HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

St. Louis - Calgary

Old
10-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 View Post
Switch JBo with Gio but then change McDonald to Steen.

We could keep or eliminate the Backlund for Rattie part as that is likely a wash. I'd rather keep the 2/3 2 way center then the projected 2/3 winger though.
So Steen for Giordano?

I like Steen, but I would make that trade.

Also to Calgary fans, if JBo is still your # 1 defender why is it harder to trade for Gio? Logically speaking either Gio is the better player and thus JBo isn't the #1 or JBo is better and Gio shouldn't be as hard to trade for.

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 08:10 PM
SaintMorose

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
So Steen for Giordano?

Also to Calgary fans, if JBo is still your # 1 defender why is it harder to trade for Gio? Logically speaking either Gio is the better player and thus JBo isn't the #1 or JBo is better and Gio shouldn't be as hard to trade for.
Its the contract and grit factor. Gio makes us a harder team to play against and is on a great deal. But Bouwmeester can put up the big minutes against top lines and will likely be paired with Wideman so his head and speed will be as important as ever. Either way they both leave big holes in our team if they are to be traded so getting rid of either for forward depth doesn't help us

SaintMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 01:57 PM
flameaholic

vCash: 500
No from Calgary's perspective. McDonald is 35 and injury prone, and Rattie is a question mark. Bouwmeester's departure would also leave a huge hole on Calgary's defense.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
Bouwmeester > McDonald (Take age and minutes played into consideration.)

Rattie > Backlund (I'm saying this in confidence that Rattie will be an impact player. Backlund has proven he can play at the NHL level).

Blues fans can scoff at it, but I think it's close.
The absolute value is not too far off, but the relative value of each player to his current organization is what makes the deal unworkable.

Andy McDonald is the Blues' best "pure" offensive weapon at the moment, and he is far more valuable to the Blues than Jay Bouwmeester would be. Far, far more valuable. I don't think you'll find more Blues' fans than you can count on your fingers who actually want Bouwmeester and his enormous, unwieldy contract in St. Louis.

Backlund, I like, and he'd be a good addition to the Blues' prospect pool... but I'm not sure that his value as a future top six center is greater to the Blues than Rattie's value as a future top-six winger.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
So Steen for Giordano?

That would be a bitter pill for the Blues to swallow, but I think I'd make that trade, too... the organ-I-zation can make up the loss of Steen with players already in hand (Tarasenko, Schwartz, possibly Lehtera).

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 10:13 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
That would be a bitter pill for the Blues to swallow, but I think I'd make that trade, too... the organ-I-zation can make up the loss of Steen with players already in hand (Tarasenko, Schwartz, possibly Lehtera).
You're out of your mind if you think the Flames will trade their #2 d-man for your 3rd line LW.

Not a chance.

Old
10-21-2012, 10:47 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
You're out of your mind if you think the Flames will trade their #2 d-man for your 3rd line LW.

Not a chance.
Your out of your mind if you believe Steen is just a 3rd line player.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 11:02 PM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Your out of your mind if you believe Steen is just a 3rd line player.
Amac, steen and tarasenko are 3rd liners, they have low trade value and are bad players, we should trade them away for 4th round picks imo.

ManyIdeas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 10:22 AM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:

Not a chance.
Have you ever bothered to watch Steen play? Probably not, because if you did you would realize he is a great catalyst. It seems like every time a line gets really hot it's because Steen is on the line. For example: last year at the beginning of the year the Blues' best line was the third line, which included Jason Arnott and Langenbrunner. Want to take a guess who the third player was? Hint: his name begins with Alex and ends with Steen.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 12:26 PM
ComixZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Have you ever bothered to watch Steen play? Probably not, because if you did you would realize he is a great catalyst. It seems like every time a line gets really hot it's because Steen is on the line. For example: last year at the beginning of the year the Blues' best line was the third line, which included Jason Arnott and Langenbrunner. Want to take a guess who the third player was? Hint: his name begins with Alex and ends with Steen.
Steen may be good - but he isn't getting Giordano in a trade.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Steen may be good - but he isn't getting Giordano in a trade.
You missed my point. I was addressing the fact that you seem to think he's merely a third line player. He's not and has more value than you think. Would Feaster trade Giordano for him straight up? Probably not. But he'd be a good starting point.

Old
10-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Oshie97

Steen is so underrated on these boards, he was playing great till he got hurt last yr. I understand Calgary fans not liking that trade but to call him a third liner is dumb.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 06:12 PM
ComixZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
You missed my point. I was addressing the fact that you seem to think he's merely a third line player. He's not and has more value than you think. Would Feaster trade Giordano for him straight up? Probably not. But he'd be a good starting point.
Fair enough - although I'm not the one calling him a 3rd line player.

For any Flames fan to look at Steen and call him a 3rd line player is a bit ridiculous given our extreme lack of good hockey players in general.

We do have a few good pieces, Giordano being one of them - who is definitely worth more than Steen...but Flames fans really shouldn't be looking down on players like Steen...especially when our "3rd line players" are borderline AHL talent like Matt friggin' Stajan.

Old
10-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
lol alright buddy
Which part of his contention do you disagree with? Do you think McDonald is a top 60 F at this point? I don't. I question the JBo being top 30 dman, but I'd say he's a better player right now than McDonald is. Is the difference enough to make up the difference between Rattie and Backlund? Probably not.

I find it odd that a lot of Blues fans seem to say the one thing missing is a top pairing partner for AP, but then whenever someone offers up a deal for one they say whatever piece is being sent back is too important.
"Can't trade (insert Oshie, Backes, Perron, Berglund, McDonald)! He's our most important forward!

McDonald + a B level prospect for JBo would be fair. Maybe a McRae or Ponich

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 06:27 PM
ComixZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Which part of his contention do you disagree with? Do you think McDonald is a top 60 F at this point? I don't. I question the JBo being top 30 dman, but I'd say he's a better player right now than McDonald is. Is the difference enough to make up the difference between Rattie and Backlund? Probably not.

I find it odd that a lot of Blues fans seem to say the one thing missing is a top pairing partner for AP, but then whenever someone offers up a deal for one they say whatever piece is being sent back is too important.
"Can't trade (insert Oshie, Backes, Perron, Berglund, McDonald)! He's our most important forward!

...but not anything Calgary would be interested in.

Old
10-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:

For any Flames fan to look at Steen and call him a 3rd line player is a bit ridiculous given our extreme lack of good hockey players in general.

We do have a few good pieces, Giordano being one of them - who is definitely worth more than Steen...but Flames fans really shouldn't be looking down on players like Steen...especially when our "3rd line players" are borderline AHL talent like Matt friggin' Stajan.
My bad. I was on my phone and obviously didn't look close enough.

Old
10-22-2012, 06:32 PM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 133
Quote:

The thing is, we're willing to give Cole a shot to be that partner. Carlo Colaiacovo(the one and only) was his partner the majority of the season last year. Why would we trade away a player that is somewhat important to our offense(closest to PPG, from what I remember) for someone that the organization can barely afford, especially when our two best DMen are going to be getting significant raises next year?

ManyIdeas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:

Would you not agree that all of the guys you mentioned are very important though? I realize you have to give to get, but you also can't fill a hole and create one. I'd argue that if he was able to stay healthy, McDonald would be a top 60 player. Our offense is completely different when he is on the ice. If we knew Schwartz was ready for full time duty, a trade around Mcdonald and another piece for JBo would be one I would definitely consider.

Old
10-22-2012, 06:33 PM
flameaholic

Quote:

Matt Stajan would be a 4th line player on the Flames right now.

Our 3rd line as it stands right now would be: Glencross - Backlund - Stempniak.

I fail to see how that is "borderline AHL talent."

Old
10-22-2012, 08:15 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:

Trading any one of the forwards mentioned would make us a worse team, even though it would be filling a hole. We had a record setting defense with Colaiacovo and Huskins as Petro's partner, so it's not like it is a dire need, it just happens to be one of our few needs.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Novacain

Quote:
Matt Stajan would be a 4th line player on the Flames right now.

Our 3rd line as it stands right now would be: Glencross - Backlund - Stempniak.

I fail to see how that is "borderline AHL talent."
The statement is that he's bordering on being an AHL player, I'd imagine . To the Blues, he's probably is, since I don't think he's as good as Matt D'Agostini, and Dagger is fighting just to get into our lineup.

Novacain is online now   Reply With Quote