HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread Part V: Locks, Cocks, Fox, and Box And Two Smoking Barrels Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Don't want to turn this into political talk, but damn he completely smacked the **** out of Romney when they were talking about the Navy.

Less horses and bayonets
lol that was pretty amazing. i loved how Bob said Obama Bin Laden. Was wondering if anyone else caught that. haha

Old
10-22-2012, 09:41 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Don't want to turn this into political talk, but damn he completely smacked the **** out of Romney when they were talking about the Navy.

Less horses and bayonets
Think that was just a case of people taking what Romney said too literally, which will always happen in any debate so that's Romney's fault no doubt. You don't think Romney knows that the state of the military changes? It's an interesting point he brings up with the navy, but Obama threw it back in his face I thought UNTIL he had that line about horses and bayonets. I thought that was extremely childish, and played into the democratic platform this whole time which has essentially been, play into the fact that you can manipulate words and make Romney look stupid.

It was a funny line, and creative for sure, but it was unnecessary. I did turn to my mom after he said that and went, you know someone out there is absolutely shocked that we have less horses

Thought this was the strongest debate for both sides. I still think Obama takes the election, and pretty safely in that matter, regardless of what the polls say.

Old
10-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Obama's not a good debater, he's weak at it and he knows it. A lot of people will sway towards Romney based on the fact that his delivery is stronger and he's more articulate under pressure.

Old
10-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Did anyone see the new Walking Dead? mmmm
Yup, fantastic kill. There needs to be more sensational things like that. Looks like next weeks ep is gonna be a new plot opener. Season 3 is NOT going to be a prison version of the "vacation at the farm"

Old
10-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Yup, fantastic kill. There needs to be more sensational things like that. Looks like next weeks ep is gonna be a new plot opener. Season 3 is NOT going to be a prison version of the "vacation at the farm"
Oh I agree, and yeah seems like this season will be more "active" I guess. I love how they started off with a bang and just took right off without the boring "let's start off slow and reintroduce the characters for those who are just starting" kind of thing. I also never got into the comics so I have no idea where the season is going, but I am excited.

Also, the special effects are probably the best in any television show out there and i love how they continue to push the limit on gore.

Old
10-23-2012, 12:38 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Oh I agree, and yeah seems like this season will be more "active" I guess. I love how they started off with a bang and just took right off without the boring "let's start off slow and reintroduce the characters for those who are just starting" kind of thing. I also never got into the comics so I have no idea where the season is going, but I am excited.

Also, the special effects are probably the best in any television show out there and i love how they continue to push the limit on gore.
Every Sunday night, I end up with a desire to decapitate people and things It looks so fun

Old
10-23-2012, 12:42 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Another excellent night. I ran out of cigarettes unfortunately, but perhaps its for the best.

10-23-2012, 12:46 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Another excellent night. I ran out of cigarettes unfortunately, but perhaps its for the best.
Everything with you is "sublime", "Cerebral" and it just gives me this image of you smoking cigars with whiskey and a fireplace burning behind you acting as the only source of light and warmth.

Define excellent.

Old
10-23-2012, 12:49 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Everything with you is "sublime", "Cerebral" and it just gives me this image of you smoking cigars with whiskey and a fireplace burning behind you acting as the only source of light and warmth.

Define excellent.
****, my definition of excellent bounces all over the place.

Could be something as ridiculous as robbing a bank and shooting a volcano with a cruise missile or laying down on the grass with my friend, lighting my last cigarette and observing the night sky.

The latter is exactly what I did. Simple pleasures, I suppose.

Old
10-23-2012, 12:49 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Every Sunday night, I end up with a desire to decapitate people and things It looks so fun
lol my friends and I hope for a zombie apocalypse. if the world is gunna end it better be by zombies so i can start a clan and hold up in places and scavenge and kill zombies like a badass. rip the jaws and arms off zombies and chain them up as my pets lol

Old
10-23-2012, 02:00 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
lol my friends and I hope for a zombie apocalypse. if the world is gunna end it better be by zombies so i can start a clan and hold up in places and scavenge and kill zombies like a badass. rip the jaws and arms off zombies and chain them up as my pets lol
Definitely going with sword blade hands that extends a meter and can slice through hell. Also, two side machetes or katanas.

Zombie Apocalypse would be the best way for civilization to end tbh. Nature's way of resetting everything.

Old
10-23-2012, 02:13 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
****, my definition of excellent bounces all over the place.

Could be something as ridiculous as robbing a bank and shooting a volcano with a cruise missile or laying down on the grass with my friend, lighting my last cigarette and observing the night sky.

The latter is exactly what I did. Simple pleasures, I suppose.
You definitely need to come out to NYC when I'm in town

Old
10-23-2012, 07:04 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:

Well, Robert Kirkman has said in interviews that one part of the comic that's really gruesome wont be in the show. That would mean that other parts would be left out too, including the best part of anything ever,

Old
10-23-2012, 09:44 AM
blue425

Quote:
Definitely going with sword blade hands that extends a meter and can slice through hell. Also, two side machetes or katanas.

Zombie Apocalypse would be the best way for civilization to end tbh. Nature's way of resetting everything.
I'm calling it now, but I think Yellowstone blowing is going to be humankind's end.

Old
10-23-2012, 09:48 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:

Whenever someone asks me if I could simulate one way to die, but feel no pain, it's just a real dream (stuff like that) I always say zombie apocalypse. Mostly because I'm really curious to see how long I could last.

Love The Walking Dead. One of my favorite shows on TV these days.

EDIT - Just thought of something... Back when I was up in Amherst, NY to attend UB (paging: ThatCrazyRangerFan) there was this lot that had a Home Depot, AND a Wal-Mart supercenter on it. Now, if there was ANY place to hold up in a zombie apocalypse, it's there. Unfortunately, the Wal-Mart moved to a new store a couple of miles away.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
You definitely need to come out to NYC when I'm in town
I can't. I have things to do.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:18 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

So how about this tropical storm Sandy, eh?

Old
10-23-2012, 12:20 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Another Nassau Police Officer was killed today. What the heck is going on?

Old
10-23-2012, 01:06 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Another Nassau Police Officer was killed today. What the heck is going on?
Terrible news. I wonder what he was doing out in Queens?

Ah I see now...

Quote:
NYPD Commissioner Raymond Kelly said the shooting apparently stemmed from a traffic accident on the Nassau County side of the border. He said the officers saw the accident and began following one of the vehicles involved when it left the scene.
http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2012...led-in-queens/

Old
10-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Just booked my tattoo appointment and its on Halloween, how sweet is that.

Old
10-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2935
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Just booked my tattoo appointment and its on Halloween, how sweet is that.
What are you getting?

10-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
What are you getting?
I'm getting a tribute to my grandparents, 2 angels holding hands with their initials underneath on my right arm between the shoulder blade and elbow. I'm going to Shotsie's on Route 23 in Wayne, NJ

Old
10-23-2012, 02:04 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

(Safe to assume you're not a female, but this conversation sparked the thought)

Tattoos on females is a major turnoff for me, I don't know why. Maybe it's from my brainwashed youth growing up Jewish and how you're not supposed to have piercings or tattoos.

And I'm not just talking "lower back tattoos" or other blatantly obvious markings. I'm talking like, even something small on the ankle or the shoulder blade would just instantly turn me off from pursuing said female.

I think I'm part of a minority here though, a lot of guys that I know like tattoos on females, or simply just don't care either way. I'm one of the few people I know that are pretty adamant about it being a complete turn off.

Old
10-23-2012, 02:15 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
So how about this tropical storm Sandy, eh?
Wow! Wish I was in NY for this one...could be the biggest rival to the deadly 1938 hurricane that hit the NY/LI/CT areas. Gotta love NY weather

Old
10-23-2012, 02:19 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
(Safe to assume you're not a female, but this conversation sparked the thought)

Tattoos on females is a major turnoff for me, I don't know why. Maybe it's from my brainwashed youth growing up Jewish and how you're not supposed to have piercings or tattoos.

And I'm not just talking "lower back tattoos" or other blatantly obvious markings. I'm talking like, even something small on the ankle or the shoulder blade would just instantly turn me off from pursuing said female.

I think I'm part of a minority here though, a lot of guys that I know like tattoos on females, or simply just don't care either way. I'm one of the few people I know that are pretty adamant about it being a complete turn off.
I totally agree with you. although I am sure we are in the minority.

Closed Thread