HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [2-1-0] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Yes, it's correct. Not word on Leblanc.

You could probably replace Hagel with "Punching bag" and Stortini with " Good for at least 1 dumb penalty and probably won't fight anyone"

If Buffalo scores less than 5 goals it's a win for us. Well.. Rochester.
Rochester is having their own defensive play issues though, worst goals and shots against in the whole A so far. They`ve got a bunch of NHL and NHL-ish level players on that squad and have scored a bunch of goals but that doesn`t necessarily make them a good team at the present moment.

Old
10-22-2012, 11:58 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Yes, it's correct. Not word on Leblanc.

You could probably replace Hagel with "Punching bag" and Stortini with " Good for at least 1 dumb penalty and probably won't fight anyone"

If Buffalo scores less than 5 goals it's a win for us. Well.. Rochester.
Thanks, our GDT is now up HERE.

Rochester does have six fighting majors and that is quite different from Buffalo's style of late, so I'd expect Tarnasky and/or Finley to go with one of Hagel or Stortini if there are to be fisticuffs at the First Niagara Center.

If Hamilton's undisciplined, it could prove costly as our PP units have been humming with Mancari, Brennan and McNabb manning the points. However, our defensive zone play has really struggled with clearances, the PK and can often be found scrambling after errant passes. Rochester has allowed 3+ goals in all five games (seven if you include the preseason), so yes, there will be goals to be had in this one.

Old
10-23-2012, 12:01 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikiki Bousquet View Post
I just finished watching the second game against the Marlies.

I must say, overall, i was impressed by the way the boys played over the game.

By that, i mean that i was already expecting sloppiness in the passes and in the system, but they gave me hope for the future since, between two dumb plays, there was always something good that was being done.

We need to understand that this young team will develop itself with time and work : not only the player taken individually, but the team as a whole. And so, i base my satisfaction of their work on projections ; of what they could be with time, and not what they've done on their third game of the season.

This said, i must say the player that impressed me the most was Beaulieu. For a player that profoundly disappointed me in the lhjmq playoffs and in team canada, i thought he was by far the player with the most evident potential in him. Some of his passes were just too much "nhl" for some of his teammates. I find he was always in the action, never stupidly lost the puck and wasn't that bad in defensive situation. Most of the time, he used his quick thinking to defuse an otherwise dangerous situation. He wasn't perfect, nor did he made me think he was ready for the nhl. But i really think he was, of all the bulldog players, the one player that has star-potential in the nhl.

If he will develop his talent is an entirely different debate, but he definitely has it in him.
Great post man! I agree with everything you said.

Old
10-23-2012, 09:23 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Will be interesting to see who's in net as I thought Delmas looked sharp despite giving up 2. Hopefully one or both of Ellis and Nattinen are in the lineup.

While I expect a lot of growing pains with the team (to be expected when you have 4 rookie d's in the game) I don't usually put too much into how they look the first month of the season especially with another new coaching staff. Will be very interesting to see how they adjust as the season goes on though, although getting Desjardins back is huge since he could end up being the best player on the team in terms of the AHL (not talking about NHL upside)

Old
10-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Will be interesting to see who's in net as I thought Delmas looked sharp despite giving up 2. Hopefully one or both of Ellis and Nattinen are in the lineup.

While I expect a lot of growing pains with the team (to be expected when you have 4 rookie d's in the game) I don't usually put too much into how they look the first month of the season especially with another new coaching staff. Will be very interesting to see how they adjust as the season goes on though, although getting Desjardins back is huge since he could end up being the best player on the team in terms of the AHL (not talking about NHL upside)
Plus that young D is facing more NHLers than they normally would starting out in the AHL.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Plus that young D is facing more NHLers than they normally would starting out in the AHL.
Totally right. Some people just don't seem to see that kind of stuff. Yep, Marlies are a good team and will be good this year. But remove just 1 player from that team like Gardiner and in no way do they look dominating like they did last game. No way. Not only defensively, but the counter attack and so on....Gardiner was just in another league. So since people do their analysis based on what they are seeing, no Gardiner and you don't see that kind of poor showing.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:31 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Totally right. Some people just don't seem to see that kind of stuff. Yep, Marlies are a good team and will be good this year. But remove just 1 player from that team like Gardiner and in no way do they look dominating like they did last game. No way. Not only defensively, but the counter attack and so on....Gardiner was just in another league. So since people do their analysis based on what they are seeing, no Gardiner and you don't see that kind of poor showing.
Exactly. They have a guy that is capable of top-4 duties in the NHL playing on their team. It makes a huge difference for them.

Marlies are a good AHL team. They have a couple good prospects, but they have some good veterans as well. Hamilton has far more potential impact NHL prospects however. Greener though.

Old
10-23-2012, 01:03 PM
canadiensnation
The Drive for 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

Leblanc is doubtful so Nattinen is most likely coming in and if Ellis is ready he is coming in for Corbin.

Old
10-23-2012, 01:12 PM
EveryDay
Habs Prospect

Still waiting after Derek Willis for the bulldogs lineup for tonight game.....

Old
10-23-2012, 01:49 PM
canadiensnation
The Drive for 25.

does anyone know a live stream for this game?

Old
10-23-2012, 02:01 PM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
Leblanc is doubtful so Nattinen is most likely coming in and if Ellis is ready he is coming in for Corbin.
Nattinen was healthy scratch or was he injured ?

Old
10-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Rochester is having their own defensive play issues though, worst goals and shots against in the whole A so far. They`ve got a bunch of NHL and NHL-ish level players on that squad and have scored a bunch of goals but that doesn`t necessarily make them a good team at the present moment.
Still better than us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post

Rochester does have six fighting majors and that is quite different from Buffalo's style of late, so I'd expect Tarnasky and/or Finley to go with one of Hagel or Stortini if there are to be fisticuffs at the First Niagara Center.

If Hamilton's undisciplined, it could prove costly as our PP units have been humming with Mancari, Brennan and McNabb manning the points. However, our defensive zone play has really struggled with clearances, the PK and can often be found scrambling after errant passes. Rochester has allowed 3+ goals in all five games (seven if you include the preseason), so yes, there will be goals to be had in this one.
We have Robert Mayer, or Peter Delmas as goalie. Neither seem to show any potential to even be NHL back ups.

Our d of Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Corbin, Pateryn, Nash, and St-Denis only 2 have 10+ games at the pro level. I think St-Denis and Nash have more NHL games than the others have AHL games.

This season is a learning curve for a lot of our prospects. It's going to be ugly, but as long as they learn through it, it's worth it.

Old
10-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
They have a GDT? Someone needs to step the **** up in this board.

Old
10-23-2012, 04:03 PM
domdo345

didnt see any links on atdhe.net

Old
10-23-2012, 04:55 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Nattinen was healthy scratch or was he injured ?
He was sick for the first game, but healthy scratch the last two. Perhaps the coach didn't want to change the lineup since they had won their first two games.

Old
10-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Mue

dogsplaybyplay I expect @MorganEllis4 to make pro debut, Joonas Nattinen to make season debut, @PDelmas to get start in net for @BulldogsAHL tonight.

Old
10-23-2012, 05:56 PM
canadiensnation
The Drive for 25.

This live stream might work: http://espnliveblog.info/live-stream...ter-americans/

Old
10-23-2012, 06:04 PM
canadiensnation
The Drive for 25.

as per SBN: Habs Eyes on the prize
Forwards

Aaron Palushaj - Blake Geoffrion - Patrick Holland
Steven Quailer - Michael Bournival - Brendan Gallagher
Michael Blunden - Darryl Boyce - Joonas Nattinen
Kyle Hagel - Gabriel Dumont - Zack Stortini

Defensemen

Jarred Tinordi - Greg Pateryn
Nathan Beaulieu - Frederic St-Denis
Brendan Nash - Morgan Ellis

Goaltenders

Peter Delmas
Robert Mayer

Scratches/Injuries: Alexander Avtsin, Antoine Corbin, Louis Leblanc, Cedrick Desjardins

Old
10-23-2012, 06:13 PM
EveryDay
Habs Prospect

Quote:
as per SBN: Habs Eyes on the prize
Forwards

Aaron Palushaj - Blake Geoffrion - Patrick Holland
Steven Quailer - Michael Bournival - Brendan Gallagher
Michael Blunden - Darryl Boyce - Joonas Nattinen
Kyle Hagel - Gabriel Dumont - Zack Stortini

Defensemen

Goaltenders

Peter Delmas
Robert Mayer

Scratches/Injuries: Alexander Avtsin, Antoine Corbin, Louis Leblanc, Cedrick Desjardins

Berger?

Old
10-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
This is the sexiest D-squad I have ever seen on the Dogs.

Might even like it more than what the Habs dressed some of last year.

Old
10-23-2012, 06:19 PM
canadiensnation
The Drive for 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Berger?
sent to the ECHL

edit: was never sent down, i thought i read it somewhere.

Last edited by canadiensnation: 10-23-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old
10-23-2012, 06:23 PM
EveryDay
Habs Prospect

Quote:
sent to the ECHL
When? do you have any link?

Old
10-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Pretty good Rochester team, hope for, at the very least, a good effort from the kids. Go Bulldogs !

Old
10-23-2012, 06:26 PM
canadiensnation
The Drive for 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
When? do you have any link?
sorry i misread that he wasn't sent down, i believe he is a scratch like Avtsin.

Old
10-23-2012, 06:31 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
This is the sexiest D-squad I have ever seen on the Dogs.

Might even like it more than what the Habs dressed some of last year.
I was anxiously waiting for this defense to forum up after the mem cup this year, and finally, we get to watch it! This is the true strenght of Hamilton, and they are all huge except for St. Denis.

Closed Thread