keppel146
We love Bacon

vCash: 500
i wish we could get our hands on ryan pulock

Old
10-08-2012, 10:14 AM
mikko1995

If you want to see a full game of Barkov; this was posted on his thread on the Prospects forums, Barkov is #16 and wears the golden helmet:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarnov View Post
I made a video which includes all Barkov's shifts from HIFK-Tappara game played earlier this week. His linemates are #17 Ville Nieminen and #25 Henrik Haapala. Tappara won the game 3-2.

period1
period2
period3

Old
10-11-2012, 01:02 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

I've asked the prospects forum about "shoot first" prospects for 2013 here. Overall, even before asking, it seems like there's more options than usual. Guess someone had to learn to be finishers with all those playmakers and puck movers over the past couple drafts.

Old
10-21-2012, 10:28 PM
dwanmaster*
Rap Game Adam Banks

vCash: 1660
Well if there is a full year lockout the Wild,Islanders,Blue Jackets and Leafs all have the best chances at the number one pick (assuming they do the same drawing system of last time)

Old
10-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
^Welcome!

Old
10-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
I've asked the prospects forum about "shoot first" prospects for 2013 here. Overall, even before asking, it seems like there's more options than usual. Guess someone had to learn to be finishers with all those playmakers and puck movers over the past couple drafts.
Out of those guys mentioned (besides obviously MacKinnon), I'd be pleased if we'd be able to get Hunter Shinkaruk. Could be available even with a late 1st rounder. Hopefully danccchan can give us a good scouting report about him...

Old
10-22-2012, 08:55 AM
651*

Quote:
HIGH-MN
B SKATERS
Zach Glienke LW Eagan 6'2.5 190
Connor Hurley C Edina High 6'1.25 172
Avery Peterson C Grand Rapids 6'1.75 193
Parker Reno C Edina High 6'0.5 190
Thomas Vannelli D Minnetonka 6'1.5 165
C SKATERS
Max Becker RW Shattuck-St. Mary's Prep 5'9.25 185
Grant Besse RW Benilde-St. Margaret's 5'8.5 177
Christopher Forney D Thief River Falls 6'1.5 176
Jake Guentzel C Hill-Murray 5'8 140
Adam Johnson C Hibbing HS 5'11.25 142
Teemu Kivihalme D Burnsville 5'11.25 158
Zach Lavalle RW Hill-Murray 5'10 184
Thomas Lindstom LW Breck High 5'10.25 165
Derek Olmschenk D Cretin-Derham 6'3.5 218
Neal Pionk D Hermantown 5'10.5 162
Willie Raskob D Shattuck-St. Mary's Prep 5'9.5 198
James Schuldt D Minnetonka 5'11 195
Jake Zeleznikar D Hermantown 6'0.5 179
C GOALTENDERS
Anthony Brodeur G Shattuck-St. Mary's Prep 5'10.75 177

Old
10-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post
Out of those guys mentioned (besides obviously MacKinnon), I'd be pleased if we'd be able to get Hunter Shinkaruk. Could be available even with a late 1st rounder. Hopefully danccchan can give us a good scouting report about him...
I would bet my account that Shinkaruk goes top 10.

Old
10-22-2012, 05:31 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
I would bet my account that Shinkaruk goes top 10.
It certainly appears that way at this point in time. Keep in mind, however, that in October 2011, Nick Ebert was listed as a sure-fire top 10 pick (FC had him at 4th) and he ended up being the last person selected in the draft. Grigorenko had been talked about as a potential #1 through the year but he went 12th. There's a lot of hockey to be played before the draft.

Fortunately for the Wild, it seems there's a number of potential players of that type so someone should last at least to the middle of the first round. MacKinnon will almost certainly be gone by our pick, but maybe one or more of Shinkaruk, Lazar, Rychel, Tolchinsky, Lehkonen, and maybe a few others of a like skill set could be available.

Old
10-23-2012, 03:21 PM
TZM
Par too easy

Another interesting Finn - a laterounder - would be Miro Aaltonen. 1993 born undrafted. Kid has some scoring power. Plays for Espoo Blues, SM-liiga. Small but feisty.

2012-13 Blues GP16, G8 + A1 = 9P

Last edited by TZM: 10-23-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old
10-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

I am going to shamelessly link my own post here. I'm doing a series of analysis. Here is the 1st part of October:

Hockey Prospect Handbook

Quote:
Every month, I hope to take an anaylsis to all the rankings giving out that I really pay attention to. Those rankings include Craig Button, Future Considerations, ISS and a few others.

Since this is the first post ever of this monthly series, I am going to want to introduce the rankings that I will be analyzing and why I trust their opinion. Also, because this is the first issue, it is going to be a long one, so I decided to split it into several posts. So pay attention!

Old
10-30-2012, 05:22 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

vCash: 523
If there is a year long lockout and we get a high pick, everything that I've read about Josh Morrisey makes him an intriguing option. But I bet a lot of you don't want another high pick going for a defenseman.

Old
10-30-2012, 05:25 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utterly Disgusting View Post
If there is a year long lockout and we get a high pick, everything that I've read about Josh Morrisey makes him an intriguing option. But I bet a lot of you don't want another high pick going for a defenseman.
I'd be for a 2nd rounder going to a defender, but with all the high end amazing forwards, Barkov, Mackinnon, Monahan, Shinkaruk, and so on, I think you'd have to take one of them.

Old
10-30-2012, 05:27 PM
forthewild

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=130691

if we are picking high this is a guy to keep an eye on

Old
10-30-2012, 05:37 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
But I bet a lot of you don't want another high pick going for a defenseman.
I do. Our defensemen outside of Brodin and Scandy haven't shown a lot. Dumba is going to be good but he's a work in progress. We could always use another defenseman as they take a while to develop. (and by high pick, I mean a 2nd rounder)

Old
10-30-2012, 05:45 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
it depends on the D. right now we have the offensive assets to get a decent D prospect if we had to. God bless a full prospect pool! I was an advocate for taking D no matter what the last couple years but this year is a BPA year for me. Organizational needs isn't screaming for anything right now though we're still lighter on high potential D than we are at forward or in goal.

Old
10-30-2012, 05:48 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
If we end up with a seriously high pick due to the lockout, I'd want it to be spent on a shooter. This draft seems to have more of them available than the last few. Most seasons it seems you need a top 5 pick to get a genuine sniper type player. Looking at Dan's composite ranking (just to repeat his warning, it's an average of rankings not his personal ranking) a guy like Rychel could be available mid-round and a guy like Lehkonen could still be around even late in the first. I don't know how this organization can justify picking up a Pulock when a Lazar or Shinkaruk are on the board.

The way I see it, the first 2-3 picks you have to take the outright best player available. Picking second and you're absolutely stacked on defense? Too bad, you just have to pick Jones. From the 3rd or 4th pick through to the middle of the round, it seems to me that you should lean towards institutional need a little more. Maybe you think Ristolainen is going to be an overall "better" player than Shinkaruk, but you're the Wild and beyond Zucker and Seto, there's no one in the system that wants to shoot so I'd go with Shinkaruk. Late round is mostly for picking up the crumbs. If you're picking 25th, you probably still have one of your top 15 guys available just because of how differently each team ranks players. There's enough of a difference between that player and the next that need likely doesn't factor in.

Old
10-31-2012, 12:33 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

agreed on the part that we need another good forward, heatley wont last forever. like said before theres tons of talent at the forward position. hopefully we get a good position in the draft to get a great prospect

Old
10-31-2012, 04:54 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
If we end up with a seriously high pick due to the lockout, I'd want it to be spent on a shooter. This draft seems to have more of them available than the last few. Most seasons it seems you need a top 5 pick to get a genuine sniper type player. Looking at Dan's composite ranking (just to repeat his warning, it's an average of rankings not his personal ranking) a guy like Rychel could be available mid-round and a guy like Lehkonen could still be around even late in the first. I don't know how this organization can justify picking up a Pulock when a Lazar or Shinkaruk are on the board.

The way I see it, the first 2-3 picks you have to take the outright best player available. Picking second and you're absolutely stacked on defense? Too bad, you just have to pick Jones. From the 3rd or 4th pick through to the middle of the round, it seems to me that you should lean towards institutional need a little more. Maybe you think Ristolainen is going to be an overall "better" player than Shinkaruk, but you're the Wild and beyond Zucker and Seto, there's no one in the system that wants to shoot so I'd go with Shinkaruk. Late round is mostly for picking up the crumbs. If you're picking 25th, you probably still have one of your top 15 guys available just because of how differently each team ranks players. There's enough of a difference between that player and the next that need likely doesn't factor in.
I like Rychel a lot and he definitely fills a need for the Wild. I'd be thrilled if they got him.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:19 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Part 2 (http://hockeyprospecthandbook.blogsp...ctober_31.html)

Quote:
However, one prospect I would like to comment on is Kerby Rychel. This prospect is one I had a debate with other online hockey fans. One poster told me something on the lines of "since when has a player scored 40+ goals before their draft year and NOT been selected high?". That poster is right, it seems almost every year, a player like that is always selected high.

But in my viewings of Rychel in the U-18 tournament, he just might be the exception. Yes, he is a great forechecker, has very good size, and is a goal scoring machine when it comes to deflections and garbage goals. But in my opinion, he didn't appear to be the type of prospect that is dynamic and that could generate offense himself, something you want in a top 10 prospect.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:21 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
i wish we could get our hands on ryan pulock
He's a good one. Saw him the other day playing against the Giants. Some people say he's an dynamic offensive defenseman, I just don't see it.

To me, he's a super smart two-way defenseman. He isn't dynamic, isn't that physical (decent), and doesn't have much room to grow. But he's supersmart, has great selection of shots, and is great defensively. He was mistake free in the game. A Brodin-Pulock pair would be the smartest pair in the NHL if they developed as expected.

If the Wild continue picking players with top hockey sense, Pulock can be their man. Not sure if he has #1 potential, but he's most definitely can be a complimentary #2 guy.

Again, just one game, so maybe I just saw his weaker game, which would mean he's amazing when he IS on...

Old
10-31-2012, 07:34 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

I love threads like these. A safe haven from the lockout.

Old
10-31-2012, 08:45 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

If Minnesota gets a high draft pick (which is actually likely), I think we'll have the best prospect group. We have a lot of balance, with some depth issues on defense but our forwards and goalies are sick. I mean Gustafsson, Hackett, Kuemper? That's disgusting for depth. Minnesota is so lucky.

Old
10-31-2012, 08:54 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
If Minnesota gets a high draft pick (which is actually likely), I think we'll have the best prospect group. We have a lot of balance, with some depth issues on defense but our forwards and goalies are sick. I mean Gustafsson, Hackett, Kuemper? That's disgusting for depth. Minnesota is so lucky.
We could use a scorer, so Lazar or Mantha I would be very interested in, to a lesser extent, Burakovsky.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:11 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
We could use a scorer, so Lazar or Mantha I would be very interested in, to a lesser extent, Burakovsky.
Would love to grab Barkov. That...that would be intense if we grabbed Barkov. Could our prospect group would be insane.

Closed Thread