stay pat with our picks, it wouldn't be out of the question for the habs to take a d, f and a goalie with our 2nds.

Old
10-21-2012, 12:28 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
The 2013 draft could be exceptional if the Habs get one of Drouin,Burakowsky or Carrier in the 1st round.In the 2nd round three out of these players:Gauthier,Wennberg,Mantha, Tyler Hill,De La Rose,Fasching,Morin,Eric Roy,Klimchuk,Bailey,Ellis or Santini.So many good prospects to choose from it's going to be a great draft for the Habs with three 2nds.Adding size and talent should be the call for the 2nd round,unless Carrier is available in the 1st and Drouin is gone.

Last edited by S Bah: 10-21-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old
10-21-2012, 12:49 PM
That

Speaking of Sorensen does anyone know what the situation is right now? Is Kucherov ready to play yet? Anyone have an idea where Sorensen could potentially end up?

Old
10-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

Quote:
Speaking of Sorensen does anyone know what the situation is right now? Is Kucherov ready to play yet? Anyone have an idea where Sorensen could potentially end up?
Kucherov was cleared to play a few days ago, not sure when he will play though.

Roy told RDS that Sorensen will stay in the lineup since he isn't drafted yet, seems like BS to me. As if they'll sit one of Grigorenko/Kucherov.

Everyone knows Sorensen is the most likely to be traded among the 3 Euro's they have. Pretty much the whole league could use a talented player like him, so the rumors have been flying.

Old
10-21-2012, 01:10 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Roy was supposed to talk with Buffalo's GM yesterday. If he told him what I suspect, that Buffalo will let Grigorenko play in the QMJHL all season, I expect Sorensen to be traded this week.

Kucherov was cleared to play starting next Thursday against Baie-Comeau.

Roy said Sorensen wouldn't miss a game. He never said he'd never trade him! Quebec's play-by-play man is a friend of Roy and he expects Sorensen to be traded soon so......

It would probably be better for Sorensen to play on a team where he won't be stuck on the 2nd line and 2nd PP unit.

Old
10-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Et le But

When is Sorensen projected to go?

Old
10-21-2012, 01:18 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
When is Sorensen projected to go?
2nd round. Although without the injury he would probably be a solid 1st round prospect.

Old
10-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
From what I have seen of Sorensen, he is a big bodied, solid skating playmaker. He is able to get into good positions to score, but does not have a very accurate shot. Could be a good third line center one day IMO.

Old
10-21-2012, 01:24 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
From what I have seen of Sorensen, he is a big bodied, solid skating playmaker. He is able to get into good positions to score, but does not have a very accurate shot. Could be a good third line center one day IMO.
Except he isn't a center...

Old
10-21-2012, 01:31 PM
LeHabsMan

A perfect draft for Montreal would be getting a skilled winger to maybe play with Galchenyuk in a few seasons. Depending on where Montreal drafts, Barkov, Drouin, Shinkaruk or Burakovsky would be good picks in the top 10-15 or else I would be happy with Erne, Lekhonen or De La Rose. The only defenseman that would be worth taking in the first round are Zadorov or Nurse.

Does anyone know what good big body forwards or goaltenders are projected as 2nd round picks? Other than Sorensen.

Old
10-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Erne would be a good choice because it would give Gally a good puck retriever and forechecker to play with. Erne is crafty around the net.

Old
10-21-2012, 03:43 PM
That

Bo Horvat had a goal today (10 points in total). He looked really good, created a ton of chances. He showed off some good speed too. He has an incredible defensive game, I think he's going to be a great NHLer. However he lacks a level of finish that you'd expect from someone with his smarts and ability.

Max Domi had two assists (19 points in total), he wasn't really noticeable for me. But then again I'm not really a fan. I just can't see his style of translating to the NHL. With that said he has a tremendous work ethic and is very strong already, so I'm sure he'll make the necessary adjustments.

Nikita Zadorov was a bit quiet. He wasn't as physical as he normally is, he also had a few turnovers, but he skates so well and is very smart. He's still very raw as player, but his potential is huge.

Nicholas Baptiste looked pretty good. He's in a bit of a weird situation because he hasn't been producing, but he's had a ton of chances. He really needs to convert those chances. He protects the puck so well, but doesn't always seem interested in playing. I thought he'd be off to a better start, he only has 4 points in 11 games, but I expect him to picking up the points soon.

Old
10-21-2012, 06:54 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Bo Horvat had a goal today (10 points in total). He looked really good, created a ton of chances. He showed off some good speed too. He has an incredible defensive game, I think he's going to be a great NHLer. However he lacks a level of finish that you'd expect from someone with his smarts and ability.

Max Domi had two assists (19 points in total), he wasn't really noticeable for me. But then again I'm not really a fan. I just can't see his style of translating to the NHL. With that said he has a tremendous work ethic and is very strong already, so I'm sure he'll make the necessary adjustments.

Nikita Zadorov was a bit quiet. He wasn't as physical as he normally is, he also had a few turnovers, but he skates so well and is very smart. He's still very raw as player, but his potential is huge.

Nicholas Baptiste looked pretty good. He's in a bit of a weird situation because he hasn't been producing, but he's had a ton of chances. He really needs to convert those chances. He protects the puck so well, but doesn't always seem interested in playing. I thought he'd be off to a better start, he only has 4 points in 11 games, but I expect him to picking up the points soon.
Out of these four players I could see the Habs take Domi in the first,if Drouin & Carrier are gone.Baptiste is a choice for the 4th-5th rounds as a checking forward on the 3rd or 4th lines in a few years.Unless the BPA comes into play I don't see the Habs taking a defenceman in the 1st round & Domi when he builds his upper body strength to match his lower body will be an NHLer no doubt IMO.

Old
10-21-2012, 08:15 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Out of these four players I could see the Habs take Domi in the first,if Drouin & Carrier are gone.Baptiste is a choice for the 4th-5th rounds as a checking forward on the 3rd or 4th lines in a few years.Unless the BPA comes into play I don't see the Habs taking a defenceman in the 1st round & Domi when he builds his upper body strength to match his lower body will be an NHLer no doubt IMO.
If Domi is still there, so will Carrier and I can't see Montreal take Domi with a high pick in the first round. With Galchenyuk, Leblanc, Bournival and Vail coming up and Eller, Desharnais and Plekanec already in Montreal, I think the Habs are set at centre. Especially not if he is under 6 feet.

If they are drafting between 10-20, which is where Domi is expected to go, I would look at De La Rose or Lekhonen. Lekhonen is small but he is a skilled winger. Something Montreal needs.

Old
10-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
A perfect draft for Montreal would be getting a skilled winger to maybe play with Galchenyuk in a few seasons. Depending on where Montreal drafts, Barkov, Drouin, Shinkaruk or Burakovsky would be good picks in the top 10-15 or else I would be happy with Erne, Lekhonen or De La Rose. The only defenseman that would be worth taking in the first round are Zadorov or Nurse.

Does anyone know what good big body forwards or goaltenders are projected as 2nd round picks? Other than Sorensen.
You wouldn't take Jones, Pulock, McCoshen, Ristolainen and Morissey?

Comrie could go in the second round..

Old
10-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

I think Domi can easily be a winger if the team that picks him wants him to be one. Hell, didn't he play wing a lot last year?

Old
10-22-2012, 11:43 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I think Domi can easily be a winger if the team that picks him wants him to be one. Hell, didn't he play wing a lot last year?
Both wings actually for a while I thought he was a LW not Center.

Old
10-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Krnage

Samuel Morin (Oceanic)http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=WsHlz6PBYOw#!

Old
10-22-2012, 11:57 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnage View Post
Very nice!he might be the BPA when the Habs pick if Drouin is already gone.

Old
10-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Very nice!he might be the BPA when the Habs pick if Drouin is already gone.
euh..no. There's a very big difference between Drouin and Morin. Morin at best will be a 2nd round pick. So no, he won't be the BPA is Drouin is already gone.

Old
10-22-2012, 01:45 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Nice goal by Carrier on the weekend in Rimouski http://hockeyprospect.com/video/2013...-21&Itemid=575

Old
10-22-2012, 02:02 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnage View Post
Wow. Those are some hard punches. Morin seems like he'd be great pick up in the second round. He's big, strong, and looks great defensively. I've only seen one game of though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeHP View Post
Nice goal by Carrier on the weekend in Rimouski http://hockeyprospect.com/video/2013...-21&Itemid=575
What a beauty. I love Carrier's game. He's going to be one hell of a player.

Old
10-22-2012, 04:39 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
euh..no. There's a very big difference between Drouin and Morin. Morin at best will be a 2nd round pick. So no, he won't be the BPA is Drouin is already gone.
That would be an even better place for the Habs to round out an already deep defence.Having a Francophone on defence again,one that could give the Habs two towering Dmen in the near future.Both can skate well,play tough defensive hockey.Morin if available in the 2nd round could be a very good pick IMO,along with Wennberg, and Fred Gauthier or Tyler Hill that would be outstanding actually.There are many types of very good prospects in this draft not only in the top 60 but well into the 3rd round.

Last edited by S Bah: 10-23-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Closed Thread