HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Official 2012/2013 ticket thread Part 4 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2012, 04:23 AM
kman22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21 View Post
Anyone on the wait list want to comment on how beneficial it is to join?

On a side note I would be interested in purchasing a few lower level games if any season tix holders are looking for partners.

Thanks
I've been on the list since they made it. They said that they'd estimate a 2-4 year wait at that point. Aside from being on the list, the only benefits are early access for select seats for the regular season and had the state of the bruins event happened, you would get to attend that. It's worth being on the list (at least for me), because I want to get season tickets, and the state of the bruins seems interesting enough, but it hasn't been a fast process unfortunately.

Old
10-22-2012, 06:04 AM
DarrenBanks56

Bruins are gonna suck out another $172 this week for my tickets that havent even been printed yet.
Gotta love these guys.

Old
10-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Chris21

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post
I've been on the list since they made it. They said that they'd estimate a 2-4 year wait at that point. Aside from being on the list, the only benefits are early access for select seats for the regular season and had the state of the bruins event happened, you would get to attend that. It's worth being on the list (at least for me), because I want to get season tickets, and the state of the bruins seems interesting enough, but it hasn't been a fast process unfortunately.
Thanks

Old
10-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
Bruins are gonna suck out another $172 this week for my tickets that havent even been printed yet.
Gotta love these guys.
My payment is over $900 a month...like a morgage payment. ...and I have one of those too.

10-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
My payment is over $900 a month...like a morgage payment. ...and I have one of those too.
Mine is just over 3k a month. Mortgage payment? I have two of those...and my monthly B's bill is more than both of them combined

10-22-2012, 11:36 AM
SpokedLightning
3rd Line Grinder

vCash: 167
Quote:
Wow!!! When you said at the Monarchs game that your tix were like a mortgage payment I just thought you were being dramatic for effect.

Old
10-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Mine is just over 3k a month. Mortgage payment? I have two of those...and my monthly B's bill is more than both of them combined
Yikes...GahdenRinkRat pays half of mine.

I live on a single income and have a morgage until I am 80... I shouldn't really be spending so much on the B's but I can't seem to help myself. I need to win the lottery. My cats refuse to get jobs.

I shouldn't complain as there are people worse off that don't have jobs.

My problem is that all of my entertainment $$$ (plus) goes to the B's and I have no $$$ and no entertainment. This is my thearpy after a bad day of work.

Oh well..Let's hope the fools get their act together soon.

Old
10-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
Wow!!! When you said at the Monarchs game that your tix were like a mortgage payment I just thought you were being dramatic for effect.
Nope...105 per game x 2 seats x 43 games = $9030.00

Also parking , the T and gas . So I am saving some.

In 2011 it was all worth it.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
My problem is that all of my entertainment $$$ (plus) goes to the B's and I have no $$$ and no entertainment. This is my thearpy after a bad day of work.

The bolded is what makes me feel for all the middle class and lower STH's. I'm sure many (probably most) took option 1. So not only are they not receiving monthly refunds, they are continuing to get hit with monthly charges...with no entertainment return for their investment.

I don't think you're the only one with no entertainment budget left. Although my situation (relying on selling tickets for income) is different from many STH's, I'll forthrightly admit that my entertainment budget has dwindled down to next to nothing. Lots of cut backs going on in the Looch household this time of year!

We actually decided just yesterday to become a billett/host family for a couple of jr hockey players for our local team. So I'll probably be taking the kids to many of their games = free entertainment

Old
10-22-2012, 01:38 PM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
wow.
i feel kinda bad about complaining now.
Although I wouldve had the credit card paid off by now if they had stopped payments.

Its nice to see Im not the only season ticket holder that lives check to check.
These NHL players dont know how good they have it with us fans.

Everyone thinks Im nuts for committing all this $$ I dont really have into this team and league.

Old
10-22-2012, 02:48 PM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
wow.
Although I wouldve had the credit card paid off by now if they had stopped payments.

Everyone thinks Im nuts for committing all this $$ I dont really have into this team and league.
Ya trying to explain it to friends they just dont get it. Unfortunately i had to move back in the with fam a year or two back. I always get "why don't you drop the season tickets to be able to pay for rent" and for some reason i never got around to selling more seats. It was literally my only enjoyment in life hah. But now the gf wants me to grow up and all that nonsense so this is pretty much the last year. I did option 2 thinking that if there is no season i'm just taking my money back and get out of there. Even if all my money i already paid for covered next season I don't know how the market would be. I might be lucky to get face value for some tix.

Quote:
The bolded is what makes me feel for all the middle class and lower STH's. I'm sure many (probably most) took option 1. So not only are they not receiving monthly refunds, they are continuing to get hit with monthly charges...with no entertainment return for their investment.

I don't think you're the only one with no entertainment budget left. Although my situation (relying on selling tickets for income) is different from many STH's, I'll forthrightly admit that my entertainment budget has dwindled down to next to nothing. Lots of cut backs going on in the Looch household this time of year!

We actually decided just yesterday to become a billett/host family for a couple of jr hockey players for our local team. So I'll probably be taking the kids to many of their games = free entertainment
Ya when i first got into it 5 years ago i was making less but the prices we're good and it covered it. Now i make more money (not too much more) but the prices have gone up what?.. 85% since 08-09 seasons. I took option 2 like i said before I want out after this season unless i think i can sell 95% of the games next year for some good money. Doubt it with a whole season locked out.

Old
10-22-2012, 05:30 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:

That is very cool. I hope it is a good experience for you and your family.

Old
10-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
wow.

One of my sisters and some folks I work with know I am not a wealthy lady and all think I am nuts .

I don't sell many of my tickets either. I only missed one game last season and it was because I was flying home from the 3 game trip in the West. The 2010/2011 season I didn't miss one home game (even went to Prague).

I work too much and don't do much else so I guess the B's are my only vice.

Vacations are often planned around the B's schedule. My daughter (lives in Calif) and I plan one away B's trip a year. It was going to be Nashville this year We go to visit the city too.

Old
10-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
What a home run this lockout was for the fans. No preseason games, and a tuesday night Wild game turns into a great sell as the home opener.
Just curious if your still thinking it's a home run?

Quote:
I hope it is a good experience for you and your family.
Same here! They just moved in today...

Old
10-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Just curious if your still thinking it's a home run?

Same here! They just moved in today...
Where are they from ?

Are your kids their age ?

Old
10-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
LOL where the hell can anyone get a mortgage payment of $900? Somewhere in Middleofnowhere, Missouri? My mortgage is almost triple that, and it ain't a fancy house.

Old
10-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry View Post
LOL where the hell can anyone get a mortgage payment of $900? Somewhere in Middleofnowhere, Missouri? My mortgage is almost triple that, and it ain't a fancy house.
I live in a condex. My morgage payment is more than $900 but not THAT much more. Property taxes in NH are high so when you add that on to my payment it is more.

I live in Southern NH and there are some pretty good deals out there...both in prices of homes and intrest rates. You can buy a decent home for much cheaper than when I bought my condex. The inventory on homes for sale is high. It is a buyer's market.

I live in a middle class town. I moved here in the late 80's because the schools were excellent. I wanted a condex because I didn't want to pay "condo fees". It is in the woods with a nice yard and big rooms with a very large closet for clothes in my room. I have a garage and fireplace so I am good....I just wish it was paid for

Last edited by Ladyfan: 10-22-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old
10-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Where are they from ?

Are your kids their age ?
One is from Lancaster, CA. I believe it's just north of LA. The other is from Princeton, NJ.

Nope. They are 18 and 19. My kids are 7, 9 and 12. They like having the older guys around though.

Old
10-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
One is from Lancaster, CA. I believe it's just north of LA. The other is from Princeton, NJ.

Nope. They are 18 and 19. My kids are 7, 9 and 12. They like having the older guys around though.
Well have fun

Old
10-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
I live in a condex. My morgage payment is more than $900 but not THAT much more. Property taxes in NH are high so when you add that on to my payment it is more.

I live in Southern NH and there are some pretty good deals out there...both in prices of homes and intrest rates. You can buy a decent home for much cheaper than when I bought my condex. The inventory on homes for sale is high. It is a buyer's market.

I live in a middle class town. I moved here in the late 80's because the schools were excellent. I wanted a condex because I didn't want to pay "condo fees". It is in the woods with a nice yard and big rooms with a very large closet for clothes in my room. I have a garage and fireplace so I am good....I just wish it was paid for
Having lived in NH, Long Island, and the burbs of Seattle... NH property taxes aren't bad at all. ;-) I'm just slightly jealous of your mortgage is all.

Old
10-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry View Post
Having lived in NH, Long Island, and the burbs of Seattle... NH property taxes aren't bad at all. ;-) I'm just slightly jealous of your mortgage is all.
I bet you have a BIG house in a wealthy neighborhood

Old
10-24-2012, 12:22 AM
DanielEtvs
stuck on stoopid

so has anyone who picked option 2 received any refund yet? I think they were maybe holding out hope they would still play all 82 and not have to refund anyone, but that seems highly unlikely now.

Looch you said you bet lots of people picked Option 1, just curious what your logic for that assumption is? I assume the prices for NEXT year are highly unlikely to go up, especially after whatever damage is done to the game/revenue after this lockout, so what is the incentive for letting them keep your money? (besides the 3%)

Old
10-24-2012, 06:56 AM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielEtvs View Post
so has anyone who picked option 2 received any refund yet? I think they were maybe holding out hope they would still play all 82 and not have to refund anyone, but that seems highly unlikely now.

Looch you said you bet lots of people picked Option 1, just curious what your logic for that assumption is? I assume the prices for NEXT year are highly unlikely to go up, especially after whatever damage is done to the game/revenue after this lockout, so what is the incentive for letting them keep your money? (besides the 3%)
Refunds are supposed to be sent monthly (in early Nov for Oct games).

Choosing was a crapshoot. The difference in interest is minimal, especially if the season gets cancelled (they stop paying interest at that point). Choosing option 1 was for the optimists that expected little to no time missed (guarantee of ticket price freeze with damage from lockout minimal), and option 2 was for those who believed that a long lockout is coming and there is "no way" they raise ticket prices).

Most people seemed to think something would get done on the "How could they possibly let this happen again. No way they miss another season after last time."

Those who thought "Greed always finds a way to rule the day in sports" tended to choose to get their money back.

Old
10-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Minutes4Fighting View Post

Choosing was a crapshoot. The difference in interest is minimal, especially if the season gets cancelled (they stop paying interest at that point). Choosing option 1 was for the optimists that expected little to no time missed (guarantee of ticket price freeze with damage from lockout minimal), and option 2 was for those who believed that a long lockout is coming and there is "no way" they raise ticket prices).

Most people seemed to think something would get done on the "How could they possibly let this happen again. No way they miss another season after last time."

Those who thought "Greed always finds a way to rule the day in sports" tended to choose to get their money back.
I chose option 1 because I knew I was renewing next season, regardless of what happens with this year. If there's the chance (however small it would be) that I can protect myself against an increase next year, I'd be foolish not to choose that. Has nothing to do with being optimistic. I haven't had much optimism at all in these negotiations, and it didn't factor in to my decision.

Old
10-24-2012, 08:54 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielEtvs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Minutes4Fighting View Post

I tend to agree with everything 5mins said.

I believe the 3% had little to no bearing on most STH's decision to take option 1. They did it because of the guaranteed price lock for the '13-'14 season. Some (such as Kate) still weren't optimistic, but if they knew for certain they were going to renew their tickets, regardless of how ugly things get, it made complete sense to take advantage and lock in the price. However, even if you know you are going to renew regardless, depending on how much you have invested, it have still made more sense to take option 2.

As and example, if you have 4 club seats, I'm guessing they are around $150/each...or better yet 4 glass seats (I know they are $300 each at "discounted" ST price ). Those STH's are paying between $600 and $1200 PER GAME for their 2 or 4 seats. Thats comes out to 26-52k PER season. Even if they know they are going to renew, depending on their situation, it might make more sense for them not let the team hold onto that money and to invest it in other ways.

My take has been from the beginning that if we start the season by Black Friday, the right decision was option 1. If it doesn't start till Jan 1st, the right decision was option 2.

If we only have half a season, I believe the team could have a solid year (making it to the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs is solid/decent imo) and JJ wouldn't be stupid enough to increase prices. As losing half a season will do more harm than a decent run in the playoffs does good.

You have to take into consideration that renewal info with the following year's prices has always come out in early March I believe. If they stick with that, how deep of a run we make in the playoffs would have no bearing on the following year's prices. So with only 2 short months of games (Jan. & Feb.), I'd highly doubt there is any chance JJ would try to gouge more money coming off several months of negative PR from the lockout.

I wouldn't put it past JJ to go the unconventional route his season though. If he likes our chances of making a deep run, there's always the possibly he could delay sending out renewal info until the end of the season...or possibly even after the first round of the playoffs.

That scenario is probably unlikely. However, I'm admittedly biased when it comes to all things JJ . I already made reference to his acquiring the North Station parking garage rights this year. And it appears coming off the NBA's shortened season, the NHL's ongoing lockout and the current recession, he isn't going to hesitate to raise rates by close to 50%. As it was $25 last year per game. And he offered Celtics STH's a discount rate this year of $30 per game if they bought the entire season up front. Which would lead me to believe the individual game rate is going to be $35-$40.

He is a spectacular owner that cares deeply for his fans though. I truly believe he alway has are best interests at heart when making any financial decision. We don't realize how good we really have it in Boston!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I chose option 1 because I knew I was renewing next season, regardless of what happens with this year. If there's the chance (however small it would be) that I can protect myself against an increase next year, I'd be foolish not to choose that. Has nothing to do with being optimistic. I haven't had much optimism at all in these negotiations, and it didn't factor in to my decision.
Sadly, you're in the majority.

Closed Thread