HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Cgy-phi

Old
10-22-2012, 05:18 PM
ComixZone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
No thanks. We aren't winning the cup with Kipper or Iggy, we're still a few years down the line before we really compete.
I wouldn't think that...Philly is a pretty damn good team. Add in an elite scoring winger like Iginla (although, it would have to be without subtracting actual roster players) and get a bit of consistency out of Bryz, and I'd peg the Flyers as one of the top 3 teams in the East easily.

If the Flyers snag someone like Perry via free agency next summer? I don't think there's an awful lot holding them back.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 05:34 PM
FoppaForsberg*

If Philly got an elite goalie like Kipper I think they'd be in a cup contender no doubt.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 07:20 PM
NitHeel
Kimmo Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
I wouldn't think that...Philly is a pretty damn good team. Add in an elite scoring winger like Iginla (although, it would have to be without subtracting actual roster players) and get a bit of consistency out of Bryz, and I'd peg the Flyers as one of the top 3 teams in the East easily.

If the Flyers snag someone like Perry via free agency next summer? I don't think there's an awful lot holding them back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM93 View Post
If Philly got an elite goalie like Kipper I think they'd be in a cup contender no doubt.
Spending all that cap space without upgrading your defense is asking for a disaster if you're the Flyers. Just not the right fit.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 07:21 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:

Flyers need to deal with bigger holes on their blue-line before they set aside cap space for someone like Perry.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:

Yeah, the Flyers will ice an All-Star top 2 lines and then have nobody on the blueline. Championship!

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:16 AM
dookie88

Quote:

If we snag someone like Perry, I'd rather have B.Schenn to play with him instead of Iginla.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote