HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion 6.0

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2012, 06:58 PM
slasher911

vCash: 500
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88298351@N03/8073006587/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88298351@N03/8072996966/

Couple of photos of Matt Nieto and Danny O'Regan from last Sunday. Nieto is pretty impressive.

Old
10-11-2012, 07:08 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher911 View Post
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88298351@N03/8073006587/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88298351@N03/8072996966/

Couple of photos of Matt Nieto and Danny O'Regan from last Sunday. Nieto is pretty impressive.
Yeah Nieto really looked like he added some muscle over the summer. O'Regan looked tiny, but played well out there. Hope BU keeps them playing together. Also, the crowd has personalized chants for both of em, "glory, glory, Matt Nieto..." and "GO'Regan". Hoping for a good season full of growth for both of them.

Old
10-11-2012, 09:43 PM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
It's not. Obviously playing w/ two guys that are that highly skilled helps his production but he produces without them as well.

He's been really, really good so far this season skating as their #1 d-man in all situations.

DeMelo has had a great start to the season as well.

On another note, Merrill was injured today, which sucks for UMI but Moffie should see big minutes again this season.
Do you think KA is actually good right now or is he just a man dominating against boys.

Old
10-11-2012, 10:02 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohosaregood View Post
Do you think KA is actually good right now or is he just a man dominating against boys.
I think he's good, he dominated the Q last season too.

I don't think all of his offensive game is going to translate to the pros but he plays a very good two way game.

Old
10-13-2012, 08:37 PM
KirbyDots

Just back from the BU game. None of our boys scored but BU beat Providence 4-2. Nieto's no longer on a line with O'Regan which is too bad as their speed really complimented each other. Nieto was great defensively, had a few good passes and a nice breakaway too but couldn't find the back of the net. O'Regan seemed to get less time, was pushed around a bit but the kid has a nose for the net and was good at faceoffs. Sat in front of a bunch of hilarious Irish kids who knew nothing of the rules but were transfixed by the violence and we cracking jokes through the whole game.

Cody Ferriero had an assist in Northeastern's win over BC.

Old
10-14-2012, 12:52 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://www.ottershockey.com/article/...on-nhl-network

Friday London Knight's (Tierney) game vs Otters on NHL Network (US)

Old
10-14-2012, 03:48 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post

I'd kill to watch that game. It's gonna be a great chance for a lot of people to see 2015 eligible Connor McDavid play.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:52 AM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post

It's about time the NHL Network shows some live hockey.

It should be a good game, the Knights are a fun team to watch. They also have a couple of guys that could be first round draft picks this summer.

Old
10-15-2012, 10:57 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

NHL Network seems to have at least one WHL/OHL/QMJHL scheduled on the weekends (with NHL off).

NBCSN had college hockey last weekend.

CBS Sport not yet doing hockey this season.

hockey_east 8:52am via Web The Northeastern Huskies have been named HE Team of the Week after two victories against nationally ranked teams this past week #gonu

Cody Ferriero's team.

Old
10-17-2012, 08:51 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=65227
10/17 prospect report

Old
10-19-2012, 06:31 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

NHL Network (US) or Sportsnet (Canada) showing London-Erie game.

Tierney wearing #71.

Old
10-21-2012, 12:28 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I worry that KA's offense is almost entirely a product of Nathan Mackinnon and Jonathan Drouin...
This post was over a week ago but I'll just go on record as saying he isn't a product of Nate and Jo. A few points here and there of course are created by MacKinnon, but KA has an offensive mind of his own. He rushes the puck better than most D in the league and leads defenseman in points I believe.

A thing I noticed this season is his improved defensive play. In this weeks game-day program on Friday, there was an interview with Konrad, and when asked what would you like to improve, he said "my physicality". And it's shown. He's taken the body more often than not which is what I've been begging him to do for 4 years lol. Great to see.

The Moose would've been lost without him last season as he is the one who makes the best break-out passes on our team, and I don't think there's a better Dman (after Ouellet) than KA in the Q.

Funny I had this feeling I should come onto the Sharks board today to update you guys on KA lol. So far so good

Old
10-21-2012, 05:29 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
This post was over a week ago but I'll just go on record as saying he isn't a product of Nate and Jo. A few points here and there of course are created by MacKinnon, but KA has an offensive mind of his own. He rushes the puck better than most D in the league and leads defenseman in points I believe.

A thing I noticed this season is his improved defensive play. In this weeks game-day program on Friday, there was an interview with Konrad, and when asked what would you like to improve, he said "my physicality". And it's shown. He's taken the body more often than not which is what I've been begging him to do for 4 years lol. Great to see.

The Moose would've been lost without him last season as he is the one who makes the best break-out passes on our team, and I don't think there's a better Dman (after Ouellet) than KA in the Q.

Funny I had this feeling I should come onto the Sharks board today to update you guys on KA lol. So far so good
I love to hear that. I was really impressed by Konrad at prospect camp a year ago, and I'm hoping he can make it to the NHL and help us out.

At the same time, I've seen you post quite a bit, and it's obvious you have a Moose-bias, so you understand that my worries are not completely assuaged.

Old
10-22-2012, 12:30 AM
slasher911

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88298351@N03/8101811665/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88298351@N03/8101824196/

A couple more photos of Danny O'Regan against Providence. He really is tiny, but a ****load of fun to watch.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:28 AM
stalockrox

DeMelo has been named to one of the two rosters for the 2012 Subway Super Series.

http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/20...12-subway.html

Old
10-23-2012, 12:44 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
DeMelo has been named to one of the two rosters for the 2012 Subway Super Series.

http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/20...12-subway.html
Wow, Strome and Graovac are so good, they've been named to both teams!

Old
10-24-2012, 11:57 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I love to hear that. I was really impressed by Konrad at prospect camp a year ago, and I'm hoping he can make it to the NHL and help us out.

At the same time, I've seen you post quite a bit, and it's obvious you have a Moose-bias, so you understand that my worries are not completely assuaged.
Haha, well two years ago I wanted Abeltshauser off this team so consider it improvement This team was so bad for 4 years that I'm not used to seeing such a good team out there, and my posts are pro-moose since I haven't been able to do that since 2008 lol.

Leads the league in assists now I believe. Good defensive game tonight. If there's one thing he can improve it's shooting more and simplify his game on the PP. With all the firepower we have we should score more often, but KA (the whole group) tries to be too cute sometimes.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:43 PM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

So I apparently got into an argument with the guy from "last word on sports" about whether or not the Sharks have any prospect depth. I said that we were pretty deep at defense and in goal and some promising forwards and he said that the cupboards are bare in terms of true talent (I didn't really deny this) and anybody who says that the sharks have any kind of prospect depth is overrating it.

I wasn't really trying to get in an argument, I just wanted to point out that they had more than nothing. I know that the Sharks have an iffy group at best but a lot of them have shown themselves to have potential beyond their draft positions.

I'm not overrating what we have am I?

Old
10-26-2012, 01:08 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Joakim Ryan ‏@JoakimRyan Pumped to get the season started tomorrow vs CC

Old
10-26-2012, 09:38 AM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohosaregood View Post
So I apparently got into an argument with the guy from "last word on sports" about whether or not the Sharks have any prospect depth. I said that we were pretty deep at defense and in goal and some promising forwards and he said that the cupboards are bare in terms of true talent (I didn't really deny this) and anybody who says that the sharks have any kind of prospect depth is overrating it.

I wasn't really trying to get in an argument, I just wanted to point out that they had more than nothing. I know that the Sharks have an iffy group at best but a lot of them have shown themselves to have potential beyond their draft positions.

I'm not overrating what we have am I?
I don't know who the 'last word on sports' is but saying that the cupboard is bare just tells me that he/they don't really know what they're talking about when it comes to prospects.

The Sharks, as of now, do rank in the bottom 10 when it comes to prospects. That really shouldn't surprise anyone when you consider where they've been drafting.

I'm not sre what constitutes "true talent" but the Sharks don't have a Crosby, Pietrangelo or Stamkos in their system. If by true talent they meant any blue chip prospects - that's mostly true. I still think if Hertl can fix his skating he'll get there though.

The Sharks do have several d-men that could develop into top 4 d-men, they have a couple of goalies who could develop into NHLers as well. They also have a few forwards with top 6 upside and several with top 9 or NHL upside.

It's easier to be accurate when ranking individual prospects but when it comes to people ranking teams "systems", unless someone is watching every single prospect w/i a teams system (preferably live) on a pretty regular basis, the opinion they give you isn't really their own - it's a combo of their viewings, counting stats and likely a lot info/opinions they get from others.

Last edited by stalockrox: 10-26-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old
10-26-2012, 10:22 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

metroqfiles 8:16am via TweetDeck #NHL #SJSharks draft choice Konrad Abeltshauser relishes @HFXMooseheads streak, closes in on franchise record. Story: metronews.ca/sports/416581/

Old
10-26-2012, 09:17 PM
KirbyDots

Danny O'Regan scored his first 2 collegiate goals tonight in a 5-2 BU win over Massachusetts. Kid has the quickest hands ever as he went to the net and flawlessly roofed it both times! He's blindingly fast, faster than Nieto even, and he goes to the net! Nieto and O'Regan along with Gill are our new incredibly dominant top line, the chemistry is there and its only getting better. Nieto, though he wasn't in on the scoring looks super solid defensively, unfortunately he has grown a terrible Logan Couture mustache. Someone must have had a talk with O'Regan about playing hard and not letting the bigger guys push him around, he was hitting hard, working the corners, and taking the net! Kid's a spark plug, we got ourselves a good one!

Old
10-26-2012, 09:43 PM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

Quote:
I don't know who the 'last word on sports' is but saying that the cupboard is bare just tells me that he/they don't really know what they're talking about when it comes to prospects.

The Sharks, as of now, do rank in the bottom 10 when it comes to prospects. That really shouldn't surprise anyone when you consider where they've been drafting.

I'm not sre what constitutes "true talent" but the Sharks don't have a Crosby, Pietrangelo or Stamkos in their system. If by true talent they meant any blue chip prospects - that's mostly true. I still think if Hertl can fix his skating he'll get there though.

The Sharks do have several d-men that could develop into top 4 d-men, they have a couple of goalies who could develop into NHLers as well. They also have a few forwards with top 6 upside and several with top 9 or NHL upside.

It's easier to be accurate when ranking individual prospects but when it comes to people ranking teams "systems", unless someone is watching every single prospect w/i a teams system (preferably live) on a pretty regular basis, the opinion they give you isn't really their own - it's a combo of their viewings, counting stats and likely a lot info/opinions they get from others.
It was the guy from this site:
http://lastwordonsports.com/2012/08/...n-jose-sharks/

It was his opinion that outside of Hertl, we got nothing. Nieto was a longshot at best and the rest were 3rd & 4th liners and 5-6 defensemen at best. Ignored the goalies too--probably because they're so hard to project.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:41 PM
KirbyDots

Yesterday's rematch with Massachusetts went well for our boys. Nieto had a goal and an assist and O'Regan had two assists. They are developing into a dominant top line for BU with serious chemistry.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Kitten Mittons

If the new CBA increases the contract limit, we should sign Gill out of solidarity.

Closed Thread