Football Manager 2013

Old
10-22-2012, 05:19 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
There's almost no limit to the possibilities in the editor. Replacing a team is pretty straight forward, I think you'd have to use the advanced options if you want to actually reduce the number of teams in a league though.
How similar is it to the EHM editor ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 05:23 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

The only problem with replacing MLS teams is that the new team doesn't get an academy team tied it (at least in FM '12) which hurt their player development.

I'd be lying if I said I was a fan of the beta. The match engine is terrible, the game moves so slowly for me even after switching it from GPU to software and they've somehow made international management even more tedious.

Of course, having the actual people who play the game beta test it is really smart and the first day patch should do a solid job of fixing the problems.

theaub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 05:56 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

How is the youth system in game ?

Old
10-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Belamorte
Feed Your Head

Pre-ordered a while back but will not be installing the beta. Ill wait for the full release to begin a new career.

Belamorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 07:21 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

Fun fact: if you start a game in Norway in 2013, Canada's ranking drops to 203 at the start

Old
10-22-2012, 08:02 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
Fun fact: if you start a game in Norway in 2013, Canada's ranking drops to 203 at the start

Well it is a beta, so there's bound to be bugs.

Old
10-22-2012, 08:36 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyhouse View Post
Pre-ordered a while back but will not be installing the beta. Ill wait for the full release to begin a new career.
You are able to continue your save when the full version drops.I am starting two simultaneous saves, one with Juventus and the other with Bayern Munich.I plan on playing a half season for both over the next two weeks and then continuing when the full version is released.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Captain Saku

In the last FM version I played (FM11) my assistant coach used to give me a scouting report of the next opponent team with details of the formation and their style and used to give me advices on what tactics to use. Now he only gives me a report on what formation the other team uses. Did FM remove the advices the assistant coach used to make?

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Belamorte
Feed Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
You are able to continue your save when the full version drops.I am starting two simultaneous saves, one with Juventus and the other with Bayern Munich.I plan on playing a half season for both over the next two weeks and then continuing when the full version is released.

oh, did not realize that. Perhaps I will load it up and start. thanks

Belamorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:15 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
In the last FM version I played (FM11) my assistant coach used to give me a scouting report of the next opponent team with details of the formation and their style and used to give me advices on what tactics to use. Now he only gives me a report on what formation the other team uses. Did FM remove the advices the assistant coach used to make?
It also shows you what formation the teams have faced which can help you.

For your formation, its probably better to check your own team report and see where your positions of strength are

Old
10-23-2012, 07:59 PM
WhiskeySeven

My favourite ever play-through was fm12, I took Bayern and decided/declared that I wouldn't re-do any games or saves or any of that stuff. Robben and Ribery both got injured (naturally) and I and I had to resort to a 4-1dm-3cm-2fwd and I ended up winning the CL, the league and the cup with IVICA OLIC scoring 40-something goals total and Thomas Muller 28-or-so himself.

I fell in love with winger-less formations after that, they're so fun, it's like you can play against anyone anywhere and totally neutralize them and (hopefully) win. Granted I squeaked out a lot of wins with a goal or two and I had a pretty good team even without Robben or Ribery but the opponents just couldn't score. It was like Jacques Martin's rope-a-dope style with the Habs-Caps series in games 5, 6 and 7. Deep defensive line and two forwards with fantastic work ethic and speed, I always try to re-imagine that with other teams and saves.

I'm stoked to play as Bayern in fm13, they're a certified super-team now with all the depth and talent. Chelsea too. Also going to start a save with the lowest level German league and try to win the CL. I love this game/simulator.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 08:47 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

How in deep is this game ?

What about load times ? How long does a season take ?

Old
10-23-2012, 10:33 PM
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post

Very.

How long a season takes obviously depends on how serious you play e.g how you handle press conferences, matchcoaching etc. It also depends on how many leagues and divisions you decide to play with and how good of a computer you have. If you have a good one it will simulate all games faster.

I'm sure alot knew about this already but it's pretty cool: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...icle33798.html

XO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:

With the regular "full" game you should expect a season to take anywhere between 8 and 30 hours to complete, depending on how many leagues you are running, how much you choose to do yourself and how much time you spend scouting for new players.

With the new FM Classic mode I ran through half a season in about 3 hours, a normal season usually takes 24 hours for me, so it is quite a bit faster.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 01:05 AM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Is it difficult for anyone else to sell players? I am on my Bayern Munich save and was given a somewhat small transfer budget. I am trying to get more funds to purchase Stevan Jovetic by selling Arjen Robben and/or Franck Ribery. Both are valued around ~$30 million each, yet I can not get a single team interested even at half that amount. I know both are near 30 years of age but not one single team would make an offer for $15 million for either? I even tried offering them around for $7 million just to see if any offers would come in and even at that amount, which is less then 1/4th of their in game value, not a single club made an offer. I hope that is addressed. I know there is no way that if Robben or Ribery were offered around for $10 million that there wouldn't be at least 20 teams clamoring to sign them.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 06:39 AM
Captain Saku

International team management is broken in the beta version i hope they fix it, too many bugs. I had to pick the canada squad one month ahead of the gold cup, i had a player i wanted to pick who was injured but would be cleared in 2 or 3 days and they wouldnt let me to pick him.

Old
10-24-2012, 11:48 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Thanks guys,

Let say I want too play with the big leagues on... And the top 2 leagues on in all of the major countries...

What's the youth system like ? And the development.

Old
10-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Thanks guys,

Let say I want too play with the big leagues on... And the top 2 leagues on in all of the major countries...

What's the youth system like ? And the development.
it's very detailed. Each team have an academy. You need to hire a good coach who's also very good with youth development to maximize your chance for your youth to reach their potential.

Basically there are 3 things to keep in mind:

1) You need to have very good scout that will find you players between 14 and 16 with big potential
2) A good academy that produce youth players with high potential by investing in your youth facility
3) A good youth coach that will help your youth reach their maximum potential

Old
10-24-2012, 01:02 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
it's very detailed. Each team have an academy. You need to hire a good coach who's also very good with youth development to maximize your chance for your youth to reach their potential.

Basically there are 3 things to keep in mind:

1) You need to have very good scout that will find you players between 14 and 16 with big potential
2) A good academy that produce youth players with high potential by investing in your youth facility
3) A good youth coach that will help your youth reach their maximum potential
Say I want to play as the Impact ?

And turn Canada into a power house, I can do that by scoutin young Canadians and putting money into the youth squad ?

Old
10-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:

And turn Canada into a power house, I can do that by scoutin young Canadians and putting money into the youth squad ?
It'll be hard to turn Canada into a powerhouse. The game is as realistic as you can imagine from a simulator. You will find better talent from tradional soccer countries like brazil or europe.

However you can contribute producing young canadian talent by investing in the academy. Sometimes you can recruit a young guy from outside and after 5 years let's say he gets his canadian citizenship and decides he wants to play for Canada.

However, the board doesnt always agree to invest money in the academy. I tried in my first season with the impact to request fund to have better facility for youth development but Joey Saputo refused. But I made the request after I signed Malouda to a 6 million a year DP contract, so he could have accepted if I didnt spend the money on a player.

By the way the Montreal Impact board would allow you to scout only in north and central america. You wont be able to ask your scout to fin young players in europe. I think it's the case for all MLS teams.

Old
10-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:

To turn Canada into a power house will take a lot of work. You'd have to be consistently winning things with the Canadian team of your choice and upgrade all the youth facilities and training to their best and do this with all three Canadian teams as well as doing well with the national team. It'd probably take around 30-40 years to get to a level similar to that of Portugal or someone and around 50 years to get to the level of someone like Brazil in their prime.

I had an excellent game with Vancouver last year but the Canadian team didn't improve that much despite this.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 03:21 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

In game time ? I could add a few Canadian MLS teams.. And USL..

Old
10-24-2012, 03:43 PM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
Unless you edit some stuff in the editor Canada or the US will never produce enough good newgens to be a "powerhouse." The ones that do have really high potential have such a low starting ability they never reach their potential ability.

The VEGASKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 03:46 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASKING View Post
Unless you edit some stuff in the editor Canada or the US will never produce enough good newgens to be a "powerhouse." The ones that do have really high potential have such a low starting ability they never reach their potential ability.
What exactly needs to be edited ?

Old
10-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
What exactly needs to be edited ?
You can pretty much create any imaginary league/team/competition with football manager editor.

I personnally never touched it. Too complex.