HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NCAA Football Thread

Old
10-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
That's why I'm debating on whether I should get tickets for Louisville/Rutgers game ending the season. Have a gut feeling they are going to screw themselves against Cincinatti. Cincinatti (and WV) always seemed to be their Achilles heel.
Go to the Homecoming game on Oct 27 vs Kent St-a good MAC team.
Going to games are a fun event.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Go to the Homecoming game on Oct 27 vs Kent St-a good MAC team.
Going to games are a fun event.
I was looking at Louisville/Rutgers being a big game.

It's going to be late November so it'll be cold as ****. Don't want to sit upstairs. Don't know whether to sit in the end zone or one of the sections over from the corner.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 06:54 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

The Defense was gonna cost WVU eventually. This one hurts possibly even worse than the Syracuse game last year, though they're both about the same as far as the overall result; WVU is flat on all sides of the ball, and the home team hits everything right that they possibly can.

National Championship was likely wishful thinking from the start of the season, but regroup and play hard the rest of the season and the Big XII is still wide open.

Oh, and get rid of Deforest. The guy looks as clueless as the Defense he runs. An absolute disgrace.

AZNDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 09:40 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

The first BCS rankings come out, and not only are there 7 Big XII there, but WVU's at #13? I'll take that and run, though the loss sounds a little bit better when you say they lost to the #17 team in the rankings in Texas Tech.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
The first BCS rankings come out, and not only are there 7 Big XII there, but WVU's at #13? I'll take that and run, though the loss sounds a little bit better when you say they lost to the #17 team in the rankings in Texas Tech.
I pull for WVU overall since I do not like their rivals (sPitt, Va Tech and old rival they don't play anymore, PSU).

Rutgers at 15th in the BCS ranking.
They have a tough game at Temple in Philly this Saturday at 12pm.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:00 PM
apice3*

Kind of curious to see where Rutgers ends this season if they can win out. They have a trap game this weekend against a decent conference team in Temple a week before their homecoming game. After Temple they have 2 cake walk games before the tough stretch.

They get a BCS bowl if they win the Big East, but I'm still foolishly hopeful for a title game if they can win out and see everyone except the SEC champ lose a game.

Quote:
No loss is good when it's by 35 points, especially when Tech was unranked at the time.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 05:18 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Quote:
I pull for WVU overall since I do not like their rivals (sPitt, Va Tech and old rival they don't play anymore, PSU).

Rutgers at 15th in the BCS ranking.
They have a tough game at Temple in Philly this Saturday at 12pm.
I'd rather play those classic rivalries than the cupcake non-conference games they have (Georgia State next year?).

I know other WVU fans don't care for the "Big Least" anymore, but I still root for some of the teams, like Louisville and Rutgers. WVU wouldn't be where it is now without the Big East.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Kind of curious to see where Rutgers ends this season if they can win out. They have a trap game this weekend against a decent conference team in Temple a week before their homecoming game. After Temple they have 2 cake walk games before the tough stretch.

They get a BCS bowl if they win the Big East, but I'm still foolishly hopeful for a title game if they can win out and see everyone except the SEC champ lose a game.

No loss is good when it's by 35 points, especially when Tech was unranked at the time.
Kent St will not be a cake walk, they are arguably the best team in the MAC this season and teams from that conference have defeated quite a few teams from "big name" conferences already this season.
Ohio over Penn St as an example.

Old
10-15-2012, 06:23 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Kent St will not be a cake walk, they are arguably the best team in the MAC this season and teams from that conference have defeated quite a few teams from "big name" conferences already this season.
Ohio over Penn St as an example.
Penn State stinks, and being the best team in the MAC isn't anything to write home about. If Rutgers doesn't win the game it'll be a complete disappointment. Of Rutgers 12 games, it's probably in the top 3 or 4 easiest games.

Old
10-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

I would hate to be the team that ends up with the #1 pick this year if it turns out they need a QB. No elite prospects in this class.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 01:56 PM
selyar
Need cupcakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I was looking at Louisville/Rutgers being a big game.

It's going to be late November so it'll be cold as ****. Don't want to sit upstairs. Don't know whether to sit in the end zone or one of the sections over from the corner.
we went to a game recently and sat in the endzone. this was our view.
http://instagram.com/p/QuqhOHPtXI/

selyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyar View Post
They also have an interactive seating chart for all the sections.
http://www.scarletknights.com/ticket...ng-stadium.asp

Old
10-23-2012, 03:45 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
I would hate to be the team that ends up with the #1 pick this year if it turns out they need a QB. No elite prospects in this class.
Barkley would have gone 3rd overall, in a vacuum, last year.

There's a ton of defensive talent in this draft. Really want to see where Te'o ends up.

Also, South Carolina has 2 losses and is still ahead of Rutgers. It's a shame. Rutgers has a very good team this year but the conference is awful so Rutgers suffers.

Old
10-23-2012, 04:23 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyar View Post
We sat a few sections to your right about 15 rows up a few years ago. They're actually pretty decent seats, kind of hard to gage distance at times but you pick up on it quickly.

You can also clearly tell if a field goal is good. Something that's a little harder to do from the upper levels.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 05:26 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

My god West Virginia sank fast lmao

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Officer Rod Farva
Fire Pete DeBoer

Quote:

Kent State is 5-1, far from a push over. No chance that they get a title shot if they go unbeaten

Officer Rod Farva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:31 PM
SCOTTIESTEVENS

Quote:
Penn State stinks, and being the best team in the MAC isn't anything to write home about. If Rutgers doesn't win the game it'll be a complete disappointment. Of Rutgers 12 games, it's probably in the top 3 or 4 easiest games.
False.

Howard, Tulane and Army are considerably worse. Pittsburgh is bad. Connecticut is about even.

Howard, Tulane, Army................... Pittsburgh....... UConn/Kent State

SCOTTIESTEVENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:49 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
My god West Virginia sank fast lmao
I'm surprised WVU is still in the top 25 after two straight blowout losses, but I'll take it for now. There's a lot to try and address with this bye week. From the defense as a whole to the offense's disappearing act recently to straight up leadership in the locker room. Practically all of Morgantown is calling for some Deforest-ation with the embarrassingly bad defense. It's a far cry from our Bruce Irvin/Julian Miller led defense of last season. That doesn't mean anything though if the offense doesn't find itself again. Shawne Alston coming back can help the running game immensely.

Old
10-23-2012, 08:06 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTIESTEVENS View Post
False.

Howard, Tulane and Army are considerably worse. Pittsburgh is bad. Connecticut is about even.

Howard, Tulane, Army................... Pittsburgh....... UConn/Kent State
Alright so 5th toughest. Whoop dee do. And Pittsburgh is better than their record suggests. Their offense is good, but the D gives up too many big plays.

Calling Kent State even with UConn pretty much proves my point anyway. Rutgers played alright, not great, not bad, against UConn and beat them by 16. And even that kind of makes that game look closer than it really was.

Old
10-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Reallly looking forward to the ND-Oklahoma game this weekend, should be a good one. Go Irish!!!

Henrique Iglesias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Officer Rod Farva
Fire Pete DeBoer

I hate ND but Teo makes me wanna see them win the whole thing

Officer Rod Farva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 10:04 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
I'm surprised WVU is still in the top 25 after two straight blowout losses, but I'll take it for now. There's a lot to try and address with this bye week. From the defense as a whole to the offense's disappearing act recently to straight up leadership in the locker room. Practically all of Morgantown is calling for some Deforest-ation with the embarrassingly bad defense. It's a far cry from our Bruce Irvin/Julian Miller led defense of last season. That doesn't mean anything though if the offense doesn't find itself again. Shawne Alston coming back can help the running game immensely.
Wait, they're still in the top 25? How in the **** is that possible? I didn't watch the game as I was at the Red Bull game where their offense has been worse then West Virginia's even lol but I kept track of the score on my phone. I stopped checking 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter lol. I don't know how a defense can honestly be that bad...I mean, there are so many gaps. the Defensive coordinater must go, because he's awful. Far cry from the beginning of the month hearing "lets go mountaineers" as I tried to sleep after the game haha. Well, I hope they get **** together for Oklahoma or it'll be a rough weekend xD

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 10:17 PM
apice3*

South Carolina is still in the top 15 after 2 losses.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Zippy316

Louisville/Cincinatti Friday night should be good.

If Cincinatti upsets Louisville, it puts Rutgers in a pretty good position. Cincinatti, and WVU, have been Rutgers Achilles heel though recently.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
South Carolina is still in the top 15 after 2 losses.
They lost to two top five teams. It's not like they lost to Appalachian State.