HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL

2012-13 WHL Regular Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2012, 09:58 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Not trying to disparage Siemens or any other players. Just asking questions and making observations.

I thank you for your response.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:51 PM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 4103
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Tomorrow's WHL games are now available in the vbookie section.

10-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

vCash: 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
Tomorrow's WHL games are now available in the vbookie section.
Keep doing this! Please?

Old
10-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Not trying to disparage Siemens or any other players. Just asking questions and making observations.

I thank you for your response.
No problem. And I don't think you were trying to. Just here to educate people as much as I can without being too too specific about things inside the room.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:03 AM
The Head Crusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Keep doing this! Please?
I am going to try, finding odds for the games can be tricky at the best of times. But if they are avaliable I will do my best to post them.

Old
10-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
I am going to try, finding odds for the games can be tricky at the best of times. But if they are avaliable I will do my best to post them.
This site usually has them

https://www.partybets.com/en/sports/...e=0&sportId=12

Old
10-17-2012, 10:26 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Besides the OT lost, nice to see Rankin having a solid game and Tri-City always have such quiet good years even though they lost so much talent in the offseason. I do admit I was surprised to see that they have the same record as Portland, but having a six game winning streak definitely helped after the slow start.

E: This Oil Kings, Blazers game is wicked. Man that duo of Smith and Lipon is just tearing up the league.

Last edited by S E P H: 10-17-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old
10-17-2012, 10:36 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
As for his stats. He's not a scorer. Was never expected to be and likely won't ever be. He may not have a few points, but the Blades have been outscored by a ton this year, so of course he's not going to have a great stat line. His job is to stop the other team's best players. He's had some tough nights in the +/- category this year, but so has the whole team. You're bound to be a minus player when you lose some tough games like they have. I've seen all of his games this season. He had a tough start but has been much improved since Walker was named captain, so the last few games.
I've seen Siemens probably a little below half of the Blades games this season and he has looked much better with the C, so you're definitely right. I also know he is going to be strictly shutdown defenseman, but his current stats are pretty ugly. Two seasons ago he had Elliott as a partner that sort of boosted his assist range and even last season was on par in points during his draft year if he didn't sustain the concussion, but this year he only has two assists, and probably no points in his last 6-8 games with zero goals. Does the coach not trust him on the PP anymore? I know they have Thrower and Dietz as the main pair (I think), but what I've seen is he's been used as the main PKer, but I can't remember if he's on the second PP unit.

Old
10-17-2012, 10:55 PM
The Head Crusher

Quote:
That is probably where my site is getting them from, I am using oddschecker. All the "underdogs" won tonight and tomorrows games are now up.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:15 AM
tv14

Hurricanes home-stand has been weird to say the least.

Lose to PA, beat PG, lose to Saskatoon, route Brandon. Next up is Kamloops, which could very well get ugly depending on what Hurricanes' team shows up.

On a side-note, what do you guys think Macoy Erkamps' chances at getting drafted and where would he go? I really like him, very good two-way dman. Mobile, silky smooth and good positionally. He currently has 6 points in 10 games.

Old
10-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I've seen Siemens probably a little below half of the Blades games this season and he has looked much better with the C, so you're definitely right. I also know he is going to be strictly shutdown defenseman, but his current stats are pretty ugly. Two seasons ago he had Elliott as a partner that sort of boosted his assist range and even last season was on par in points during his draft year if he didn't sustain the concussion, but this year he only has two assists, and probably no points in his last 6-8 games with zero goals. Does the coach not trust him on the PP anymore? I know they have Thrower and Dietz as the main pair (I think), but what I've seen is he's been used as the main PKer, but I can't remember if he's on the second PP unit.
He's only played 2nd unit PP this year when Thrower has been out of the lineup due to team suspension or league suspension. And he has looked like he doesn't belong on a PP, to me.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:05 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Also I made a mistake, I meant he's been playing better without the C in my post above.

Quote:
He's only played 2nd unit PP this year when Thrower has been out of the lineup due to team suspension or league suspension. And he has looked like he doesn't belong on a PP, to me.

I am very sure of this, but he was on a PP unit in his draft year and last year correct? If that is the case then that means he does have a little bit of offensive talent, but isn't getting the minutes for it to produce points.

Old
10-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

Quote:
Also I made a mistake, I meant he's been playing better without the C in my post above.

I am very sure of this, but he was on a PP unit in his draft year and last year correct? If that is the case then that means he does have a little bit of offensive talent, but isn't getting the minutes for it to produce points.
He's been on and off the PP units for the last couple seasons. I think they were hoping that in the end his shot would be the thing that developed from that experience. Hasn't really happened too much.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:08 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

gezz, four players in the top 5 of scoring belong to the Blazers. Seems like team you do not want to take a penalty against.

Old
10-21-2012, 09:38 AM
I am the Liquor

Lazar stomps Shinkaruk in their battle last night. Lazar with two goals (1en), a solid two way game and crushes Shinkaruk with a big hit. Shinkaruk was pretty much invisible in a 4-2 loss.

Old
10-21-2012, 09:39 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
gezz, four players in the top 5 of scoring belong to the Blazers. Seems like team you do not want to take a penalty against.
They remind me of Tri City's team last year. They are a good team, but not as good as their record indicates.

Old
10-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!

Quote:
Lazar stomps Shinkaruk in their battle last night. Lazar with two goals (1en), a solid two way game and crushes Shinkaruk with a big hit. Shinkaruk was pretty much invisible in a 4-2 loss.
Gotta love Curtis Lazar.

Twitter | HFBoards Contact | Youtube | Instagram| Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"Everybody says be a good loser; I think if you're a good loser, you're a loser. " - John Tortorella
Old
10-21-2012, 11:01 PM
phillipsj89

vCash: 500
Quote:
They remind me of Tri City's team last year. They are a good team, but not as good as their record indicates.
Yea... they only have the most goals for and least goals against in the WHL

Old
10-22-2012, 12:43 AM
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipsj89 View Post
You can only use stats to justify a team so much. Yes, the Blazers are good no doubt, but they're not invincible as people are personifying them to be. The Royals split a 2-game set with them, and they controlled the game they won for the majority of the game.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:50 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
We will see what's what in March.

Nobody wins anything in October.

I still think Portland comes out of the west, but Kamloops is a deep team, no doubt about it.

Old
10-22-2012, 01:51 AM
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!

Quote:
We will see what's what in March.

Nobody wins anything in October.

I still think Portland comes out of the west, but Kamloops is a deep team, no doubt about it.
I got Kamloops coming out on top, but not by much over Portland at all.

Old
10-22-2012, 08:49 AM
phillipsj89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
You can only use stats to justify a team so much. Yes, the Blazers are good no doubt, but they're not invincible as people are personifying them to be. The Royals split a 2-game set with them, and they controlled the game they won for the majority of the game.
Yea, they did, I watched it...but the Royals on managed a SO win. What does that tell you? I watched this Blazer team all last year, and so far this year. They are among the best in the league, and I am telling you, Portland will be lucky to finish top 2 this year. I couldn't belive the Blazers pulled out all 5 wins in Alberta. 5 games in 7 days, got all 10 points. Top 4 players in league scoring. It is unreal how good they are right now. (okay a little bias) but If you look at there upcoming schedule, it's hard to see this streak coming to an end soon.

Old
10-22-2012, 01:11 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
I disagree about Tri-City team last year, they were legitimately good, but I agree with Kamloops this year. Even though it's awesome to see what they're able to do. I think if you take away majority of their powerplay scoring they would still be a decent team, but not on Portland/Edmonton's level.

Old
10-22-2012, 01:13 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Yea, they did, I watched it...but the Royals on managed a SO win. What does that tell you? I watched this Blazer team all last year, and so far this year. They are among the best in the league, and I am telling you, Portland will be lucky to finish top 2 this year. I couldn't belive the Blazers pulled out all 5 wins in Alberta. 5 games in 7 days, got all 10 points. Top 4 players in league scoring. It is unreal how good they are right now. (okay a little bias) but If you look at there upcoming schedule, it's hard to see this streak coming to an end soon.
I don't know because Calgary has hella impressed me in the games I've watched and have actually give the Oil Kings difficultly. I put Portland and Edmonton above with Calgary and Kamloops just below.

Old
10-22-2012, 01:40 PM
phillipsj89

Quote:
I don't know because Calgary has hella impressed me in the games I've watched and have actually give the Oil Kings difficultly. I put Portland and Edmonton above with Calgary and Kamloops just below.
Kamloops beat Calgary and Edmonton with Red Deer thrown in between and all three of those games within 4 days of each other. Honestly, the Blazers PP is a huge part of it. Blazers create so many chances even strength with their team speed, this forces opponents to take penalties, or give up great chances, so pick your poison. Also the Defence on Kamloops is top notch, so much so, They traded their first overall pick in Gaudet. Prediction: Kamloops will run away with the Western conference and will end up playing Calgary in the WHL final.

Closed Thread