HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Official Bears Thread #10

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2012, 06:57 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
It's the same with many teams. If San Francisco plays the way they did against Minnesota and New York, no one should fear them. If Green Bay plays the way they did against New Orleans and Indianapolis, no one should fear them.

If all NFL teams play to their highest ceiling, I think Green Bay, Chicago, Houston, New England, New York, and San Francisco are the best in the NFL. Still think the Super Bowl winner is an NFC club.
I'd pretty much agree with that whole statement, except for the order of those teams. I'd probably throw Atlanta in there too. Just not sure if their best is in the playoffs.

Old
10-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I'd pretty much agree with that whole statement, except for the order of those teams. I'd probably throw Atlanta in there too. Just not sure if their best is in the playoffs.
I didn't rank them in order. Not sure what mine would be if I did.

Old
10-21-2012, 06:59 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
I didn't rank them in order. Not sure what mine would be if I did.
Likewise. Probably New York on top. And I hate the Giants.

Old
10-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

Can't stand New York at all. They are a bunch of clowns.

Old
10-21-2012, 10:00 PM
ChiGuySez
2013 SC Champions

I have no love for NY but if they can keep on owning SF, thats fine by me. Id rather see SF sent back into the bay where they belong.

Old
10-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
I can live with the Giants

Its the Jets and all the BS that follows them that annoys me

Old
10-21-2012, 10:34 PM
AceintheSpace*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I can live with the Giants

Its the Jets and all the BS that follows them that annoys me

Try living amongst Jets fans. And Bills fans.

I dont particularly care either way, but im not sure what you boys have against the Giants? There isnt a more disrespected team in the league that defies everything when it matters.

Im partial to the Giants for family reasons, but I also dont mind da Bears.

Old
10-21-2012, 10:38 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceintheSpace View Post

I dont particularly care either way, but im not sure what you boys have against the Giants? There isnt a more disrespected team in the league that defies everything when it matters.

In addition of being a Bears fan, I'm a Tom Brady fan.

Old
10-21-2012, 10:39 PM
AceintheSpace*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
In addition of being a Bears fan, I'm a Tom Brady fan.

Touche.

Old
10-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Baltimore is done for this season...
The thing I hate about Baltimore, as a Ray Rice owner in Fantasy Football, is that about 2-3 times per year (and its looking like more this year) Cam Cameron forgets that Ray Rice is the best player on the team. He tries to air it out with Flacco way too often. With all due respect to the Professor John Clayton, Flacco is not only not elite, he's not good. You don't want your offense to depend on that guy. The Ravens are at their best when the offense goes through Ray Rice, and that helps Flaccos' game. Giving the guy 8-9 rushes in a game is insanely stupid, but its happened several times in the last couple of years, and not surprisingly, those games are losses for the Ravens.

More to your point though, they are done because of all the injuries to their defense. They aren't stopping anyone.

Old
10-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceintheSpace View Post

I don't have anything against the Giants, and I don't think they are disrespected. Both years they made their Superbowl runs I felt like they were contenders. People seem to forget that at the start of both of those seasons they had heavy injuries in their secondary and along their defensive line, so they lost a lot of games early on in the season. Their guys got healthy at the right time, and they made their runs. I think Eli Manning gets lucky more than his share of times, but hes been in the same offense for years, and has talent around him, and that Giants defense is BUILT for the playoffs. The same can't be said about the Falcons or the Packers. Giants are always contenders with the personnel they have on D, as long as they are healthy

Old
10-22-2012, 07:08 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

THANK GOD!

With the by week, no hockey and Monday night football it seems like the Bears haven't played in months, thank god it's Monday and the Bears are back on the field. No go beat the piss out of the Lions.

Old
10-22-2012, 07:28 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
THANK GOD!

With the by week, no hockey and Monday night football it seems like the Bears haven't played in months, thank god it's Monday and the Bears are back on the field. No go beat the piss out of the Lions.
I agree. If I wasn't so busy with the wedding/honeymoon/unpacking and things of that nature, I would have disliked the wait even more. I haven't seen a Bears game since week 4 because I didn't get to see the jags game due to travel. Really missing the Blackhawks right now and Bears games are not often enough. Pumped for the game tonight. Hopefully the Bears don't let us all down after this long wait. 27-20 is my guess with Stafford getting picked during his attempt at a comeback in the last 2 minutes of the game, since the Lions only way of winning is the 2-minute drill in the 4th.

Old
10-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
I agree. If I wasn't so busy with the wedding/honeymoon/unpacking and things of that nature, I would have disliked the wait even more. I haven't seen a Bears game since week 4 because I didn't get to see the jags game due to travel. Really missing the Blackhawks right now and Bears games are not often enough. Pumped for the game tonight. Hopefully the Bears don't let us all down after this long wait. 27-20 is my guess with Stafford getting picked during his attempt at a comeback in the last 2 minutes of the game, since the Lions only way of winning is the 2-minute drill in the 4th.
Double or nothing it goes to DJ Moore.

Old
10-22-2012, 09:56 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Double or nothing it goes to DJ Moore.
I'll go with Jennings.

Old
10-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Illinihockey

Bears should knock their dicks in the dirt tonight. 14+ point win.

Old
10-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Bears should knock their dicks in the dirt tonight. 14+ point win.
/like

Old
10-22-2012, 10:24 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
They really should demolish them.

Old
10-22-2012, 11:16 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

They should also hold Jason Hanson to 3 or less fantasy points. Shutting out the Lions would be nice.

Old
10-22-2012, 01:23 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Lions will be staying in a battered women's shelter after tonights game.

Old
10-22-2012, 02:03 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Charles Woodson is out 6 weeks with a broken collarbone

Hey, Cullk

Old
10-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

Second time in less than two years (Super Bowl the other) he broke his collarbone. Both times were in a dome. Just saw that he got hurt with under three minutes left with the team up by 14 points. ****ing stupid. Luckily, we have Jacksonville and a falling Arizona at home and a bye. We'll miss him for three weeks (Detroit, New York, and Minnesota).

Woodson is pretty bad in a coverage nowadays. I prefer House and Hayward over him opposite of Tramon to be honest. Woodson is good blitzing and against the run. His cover skills have gone to hell (see Wayne torching him). Still would love to see him on the field. Guy is a ballhawk and anticipates plays very well. He just can't keep up as well.

Just so you know: Casey Hayward will be the best cornerback in the division within two years. Watch this kid ball. According to PFF, going into this week, Hayward had allowed a passer rating of just 47.6 covering the slot position thus far in his rookie campaign, second best in the NFL to Webb from Baltimore. He is also tied for the NFL lead in interceptions with four.

It is not catastrophic, but it sucks to see my favorite Packer out. Love that guy to death and wish he could play forever.

Last edited by Cullksinikers: 10-22-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old
10-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Second time in less than two years (Super Bowl the other) he broke his collarbone. Both times were in a dome. Just saw that he got hurt with under three minutes left with the team up by 14 points. ****ing stupid. Luckily, we have Jacksonville and a falling Arizona at home and a bye. We'll miss him for three weeks (Detroit, New York, and Minnesota).

Woodson is pretty bad in a coverage nowadays. I prefer House and Hayward over him opposite of Tramon to be honest. Woodson is good blitzing and against the run. His cover skills have gone to hell (see Wayne torching him). Still would love to see him on the field. Guy is a ballhawk and anticipates plays very well. He just can't keep up as well.

Just so you know: Casey Hayward will be the best cornerback in the division within two years. Watch this kid ball. According to PFF, going into this week, Hayward had allowed a passer rating of just 47.6 covering the slot position thus far in his rookie campaign, second best in the NFL to Webb from Baltimore. He is also tied for the NFL lead in interceptions with four.

It is not catastrophic, but it sucks to see my favorite Packer out. Love that guy to death and wish he could play forever.
There's a big difference between covering guys in the slot and covering guys on the outside. Tim Jennings QB rating against is 15.9. But really, the measure of a corner back is how often he's targeted.

Old
10-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
You guys are really taking Lions lightly

Lets not forget they took game vs Bears on MNF last year

I expect a tough back and forth game

Old
10-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

That game was in Detroit, and the Lions were simply a different team during the 5 game winning streak. Since their 5-0 start last year, they have gone 7-10 including the playoff loss.

They're simply not a very good team.

With that said, I am never completely comfortable as long as Calvin Johnson is on that roster.

Closed Thread