HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canadiens - Devils

Old
10-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
thats fine, we don't want to give away Zids anyways.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 02:34 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
All I'm saying is that he hasn't been the same defenseman since leaving Nashville, and it's nothing overly surprising considering his age. Kaberle also has decent stats showing for himself in the past few years, we can still agree he's been on the decline as well. The more I think of it, the more both look alike. I know you guys have been satisfied with his play so far in NJ, but I can tell you as a fan from another team I wouldn't be interested in acquiring giving away about any positive asset (which is what most people say about Kaberle anyway).

As a side note, both Plekanec and Kaberle are from the same hometown and currently play for it in the Czech league. I don't think anybody personally dislikes Kaberle in the organization.
Why do we want to give him away? Really, we don't care. We didn't want Kaberle when he was being shipped out of Toronto and we don't want him now.

And please stop with the age ********. Zidlicky is a whopping 13 months older then Kaberle...

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Fire Dumboer

In the playoffs this year after Simmonds hit Zidlicky in the knee he was terrible. He turned the over so many times, and I think was the 4 guy back on Kopitars breakaway goal.

Fire Dumboer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
Kaberle, Eller a 4th 2013 vs Volchenkov, (Mike hoeffel) and a 3rd 2013

Markov Volchenkov
Subban Gorges
Emelin Bouillon
Diaz Weber
I'd do that deal, but I doubt the majority of the Habs fanbase will. At that price, I'd definitely take a chance at Kaberle. Hoeffel may be a nice energy third-liner at best, but we have a ton of guys that project like him. The way I see it is it's Eller for Volchenkov and Kaberle for Hoeffel and 20 spots higher in the draft.

Zippy316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 03:04 PM
nmbr_24

I am not a fan of either team, but there is no way I would trade Volchenkov for Kaberle. On the Montreal side of things, why the heck would they trade any young players for an older guy when they were so bad last year? They wouldn't if they have any brains at all.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiTzLaMia View Post
In the playoffs this year after Simmonds hit Zidlicky in the knee he was terrible. He turned the over so many times, and I think was the 4 guy back on Kopitars breakaway goal.
Simmonds didn't hit him in the knee, he hit him in the head. I'm still not sure he wasn't playing with a concussion after that.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I'd do that deal, but I doubt the majority of the Habs fanbase will. At that price, I'd definitely take a chance at Kaberle. Hoeffel may be a nice energy third-liner at best, but we have a ton of guys that project like him. The way I see it is it's Eller for Volchenkov and Kaberle for Hoeffel and 20 spots higher in the draft.
Main purpose are these :

- Leblanc Geoffrion and Palushaj are going up as maybe Gallagher to have their chance on the big Club, also to mention that Galchenyuk on is way maybe next year. So Eller is a good trade chips to me ... we need another big guy if one of Blunden Stortini or Schultz can't take a place in the organisation so Hoeffel is a normal return for Kaberle ... I still don't know if we must put a 4th vs a 3rd or just receive a 3rd back cause we offer 2 nhl ready player vs Volchenkov.

- Volchenkov Gorges are pretty much to me two great shot blockers and with is hits rate this could benefit largely to Emelin and Subban styles. Having Emelin Bouillon and VolchenkoV along Subban Markov and Gorges can be a great squad .... Kaberle is a great puck mover but we lack of physical presence I guess Kaby is to soft for our team.

- Pulling the trigger on Eller having Gally and Bournival not too far and knowing that Gomez White Leblanc Nokelainen or even Prust can take place down the middle even if they don't have the skill talent of Eller don't afraid me too much for this year ...

* we can even try to deal both Diaz and Bourque if we can't make the playoff wich can make some other room for next year ... knowing that this one can be cancelled or shortened ....

* Bouillon and Weber in a final year so we have 2 rooms in D Next year !

* not to mention that having Emelin and Volchenkov can help Markov to stay minded on the game and don't stay in the ****ed KHL!

can you imagine :

next year :
Cole Desharnais Pacioretty
Galchenyuk (Bourque) Plakanec Gionta
Armstrong Leblanc Prust
Moen White Nokelainen (Gomez)

Markov Volchenkov (This is a well balanced combo to me)
Subban Gorges
Emelin Bouillon (Diaz)
St-Denis (one of the next in the farm)

Having in the farm : Tinordi Ellis Beaulieu Nash Pateryn almost ready to take a spot

I dream to see a Tinordi Emelin combo !!

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Exactly, as a Hab fan I'd want more than Volchenkov for Eller, if I was trading Eller.

If Eller isn't worth more than that now, Montreal needs to sit on him for another year or two to see if his value doesn't improve. Eller's a keeper in my books, there's a lot of players I'd want traded before him.

On a side note,if NJ wants a winger why not go after someone like SK, I'm not so sure he's going to be staying in Nashville that much longer.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
On a side note,if NJ wants a winger why not go after someone like SK, I'm not so sure he's going to be staying in Nashville that much longer.
Because he might not be coming back from Russia. Nobody trades for a guy who's staying in Russia unless they're doing a salary dump.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Because he might not be coming back from Russia. Nobody trades for a guy who's staying in Russia unless they're doing a salary dump.
He can't be traded until after the lockout ends and then SK will have to report or choose to stay back in Russia. You're only talking about 2 or 3 days where he'll be in limbo otherwise he'll be available.

Old
10-24-2012, 04:15 AM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Exactly, as a Hab fan I'd want more than Volchenkov for Eller, if I was trading Eller.

If Eller isn't worth more than that now, Montreal needs to sit on him for another year or two to see if his value doesn't improve. Eller's a keeper in my books, there's a lot of players I'd want traded before him.

I'd rather try to pry Halischuk back out of Nashville than SK. I really didn't like the idea of having to give him up for and old Arnott.

Anyway, back to the main topic, there isn't anyone on Montreal I'd really want that is feasible to acquire. I'd love to have Eller on the team, and would do a Volch + deal for him, but I doubt Montreal would. I have no interest in acquiring any more D, unless of course that D man is a top pairing guy at a relatively reasonable price (which probably wouldn't happen). We really need to make room for the plethora of young D talent that will be ready in near future.

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
A day after Boston Bruins' goaltender Tuukka Rask reinjured his groin, Volchenkov, who is playing with Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod in the KHL, fractured a bone in his left foot.

Devils' general manager Lou Lamoriello told the Bergen Record that he expected the defenceman to miss four to six weeks.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=408028

// end thread.

Old
10-24-2012, 03:58 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

How is that the end of the thread?

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 04:23 PM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

I feel like Kaberle adds negative value in this thread...

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
How is that the end of the thread?
Because of medicine is so primitive that a broken bone spells death. You can't trade for a dead guy.

Devils only deal for Kaberle if they
A: Want a guy who can run a pp and help out 5 on 5
B a 6'1 pylon who wouldn't throw a bodycheck and if he did, he'd probably apologize.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Habsrback

Just like Komisarek turned to poop when he left Montreal...hmmm, trade anyone?

Habsrback is offline   Reply With Quote