HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Official Blues During the Lockout Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2012, 11:01 PM
intangible

vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Um, I'm just wondering what you are expecting from Stewart? He's getting over a PPG. Is he supposed to have 20 points and look like Gretzky or something to satisfy you? Let's calm down here.
Yes. I expect much more out of him playing in a second tier league in a third tier hockey country. Much more. Is it 15 pts? 20 pts? I'm not sure. But more than barely over a PPG.

While we're at it, someone had previously chalked some of his lack of production to "a lack of chemistry between linemates." Not really sure how that happens when you have a guy who has been a 2nd or 3rd line NHL player playing in such a junk pro league. He should be dominating, plain and simple, but isn't. Can we expect more of the same whenever the NHL returns?

Old
10-22-2012, 01:49 AM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by intangible View Post
Yes. I expect much more out of him playing in a second tier league in a third tier hockey country. Much more. Is it 15 pts? 20 pts? I'm not sure. But more than barely over a PPG.

While we're at it, someone had previously chalked some of his lack of production to "a lack of chemistry between linemates." Not really sure how that happens when you have a guy who has been a 2nd or 3rd line NHL player playing in such a junk pro league. He should be dominating, plain and simple, but isn't. Can we expect more of the same whenever the NHL returns?
How about lack of talented linemates? Doesnt matter how fast you are playing if the rest of your team is playing 2 speeds below you.

Wayne Simmonds only has 8 points in 7 games. Actually, just looked it up, Stewart now has 11 in 9 and Simmonds now has 14 in 9. But Stewart is tied for 16th in points and 7th in goals in that league.

Old
10-22-2012, 08:21 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
I don't put any stock into any player's production in Europe because it means absolutely nothing. The only thing about Stewart that I care about is if he is in shape or not and if he has his burst of speed back. Stats during the lockout will tell us nothing about the players.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:20 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Apparently Chris Stewart is going to the Czech League

Old
10-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
Apparently Chris Stewart is going to the Czech League
He'll be playing for the Liberec White Tigers.

Old
10-22-2012, 01:21 PM
klikkar

Some news on Polak... He went awkwardly into the boards and his ankle got stuck and took most of the fall, you could hear him yell in pain on the TV, crazy.

He walked off by himself two minutes later. Sounds like sprained ankle, should be back in a week or two from now.

Old
10-22-2012, 01:52 PM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 1152
Quote:
Originally Posted by klikkar View Post
Some news on Polak... He went awkwardly into the boards and his ankle got stuck and took most of the fall, you could hear him yell in pain on the TV, crazy.

He walked off by himself two minutes later. Sounds like sprained ankle, should be back in a week or two from now.
Hes a tough guy, glad he will be alright. Thanks for the update.

Hopefully by the time he.is playing again it will be in the blue note....

Old
10-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Alklha

Vladimír Sobotka - HC Slavia Praha (Czech Extraliga)
6-9-15 in 12GP (Next game 10/23 -vs- HC Škoda Plzeň @ 10:30 CDT)

Roman Polák - HC Vítkovice (Czech Extraliga)
0-3-3 in 11GP (Injured)

Patrik Berglund - VIK Västerĺs (Swedish Allsvenskan)
5-3-8 in 10GP (Next game 10/24 -vs- Tingsryds AIF @ 12:00 CDT)

Alexander Steen - MODO (Swedish Elitserien)
5-9-14 in 11GP (Next game 10/25 -vs- AIK @ 12:00 CDT)

Chris Stewart - Eispiraten Crimmitschau (German 2nd Bundesliga)
5-6-11 in 9GP (Contract Expired)

Matt D'Agostini - SC Riessersee (German 2nd Bundesliga)
0-0-0 in 2GP (Next game 10/28 -vs- Fischtown Pinguins @ 11:30 CDT)

Vladimir Tarasenko - SKA (KHL)
7-6-13 in 8GP (Next game 10/24 -vs- Lokomotiv Yaroslavl @ 10:45 CDT)

Kris Russell - TPS (Finnish SM-liiga)
2-3-5 in 4GP (Next game 10/25 -vs- Ilves @ 10:30 CDT)

Old
10-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Alklha

Marek Schwartz and Sparta Praha hold Chris Stewart pointless on his Liberec debut, a 3-1 Sparta win. Looks like he'll be on a line with Petr Nedvěd and Wayne Simmonds (again) for Liberec.

Old
10-24-2012, 02:58 AM
LadyKing17

This is really random, and I don't know if it belongs here, but I just wanted to say that through all the ugliness that's been going on during this lockout, Andy McDonald has been one of the classiest, most honest guys. I feel obligated to thank you guys for him... that seems so weird... lol. Maybe congratulating is more appropriate... you got a good one. Definitely earned my respect and gives me hope that there are players who truly care about the good of the game and the fans. Players like him have been my sanity through all this.

Old
10-24-2012, 03:51 PM
TK 421
Donut Squad

vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKing17 View Post
This is really random, and I don't know if it belongs here, but I just wanted to say that through all the ugliness that's been going on during this lockout, Andy McDonald has been one of the classiest, most honest guys. I feel obligated to thank you guys for him... that seems so weird... lol. Maybe congratulating is more appropriate... you got a good one. Definitely earned my respect and gives me hope that there are players who truly care about the good of the game and the fans. Players like him have been my sanity through all this.
Thanks for the kind words. Andy is the best pro the Blues have in just about every sense of the word. We're incredibly lucky to have him and believe me, just about everyone here realizes how much he means to this org. He's the one guy who ALWAYS, ALWAYS shows up even if no one else does. I've watched enough hockey to really appreciate a player like him and I will be one sad panda when he's gone.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Alklha

With the lockout not looking like coming to an end anytime soon, I wish more of our players would come over to Europe. Talk that SKA will be looking to add another big name in the coming weeks as well.

Vladimír Sobotka - HC Slavia Praha (Czech Extraliga)
6-9-15 in 13GP (Next game 11/1 -vs- HC Energie Karlovy Vary @ 12:10 CDT)

Roman Polák - HC Vítkovice (Czech Extraliga)
0-3-3 in 11GP (Injured)

Patrik Berglund - VIK Västerĺs (Swedish Allsvenskan)
7-4-11 in 13GP (Next game 11/1 -vs- Mora IK @ 13:00 CDT)

Alexander Steen - MODO (Swedish Elitserien)
5-9-14 in 14GP (Next game 11/1 -vs- Linköpings HC @ 13:00 CDT)

Chris Stewart - Bílí Tygři Liberec (Czech Extraliga)
0-1-1 in 3GP (Next game 11/2 -vs- HC Škoda Plzeň @ 12:30 CDT)
5-6-11 in 9GP (w/ Eispiraten Crimmitschau in German 2nd Bundesliga)

Matt D'Agostini - SC Riessersee (German 2nd Bundesliga)
0-1-1 in 4GP (Next game 11/2 -vs- Heilbronner Falken @ 14:00 CDT)

Vladimir Tarasenko - SKA (KHL)
9-7-16 in 12GP (Next game 11/2 -vs- HC Donbass @ 10:00 CDT)

Kris Russell - TPS (Finnish SM-liiga)
2-7-9 in 7GP (Next game 11/1 -vs- Oulun Kärpät @ 11:30 CDT)

Old
10-31-2012, 09:57 PM
BlueDream

Stewart only has 12 points in 12 total games in Europe? Should have at least 30 by now. He needs to be traded, this is unacceptable and it's not working out.

D'Agostini and Berglund have less points but they are fine.

Old
10-31-2012, 10:01 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Stewart only has 12 points in 12 total games in Europe? Should have at least 30 by now. He needs to be traded, this is unacceptable and it's not working out.

I understand you are joking, but I am actually wondering about Berglund.

Old
10-31-2012, 11:11 PM
Alklha

Quote:

Seriously though, it is difficult to judge what kind of numbers the guys should be putting up over here, and the circumstances and quality of teams vary so much that it needs to be done on an individual basis.

D'Agostini is in a tough spot, because while he is playing in a weak League, he is on a terrible team with no line-mates. Berglund is playing in a League that is lightyears ahead of the 2.Bundesliga, so it is impossible to draw comparisons of production.

Chris Stewart did fine in Germany, a terrible League but he took his time adjusting and then done well. He is in a much better League now, and has good line-mates (Simmonds & Petr Nedvěd) so has a good chance of success. It is a relatively high scoring League, if he is there for another month or so, he should be expected to be around PPG by that stage. Not sure if he'll be there at that point considering the nonsense that Simmonds has had to put up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
Can't offer too much of an opinion because I've not seen much, but Kopitar "only" has 16 points in 14 games in the same League. On the other hand, Mikael Backlund has 13 points in 8 games for Västerĺs.

A few more numbers on Berglund...

+/-: -1 (+9/-10)
PP: 3G & 2A
SH: 1G & 0A
FO: 58.23%
PIM: 10
GWG: 2

Old
11-01-2012, 01:17 AM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
7 goals in 13 games is pretty solid. Assists come and go, and IMO Bergy isnt the best playmaker/passer.

Old
11-01-2012, 08:59 AM
D3Devildog
Step 3: Profit

What has Perron been up to? I heard he and a number of other Quebec native NHLers were planning some kind of "barnstorming" tour for charities. But I haven't seen any news on if that ever happened or how it is going.

Old
11-01-2012, 11:58 AM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Hey Blues fans - interviewed strength coach Nelson Ayotte the other day. Figured you would enjoy the read:

http://www.anguscertified.com/an-int...t-louis-blues/

Quote:
In your time with the Blues, who have been some of the fittest players you have worked with?

I was very fortunate to work with great players like Al MacInnis, Doug Weight, Chris Pronger, Paul Kariya, Andy MacDonald, Barrett Jackman, and Jay McClement to name a few. To this day in hockey, I have never seen anybody who is as strong and powerful as Roman Polak. This guy is the ultimate physical machine, he is awesome to work with. I’ve tried methods on him than few athletes could sustain.

I am really proud of the overall fitness level of our team, all the credit goes to the players they are the one that put the long hours in the gym.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Alklha

Vladimír Sobotka has missed the last 3 games for Slavia, and was suffering discomfort in the 2 games prior to that. He has bruising to his intercostal muscles, which makes breathing uncomfortable. Still being listed as day-to-day. Not that it looks like it will matter, but for some reason Slavia have the idea that there is a good chance that Sobotka will remain there for the season, even if the lockout was to end. At the same time, there is talk that he could be heading to Slovan Bratislava in the KHL this month.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:31 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by anguscertified View Post
Hey Blues fans - interviewed strength coach Nelson Ayotte the other day. Figured you would enjoy the read:

http://www.anguscertified.com/an-int...t-louis-blues/
That doesn't surprise me one bit. Polak is an absolute bull. He's incredibly strong and built like a truck, but at the same time is a fantastic skater. Probably one of the best conditioned athletes in the league.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:28 PM
h22prelude93

http://www.tvtipsport.cz/elh/?matchId=-405765216

Click where it says Liberec - Plzeň to watch Stewart (#52)

Old
11-03-2012, 01:39 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Apparently Steen is out for three weeks with a torn muscle in his thigh

Old
11-13-2012, 03:23 PM
dresi

Just dropping in to let you know that Polak is healthy again and he will play tommorow. And Chris Stewart is leaving Liberec. He is going back to Crimmitschau. They definitely expected more from him.

Old
11-14-2012, 07:08 AM
Alpina
Rookie User

Chris Stewart plays for Crimmitschau again.

Still waiting for the reason

Old
11-14-2012, 12:31 PM
dresi

Well, it's really weird situation. General manager of Liberec is really angy right now. Stewart said that he is not playing as much as he would like to which is funny because he played on the first two lines and had a lot of time on powerplay. And it was all done over the phone. His agent called them and asked them to terminate his contract.

Closed Thread