HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 4.0 - The "I like it like That" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Takashi

vCash: 500
http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/#cat=69&videoID=115138

Old
10-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
I think Pacioretty, Cole and Desharnais are almost certain to stay together. Unless they dont do well this year, they will still be together.

Eller will likely be given a more offensive role and Galchneyuk will help him achieve his full offensive potential. Maybe Leblanc or Gallagher can complete the trio.

Pac - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Galla./Leblanc

It would make a pretty good top 6.
If they do that they`re going to have start asking for a lot more defense out of Desharnais. You can only really shelter one line out of the top 3 and if Eller is carrying the rookie scorers then 67-51-72 have to doing more to hold down the fort rather than always be on the attack.

Likewise its a pretty crummy idea to have Bourque playing on the heavy shutdown minutes you`d need to play Plekanec to make that line system work. The guy can`t match up against good opposition anymore.

This is why I think circumstances will end up forcing Pacioretty and Desharnais apart unless they bring in help from outside the organization, they won`t be able to afford using the team`s one good all round LW in the offensively oriented role Desharnais is going to play. Pacioretty scores at pretty much at the same rate with or without Desharnais so I don`t think chemistry is going to keep them together either.

Old
10-22-2012, 08:00 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Yes. Reid Boucher has quite the collection beauty whiffs from Galchenyuk passes too.
That Timmins article makes more sense now. Such a wasted work of art.

Old
10-22-2012, 08:04 PM
MaxLacoste

We have some options to find linemate for Gally. First, there's some players that could do the job in our system. Pacioretty is the player with real 1st line potential. So we have a left wing for Gally. For the right wing: we could try Leblanc, Collberg or Gallagher but they are more 2nd liners. Bozon and Vail could be long shot. We can find a player in the next draft. Shinkaruk, Drouin, Erne, Mantha are all very good prospects that could play wing on a first line. Finally we can try with UFA. Next year, Perry and Horton will be available. In 2014, Heatley, Vanek, Gaborik, Kessel, Setugochi. With Gomez, Gionta, Bourque, Markov, Kaberle gone in the 2014 summer, we'll have all the money needed to get one elite player.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Vanek

(Dream)

Old
10-22-2012, 08:14 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
If they do that they`re going to have start asking for a lot more defense out of Desharnais. You can only really shelter one line out of the top 3 and if Eller is carrying the rookie scorers then 67-51-72 have to doing more to hold down the fort rather than always be on the attack.

Likewise its a pretty crummy idea to have Bourque playing on the heavy shutdown minutes you`d need to play Plekanec to make that line system work. The guy can`t match up against good opposition anymore.

This is why I think circumstances will end up forcing Pacioretty and Desharnais apart unless they bring in help from outside the organization, they won`t be able to afford using the team`s one good all round LW in the offensively oriented role Desharnais is going to play. Pacioretty scores at pretty much at the same rate with or without Desharnais so I don`t think chemistry is going to keep them together either.
Im sure they will be together in the future. But in Gallys rookie year, I dont think they will risk Pacioertty's prodution on Gally. He will likely get a similar treatment like Seguin got in Boston. Centre or winger on the 2nd or 3rd line.

Old
10-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
Im sure they will be together in the future. But in Gallys rookie year, I dont think they will risk Pacioertty's prodution on Gally. He will likely get a similar treatment like Seguin got in Boston. Centre or winger on the 2nd or 3rd line.
Desharnais isn`t really the 1st line center, he`s the center of the most offensively oriented line. Big difference. Playing on his LW isn`t as big a responsibily as playing on Plekanec`s usually is. Giving him the Seguin treatment is more playing him with Desharnais than playing him with Plekanec.

Pacioretty`s production is basically the same with Desharnais or Plekanec, it doesn`t make sense to keep him with DD for that reason.

Old
10-22-2012, 08:55 PM
NotProkofievian

I'd love to see Galchenyuk with DD. I think that's a pretty badass idea, actually.

Old
10-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
What makes you think Timmins wasn't doing all this before the house cleaning?
Pretty obvious that Lapointe and Brisebois jobs are to do this. While Timmins has something called preparing the next draft on top of this. So Timmins was doing "some" of this and by his own admission, didn't have time to appropriately do it.

If they appointed people to it, it's because a better job could have been done. And it will be. Not because of Timmins lack of talent, but lack of time.

Old
10-22-2012, 09:51 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
I'd love to see Galchenyuk with DD. I think that's a pretty badass idea, actually.
They're both playmakers and they're both centres so I dunno how that would work. And I really don't see either of them on the wing.

Old
10-22-2012, 10:05 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
They're both playmakers and they're both centres so I dunno how that would work. And I really don't see either of them on the wing.
Gally can snipe with the best of them, and DD would translate well to the wing.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
10-22-2012, 11:22 PM
FF de Mars

Gally LW this year FTW (Seguin)

Old
10-22-2012, 11:26 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Well, Gally isn't just a playmaker. He's a goalscorer too. What makes me think it would work is that both of them are so smart, and able to hold onto the puck/control the play. I think they'd be so fun to watch.

Old
10-22-2012, 11:29 PM
NotProkofievian

Essentially, it'd be the old cliche "someone to get the puck, someone to pass the puck, and someone to shoot the puck," however, two of those players can pass the puck, and they can all cycle like crazy.

Gally - DD - Cole. Do it....Do it.

Old
10-22-2012, 11:46 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Essentially, it'd be the old cliche "someone to get the puck, someone to pass the puck, and someone to shoot the puck," however, two of those players can pass the puck, and they can all cycle like crazy.

Gally - DD - Cole. Do it....Do it.
I would love to see this.

Old
10-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
I would love to see this.
me too! only if gally was ready obviously. We'd be able to reunite the PPG line!

Patches - Pleks - Gio
Gally - DD - Cole
Bourque - Eller - Army
Moen - White - Prust
Nokes

Something along those lines!

Old
10-23-2012, 12:18 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
me too! only if gally was ready obviously. We'd be able to reunite the PPG line!

Patches - Pleks - Gio
Gally - DD - Cole
Bourque - Eller - Army
Moen - White - Prust
Nokes

Something along those lines!
Yeah only if he was ready obviously. That's actually a pretty good line-up imo!

Quote:
Lol, what a move. Is this the now infamous Hottot whiff?
It was actually Deangelo in that vid, I'm not sure if the "Hottot whiff" wasn't just mislabeled, but I will say that those happen fairly often!

Last edited by HankyZetts: 10-23-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old
10-23-2012, 01:48 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

sorry double post, dont know how to delete!

Last edited by HankyZetts: 10-23-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old
10-23-2012, 07:58 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Yes. Reid Boucher has quite the collection beauty whiffs from Galchenyuk passes too.
And it's not like the passes are hard to receive or behind them. Just very poor finishing ability by them.

Old
10-23-2012, 08:29 AM
jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Quote:
Desharnais is a true playmaker and has a pretty weak shot, but Gally's shot is very underrated. Most people see him as being thisplaymaker but I think he can score 30 goals or more regularly in the NHL as well as putting up about 50 assists.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597

Don't think this one was posted.

And much like in the summer, I am still ferociously against Galchenyuk breaking into the NHL as a LW. First, by many accounts, he's just a much more efficient player at center. Second, for every Seguin case, you have several other high picks who played as centers as rookies and quickly became stud centers.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:49 AM
poetryinmotion

His reaction was priceless. Gally does all the work and Boucher derps...

Old
10-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Maverik

Isn't he the type of players that get traded for a boatload of 1st rounders from a contender? Let's just hope if happens before the deadline...

Old
10-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
Isn't he the type of players that get traded for a boatload of 1st rounders from a contender? Let's just hope if happens before the deadline...
Maybe so. But he is their all-star AND Captain. Honestly, I think they'll have to lose a whole lot so they start thinking about that. So let's hope they either win a lot....or lose a lot to see something beneficial for Gally.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:15 AM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
oh lawd...for a second I thought you were talking about NHL teams*!

Old
10-23-2012, 11:43 AM
That

Craig Hottot just got the book for 10 games. A really dumb hit and a well deserved suspension. He's a big loss. Video

Davis Brown is out with an injury after being headshotted by Greyhounds defenceman Kevin Spinozzi.

The winger situation in Sarnia just keeps getting worse.

________

In better news, here's a great play from Galchenyuk against Guelph last friday:

A really dumb pass, but you have to love how he immediately turns around and puts his head down and chases him back. He was on the ice for about a minutes and thirty seconds before that, and stayed on for about a another minute.

Closed Thread