HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rask Injured Overseas

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-23-2012, 02:29 PM
  #26
Johnnyduke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster57 View Post
What injuries has Rask had aside from the groin injury last season?
I keep hearing he's injury prone, but i can't remember anything else.
I'm with you. People are overreacting. He isn't JD Drew.

Johnnyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:30 PM
  #27
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
It's not serious.

Slightly pulled so he pulled himself out to get some rest

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:30 PM
  #28
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner
 
SpokedLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 6,785
vCash: 500
I concur with the durability concerns. I'm glad they didn't sign him longterm in the offseason.

SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:30 PM
  #29
Looch
B's, C's & Sox
 
Looch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gilford, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Hopefully he won't be Toivonen 2.0


What about the guy we traded for him (Rask)?


I believe Raycroft won the rookie of the year/Calder trophy the year before the lockout. He came back after playing for some european team after the missed NHL lockout season and he was never the same... Insert Tuukka

__________________
BuddysTickets@gmail.com
Looch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:31 PM
  #30
bp13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 11,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
You and me both.

As currently assembled we are a Tuukka tweak from cellar dwellars.
It's not like you to overreact Wally - unless you're kidding.

This roster is top 5 or so in the NHL. Losing Rask would hurt, but we're far from cellar dwellers with an even average goalie in net, provided Khudobin or another acquired goalie can provide that.

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:32 PM
  #31
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 5,896
vCash: 500
Thank God Timmy is still under contract.

Ratty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:33 PM
  #32
gobruins14
Registered User
 
gobruins14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BAL 302 Row 6 Seat 4
Country: United States
Posts: 2,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Hopefully he won't be Toivonen 2.0
Oh man, I had that same thought.

gobruins14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:37 PM
  #33
Gee Wally
Retired
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HF retirement home
Country: United States
Posts: 34,547
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
It's not like you to overreact Wally - unless you're kidding.

This roster is top 5 or so in the NHL. Losing Rask would hurt, but we're far from cellar dwellers with an even average goalie in net, provided Khudobin or another acquired goalie can provide that.
I've been concerned about the kid's durability before Timmah took a powder and even moreso with the lockout. When the game resumes it will be be under a compressed schedule is my bet. That requires even more more of a workhorse ability. I think the kid has some serious skills but is more of a thoroughbred than a clydsedale. So yeah, I'm worried.

Whats behind the kid is a complete unknown at NHL level play. Not exactly something that gives me the old warm and fuzzy feeling. I'd love to be wrong but without a top 'tender, we wont compete at a high level.

Yup....I'm a scared.

__________________

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:38 PM
  #34
caz16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 834
vCash: 500
Dominic Tiano ‏@dominictiano

#Bruins fans breathe RT @jedli Rask for Czech TV: "I slightly pulled my groin, it is not serious. .. i took little rest just for precaution"

caz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:39 PM
  #35
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
TP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 7th Circle of Hell
Country: United States
Posts: 22,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caz16 View Post
Dominic Tiano ‏@dominictiano

#Bruins fans breathe RT @jedli Rask for Czech TV: "I slightly pulled my groin, it is not serious. .. i took little rest just for precaution"
That guy doesn't know what the hell is talking about!


Good news, Dom... but still slightly irritating.

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:42 PM
  #36
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
It's not serious.

Slightly pulled so he pulled himself out to get some rest
How dare you be reasonable when people want to panic!

If people only knew how much these guys are constantly hurt.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:43 PM
  #37
Bri
Registered User
 
Bri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
It's not serious.

Slightly pulled so he pulled himself out to get some rest
Thanks Dom.

I gotta say though, doesn't a "slight" pull make you a bit nervous given the injury last year? (This question not necessarily directed to Dom.)

Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:43 PM
  #38
BubbaBoot
Registered User
 
BubbaBoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mission Hill
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 10,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
You and me both.

As currently assembled we are a Tuukka tweak from cellar dwellars.
Tweaka Rask? It fits...

BubbaBoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:50 PM
  #39
Riiseli
Unregistered User
 
Riiseli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 443
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Riiseli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
What about the guy we traded for him (Rask)?


I believe Raycroft won the rookie of the year/Calder trophy the year before the lockout. He came back after playing for some european team after the missed NHL lockout season and he was never the same... Insert Tuukka
Raycroft was pretty terrible during the lockout (played a bit for Tappara in Finland). Meanwhile Tuukka is third in sv% and first in GAA in the Czech Extraliga.

Riiseli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:50 PM
  #40
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post
That guy doesn't know what the hell is talking about!


Good news, Dom... but still slightly irritating.
HA!!! If he stays away from "companionship" he'll sit out the next game and be good to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
How dare you be reasonable when people want to panic!

If people only knew how much these guys are constantly hurt.
Me reasonable ? That's a low blow Artie

But you're right. These guys play hurt all the time. At every level. I know I've thrown a few out there in the OHL that teams were trying to keep hush hush for whatever reason. It is more frequent then we think

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:54 PM
  #41
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Guy tweaks a groin and the whole board jumps off the ledge ... lockout can't end soon enough.
So you have little to no concern with a goalie who has had some issues with groin injuries, pretty necessary for optimum play between the pipes???? Ference`s downfall was his groin problems and we saw what that did to him for playing time, me thinks a goalie`s need for health in that area a touch more cause for concern.

I won`t say I`d go out, make a deal for a goalie but I`d be mighty surprised if Chia and Co. feel like you do, no worries at all.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:57 PM
  #42
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Thanks Dom.

I gotta say though, doesn't a "slight" pull make you a bit nervous given the injury last year? (This question not necessarily directed to Dom.)
Not nervous. And that goes for Bergy, Seguin, Rask, Krejci....

I could walk out my front door and get hit by a bus right after writing this. I don't dwell on it.

Seen enough tragedy to just say "what happens happens. It's out of my control" just as it is for our boys overseas.

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 03:00 PM
  #43
DoubleAAAA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
So you have little to no concern with a goalie who has had some issues with groin injuries, pretty necessary for optimum play between the pipes???? Ference`s downfall was his groin problems and we saw what that did to him for playing time, me thinks a goalie`s need for health in that area a touch more cause for concern.

I won`t say I`d go out, make a deal for a goalie but I`d be mighty surprised if Chia and Co. feel like you do, no worries at all.
Guys get hurt all the time, is it something to worry about/plan for? Sure. Is a guy taking himself out of a game because of some discomfort enough to launch full scale panic mode? No, no it's not.

Seriously the guy tweaked a groin ... it happens all the time, especially early into seasons/training camps.

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 03:04 PM
  #44
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Guys get hurt all the time, is it something to worry about/plan for? Sure. Is a guy taking himself out of a game because of some discomfort enough to launch full scale panic mode? No, no it's not.

Seriously the guy tweaked a groin ... it happens all the time, especially early into seasons/training camps.
sure it does, last time this happened, I "think" he missed almost 6 weeks, again, risk is always assumed with this game and it could very well have happened if the NHL was playing games right now, to say that there isn`t any concern at all when a goalie such as Rask has now had 2 of them, in a short period of time, I differ in opinions with you and that`s what makes the boards what they are

Panic time??? Nope, cause to be a touch concerned??? Yep

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 03:05 PM
  #45
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Easthampton, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
We go from Vezina/Conn Symthe winner to a guy who has a grand total of what? 10 games. It's going to be a tough pill to swallow.

Hopefully it's not too serious, but if it is, it will be the 3rd straight season he's sustained a serious injury. Not good at all.
And where was Thomas before Peter believed in him? Granted I'm not syked about our tending situation, but I do think Khudobin is the real deal

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 03:09 PM
  #46
Looch
B's, C's & Sox
 
Looch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gilford, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riiseli View Post
Raycroft was pretty terrible during the lockout (played a bit for Tappara in Finland). Meanwhile Tuukka is third in sv% and first in GAA in the Czech Extraliga.
I never said that Tuukka was playing poorly. I simply made the parallel between the two having a great beginning to their NHL careers, missing time because of a NHL lockout and left the possibility open that Tuukka may not be the same when he comes back to the NHL (similar to Raycroft).


Last edited by Looch: 10-23-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Looch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 03:12 PM
  #47
Riiseli
Unregistered User
 
Riiseli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 443
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Riiseli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
I never said that Tuukka was playing poorly. I simply mad e the parallel between the two having a greg beginning to their NHL careers, missing time because of a NHL lockout and left the possibility open that Tuukka may not be the same when he comes back tot he NHL (similar to Raycroft).
And I wanted to make the distinction that Raycroft was not the same during the lockout. Of course it is possible that Rask will not be the same after the lockout, but for now the parallel is not too strong for my comfort.

Riiseli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 03:15 PM
  #48
DoubleAAAA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
sure it does, last time this happened, I "think" he missed almost 6 weeks, again, risk is always assumed with this game and it could very well have happened if the NHL was playing games right now, to say that there isn`t any concern at all when a goalie such as Rask has now had 2 of them, in a short period of time, I differ in opinions with you and that`s what makes the boards what they are

Panic time??? Nope, cause to be a touch concerned??? Yep
For sure, was more just observing that there was a general over reaction to the news.

Last time the injury was clearly severe given the way he went down. By all reports he finished the period after this one, so it's hard to compare the two IMO. I'd expect him to be stiff / sensitive / cautious given he is coming off a serious injury 6 months ago, especially coming into a season with no training camp to speak of.

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 03:19 PM
  #49
Bri
Registered User
 
Bri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Not nervous. And that goes for Bergy, Seguin, Rask, Krejci....

I could walk out my front door and get hit by a bus right after writing this. I don't dwell on it.

Seen enough tragedy to just say "what happens happens. It's out of my control" just as it is for our boys overseas.
No, I'm with you there.
I meant "nervous" in terms of Rask and what appears to be a recurring injury.

EDIT: You know, will Rask's groin become Kluzak's knee, so to speak. (And for some reason that last sentence kinda makes me chuckle.)

Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 03:34 PM
  #50
stick9
Registered User
 
stick9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 500
No hockey and it's just a tweak, no real reason to get in a twist.

Beyond that, we have how many guys over playing without the proper off-season conditioning programs and training camps. I'm surprised we haven't seen more injuries.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.