HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The Titans\Vols\Dores\Whatever other sport thread(IT ALL GOES HERE) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2012, 01:34 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
its not Dooley's fault Bama is so damn dominant. look at tennessee's SEC schedule. its brutal. any other conference than the SEC and the Vols are a 7-8 win team.

Old
10-21-2012, 03:00 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
its not Dooley's fault Bama is so damn dominant. look at tennessee's SEC schedule. its brutal. any other conference than the SEC and the Vols are a 7-8 win team.
Except they aren't in any other conference, they're in the SEC, and if Dooley can't win against that caliber of opponent, he shouldn't be there.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they keep Dooley forever. There are things I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy that I would wish on the Vols. But he's clearly above his weight class against the likes of Saban, Muschamp, Richt and Spurrier

Old
10-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Nitrous Mafia

UT brass does need to keep in mind that there will be atleast 3 other SEC programs looking for coaches in December. I'd give him one more year.

Old
10-21-2012, 06:36 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
More like, "Cardinals Comeback, complete."

Still can't comprehend how St. Louis won that game.
I still canr comprehend why MLB changed the freaking rules, again, and allowed the cardinals to be in the playoffs

a team that lost their division by 11 games in a 162 game season, just shouldnt be the world series champion.... why bother even having a season... if they are gonna go that route they should shorten the season to 100 games and let 8 teams from each league in and play 4 rounds of best of 7 like hockey does...

Old
10-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Except they aren't in any other conference, they're in the SEC, and if Dooley can't win against that caliber of opponent, he shouldn't be there.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they keep Dooley forever. There are things I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy that I would wish on the Vols. But he's clearly above his weight class against the likes of Saban, Muschamp, Richt and Spurrier
I think you can add Mississippi state's head coach as well as Les Miles

Old
10-21-2012, 08:36 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
I think you can add Mississippi state's head coach as well as Les Miles
so is james franklin the only coach he is better than, since he has beat him? I would say joker phillips too, but joker beat dooley with the wr at qb

Old
10-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
so is james franklin the only coach he is better than, since he has beat him? I would say joker phillips too, but joker beat dooley with the wr at qb
Swap the talent with Franklin and no way Dooley beats him. Having better players makes you better at times. Franklin got more out of his guys than Dooley ever has. The Vols have 3 top 20 NFL picks on their team and is in dead last in the Conference.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Swap the talent with Franklin and no way Dooley beats him. Having better players makes you better at times. Franklin got more out of his guys than Dooley ever has. The Vols have 3 top 20 NFL picks on their team and is in dead last in the Conference.
Patterson is one, Hunter is the second, if you think Bray is a top twenty NFL prospect, his decision making is horrible

Old
10-23-2012, 11:34 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Patterson is one, Hunter is the second, if you think Bray is a top twenty NFL prospect, his decision making is horrible
I would argue Hunter is not a top 20 prospect. The way they are playing, a couple of their lineman can make it, as well as patterson. Hunter, Bray, and the linebacker (johnson?) will get a shot.

Old
10-24-2012, 01:47 AM
mmarti68

#firedooley

Idk how some of you can say that Dooley deserves another season. Our football program is in it's worst condition in 40 years. We have our worst defense in school history. Stooley couldn't even win at La Tech.. he was a panic hire.. a temporary hire.

Now for what I have heard from some very credible sources..

Jon Gruden has legitimate interest in Tennessee. He makes 4.3 million in broadcasting. He has told Dave Hart that he would only coach at Tennessee (alum), and he has looked over our roster with a few of his expected hires. He has informed Hart that he would be expecting a pay raise as well. We have laid down 4.8 million per season on the table and he is trying to negotiate that to 5 mil.

Sources: Veteran well-known and credible posters on Vol Nation. Well-known figures that come in to my work (I work in UT apparel retail.. we see a lot of athletes, coaches, journalists, etc). Oh, and practically everyone on campus is talking about it. I'm a student. The word is out.

Any day now. Tick tock.

Old
10-24-2012, 01:48 AM
mmarti68

Quote:
I would argue Hunter is not a top 20 prospect. The way they are playing, a couple of their lineman can make it, as well as patterson. Hunter, Bray, and the linebacker (johnson?) will get a shot.
You are right. Justin Hunter is nowhere near top 20. I would make the case that AJ Johnson could be, however. He is the man.

Old
10-24-2012, 05:54 AM
alexmanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarti68 View Post
You are right. Justin Hunter is nowhere near top 20. I would make the case that AJ Johnson could be, however. He is the man.
If Hunter drops to the second round I would LOVE the Titans to bring him in. Imagine Britt, Washington, Wright, Hunter and D-Will. That would be an amazing set of weapons for Locker. Plus our TE's are excellent with Jared Cook and Craig Stevens.

Old
10-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Not what I'm saying It's what the NFL draft people were saying in the preseason. FYI my news comes from Knoxville and they called Bray the best QB in the game after the GA St game and now are calling for his head.

As a Vandy fan I think the 2 Jordans are better but I'm biased. UT has more talent but Vandy is better coached, and has more heart.

Last edited by Gnashville: 10-24-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old
10-24-2012, 03:53 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
#firedooley

Idk how some of you can say that Dooley deserves another season. Our football program is in it's worst condition in 40 years. We have our worst defense in school history. Stooley couldn't even win at La Tech.. he was a panic hire.. a temporary hire.

Jon Gruden has legitimate interest in Tennessee. He makes 4.3 million in broadcasting. He has told Dave Hart that he would only coach at Tennessee (alum), and he has looked over our roster with a few of his expected hires. He has informed Hart that he would be expecting a pay raise as well. We have laid down 4.8 million per season on the table and he is trying to negotiate that to 5 mil.

Sources: Veteran well-known and credible posters on Vol Nation. Well-known figures that come in to my work (I work in UT apparel retail.. we see a lot of athletes, coaches, journalists, etc). Oh, and practically everyone on campus is talking about it. I'm a student. The word is out.

Any day now. Tick tock.
I would be happy if the Vols hired Gruden so I wouldn't have to hear him say "This guy, this guy right here is a great football player" 500 times every MNF game.

Old
10-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
I would be happy if the Vols hired Gruden so I wouldn't have to hear him say "This guy, this guy right here is a great football player" 500 times every MNF game.
"I can win with this guy" ...

Old
10-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
If Hunter drops to the second round I would LOVE the Titans to bring him in. Imagine Britt, Washington, Wright, Hunter and D-Will. That would be an amazing set of weapons for Locker. Plus our TE's are excellent with Jared Cook and Craig Stevens.
It would definitely take some imagination... Britt can't stay on the field and Palmer won't utilize Cook properly

Old
10-25-2012, 11:02 AM
token grinder

Quote:
he is all heart and no footspeed kinda guy. will be interesting to see if he can stick to an nfl club

Old
10-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
he is all heart and no footspeed kinda guy. will be interesting to see if he can stick to an nfl club
Bill Clement has better hands than him.

Old
10-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Not what I'm saying It's what the NFL draft people were saying in the preseason. FYI my news comes from Knoxville and they called Bray the best QB in the game after the GA St game and now are calling for his head.

As a Vandy fan I think the 2 Jordans are better but I'm biased. UT has more talent but Vandy is better coached, and has more heart.
Couldn't agree more with that statement right there and I don't like either of these programs.

Old
10-26-2012, 12:51 AM
Nitrous Mafia

oh, gruden is coming to YOUR team, you say?

i haven't seen this movie before

Old
10-26-2012, 05:56 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Atleast college basketball is starting up. Kentucky is young and raw but we will be expecting success as always from them.

Old
10-26-2012, 06:07 PM
cleangene

Quote:
#firedooley

Any day now. Tick tock.
For what its worth, Gruden is an alum of Dayton (OH) U. His wife is the UT alumn, and unless he is a woos like one well-known former PREDATOR, I doubt his wife will make the final decision about what he wants to do with the rest of his life. As has been mentioned by most "experts", there have been and will be oodles of NFL coaching jobs for him to select if he wants to get back in that profession, so why would he settle for being a college coach? Stranger things have happened, though, so we will see. Does the final match get lit to burn that seat as early as tomorrow evening following their performance at SC????

Old
10-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Adz

He has actual ties, too. He was a coach at UT as a graduate assistant in the mid 80's.

Old
10-27-2012, 06:01 AM
Predatorbill

vCash: 50
I think that UT needs to get a coach that can recruit and coach college football. They shouldn't just hire the name because it is the safe bet and they want to keep their jobs.

Old
10-27-2012, 08:48 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatorbill View Post
I think that UT needs to get a coach that can recruit and coach college football. They shouldn't just hire the name because it is the safe bet and they want to keep their jobs.
I have a feeling that this will go down the way that the Peyton Manning fiasco went down, feelers, not serious enough ... Charlie Strong signs a long term deal with Arkansas and Gruden stays in the booth waiting for a better job

Last edited by Joe T Choker: 10-27-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Closed Thread