HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > General Sports
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

2012 & 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide Series & Camping World Truck Series Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-21-2012, 04:19 PM
  #401
GoJackets1
Someday.
 
GoJackets1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,521
vCash: 500
Danica... steered the absolute wrong direction if she wanted to stay off the wall. I'm enjoying this race thus far

GoJackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 05:32 PM
  #402
Smoke
Time is the flaw
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
I've enjoyed what I have watched of this race, but for some reason any race Matt Kenseth dominates or wins just makes me want to puke.

Not sure what it is about that guy...

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 05:43 PM
  #403
GoJackets1
Someday.
 
GoJackets1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,521
vCash: 500
For me its Jimmie. I can't stand it when he wins, which is sadly quite frequently. Lol great pit strategy by Tony to get up to forth. Hope nothing happens to his right front...

GoJackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 05:54 PM
  #404
Smoke
Time is the flaw
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Nice work by the 14 team today.

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 09:57 PM
  #405
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils
 
StvBroDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
I've enjoyed what I have watched of this race, but for some reason any race Matt Kenseth dominates or wins just makes me want to puke.

Not sure what it is about that guy...
LOL Same here he could win the race on two wheels and it would be boring as hell.

StvBroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 10:00 PM
  #406
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils
 
StvBroDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Nice work by the 14 team today.
Salvaged what could have been a bad day.


Tony's comment (Ok boys anytime now you guys can pull your heads out of you arse.

StvBroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 03:41 AM
  #407
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvBroDan View Post
Salvaged what could have been a bad day.


Tony's comment (Ok boys anytime now you guys can pull your heads out of you arse.
It's good to see the old Tony once in a while.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 11:05 PM
  #408
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils
 
StvBroDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
It's good to see the old Tony once in a while.
Would like to see more of it.

StvBroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 05:11 PM
  #409
CHRDANHUTCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Auburn, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 15,516
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Dale, jR. Cleared to race; ALLMENDINGER Remains in 51

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 12:27 AM
  #410
Nose of Sutter
Registered User
 
Nose of Sutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 6,482
vCash: 500
Ok, something is bugging me does anyone know the song on the ESPN commercial? It's like da da dada? Sorry just bugging me the past few weeks

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 11:07 PM
  #411
CHRDANHUTCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Auburn, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 15,516
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
JJ on pole for Martinsville

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:18 PM
  #412
CHRDANHUTCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Auburn, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 15,516
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
CWTS:

17-Timothy Peters on pole for Kroger 200 (in progress on SPEED);Denny Hamlin wins


Last edited by CHRDANHUTCH: 10-27-2012 at 10:26 PM.
CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 06:20 AM
  #413
Orange Thunder
Registered User
 
Orange Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,723
vCash: 500
Jimmie wins at Martinsville, and takes the points lead

Orange Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 09:50 PM
  #414
Classified
Registered User
 
Classified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie to Brownie View Post
Ok, something is bugging me does anyone know the song on the ESPN commercial? It's like da da dada? Sorry just bugging me the past few weeks
Pontoon - Little Big Town ? I think that's the one, they play it probably 3-4 times a race before commercials

I honestly thought that DH was going to win the race last week, that team is putting out a fast race car. I am really hoping Brad comes back with a strong race this weekend, JJ is going to be tough to overcome.

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:56 PM
  #415
Smoke
Time is the flaw
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
6 time, 6 pack

ugh

Looking bleak for the JJ haters ...

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:13 AM
  #416
optimus2861
Registered User
 
optimus2861's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bedford NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,827
vCash: 500
JJ wins Texas and gets maximum points. Keslowski finishes second & is now 7 points behind with two races to go.

I wouldn't want to put money against JJ now. It's definitely his championship to lose.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 07:11 PM
  #417
Orange Thunder
Registered User
 
Orange Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,723
vCash: 500
Hopefully BK at least gives JJ a run for his money these next 2 races

Orange Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 08:30 PM
  #418
CHRDANHUTCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Auburn, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 15,516
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
PHOENIX:

CUP: 18-Kyle Busch-pole;

CWTS: 30-Piquet-pole

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 11:22 PM
  #419
Smoke
Time is the flaw
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Harvick in fourth SHR car in 2014?

Do it, cupcake!

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 12:16 AM
  #420
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Where there's smoke there's fire?

But seriously, if it is true, I don't know how nascar can let this type of deal happen. (Not that it hasn't happened before.) You can't have them on different teams all through 2013 knowing they will be teammates in 2014. They will race like teammates all of 2013 if this is true.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 09:43 AM
  #421
Orange Thunder
Registered User
 
Orange Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,723
vCash: 500
Do it, SHR!

Orange Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 11:29 AM
  #422
Smoke
Time is the flaw
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Where there's smoke there's fire?

But seriously, if it is true, I don't know how nascar can let this type of deal happen. (Not that it hasn't happened before.) You can't have them on different teams all through 2013 knowing they will be teammates in 2014. They will race like teammates all of 2013 if this is true.
Harvick knows that the Dillon era of RCR is coming. I don't fault him for trying to lock up a good ride as soon as possible, and NASCAR shouldn't either.




Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 03:18 PM
  #423
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Harvick knows that the Dillon era of RCR is coming. I don't fault him for trying to lock up a good ride as soon as possible, and NASCAR shouldn't either.


I understand completely where Harvic is coming from. But it still creates for a very awkward situation in 2013. Imagine if other sports allowed guys to sign a new deal with a new team a year ahead of time. It would be outrageous and wouldn't be allowed. But then NASCAR has always been about manufactured drama so this is right up their alley.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 03:50 PM
  #424
Smoke
Time is the flaw
 
Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I understand completely where Harvic is coming from. But it still creates for a very awkward situation in 2013.
Out of all the times drivers have agreed to a ride with another team during the current season, it never has become an awkward situation. There have been no problems with Kenseth and JGR cars this year. These guys are professionals and will strive to win a championship no matter their current situation.

Quote:
Imagine if other sports allowed guys to sign a new deal with a new team a year ahead of time. It would be outrageous and wouldn't be allowed.
Other sports are not based off of sponsorship like NASCAR is. These deals have to be made quickly to please the companies and get funding as soon as possible.

I think the media is jumping the gun and nobody involved in this situation is going to confirm it until atleast a few weeks into the next season. Harvick, RC, and Smoke are all dodging the questions and will until it is the right time.

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 06:34 PM
  #425
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Out of all the times drivers have agreed to a ride with another team during the current season, it never has become an awkward situation. There have been no problems with Kenseth and JGR cars this year. These guys are professionals and will strive to win a championship no matter their current situation.
I agree they will both strive to win the championship next year. But just because it hasn't been a crisis yet doesn't mean it won't or can't be. And most of the time guys don't race a full season as a lame duck. Did you forget that when Tony still had a year left with JGR he agreed to the deal with Haas and Coach Gibbs just released him from his contract rather than to have Tony drive a full year as a lame duck?

A lot of things happen on the track over the course of a year. We all know Paul Menard won't win the championship next year. Would Harvick help Stewart try to win a race instead of trying to help Menard next year? I'm in no way saying he would, but what happens if some on track incident gives that appearance?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Other sports are not based off of sponsorship like NASCAR is. These deals have to be made quickly to please the companies and get funding as soon as possible.
nascar's answer to everything. Blame the sponsors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
I think the media is jumping the gun and nobody involved in this situation is going to confirm it until atleast a few weeks into the next season. Harvick, RC, and Smoke are all dodging the questions and will until it is the right time.
And why do you think that is?

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.