*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2012, 10:16 AM
dansk55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goaltending Guru View Post
That's not necessarily true. We don't know that he's not a old friend of the Cicarellis who they agreed with to not pay a whole lot to, but rather to just help keep him in the game while giving him a fancy-sounding job title to keep up appearances. Now, they go adding front office staff members left and right over the next 6 months, then I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and start thinking "Hmmm, maybe the Sting are starting to turn around a bit!"
Never suggested he was buds with management. I am sure he wants a job and able to do the job...what about the guru they have now...Burr.
I think they do need someone in there who knows how to market a team. they have missed the bandwagon many many times and opportunities to do something unique. Maybe he'll bring Saginaw's great ideas to town.
I hope he doesn't become stoic like rest of upper eschelon. I really hope he does well and doesn't get brushed aside.

Old
10-19-2012, 09:06 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
Martin was hot. looked great.Robbed gali a few times. Burnside was also impressive.Fast team
Nemecek looked terrible,out of sinc,What has happened to boucher,nothing in the last 4 or so games at all.Hottot only skates on PK and PP.No heart,gives up way too easy.Had 3-4 great opportunity to pass to gali and kept the puck only to lose it.Keep him off this line!!Too many soft passes by the team,Turn overs galore,Anthony Di gave a soft pass to Missy for goal.JP not as sharp as usual but game not his fault.Nikiandrov played well i thought

Watched game on OHL livestream.The boys played poorly in Guelph,Went down 5-0JP pulled.fought back to 5-3 on PP goals.Goldy had a beauty.Then stupid penalities.Very undisciplined.Hottot takes a dumb penality with a head shot away from the play.He is gone for 5-10 games for sure.Ref's were bad also.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Sting Fire

Team Player Date of Game Discipline Eligible to Return
SAR Craig Hottot Oct. 19 Indefinite TBA
SAR Anthony DeAngelo Oct. 19 2 Games Oct. 27
SAR Alex Basso Oct. 13 3 Games Oct. 25
Hots it appears does not want to play again, stupid stupid penalty
Anthony needs to learn to control the Yap
Not a good night in Guelph

Old
10-21-2012, 09:22 AM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Fire View Post
Team Player Date of Game Discipline Eligible to Return
SAR Craig Hottot Oct. 19 Indefinite TBA
SAR Anthony DeAngelo Oct. 19 2 Games Oct. 27
SAR Alex Basso Oct. 13 3 Games Oct. 25
Hots it appears does not want to play again, stupid stupid penalty
Anthony needs to learn to control the Yap
Not a good night in Guelph
Hottot is rumoured to be 8 games.I am surprised only 8.

The boys played not bad last night.Worked hard.Barrick let a softy in but otherwise played well.Poor Goldy looked lost without Gali on his line.He did have a nice goal though.I think the lines last night makes us a bit weaker offensively.Boucher,Sarault and Gali was strong but the opposition only has one line to worry about.Rookie line working hard.I hate our PP when they put a forward on defence and only 1 defenceman.Didnt work last year and twice backfired last night.

Old
10-21-2012, 09:50 AM
johnnydrum

Quote:
Hottot is rumoured to be 8 games.I am surprised only 8.

Poor Goldy looked lost without Gali on his line.He did have a nice goal though.
Ref Goldobin
Hiya All!
Just saw the highlights on line, and my goodness what a nice goal.
He seems to be really clicking now, on a 7 game points streak.
Does anyone out there have a decent image of him?
I cant find hardly anything about him, even though he has been in the OHL 3 weeks.
(no player portrait on the OHL or Stings site), and can anyone tell me if his weight--some places listed as 155 ilbs is correct?
Looked like Nail on that cheeky deke last night..

Whats the story with Nemecek? Healthy scratch?

Old
10-21-2012, 09:58 AM
lazyboy

I will say this about this years Sting team: at least the games are entertaining. I don't think I've left the RBC once this year thinking I could have spent my entertainment dollar better elsewhere. Yet again another good crowd. Is Sarnia flooded with freebies??
Hottot -I've been a fan of Hottot and his heart and soul leadership role in the past but this year I am really seeing an attitude of arrogance. How he got away with his head hunting in the preseason vs the spits I don't know, but he won't be so lucky this time against guelph. That was an absurdly stupid and selfish penalty on top of the fact it was predatory. I said 5 games at the time but since I'm usually only 1/2 of what the ohl delivers I'd guess its going to be around 10. I'm of the believe that Dundas is already on the road to replace #16 role on this team
Goldobin -I like his play much better with Galy but even without him you can witness the skill set. Plus he hasn't even played a dozen games. I'm rather hopeful that by the time the near year rolls around he will more defensively reliable and still provide the consistent offensive punch that is undoubtedly in his game
Chapman - already half way to the 10 fight maximum before suspension but he is quickly becoming a d'man the team relies on more and more in many situations
Powerplay - I have always hated the sting pp with one man pointing it or putting a forward back there. Then I go check the ohl site and see that they are always one of the league leaders so I just have to accept it. I don't mind their set up when Murphy or DeAngelo is the point man since they have the skill set to run that sort of scheme but sometimes I feel a more traditional set would be called for. Once again, presently 3rd overall on pp so I can't argue with success

Old
10-21-2012, 01:22 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum View Post
Ref Goldobin
Hiya All!
Just saw the highlights on line, and my goodness what a nice goal.
He seems to be really clicking now, on a 7 game points streak.
Does anyone out there have a decent image of him?
I cant find hardly anything about him, even though he has been in the OHL 3 weeks.
(no player portrait on the OHL or Stings site), and can anyone tell me if his weight--some places listed as 155 ilbs is correct?
Looked like Nail on that cheeky deke last night..

Whats the story with Nemecek? Healthy scratch?
Nemecek played the last few games.Not sure if he was injured before those games.Starting to play better.He was out of sync for the first few games.Hard to find photo for Goldobin.Yes he is exciting to watch.needs to work on his defence but give him time.Very hard and acurate shot for sure.I met him and i would say 155 might be a bit heavy for him.more 145ish

Old
10-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Baldy

Hottot gets 10. http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/page/media-notes

Last edited by Baldy: 10-22-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old
10-22-2012, 04:26 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
Not surprising he has been skating on the edge for far too long
Too bad I like what he brings overall,but it appears selfishness got the best of him

Old
10-22-2012, 05:43 PM
BoxerMax

Quote:
I am surprised he only got 10 games.

Old
10-22-2012, 06:05 PM
krauss72

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
Me to. And frankly if he is gonna wear the A on his sweater he needs to start being a leader.

Old
10-22-2012, 06:34 PM
hardoil3232

dancing bears

looks like eries mcguire is the champ after beating bowen

Old
10-22-2012, 07:55 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
Surprise,3 of the 4 suspensions on the OHL site are Sting players.Sit Basso out for another 5 games so he undertsands.he hasnt done anything yet this year anyways,

Hottot,Grow up.bench him and give the rookies some more time,Strip the A,Yes he has been OK on PK and PP but full strenghth,he is a liability.20 bucks says this wont be his last stupid penalty this year.

D'angelo,shut your mouth and play hockey,learn to pass to your teammates stick,and yes you are going to get hit once in a while.take it like a man.

Old
10-22-2012, 10:20 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoil3232 View Post
looks like eries mcguire is the champ after beating bowen
A) wrong thread

B) He's up there, but has a couple of guys to go through first.

Old
10-24-2012, 09:01 AM
dansk55

subway series...
I heard NY is captain of russian jr. team. I thought he emphatically stated he did not want to play against boys. Why the change of heart? And if the NHL resumes, and he does not make the Oilers roster, where does he go?
As for Hottot, actually surprised he got just 10 games considering the fact is a mutiple offender.

Old
10-24-2012, 12:55 PM
PdashOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post
subway series...
I heard NY is captain of russian jr. team. I thought he emphatically stated he did not want to play against boys. Why the change of heart? And if the NHL resumes, and he does not make the Oilers roster, where does he go?
I believe Jacques said something along the lines of Yakupov playing in this because he's going to be the captain of the WJC team.

I assume if he doesn't make the Oilers (even though he's totally going to make the Oilers), he'd either stay in Russia until he does (like Kuznetsov) or go to the AHL (since there's no CHL contract in his way anymore). That said, he's going to make the Oilers.

Old
10-24-2012, 07:37 PM
HEMW5

Quote:
Surprise,3 of the 4 suspensions on the OHL site are Sting players.Sit Basso out for another 5 games so he undertsands.he hasnt done anything yet this year anyways,

Hottot,Grow up.bench him and give the rookies some more time,Strip the A,Yes he has been OK on PK and PP but full strenghth,he is a liability.20 bucks says this wont be his last stupid penalty this year.

D'angelo,shut your mouth and play hockey,learn to pass to your teammates stick,and yes you are going to get hit once in a while.take it like a man.
Isn't it wonderful when we know everything, not saying you haven't made some valid points but not all

Old
10-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Baldy

According to the Stings Twitter feed, they have acquired F Alex Carnevale from Belleville for our 5th (Nia) in 13.
What is the rationale for this? He has played 6 games, 0 G, 0 A, 0 pts, 0 PIM 0 +/-.

Is he a temporary filler for Hottot?

Last edited by Baldy: 10-27-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Added text
Old
10-27-2012, 05:20 PM
PdashOw

Quote:
According to the Stings Twitter feed, they have acquired F Alex Carnevale from Belleville for our 5th (Nia) in 13.
What is the rationale for this? He has played 6 games, 0 G, 0 A, 0 pts, 0 PIM 0 +/-.

Is he a temporary filler for Hottot?
They only had 13 Fs to begin with, and Hottot's out, Brown is hurt, and Nikandrov didn't make the road trip, so they're pretty short handed. They dressed 11 up front Thursday and will do so again tonight (Ciccarelli got called up), so they needed more bodies.

Old
10-27-2012, 08:30 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdashOw View Post
They only had 13 Fs to begin with, and Hottot's out, Brown is hurt, and Nikandrov didn't make the road trip, so they're pretty short handed. They dressed 11 up front Thursday and will do so again tonight (Ciccarelli got called up), so they needed more bodies.
Cicarelli didnt get much ice time.Good game by the boys tonight,goldy with 2 nice assist and a goal.He passed the puck onto the stick of Mcdavid for a goal.Rookie mistake but he is looking good.Nice goal by Duinick also.Dansk kept the game a lot closer than it was.Good job

Old
10-28-2012, 03:04 PM
honey bee

Where are Josh Chapman and Daniel Nikandrov this weekend?

Old
10-28-2012, 03:26 PM
PdashOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey bee View Post
Where are Josh Chapman and Daniel Nikandrov this weekend?
Hurt. Chapman broke his finger in practice Wednesday. Nikandrov got hurt ("upper-body") against Windsor Thursday.

Old
10-28-2012, 04:17 PM
StungbySting

Anyone ever make the trip to Saginaw? Thinking about going to the game on November 4th. Any suggestions or advice?

Old
10-28-2012, 04:27 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdashOw View Post
Hurt. Chapman broke his finger in practice Wednesday. Nikandrov got hurt ("upper-body") against Windsor Thursday.
Boys played well again today.Barrick played solid.We didnt get many shots but were quality.Our PP is #1 in the league.they also did well on the PK.Sarault is just all over the ice.great player,New player Carnevale looked not bad,he will come along hopefully.These kids are playing there hearts out.Hargrave gets his first OHL goal.Good Job.3 games in a row we had problems scoring in the open net when the opposition have pulled their goalies to finish the game off.I was the first to complain about Jocko,he and the asst coaches are doing a great job getting 100% commitment out of this team.Good job by all.Go Sting

Old
10-28-2012, 04:30 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
Anyone ever make the trip to Saginaw? Thinking about going to the game on November 4th. Any suggestions or advice?
Went last year with Sting bus fans.Tickets wont be a problem.Not too big of crowd. I was told if you want to stay overnight the hotel right there gives an awesum price for tickets and a stay.Go on there website and check it out.Arena easy to find

Closed Thread