HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins/Islanders

Old
10-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

vCash: 500
Bruins/Islanders

Im a Bruins fan... this deal is one I think would help the B's. Mostly I fear Horton's health situation and future contract demands. As for the Islanders, I guess they got a guy that doesnt want to be there and another one struggling to mature. They seem desperate for a leadership infusion. I guess in my proposal Boston wins slightly talent on the ice and Islanders probably win for leadership and locker room improvement.

the deal is...
Nathan Horton
and
Andrew Ference

for
Lubomir Vishnovsky
and
Josh Bailey

I would suggest that all 4 guys would be resigned by the new teams. Horton would probably be a first line winger for the Islanders for his next contract. Ference is a good 4/5 vet dman and great locker room guy.

Vishnovsky would factor in as Boston's new PP QB and partner with one of Seidenberg or Chara while the other one becomes Hamilton's partner for what is a versitile top 4. Bailey hopefully would fit in with Seguin and Lucic to be one of Boston's top 2 lines in the days to come {imagine Krecji gets moved maybe later on when cap savings are needed} and then Bergeron/Marchand make up the other top line with maybe Caron?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Oates2Neely

Doesn't Bailey play center? Can he play wing, has he?

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Doesn't Bailey play center? Can he play wing, has he?
He scored something like 17 points in 21 games on the wing. He is definitely a winger.

I want to do this trade badly but Horton's health problems are a real bummer. Horton is what we need in the top 6/9, more muscle and in your face. But since he has bad concussion problems, Isles can't do this trade. More importantly, we need to see Bailey on the wing full time and Lubo on the point on the PP. Isles biggest immediate need is defense so trading Visnovsky when we have a true top 4 for the first time in years is a no-no.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 10:22 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

If Horton's concussions weren't an issue (although he seems to be doing well with his recovery), I would do this. I hate Ference though, but it's worth it for Horton.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Oates2Neely

Good value OP.

Im on the fence as a B's fan, which usually means fair trade. Lubo easily is more talented than Ference, & Ferences 'leadership & toughness' would be replaced by a more than eager McQuaid. Bailey is a so-so prospect, if he can play wing, maybe he's a upgrade over Caron? Peverly slots into Hortons wing (meh), which leaves a 3rd line of:
Caron-Kelly-Bailey... no imposing at all. But the B's blueline certainly improves.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:45 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
Im a Bruins fan... this deal is one I think would help the B's. Mostly I fear Horton's health situation and future contract demands. As for the Islanders, I guess they got a guy that doesnt want to be there and another one struggling to mature. They seem desperate for a leadership infusion. I guess in my proposal Boston wins slightly talent on the ice and Islanders probably win for leadership and locker room improvement.

the deal is...
Nathan Horton
and
Andrew Ference

for
Lubomir Vishnovsky
and
Josh Bailey

I would suggest that all 4 guys would be resigned by the new teams. Horton would probably be a first line winger for the Islanders for his next contract. Ference is a good 4/5 vet dman and great locker room guy.

Vishnovsky would factor in as Boston's new PP QB and partner with one of Seidenberg or Chara while the other one becomes Hamilton's partner for what is a versitile top 4. Bailey hopefully would fit in with Seguin and Lucic to be one of Boston's top 2 lines in the days to come {imagine Krecji gets moved maybe later on when cap savings are needed} and then Bergeron/Marchand make up the other top line with maybe Caron?
Horton's a ufa in July 2013. He has zero ties or loyalty to the NYI. There is no reason, he would pass up a chance at testing the ufa market.

and what do Wang/Snow offer Horton, with his concussion issues?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 10:47 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Bruins going for the hat trick? I'm done acquiring soft, one dimensional, pmds (Corvo, kaberle). They don't fit the style of play for the Bruins. Ference is perfect for this team

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 10:52 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Good value OP.

Im on the fence as a B's fan, which usually means fair trade. Lubo easily is more talented than Ference, & Ferences 'leadership & toughness' would be replaced by a more than eager McQuaid. Bailey is a so-so prospect, if he can play wing, maybe he's a upgrade over Caron? Peverly slots into Hortons wing (meh), which leaves a 3rd line of:
Caron-Kelly-Bailey... no imposing at all. But the B's blueline certainly improves.
Horton, Ference and Vis are all ufas in 2013. We are in a lockout and may see the season wiped out, see all three players declared ufas when the lockout ends.

Bailey wants a longterm deal with the Isles.

How exactly is this a fair trade?

Old
10-23-2012, 10:54 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Horton, Ference and Vis are all ufas in 2013. We are in a lockout and may see the season wiped out, see all three players declared ufas when the lockout ends.

Bailey wants a longterm deal with the Isles.

How exactly is this a fair trade?
Bailey doesn't deserve a long term contract, and chances are he (hopefully) won't get one. I've advocated trading him for a while but he did have a good end to last year.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:58 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Bailey doesn't deserve a long term contract, and chances are he (hopefully) won't get one. I've advocated trading him for a while but he did have a good end to last year.
Judging by the fact that Snow wouldn't budge off that 2 yr 'show me' offer, I'd say Snow agreed with you.

No interest in trading 22 yr old Bailey in a package, for a pair of impending ufas. Especially during a lockout, that may wipe out this entire season.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:08 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post

the deal is...
Nathan Horton
and
Andrew Ference

for
Lubomir Vishnovsky
and
Josh Bailey

As a Bruins fan I really don't like this deal.

I am firmly out of the camp that says the Bruins need a puck moving D other than Hamilton. I don't expect a heck of a lot from him this year but I still get the feeling that he will be at least as good as kaberle or Corvo. Losing Ference who is a leader on the Bruins and can play some pretty big and difficult minutes when needed is going to be a tough loss in my eyes. Ference also comes up big in the playoffs and any player who gives the finger to Habs fans in their buildng just belongs on the Bruins.

Horton is probably the 2nd best goalscorer on the Bruins if he is heathy and the team has said that he is now healthy and ready to return. I know that we really won't know until he starts playing again, but I am willing to take that chance.

Nothing against the Islander guys, they just aren't what I see the Bruins needing. I don't think there is much of a need for the Bruins to be trading for anyone at all unless they are going to be trading for an elite (or close to it) player.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 11:08 AM
seafoam
#hewenttoharvard

Disregarding the concussion issues, Horton is the perfect winger we need but he is not under a long term contract so that is a no-no for Garth. Garth expresses regularly that any deal made has to benefit the Isles short term and long term.

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Horton's a ufa in July 2013. He has zero ties or loyalty to the NYI. There is no reason, he would pass up a chance at testing the ufa market.

and what do Wang/Snow offer Horton, with his concussion issues?
hortons health question makes him a possibility for the islanders. will they get any other quality player to agree to a deal with them now? horton might be very afraid to let it get to ufa without a contract.

and even if he doesnt sign... vishnovsky was an ufa too. so its one year of a dman for one year of a big forward.

as for Ference... I think hed be fine signing a retirement contract with a team like the islanders. He isnt going to break the bank. Islanders have tons of talented kids but they all fail without leadership to build around.

Visnovsky doesnt really scream leadership or winning experience. Horton/Ference have just won a cup. Horton is young enough that he could be part of the Islanders for the next decade if they kept resigning him.

As for what Wang/Snow offer Horton.. I would suggest a short term deal for health reasons at a raise cause Islanders are down at the bottom of the cap for the near future anyhow.

It doesnt hurt them to throw money at what would be their best player along with Tavares on a short term deal and hope the health works out

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Oates2Neely

A healthy Horton is good for 25 to 30 goals..and lots of grit. I'm willing to give him a chance to rebound this year. Boston cant afford to trade a top-6 forward without getting one back.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:28 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
hortons health question makes him a possibility for the islanders. will they get any other quality player to agree to a deal with them now? horton might be very afraid to let it get to ufa without a contract.
The isles already have significant payroll tied up a player, with lingering health issues (DiPietro $4.5m per). I can't see the budget concious isles offering a sizeable contract for Horton, then praying the concussion issues are behind him.

Quote:
and even if he doesnt sign... vishnovsky was an ufa too. so its one year of a dman for one year of a big forward.
Isles added Vis because they wanted increase scoring from their blueline. Vis' health is not a question mark and although he does not sound like he's doing cartwheels over coming to LI, he and his agent have indicated that he'll honor the last yr of his nhl deal. I doubt Vis signs an extension. I see him as a stopgap.

Quote:
as for Ference... I think hed be fine signing a retirement contract with a team like the islanders. He isnt going to break the bank. Islanders have tons of talented kids but they all fail without leadership to build around.

If the isles want Ference and the B's don't extend him, then he'll be a ufa in 2013. I'd rather have Snow make his ufa offer at that point.

Quote:
Visnovsky doesnt really scream leadership or winning experience. Horton/Ference have just won a cup. Horton is young enough that he could be part of the Islanders for the next decade if they kept resigning him.
Again, no interest in moving Bailey for impending ufas, especially during a lockout. Makes no sense imo.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Isles jump on this.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Oates2Neely

What's the issue with Bailey? Do Isles fans truly see him becoming a legitimate top-6 player some day?

Old
10-23-2012, 11:40 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
What's the issue with Bailey? Do Isles fans truly see him becoming a legitimate top-6 player some day?
While the Isles always envisioned Bailey being the 2nd line center to Tavares (that seems to have changed with Strome being groomed for that role), he looked very good when moved to the wing at the end of last year. For now, Bailey looks to have a place as a top-6 winger with the hope that he finally establishes himself and he gets his 'I'm part of the core' long term contract from the Isles.

The kid has talent, we've seen flashes of utter brilliance from him... the problem being that he's been far too inconsistent. It's all about confidence with him, it's like night and day. He's still only 22 and despite his rocky start to his career, things are on the up and up for him.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 01:13 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

I'm extremely high on Bailey. I think as far as pure talent goes, he's probably only 2nd to Tavares on the Islanders. He just needs to gain some confidence and to be put with the right players. His defensive game has really rounded out as well, so at worst it looks like he can be a solid 3rd liner in this league for a long time.

That said, I really expect him to break out as a quality 2nd line player when the games start up. He's looked great with Okposo, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Isles throw Strome in the middle and run with that as their 2nd line.

I wouldn't do this deal, but I'm probably higher on Bailey than most Isles fans.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:57 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Good for both teams IMO. Yes, Horton has taken some bruises, but he'd be a great help for Tavares.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 03:02 PM
startainfection

horton would just threaten with retirement if he was traded to the isles, i don't want him

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 03:03 PM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I'm extremely high on Bailey. I think as far as pure talent goes, he's probably only 2nd to Tavares on the Islanders. He just needs to gain some confidence and to be put with the right players. His defensive game has really rounded out as well, so at worst it looks like he can be a solid 3rd liner in this league for a long time.

That said, I really expect him to break out as a quality 2nd line player when the games start up. He's looked great with Okposo, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Isles throw Strome in the middle and run with that as their 2nd line.

I wouldn't do this deal, but I'm probably higher on Bailey than most Isles fans.
i thought i was the only person to think that

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Kershaw

Am I the only one that thinks Boston is getting fleeced in this deal?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 03:32 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
horton would just threaten with retirement if he was traded to the isles, i don't want him
Way to just make things up out of thin air

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 04:45 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
What the hell makes you think he would do that? Jeez...