Notices

David Krejci Says Bettman Treats Players Like Animals

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Good grief, talk about mob mentality. Krejci's talking about Bettman's "bargaining," not playing in the NHL. Of course NBCsports is going to grab the "money quote" and feature it prominently. It's how journalism works.

From the original article, through Google translate, but the gist is understandable:

Quote:
A few days ago it seemed to end the lockout, now he stalemate. As a consequence of this is?

"It's weird. Our Association gives owners of three proposals, and they swept aside for fifteen minutes ... I do not have anything to say. Bettman took during the last lockout $ 3.5 million and now it's at eight. "

She makes you think he wants?

"Yes, he does what he wants. We want to play, we're the ones who are doing the show in the NHL, but Bettman thinks it makes him. It is unfortunate that the NHL have such a guy. It's a shame for the entire hockey world. Treats us like animals. Really a shame that he is not at the forefront. "
Break out the pitchforks and torches!

Old
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
I guess the leagues PR spin doctor was effective or is the backlash here because Krejci's still everyone's whipping boy?

The players are by no means innocent in all of this but it takes two to tango.

The fact that Krejci even said something is amusing considering he always tows the company line.
Create a thread where you pretty much know what the reaction will be.. then yell at everyone for said reaction?

The only thing missing is a poll!

Old
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
When I hear hockey players talk I cringe the same way I do when I hear supermodels talk...
I agree.

Where do I sign up to be treated like animal by Bettman?

Old
10-22-2012, 02:18 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Supermodels can talk?

Old
10-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Good grief, talk about mob mentality. Krejci's talking about Bettman's "bargaining," not playing in the NHL. Of course NBCsports is going to grab the "money quote" and feature it prominently. It's how journalism works.

From the original article, through Google translate, but the gist is understandable:

No kidding right. oyy.

I am Boston Strong

Old
10-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Create a thread where you pretty much know what the reaction will be.. then yell at everyone for said reaction?

The only thing missing is a poll!
Why don't you create one then.

Old
10-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
I agree.

Would you not agree that having your proposals tossed aside in 15 minutes is at least somewhat disrepectful?

Old
10-22-2012, 02:21 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:

Artie,

You would defend a player, particularly a B's player, even if he went on a 2 week, Midwest, Dairy Mart robbery and killing spree.

I get that it's a business and the players want to be treated fairly. Saying "they treat us like animals" serves no purpose, except pissing people off.

Old
10-22-2012, 02:25 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:

Anytime a multimillionaire athlete breaks out the "treats us like animals" he will rightfully be pounded on for it.... Funny he says "We're the ones doing the show"....Sorry to say David, but I'll be a fan long after you and your generation of players have come and gone...

Old
10-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Artie,

You would defend a player, particularly a B's player, even if he went on a 2 week, Midwest, Dairy Mart robbery and killing spree.

I get that it's a business and the players want to be treated fairly. Saying "they treat us like animals" serves no purpose, except pissing people off.
Agreed, it wasn't a smart thing to say. I have no argument.

But if you're going to get pissed at him for saying something, can people at least be accurate about it? He's not talking about playing in the NHL, and to state that's what he is saying and to go off on a rant about it is ridiculous.

And no, I wouldn't defend a player if he did something criminal. I know you're being hyperbolic, but that's also ridiculous.

Old
10-22-2012, 02:26 PM
patty59

Quote:

So tell me, how are they treated like animals?

In sport involving animals, when the animals can no longer perform, they get slaughtered. In the NHL, they lucrative buyouts and pensions.

Far cry from being treated like an animal.

Old
10-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Anytime a multimillionaire athlete breaks out the "treats us like animals" he will rightfully be pounded on for it.... Funny he says "We're the ones doing the show"....Sorry to say David, but I'll be a fan long after you and your generation of players have come and gone...
As opposed to Bettman. I'm not paying money to watch ****ing Bettman.

Old
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
Agreed, it wasn't a smart thing to say. I have no argument.

But if you're going to get pissed at him for saying something, can people at least be accurate about it? He's not talking about playing in the NHL, and to state that's what he is saying and to go off on a rant about it is ridiculous.

And no, I wouldn't defend a player if he did something criminal. I know you're being hyperbolic, but that's also ridiculous.
Joe Corvo, and Michael Ryders brother say hello

Old
WBC8

Quote:
Would you not agree that having your proposals tossed aside in 15 minutes is at least somewhat disrepectful?
If it were so important to DK maybe he should be sticking around these parts putting pressure on the league and NHLPA instead of playing what amounts to exhibition hockey for him?

Old
10-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:

Agree with you Artie. Do people really think he's talking about his pay and what not? Not at all, theres no way DK is that shallow minded. He's talking about the bargaining process and how awful Bettman has handled it all. Players have come and gone, but still under Bettman there's been 3 lockouts. Regardless of the circumstances, that is inexcusable.

Edit: I will agree "treated as animals" is taking it a bit far, but otherwise DK is exactly right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
I agree.

Again, see above. Everyone's issues are relative. It's like a celebrity complaining about paprazzi. They realize the amount they make and the luxuries they can enjoy, but that still doesn't mean any inconvenience or annoyance can't be called one, just because of their situation. Bettman treats them in the bargaining situation extremely cold, as if the guy doesn't care. He treats the players, coaches, and fans unsympathetic if nothing else.

Old
10-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
So tell me, how are they treated like animals?

In sport involving animals, when the animals can no longer perform, they get slaughtered. In the NHL, they lucrative buyouts and pensions.

Far cry from being treated like an animal.
He's talking about the negotiations, or lack thereof. I don't know how to make it any clearer.

He could have used "children," as opposed to "animals," I suppose. Or "peons," or "dirt," or "peasants," or "idiots," or whatever descriptive term you wish to use.

I'm confused as to how anyone misunderstand this, other than wanting to misunderstand, and to have a target to get mad at.

Old
10-22-2012, 02:30 PM
WBC8

Quote:
As opposed to Bettman. I'm not paying money to watch ****ing Bettman.
No, but you are watching the Bruins...and have been long before and long after Krejci...the players are replaceable...not all at once of course..

Old
10-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Joe Corvo, and Michael Ryders brother say hello
Oh for God's sake.

Corvo paid his debt to society and I was willing to give him a chance with the Bruins. What did you want, him jailed for life?

And Ryder's brother is a pathetic, obviously mentally ill person. I've known a few people like that, and they all have my sympathy.

Old
10-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Morris Wanchuk

I do buyouts for work all the time.. some times we say mean names to each other, talk about final, final, final offers... yet there is another offer.

Some of these players are taking this business far too seriously. Whaaa Bettman has been cold, the owners 1st offer was mean. IMO, it stems from the fact these players don't even negotiate their own contracts, they would probably be curled up in the corner crying if they heard half the stuff the GM's told their agents.

Sensitive Krejci especially.

Old
10-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Oh for God's sake.

Corvo paid his debt to society and I was willing to give him a chance with the Bruins. What did you want, him jailed for life?

And Ryder's brother is a pathetic, obviously mentally ill person. I've known a few people like that, and they all have my sympathy.
Well said

Old
10-22-2012, 02:36 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
No, but you are watching the Bruins...and have been long before and long after Krejci...the players are replaceable...not all at once of course..
That's irrelevant, unless you believe the players just shouldn't get paid. Whether it's Krejci or Lucic or Sanderson or Hamilton or McKenzie or Neely or whomever, I'm watching the players, and the game, not Bettman. Three lockouts under his watch is telling me the guy is doing something fundamentally wrong.

Old
10-22-2012, 02:38 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
we should all meet and burn Beatles records and our Bruins Cup DVD's.

good for Krejci- I'd have said worse- these owners sign these guys to contracts and then want to say they wont pay

everyone here if they were a player I'm sure would be happy- I'd be pissed

Old
10-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
I do buyouts for work all the time.. some times we say mean names to each other, talk about final, final, final offers... yet there is another offer.

Some of these players are taking this business far too seriously. Whaaa Bettman has been cold, the owners 1st offer was mean. IMO, it stems from the fact these players don't even negotiate their own contracts, they would probably be curled up in the corner crying if they heard half the stuff the GM's told their agents.

Sensitive Krejci especially.
I'm with you on some things, and different on others. Agree on the players involvement idea, they definitely have some disconnect with situations like this since quite often their agents do the bargaining.

However Bettman does deserve some serious flack (like he's always gotten). One lockout, ok i suppose it can happen, but three under his tenure is awful. Whether it's his fault or not, him more then anyone "drives the boat", and this is one too many accidents.

Old
10-22-2012, 02:40 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:

Old
10-22-2012, 02:41 PM
WBC8

Krejci is coming off a three-year, $11.25 million contract and is set to start a three-year, $15.75 million deal.

Not bad for a 26-year-old animal

HAHAHAHAHA

Closed Thread