HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Luongo Thread [Mod Warning in OP]

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2012, 11:33 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
But you said Kulemin Colbourne and Blacker is not good enough I DONT UNDERSTAND OH GOD-

EDIT: Blacker in place of a pick
Except Higgins and Kulemin are a wash, as are Schroeder and Blacker. Raymond + Luongo for Colborne is absurd.

Kulemin, Colborne, and Finn for Luongo alone would have me thinking though.

Old
10-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Except Higgins and Kulemin are a wash, as are Schroeder and Blacker. Raymond + Luongo for Colborne is absurd.

Kulemin, Colborne, and Finn for Luongo alone would have me thinking though.
I agree with your first and last statement and completely disagree on Schroder having the same upside or career potential as Blacker.

Old
10-21-2012, 11:42 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
I agree with your first and last statement and completely disagree on Schroder having the same upside or career potential as Blacker.
I think Schroeder will have a greater impact than Blacker.

10-22-2012, 12:03 AM
THE HOFF

Pretty hilarious to read what the canucks' most vocal fans are asking for luongo. Kadri is included because of his fitness report, but let's not fool ourselves here - it was a clumsy way to motivate him, not a plan to put him on sale with a discount-. Time is on Kadri's side ... and its not like Luongo is the missing piece for a contending leafs' roster. No need to overpay.

Its the arrogance with which VAN fans are posting that is the biggest problem here. Its okay to pretend you guys are in control but truth is the dynamic will be unhealthy with Luongo as #2 and the urgency to trade him (at his own request) doesnt add any value to your side of the deal. (+ contract, + age , ect ... )

to those who keep saying crap like : ''You don't know how the canucks are built '' ... ect ...

They are powerplay heroes, with a hot goalie tandem and a great D. A very good regular season team, until those powerplay kings turn into ghosts and get knocked out in the POs .

I doubt that schneider will be as dominant as a labeled #1, he might ... but from the top of his 68 NHL games (amazing stats in those 68 games no doubt) ... I wouldn't be willing to say he is ready to carry the load on his own without at least crossing my fingers, especially if I was a nucks fan.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:12 AM
rypper

I think it's kind of foolish to assume all canuck's fans are making the assumption schneider is the clear cut #1 next season/whenever the season starts. If Lou is still here I imagine it'll be a competition for starts and whoever looks the best gets the nod. Luongo is an ultra competitive player and won't want to just ride the pine, but his play will dictate that.

I think he thrives in situations like that and won't become a "cancer" or anything negative. Plus if him and schneider fight it out for starts and he plays really well it will only improve his value.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:20 AM
kthsn

vCash: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
They are powerplay heroes, with a hot goalie tandem and a great D. A very good regular season team, until those powerplay kings turn into ghosts and get knocked out in the POs .
Common misconception.

We rely on Luongo/Schneider like defensive teams rely on their goalies.

The difference being our dmen pinch constantly and give up odd man rushes numerous times.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:21 AM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper View Post
I think it's kind of foolish to assume all canuck's fans are making the assumption schneider is the clear cut #1 next season/whenever the season starts.
In all honesty I've been hoping Schneider was moved since day 1

If you can get a premium/market value for Schneider and the return for Lu is discounted it makes more sense to trade Schneider, no?

Something like
Cory Schneider

To the Islanders for
Josh Bailey + Nino Niederieder

Old
10-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Sonny21
Registerd User

vCash: 50
You're not getting a 1st round pick, at least I surely hope not. Fans would want Burke's head if he trades our 1st and he knows that.

I think a deal around Bozak + Kadri/Colborne/etc is very reasonable return. You can tweak it here and there. I personally wouldn't trade Kulemin at all but if Burke is, then Kulemin+Mac/prospect/2nd.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
The Canucks were the 2nd ranked even strength team in the league in '10-11 and the 4th ranked even strength team in '11-12.

You don't like arrogance, I don't like ignorance.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Kadri, Bozak, Finn.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:24 AM
Kesler is Bestler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
In all honesty I've been hoping Schneider was moved since day 1

If you can get a premium/market value for Schneider and the return for Lu is discounted it makes more sense to trade Schneider, no?

Something like
Cory Schneider

To the Islanders for
Josh Bailey + Nino Niederieder
Same here... I say trade whoever gets us the best return

Old
10-22-2012, 12:26 AM
Sonny21
Registerd User

Quote:
Kadri, Bozak, Finn.
Counter with Bozak, Colborne and Blacker for Luongo and 4th or Bozak+kadri+Blacker for Luongo +2nd.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post
You're not getting a 1st round pick, at least I surely hope not. Fans would want Burke's head if he trades our 1st and he knows that.

I think a deal around Bozak + Kadri/Colborne/etc is very reasonable return. You can tweak it here and there. I personally wouldn't trade Kulemin at all but if Burke is, then Kulemin+Mac/prospect/2nd.
If the 1st, Gardiner and Riellly are off the table than Matt Finn has to be included in the package IMO.

How long until Finn joins the untouchable list along with the 1st, Rielly, Gardiner, Phaneuf, Kessel, Lupul, JVR and Kulemin?

Old
10-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Counter with Bozak, Colborne and Blacker or Bozak+kadri+Blacker for Luongo +2nd.
Now you're just trying to see how low I go. I'd add a 3rd to Luongo if you keep Finn in. Take it or leave it.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I think a lot of people are forgetting that Luongo is an elite, impact goaltender who is just one season removed from being a Vezina finalist.

Jake Gardiner, Carter Ashton and a 1st round pick for Roberto Luongo sounds about right.
So this thread was right on track with some Canucks fans coming up with decent proposals and then you come right back with this ****. You never disappoint.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:29 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeLoBlue View Post
So this thread was right on track with some Canucks fans coming up with decent proposals and then you come right back with this ****. You never disappoint.
Every now and then a Leafs fan does the same, I'm afraid.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:29 AM
Sonny21
Registerd User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
If the 1st, Gardiner and Riellly are off the table than Matt Finn has to be included in the package IMO.

How long until Finn joins the untouchable list along with the 1st, Rielly, Gardiner, Phaneuf, Kessel, Lupul and Kulemin?
He won't be part of untouchables but he carries same value as 1st round pick (not ours per say but in general).

So if you want Finn ok. Finn+Mac+Scrivens?

Old
10-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
He won't be part of untouchables () but he carries same value as 1st round pick (not ours per say but in general).

So if you want Finn ok. Finn+Mac+Scrivens?
No Scrivens/Reimer coming back. We have Lack as a backup, as well as Cannata eventually, who also looks promising.

I'm not going any lower. Finn, Kadri, Bozak for Luongo + 3rd.

Maybe maybe you could get me to drop the 3rd and swap Kadri for Colborne, but I have a feeling Kadri's on his way out of TO.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:33 AM
Sonny21
Registerd User

Quote:
Now you're just trying to see how low I go. I'd add a 3rd to Luongo if you keep Finn in. Take it or leave it.
If you want Finn, how about Finn+Bozak+5th? Personally I'd trade Blacker/Percy before Finn, but I do understand you gotta give to get as well.

Quote:
No Scrivens/Reimer coming back. We have Lack as a backup, as well as Cannata eventually, who also looks promising.

I'm not going any lower. Finn, Kadri, Bozak for Luongo + 3rd.
You won't get BOTH kadri AND Finn along with Bozak. Bozak+Kadri/Finn would be main pieces which I think is fair.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
If you want Finn, how about Finn+Bozak+5th? Personally I'd trade Blacker/Percy before Finn, but I do understand you gotta give to get as well.
Don't forget Bozak is an upcomig UFA, as is Macarthur. Luongo for a rental and a prospect is too low.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:36 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeLoBlue View Post
Nope. Just reasonable value for a goalie as good as Roberto Luongo. We aren't talking about trading someone like Corey Crawford or Antti Niemi to the Leafs. We're talking about a legitimate elite franchise goaltender. I think over all of the bickering and constant trashing of contract lengths that this fact has been forgotten.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:37 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
You're damn right we don't. **** that noise.

My gut tells me, and I really hope, that if the words "first round pick" come out of Gillis' mouth while negotiating, Burke hangs up the phone. Don't give a crap about the possibility of Luongo, "maybe" taking us to the playoffs. It's no guarantee. The Leafs are in the position they're in by doing what Canucks fans and some Leafs fans are advocating, trading futures for a quick fix.

Sorry, but we've seen this show for the past decade, and look where it's gotten us. I highly doubt the Canucks receive a first rounder from us for Lu, and if a deal is contingent on the Leafs adding their first, then Luongo can stay away for all I care.
That is cool and all, but you are not in Burke's position so it's easy to talk. Keep in mind Gaustad netted a 1st last year......

Old
10-22-2012, 12:40 AM
StringerBell

Luongo + Raymond for Kulemin, Bozak + Colborne/Ashton/Biggs/Blacker/Finn would interest me too. No untouchable pieces from TO in there, but I imagine they wouldn't want to give up Kulemin and Bozak. Our roster would be amazing though.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Kulemin
Higgins-Bozak-Hansen
Malhotra-Lapierre-Kassian

Old
Sonny21
Registerd User

Quote:
Don't forget Bozak is an upcomig UFA, as is Macarthur. Luongo for a rental and a prospect is too low.
Although his ufa at season's end, I really think the term "rental" is over used considering you would be getting him for the whole season starting from training camp.

I also said we could make minor tweaks to it, Bozak+Kadri+4th/prospect/roster player like Mac for Luongo and Raymond or someone with expiring contract (if Mac is included).

Old
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:

Its the arrogance with which VAN fans are posting that is the biggest problem here. Its okay to pretend you guys are in control but truth is the dynamic will be unhealthy with Luongo as #2 and the urgency to trade him (at his own request) doesnt add any value to your side of the deal. (+ contract, + age , ect ... )

I really think the biggest problem here is people getting off topic, is that not why the other threads have been locked time and time again. Don't see the relevance in your statement in regards to Luongo's value and our "power play heroes" but if you could enlighten me that would be awesome.

I would rather keep Luongo unless we can get something that can actually improve our chances of winning and not just to make sure we don't run into supposed locker room mayhem. I would be willing to wait and watch as teams who run with sketchy goltending get desperate than sell low now.

Closed Thread