HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col - Bos

Old
10-23-2012, 07:35 AM
Prajna

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Why did I have the feeling a Boston fan would act insulted that Stastny was in a trade proposal for more than because they have center depth and don't need more of it....

The value is more than fine. It's a joke that anyone would claim Marchand has more value than Stastny. Let alone a prospect that has proven nothing at the NHL stage regardless of hype or status.

Just because a trade doesn't fit your team needs doesn't mean you go on to bash the players involved because you subscribe to the crowd mentality of "Stastny sucks".

Its more than Bostons needs. Even if Stastny has more value than Marchand....Hedjuk at 36 has next to no value for the Bruins and Hamilton is an incredible prospect. Then you want the Bruins to add a second on top of that.
I am not a Bruins fan and this is horrible for them!

Prajna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:47 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Why did I have the feeling a Boston fan would act insulted that Stastny was in a trade proposal for more than because they have center depth and don't need more of it....

The value is more than fine. It's a joke that anyone would claim Marchand has more value than Stastny. Let alone a prospect that has proven nothing at the NHL stage regardless of hype or status.

Just because a trade doesn't fit your team needs doesn't mean you go on to bash the players involved because you subscribe to the crowd mentality of "Stastny sucks".
I think you are reading way more into what he posted than what he actually said.

Stastny's contract doesn't make him valuable to Boston, I think you have to accept that some people are going to feel that way when a guy like Marchand is scoring at the same rate for half the price.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:59 AM
Tralfamadore
Back down to earth

vCash: 50
As an Avs fan I'd consider it...

Tralfamadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 08:02 AM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BON IVER View Post
As an Avs fan I'd consider it...
The fact that you do not jump all over it is disconcerting. This would be a steal for the Avs; the Bruins never do this.

roboninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by avacadoh View Post
Paul Stastny
Milan Hejduk

for

Brad Marchand
Dougie Hamilton
2nd

Boston beefs up for another cup. This would give them three #1 centers!

Colorado gets younger, more potential, and a new shiny Canuck killer.
big time suck for boston... we get a center that arguably is no better then krecji or bergeron and is signed for a higher cap hit... and we get an aging soft winger nearing retirment and somehow we throw in the draft pick to balance things out

100 times fail on this proposal

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Oates2Neely

I'll take "whacky proposals for 800 Alex"...

Wowowow this is lopsided. I honestly prefer Krejci Bergeron AND Seguin over Statsny, & I've always been a Hjeduk fan, but what is his true value at this stage of his career?

Colorado & Boston have no business trading at the moment..both team are deep at center.

NOW come trade deadline and (if) Colorado is out of the race, I'd gladly look into acquiring Hjeduk as a rental..

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 10:18 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
The fact that you do not jump all over it is disconcerting. This would be a steal for the Avs; the Bruins never do this.
Yes, we should totally be giddy to trade our best center for yet another 2nd line winger and defensive prospect...obviously...

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Yes, we should totally be giddy to trade our best center for yet another 2nd line winger and defensive prospect...obviously...
The Top Ranked Defensive Prospect in the World actually...but yes.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:34 AM
TCDaniels
Legen... Wait for it

Quote:

I'm reading the post that you quoted, and - I realize that my reading comprehension might be not up to par - but can you tell me where that poster says (or even implies) that, as you so eloquently paraphrased for him, "Stastny sucks"?

TCDaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 10:37 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Boston has Bergeron, Krejci, Seguin, Kelly, Peverley, Campbell. Why exactly do they need another center? This deal makes absolutely no sense for Boston.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Ceremony
Ten Tons

vCash: 499
I see no reason for the Avs to do this and I see less for Boston to do it.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:36 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:

Am I missing something? Where did he "bash Stastny" Where did he say "Stastny sucks"? He said his contract makes the other two more valuable and that's it. Should I now say I should have expected an Avs fan to blow things out of proportion and make ridiculous claims and then just make things up? Boston doesn't need a center and we need d. How does this trade make us better?

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 11:29 PM
avsman

Even tho the value is in colorados favor, i think the avs say no

avsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 11:36 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:

Wait, what? No one has said Stastny sucks. At all. Comprehension, man.

What was said was Stastny's contract is not favorable to Boston's needs. They have 3 centers making over 5 Million at the start of the 13-14 season.

No one has bashed Stastny. This statement applies to all teams; each team will value their players differently. To a team like Boston, Stastny does not have as much value as he would to a team like... Toronto or Calgary, who are in dire need of a number 1 center. Value is ALWAYS relative.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 06:12 AM
Dellstrom
The new age

Who needs defensemen when you can have 4 first line centers?

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:00 AM
GamingGiant

Yes from COL.

No from BOS.

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:09 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Hell no.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:27 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
The Top Ranked Defensive Prospect in the World actually...but yes.
Still doesn't change the fact that he's proved nothing in the NHL, and as a bigger dman he's probably years away from becoming that top pairing EJ partner that it would make sense to trade staz for. The Avs have a lot of excellent prospect defencemen, they may not be as hyped as Hamilton, but it's still a position of depth, so trading away our best center for another one is silly, even if the guy we're getting does end up marginally better than Siemens, Gaunce, Barrie and Elliott.

It just doesn't make sense for the Avs to trade away any of their centers unless we're getting back a player ready to step onto the first pairing with EJ or a sniper ready to step onto the first line and pot 35+ goals.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:31 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Still doesn't change the fact that he's proved nothing in the NHL, and as a bigger dman he's probably years away from becoming that top pairing EJ partner that it would make sense to trade staz for. The Avs have a lot of excellent prospect defencemen, they may not be as hyped as Hamilton, but it's still a position of depth, so trading away our best center for another one is silly, even if the guy we're getting does end up marginally better than Siemens, Gaunce, Barrie and Elliott.

It just doesn't make sense for the Avs to trade away any of their centers unless we're getting back a player ready to step onto the first pairing with EJ or a sniper ready to step onto the first line.
I hate this phrase ^ . Does this mean every prospect who has yet to prove anything in the NHL carries the same value?

Every player in the NHL at one time was "a prospect that hadn't proven anything in the NHL".. it still doesnt change his value, as he is currently still the top ranked defensive propsect in the world.

Old
10-24-2012, 10:45 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Will counter with:

Stastny & Erik Johnson
for
Krejci, Hamilton, and a 1st

But I agree with others that these teams just don't mesh well as trade partners.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 11:34 AM
cashman rules*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
Will counter with:

Stastny & Erik Johnson
for

But I agree with others that these teams just don't mesh well as trade partners.
Nooooo!As much as i like the aves,not gonna happen period lock er down.

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Will counter with:

Stastny & Erik Johnson
for

swap Krejci for Seguin and I'd do it.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 02:26 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
the chubbiest player from Colorado for two firsts and a second from Boston

WarriorOfGandhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 07:53 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Will counter with:

Stastny & Erik Johnson
for

I don't want to be mean and say outlandish comments, but bro this is brutal.

We need a defenseman to play with EJ, not trade him away.

And besides we only trade with Toronto, I don't want to break up our relationship with them.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Yup

Boston gets screwed.
I don't think these two teams can really trade well with each other.
Both are strong in the middle and the Bruins cannot let their defensemen go/Avs don't want their defensemen (except for Hamilton of course), Chara is too old to have an impact in the future for which the Avs are aiming.

Value-wise not a horrible trade if the 2nd round pick is swapped, but this does no good for Boston and only little good for Avs.

A lose-lose trade rarely goes through .

Nzap is offline   Reply With Quote