HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Dynasty League - Traded Malkin

Old
10-22-2012, 08:28 PM
stami

vCash: 500
Dynasty League - Traded Malkin

Dynasty League

Traded Malkin & N. Backstrom (WAS), for RNH,Skinner & Kovalchuk

Thoughts?

League roster & stats: CC RWRW LWLW DDDD UtlUtl. G,A,Pts,PPP,+\-,PIMs,SHG,BLK Shts

stami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 10:43 PM
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!

You lose in real life, but probably win in fantasy.

TheKingSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 10:47 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Don't like it for you.

Malkin is the best player in the deal, and I feel like Backstrom could very well be the second best player in the deal as well.

Without Backstrom and Skinner, the deal would have looked better.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 10:57 PM
stami

Thanks for the info. But I feel Backstrom has a huge durability issue and personally I'm not a fan of his. Skinner with the Staal brothers any day over Backstrom for me.

If Skinner becomes a 90pt player, I feel I win. RNH will be a 100pt player at some point IMO only.

stami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 06:26 PM
stevens8204

Send a message via AIM to stevens8204 Send a message via MSN to stevens8204 Send a message via Skype™ to stevens8204
Quote:
Originally Posted by stami View Post
Thanks for the info. But I feel Backstrom has a huge durability issue and personally I'm not a fan of his. Skinner with the Staal brothers any day over Backstrom for me.

If Skinner becomes a 90pt player, I feel I win. RNH will be a 100pt player at some point IMO only.
It is a gamble of a trade but RNH has to stay healthy for this trade to work and Skinner has to improve his hands and skating around the scoring areas. Sometimes you have to pull the trigger on these moves. I can see why the move was made.

stevens8204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 05:10 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:

Durability is an issue for Backstrom, but he's an elite point producing center currently, who I would never move for Skinner.

I really doubt Skinner ever becomes a 90 point player, and I'm not so sure RNH becomes a 100 point player, and if he does I doubt he will be able to hit it as regularly as Malkin.

Old
10-26-2012, 05:14 PM
bigsick

Backstrom is 2 times the offensive force that skinner is. Like buddy said, without backstrom and skinner its a much tougher choice.

Even then i probably would have kept Malkin and im a huge RNH and Kovalchuk fan.

bigsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:

Durability issue? He has been injured once in his career and it was a concussion due to a cheap shot. RNH was injured for a good stretch of his rookie year... i'd say that's way more of a durability concern than backstrom..

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 10:04 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Durability issue? He has been injured once in his career and it was a concussion due to a cheap shot. RNH was injured for a good stretch of his rookie year... i'd say that's way more of a durability concern than backstrom..
Agree. But a concussion does warrant some concern, defiantly not enough to deal him away for what is essentially just Jeff Skinner.