HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 2

View Poll Results: Would You?
HELL YEAH! 2 4.55%
I would hink about it then say yes 1 2.27%
Would think about it then say no 5 11.36%
Where are they making this bs from? 36 81.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2012, 10:41 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
luo for petro and matthias id say yes. 1st round pick absolutely not.
I would say no if Petro was to be included. Remember we don't really need Luongo with Markstrom in the wings. Petro will be valued more to us then aquiring Luongo especially after losing Garrison to FA this offseason.

You could make a case, well we signed Kuba. But Kuba is getting old and IMO is only a stopgap until Petro is ready.

Old
10-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I would say no if Petro was to be included. Remember we don't really need Luongo with Markstrom in the wings. Petro will be valued more to us then aquiring Luongo especially after losing Garrison to FA this offseason.

You could make a case, well we signed Kuba. But Kuba is getting old and IMO is only a stopgap until Petro is ready.
You are 100% correct there. Especially add in the fact that Jovo is 36 now, Weaver is 34, Campbell is 33 and we need to keep our top defensive prospects to develop and eventually replace those 4 guys, probably in the next 2 yrs. Campbell is the only guy I can see playing to a high level till his contract is almost done TBH too. Both Weaver & Kuba have deals that end in 2 yrs so that would be good timing to bring in a guy like Petrovic.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:38 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
You are 100% correct there. Especially add in the fact that Jovo is 36 now, Weaver is 34, Campbell is 33 and we need to keep our top defensive prospects to develop and eventually replace those 4 guys, probably in the next 2 yrs. Campbell is the only guy I can see playing to a high level till his contract is almost done TBH too. Both Weaver & Kuba have deals that end in 2 yrs so that would be good timing to bring in a guy like Petrovic.
I guess You guys are higher on petro than I am. I'd be more willing to give him up than others such as howden.

Old
10-22-2012, 02:36 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
I guess You guys are higher on petro than I am. I'd be more willing to give him up than others such as howden.
I'm not suggesting we give up Howden either. I just dont think Luongo is worth giving up one of our top 5 prospects and Petrovic is #5 but could be higher in the long run. And I think in the end, Petrovic will be more important to our team than Howden.

I'm trying to understand why you aren't high on Petrovic really? I think Petrovic has a ton of value because he's a right-handed shot (rare for top 4 caliber d-men), has size & willingness to use it (which we need more of), is not a bad skater and can provide some offense too. And to me, he's a lot closer to being a contributor than some guys so to me, thats more valuable than other prospects.

Old
10-22-2012, 04:25 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Quote:
I'm not suggesting we give up Howden either. I just dont think Luongo is worth giving up one of our top 5 prospects and Petrovic is #5 but could be higher in the long run. And I think in the end, Petrovic will be more important to our team than Howden.

I'm trying to understand why you aren't high on Petrovic really? I think Petrovic has a ton of value because he's a right-handed shot (rare for top 4 caliber d-men), has size & willingness to use it (which we need more of), is not a bad skater and can provide some offense too. And to me, he's a lot closer to being a contributor than some guys so to me, thats more valuable than other prospects.
Im not low on petro but i do think one of our prospects would have to go back to vancouver if we end up trading with them. We already have tons of depth on the blue line and drafting matheson this summer only adds to that fact. I haven't seen enough of petrovic to really judge his quality compared to our other prospects.

Old
10-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Coolburn

Quote:
Im not low on petro but i do think one of our prospects would have to go back to vancouver if we end up trading with them. We already have tons of depth on the blue line and drafting matheson this summer only adds to that fact. I haven't seen enough of petrovic to really judge his quality compared to our other prospects.
I agree that one of our prospects would have to go back but I dont think it should be one of our top 5 (which Petrovic is). As I demonstrated, our depth on the blue line isnt as deep when you factor that we have 4 vets that are over 33 and 2 of those guys are 35+. So we need that depth to replace those guys within the next few seasons. Petrovic and Robak are probably about 1 yr away from being able to crack an NHL lineup too.

Matheson isnt even as sure of a prospect as Petrovic and I would give up Matheson easily before Petrovic (and I'm probably one of the few people on here that liked the Matheson pick right away). I'd also move Robak before Petrovic but I think we could really benefit from keeping both of them (and they have looked good from what I saw being paired together). Still I see no reason to move a d-man when as I've shown we're not as deep as everyone believes on the blue line. The deepest position in our organization is actually LW so I would look to be willing to trade one of those prospects over defense. Anyone after Howden should be made available.

Old
10-22-2012, 07:07 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
I agree that one of our prospects would have to go back but I dont think it should be one of our top 5 (which Petrovic is). As I demonstrated, our depth on the blue line isnt as deep when you factor that we have 4 vets that are over 33 and 2 of those guys are 35+. So we need that depth to replace those guys within the next few seasons. Petrovic and Robak are probably about 1 yr away from being able to crack an NHL lineup too.

Matheson isnt even as sure of a prospect as Petrovic and I would give up Matheson easily before Petrovic (and I'm probably one of the few people on here that liked the Matheson pick right away). I'd also move Robak before Petrovic but I think we could really benefit from keeping both of them (and they have looked good from what I saw being paired together). Still I see no reason to move a d-man when as I've shown we're not as deep as everyone believes on the blue line. The deepest position in our organization is actually LW so I would look to be willing to trade one of those prospects over defense. Anyone after Howden should be made available.
I'm waiting for the day that its announced Toronto has acquired Luongo and we can pretend these talks never happened.

Old
10-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
I'm waiting for the day that its announced Toronto has acquired Luongo and we can pretend these talks never happened.
Yes, what a glorious day that will be. Geez.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:42 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
And Toronto fans are waiting for the day Florida acquires Lu so Theodore can solve our goaltending problems

Old
02-10-2013, 06:34 AM
WhiteMandingo

The Value Of Kris Versteeg?

Yes. I am a Bruins fan, but since Dale Talon made all of his aquisition moves last season I have watched many panther games. Because I like proving people wrong and they are an underdog team I started cheering hard for the panthers. But Kris Versteeg seems disinterested here (despite him finally getting top line minutes and a good paycheck.). Now as you probably noticed from my username and picture I am a Bruins fan. Boston has a big whole to fill on their 3rd line with Kelly and Peverley. I believe Versteeg would be a very good fit.

Its not like the panthers are out of the playoff hunt yet so this might seem pre-mature but he has been pretty bad recently. Just wondering what it would cost for the bruins to snag him.

Old
02-10-2013, 06:41 AM
WhiteMandingo

One thing that makes this thread kinda funny, is that Versteeg was a Boston draft pick. We traded him for Brandon Bochenski haha.

Old
02-10-2013, 06:51 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Not happening.

He's a streaky goal scorer that is recovering from an injury and as close to an O threat we have.

Old
02-10-2013, 08:50 AM
ShootIt

Unless we get a goal scorer in return, No point.

We are not in the blow it up, need picks and prospects phases any more. Tallon wants a competitive team So that the guys in our system have to earn NHL ice time. Also, to keep his job.

Versteeg, Flash, Kopecky (guys we signed a year ago) have a small chance of being traded. They are the vets Tallon and Dineen.want the prospects to learn from and compete with for ice time.
Maybe Bergernheim could get moved oOnly if he pisses of the Fo with that grievance.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:09 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Doubt Tallon trades one of his guys.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:17 PM
RainingRats

Signed until 2015 at 4.4 mill a year. I'd trade him at the deadline if we're out of it or at the draft. You can see why he's on his fourth team. If we lose Weiss to free agency we could use Weiss's money and Versteeg's money to go after a big UFA. Of course, I know as well as anyone and even tell people all the time, we don't sign big free agents.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Signed until 2015 at 4.4 mill a year. I'd trade him at the deadline if we're out of it or at the draft. You can see why he's on his fourth team. If we lose Weiss to free agency we could use Weiss's money and Versteeg's money to go after a big UFA. Of course, I know as well as anyone and even tell people all the time, we don't sign big free agents.
I'd deal Versteeg in a heartbeat if it meant keeping Weiss for sure.

Old
02-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Some Kings fans are talkin about maybe moving Brown, they're talking about Evander, there any way of he's available we could get Brown?

02-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Steeger will stay, he's a second liner, but he doesn't fit on our second line.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:03 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Hey, Blues fan coming in peace. If you guys are out of it at the deadline, what would you be looking for, for Weiss? Anything from the Blues interest you prospect wise? We could use a 1b/2nd line offensive center to make a strong run at the Cup.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:35 AM
tfong

Looking for some info on Mueller. How has he been? Is he worth holding onto in a deep league or is he just not cutting it? He seems to not have taken many shots in the last few games.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Hey, Blues fan coming in peace. If you guys are out of it at the deadline, what would you be looking for, for Weiss? Anything from the Blues interest you prospect wise? We could use a 1b/2nd line offensive center to make a strong run at the Cup.
Schwartz +

Old
02-11-2013, 09:58 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Looking for some info on Mueller. How has he been? Is he worth holding onto in a deep league or is he just not cutting it? He seems to not have taken many shots in the last few games.
He hustles every game. He's a shoot first, pass second guy which is nice. He's been one of our most consistent forwards, at least effort wise. I think everyone is happy with the signing. Last two games he was moved up to the top line so he might be having chemistry problems. Overall, he's been good.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:22 AM
ChiHawk21

What would it take from the hawks to get weiss at the deadline

Old
02-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Coolburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
What would it take from the hawks to get weiss at the deadline
Based on your post in the Weiss thread, more than you're willing to give up. Honestly FL doesnt need more prospects so it wouldnt be something they would use to build around that. Chicago's 1st rounder looks like it wont be lower than 28th so limited value there too. So really what does Chicago have to offer of value that would entice the Panthers and that the Hawks can give up? The only thing that would satisfy a need would be Brandon Saad and I'm sure you wont be willing to offer that.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Garbs
HFBoards Sponsor

I guess this would be the best place to ask this.

I'm in a keeper league and we're allowed to carry 2 rookies over to next year. I'm thinking about picking up Markstrom off waivers with the anticipation he'll be playing more next season.

I have a few questions, what is the likelihood of Florida resigning Theodore? If they do sign him, who do you anticipate being the starter and backup?